The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Enter the Fields of Blood. (DnD 3.5/Pathfinder Competitive Kingdom Building)

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    yeah that is correct for example if you upgrade your village to have a log camp you then get that 25% resource bonus and then you upgrade to have a sawmill in addition to the log camp it adds another 50% to that already increased from the log camp
    IE 2*1.25=2.5, 2.5*1.5=3.75, 2.5+3.75=6.25
    Finally got my fresh eyes on this, I think your math is off. If something has its GDP increased by 25%, then has it raised again by 50%, it would just be X * 1.25 * 1.50, or X * 1.875. Given, it is still more than I was originally giving myself credit for by a full 12.5%, but I'm thinking you took a step too many there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflick View Post
    But donít forget that cities have there own upkeep in addition to that. Also you get a percentage loss depending on how many provinces you have. And you have to split your income between the regent and the realm
    Noted, calculated for provinces, buildings, troops, and taxes, and I'm still coming up with plenty in the black.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2019-10-31 at 05:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Enter the Fields of Blood. (DnD 3.5/Pathfinder Competitive Kingdom Building)

Okay, I've made my selections for territory! I'm still working on the fluff of Wren's Court (basically think early Renaissance France but run by Gnomish cultural police run by a council of old bardic families), which will hopefully be a prosperous place. The spreadsheet work goes slowly as well, but it's coming along.

These are my tentative tile selections. The plan is to have Sang Marlen in the middle of my other tiles, right where that river meets the sea. I plan to have 5 tiles in total at game start (1 Claimed Settled province and 4 Explored provinces around it). I've included an image link but I've spoiled it for size.

Spoiler: Tile Selections
    Show

Edit: Due to financial restrictions, I am likely only going to end up with Sang Marlen and several Explored provinces around it. As such, I am reducing my footprint on the map to the single capital tile (the central blue one) and the four adjacent green tiles.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2019-10-31 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

@Johel HWas Dragonfire Adept from Dragon Magic ok? [Found that Lizardmen were fine.]
    Also, how would you feel about there being resource multiplying assets for terrain other than mountains/hills/plains/forests/aquatic, with us making up names as needed for our race/terrain type since the name is mostly fluff. Just evens out races some.
    For mounts, how do you feel about Magebred (Eberron) and War Beast (Monster Manual 2 I think), and how would you feel about Large Sized Crocodiles. Because for some reason, the designers made medium and huge ones, with no in-between. Which is just, weird.
    And finally for clarrification, the 100000RP, is that spendable on only basic features, basic features and stuff from the main book (What I think it is), or everything but special features with some having extra money for 'advanced' features?

Edit: (Added here to consolidate questions) For mount variety, would you be willing to allow the Reptillian Template (Savage Species) to be applied to animals, or would you be fine with refluffed horses and the like? Also, since I'm going the more draconic Lizardmen of the two, I'd like to request the Draconic Creature template, for elite units and the occasional mount. This I'll use far less often, and comes from Dracomonicon. If Reptillian is avaliable, I'll likely only use it to add the subtype since I can add almost all the changes other than claws and subtype by just paying points on the creature's statline without affecting CR.

[Rerequested because it was missed, but some bits added on.]

Quote Originally Posted by Psilulz View Post
    Certainly! I would welcome another scaled faction. I was merely posting what I had planned, which was in anticipation of a singular lizardfolk faction. Which, well, it's definitely thematically stretched out quite far.

Definitely! I can cut out a bit from my concept, which will actually probably help to focus it. It sounds like you're definitely leaning on the more draconic aspects, so I'll exclude the viletooth & blackscales from my faction. I can lean a bit more on the dinosaur + sun worship aspects. Still like the Dinotopia idea, so I'll probably emulate that a bit more.
    To clarify, are you going for dinosaur/noble civilization type lizardmen or dinosaur/viking/danish culture lizardmen? [I'd slightly prefer you going cultured, since it'd allow me to reuse much of Rivath's lore, Rivath being from a defunct game.]
    And with Lizardmen being 1HD, I probably won't use Poison Dusk lizardfolk. If you kept them, they'd make for great medium dinosaur riders, and there's some truly ferocious ones. [I prefer croc-cav myself. Unfortunately it only comes in medium and huge for some reason, no large crocs unless there's a template I missed. But having it just be huge crocs is more than fun.]

If you go for civilized I'll go with monsterous/draconic lizardmen raiders, threatened into submission, if you go with viking I'll go with a dragon venerating civilization who thinks it's clearly better than everyone else because they're closer to dragons, ['Lalalala if you're not here I can't hear you Emperor.'] their (Since deceased) black dragon ruler says so. And if Kobolds think they're more draconic they can totally pick a fight with the Lizardfolk. They'll even put down their weapons and just use their claws.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2019-11-02 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Girlfriend didn't pay internet, very slow for next little bit.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So you said you'll be okay with resource tables as long as they total 24 but still wanted to run it by you. Here is the terrain value for my goblins (if wetlands means marsh, let me know if it doesn't so I can change it):

aquatic: 4
    desert: 1
    forest: 5
    hill: 3
    marsh: 6
    mountain: 1
    plains: 2
    underground: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

homebrew:
    shadowdancer rework

human ranger substitution levels

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

@Johel so, I went through with where Ihs is. @3SecondCultist, you may also want to check it, since we're neighbors. I'd be happy to move something arround if it gets too much on your way. We can also fluff territorial agreements if you'd like. I get the feeling we're gonna end up best frenemies who protect each other but also spy on each other a lot XD

