New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default College of Eloquence Bard OP?

I just happened to come across the UA College of Eloquence Bard, and it looks like a character that I've been trying to build for quite a while. Not to mention the actual abilities look awesome. I'm curious if anyone has read it for balance, or better yet played it at all. It seems like it might be a bit overpowered, with the main problem being the ability to impose disadvantage on up to five saving throws per short rest starting at level six.

Any opinions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: College of Eloquence Bard OP?

I tend to think most UA's are at least a little over powered. They tend to get dialed back a bit before print.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: College of Eloquence Bard OP?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDuckGrant View Post
    I just happened to come across the UA College of Eloquence Bard, and it looks like a character that I've been trying to build for quite a while. Not to mention the actual abilities look awesome. I'm curious if anyone has read it for balance, or better yet played it at all. It seems like it might be a bit overpowered, with the main problem being the ability to impose disadvantage on up to five saving throws per short rest starting at level six.

Any opinions?

It's an int save to have disadvantage on another save. It's not overpowered, but it is finicky.