The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WindStruck and Zene's The Haunting OOC

Personally, I'd find it rather hard to believe the word of anyone you don't know well at all over the phone.. and even if you did know them well.. what about due diligence!

Oh yeah, a question I had forgotten to ask is, when do we catch the train back to Arkham?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-11-16 at 03:01 AM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Erm... what about this guy has shown you that he does his due diligence or that he isn't automatically trusting of others (those are the two qualities that literally got him into this mess in the first place)? Needless to say, he's not the wisest fellow.
    Some NPCs I run will be intelligent, wise, well-spoken, and educated. Others may be none of those things. Others still will be a combination of those elements. I hope that if certain NPCs act without the prudence that you yourself possess you can still enjoy the world Deirdre inhabits.

The train should be heading out Sunday Morning (unless you'd like to head out earlier).
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-11-16 at 03:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

....yes, that does seem to be an excellent point...
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah lol

Turns out that the unwise ones are most often in the need of help in this game XD (just like in the real world... huh)

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

yeah.. oh boy.

Now that really hits home for me..

lol

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Congratulations! You've done it! You've managed to beat The Haunting. Your characters have understood that death is not the end, and something foul waits at the corner of human imagination. Thus, they might not ever be the same. Nevertheless, they will improve!

You may read all of the other forums relating to The Haunting here at the Society for the Exploration of the Unexplained (same link).

According to my notes, I currently have Deirdre succeeding in: Art/Craft (Acting), Art/Craft (Literature), Charm, Climb, First Aid, Language (English), Law, Library Use, Listen, Persuade, Psychology, and Spot Hidden. Meanwhile, I have Yitzhak succeeding in: Art/Craft (Literature), Charm, Dodge, Fighting (Brawl), History, Language (English), Library Use, Listen, Mechanical Repair, Occult, Persuade, Psychology, and Spot Hidden.

In addition, you both gain a Sanity reward of 1d4 for having relative confidence that Mr. Knott will not go bankrupt (or at least, not anytime soon) and Yitzhak gains an additional Sanity reward of 1d6 for witnessing and overcoming Walter Corbitt (however this may be offset by several factors that occur later on...).

Speaking of the next scenario, the next one is actually a bit different. I personally enjoy creating shared universes, and with that in mind, I wanted to take a bit of a break from the world of Arkham and the Society for the Exploration of the Unexplained in order to try something new. This next scenario would use specific pre-generated characters in order to show off other aspects of the Call of Cthulhu game. I was originally going to run this for 3ish people and switch up the players so that way people who played in the Haunting wouldn't play in the same game with the same people again, but to be honest, no other players really seem to be able to match either of your prolific posting rates, so I think we'd probably stay as this group of 2. I may not do this though, I'm still thinking about it. If you both have serious issues with playing pre-generated characters and really don't want to play in this next one, that's fine, but personally I'd quite enjoy running it and it looks quite fun.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-11-17 at 01:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think I've ever liked the idea of playing someone/something's pregenerated characters. Oldschool video games were the exception when there was nothing really else (heck, even then they'd let you rename them), but in roleplaying games when we can make our own characters, it doesn't really make sense to me.

Now, I'm not going to be totally closed-minded, and I'd listen to the pitch of the story and the types of characters you intend for us to play... I'm just saying I think it's likely I won't be interested.

Anyway, let's make some rolls!

Sanity gain: (1d4)[4]

Acting: (1d100)[2]
    (1d10)[4]

Literature: (1d100)[49]
    (1d10)[1]

Charm: (1d100)[10]
    (1d10)[8]

Climb: (1d100)[93] <
    (1d10)[2]

First Aid: (1d100)[35] <
    (1d10)[5]

English: (1d100)[42]
    (1d10)[2]

Law: (1d100)[50] <
    (1d10)[10]

Library Use: (1d100)[69] <
    (1d10)[3]

Listen: (1d100)[33]
    (1d10)[5]

Persuade: (1d100)[24]
    (1d10)[4]

Psychology: (1d100)[72] <
    (1d10)[1]

Spot Hidden: (1d100)[5]
    (1d10)[2]
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-11-17 at 05:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

This adventure will take place in Rockport, MA (not far from Arkham), in 1926. The general pitch (without spoiling too much) is that the Lighthouse has gone out, plunging what would be a normal oceanic voyage into chaos, leading to a desire for refuge and a yearning to discover exactly what happened at the Lightless Beacon.
    I'm afraid I can't spoil the information regarding the actual characters themselves, as virtually all of the RP is between the characters themselves as opposed to with NPCs.
    However, I can give a little bit of information: There's someone who's loyal--to a point but suspicious and cautious with a lot to lose too, someone who's twitchy and watchful after being a bit on edge due to their work, a charmer but someone who's determined to be more than a pretty face, and a flamboyant but slightly eccentric person (albeit they're still nobody's fool). I know this is very little to go off of, but that's all I really want to say without spoiling things too much.

Also, I'm still waiting for the answer concerning Yitzhak's apparel.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-11-18 at 11:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

His apparel? Didn't he tell you how he's dressed already?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I think there was mention that such things would be compiled and fully realized but then we got caught up in the aspects of the haunted house if I'm not mistaken (I very well could be).