New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default (3.5) Making a non magical bard/jester class for post apocalyptic book

Hey everyone, I'm making another class, but this time, I want to make something like bard or jester, just without the spells and magical abilities. Any suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) Making a non magical bard/jester class for post apocalyptic book

Automatically gets the Goad feat (Minatures Handbook) to insult an enemy to make it try to attack the jester for sure.

Maybe also Scathing Wit (Dragon Compendium)- insult/mock someone to decrease their attacks?
    OI YOU! Join this one Discord where people talk 3.5 stuff! Also chicken infested related things! It’s pretty rad! https://discord.gg/6HmgXhUZ

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) Making a non magical bard/jester class for post apocalyptic book

Quote Originally Posted by booliusdoolius View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm making another class, but this time, I want to make something like bard or jester, just without the spells and magical abilities. Any suggestions?
    Without any kind of magic, the bard is just an Expert that plays an instrument. IIRC the only non-magical ability they even get is Bardic Knowledge. What are you looking for them to be able to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Without any kind of magic, the bard is just an Expert that plays an instrument. IIRC the only non-magical ability they even get is Bardic Knowledge. What are you looking for them to be able to do?
    I want the class to have jester's ability to mock and bards musical inspiration abilities, just without magic. It's annoying, I know.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by booliusdoolius View Post
    I want the class to have jester's ability to mock and bards musical inspiration abilities, just without magic. It's annoying, I know.
    Sounds like you know what you want - homebrew that and slap the (Ex) tag on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Make it an alternate class feature for rogue. Replace sneak attack with some combination of bardic music and jester's performance. Bam, done.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2019-10-16 at 04:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rogue would be a decent chassis to base a jester on. Acrobatic tumble-type who surprises people
    OI YOU! Join this one Discord where people talk 3.5 stuff! Also chicken infested related things! It’s pretty rad! https://discord.gg/6HmgXhUZ