I want to try playing a Vengeance Paladin 6 / Hexblade 4 using the Vampire race from Planeshift Ixalan, but I’m unsure of exact optimisation and what magic items would benefit the build most. We get to start with 2 uncommon items OR 1 rare. Point buy for stats, DM doesn’t care about multiclassing stat requirements.

Obviously, the Hexbalde eliminates the need to boost STR, but the Vampire’s Bloodthirst ability relies on grappling, restraining, and incapacitating. I was thinking of grabbing Gauntlets of Ogre Power as one item, but then that negates a big draw of Hexblade... but I still want the curse to fish for crits, esp along with Vengeance’s Vow of Enmity. High STR would also be needed for heavy armour, but then I could also get Mithral Plate Armour, and avoid giving the party away in stealthy situations, but then it doesnt need the high STR. I could get both those items, but I am feeling there is so much weird overlap that I must be missing a more optimal solution.

I know restrain/incapacitate can be induced with spells, but grapple+Bloodthirst could be done on the same turn. I’m not sure how much I can rely on the party to handle foes like this, so far there’s a cleric, a barbarian, and someone undecided.

I also wonder if Paladin 8 / Hex 2 would be more optimal... but I like the spooky vibe of a pact weapon... and I’m not sure how much using a two handed weapon would get in the way of spellcasting without Improved Pact Weapon.

This is a short campaign, I don’t feel guilty for being cheesy, I wanna go in and beat the crap outta things while having a spooky vibe. Any input to help me achieve this would be greatly appreciated!