Spoiler: Where in Faralden is Ihs?
    Show

(Only thing I'd add: if 5 is considered Aquatic rather than forest, move it directly south of 6)

Triangle is capital (small island)
    Stars are villages (numbers will serve me to give them names, villages are either on the shore or upriver)

And then I added a few things for fluff:
    Yellow dots are territory Ihs hasn't tamed, but considers its jurisdiction (aka, wants either to control directly or have controled by trusted State. Mostly, they want to ensure naval traffic of the bay XD)
    Pink lines are territory Ihs would be happy to consider gnome territory (maybe we can make treaties on that regard?) and have civilized, rather than leave to wild elves and other barbarians.
    Yellow lines are territory Ihs migh consider controling in a very, very long term
    Purple lines are how trade routes would go :P Yeah, the position is ideal so that Ihs can connect the inner sea with the elven archipelago via river ^_^

I'm also working on having a small army of elite units with a lot of mobility and flight (which is good for defending a cohesive territory/sending as mercenaries or to support allies, not so much for conquest...). Less mobile units will only be called in times of desperation, and will mostly be golems (for mele) and elven irregular archers. By game start, I'll probably end up with like 4 units of 1000+ RP each.

So, in the standing army, the mele will be Air elementals. I want to add to them elite aerial archer calvary, and have three options at hand:

1-Get carried by a large elemental, which is not really standard. It may be technically possible (elementals have many shapes, even a humanoid version can "carry" a little elf) but requires some rule waving. It does look on theme, though.

2-Get an animal mount, which I dislike very much (it goes into a more "natural harmony" feel)

3-Get carried by Large animated object. You have Large animated mounts on FoB p. 169. According to the rules of animated objects, a sheetlike object can fly at half its normal speed (clumsy maneurability). This looks cool (I imagine the elves being carried aloft by some sort kimono/wraps that take them slowly into the sky) and is kosher, but requires some calls as to how to adapt the basic Large Animated Mount. Which could be:
    -Either just gain half Move (aka, 4) and add that times ten to the cost (as you do generally for flight speed).
    -Consider that since the Move 8 is for a 4-legged animated object (with 40' speed), I must use basic one (20' speed), which means flight speed is of 2. This leaves the cost untouched, as the increase of 20 is offset by the same decrease.
    -Allow me to use the move of a "wheeled" object, which is the fastest possible animated object with Move 12 and half of that for Flight. This would increase cost by 40 (for base speed) and 60 (for flight speed). Fluff wise, I imagine it as a dozen strips of cloth wrapped arround the elf, either carrying them fast through land as a sort of textile spider or jumping onto the air. And it looks awesome XD

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Random side note, @Johel. What did you use to make the map? I'd love to have it if it is a program.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground

Using that many elemental of that size would cost a staggering amount and require pretty advanced buildings, otherwise people would just make an army of medium fire elementals and kill everything.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CozJa View Post
    Do not forget that there's a Dragon Magazine 328 on Saurian Shifters
    Hmmmm... Will have to give that a gander...
    Although, straight up dinosaur lycanthropes might be a thing, too...

Magebred (Eberron) and War Beast (Monster Manual 2 I think)...
    Also interested in these. Though I'd also check out the Draconic and Half-Dragon templates for your doods.

To clarify, are you going for dinosaur/noble civilization type lizardmen or dinosaur/viking/danish culture lizardmen?
    Yeah, I'm going more dinosaur/noble civ.

Poison Dusk lizardfolk. If you kept them, they'd make for great medium dinosaur riders, and there's some truly ferocious ones.
    Yes! Had definitely planned to use them for some sweet, sweet dino-riding.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Don nadie View Post
    @Johel so, I went through with where Ihs is. @3SecondCultist, you may also want to check it, since we're neighbors. I'd be happy to move something arround if it gets too much on your way. We can also fluff territorial agreements if you'd like. I get the feeling we're gonna end up best frenemies who protect each other but also spy on each other a lot XD

Spoiler: Where in Faralden is Ihs?
    Show

(Only thing I'd add: if 5 is considered Aquatic rather than forest, move it directly south of 6)

Triangle is capital (small island)
    Stars are villages (numbers will serve me to give them names, villages are either on the shore or upriver)

And then I added a few things for fluff:
    Yellow dots are territory Ihs hasn't tamed, but considers its jurisdiction (aka, wants either to control directly or have controled by trusted State. Mostly, they want to ensure naval traffic of the bay XD)
    Pink lines are territory Ihs would be happy to consider gnome territory (maybe we can make treaties on that regard?) and have civilized, rather than leave to wild elves and other barbarians.
    Yellow lines are territory Ihs migh consider controling in a very, very long term
    Purple lines are how trade routes would go :P Yeah, the position is ideal so that Ihs can connect the inner sea with the elven archipelago via river ^_^

I'm also working on having a small army of elite units with a lot of mobility and flight (which is good for defending a cohesive territory/sending as mercenaries or to support allies, not so much for conquest...). Less mobile units will only be called in times of desperation, and will mostly be golems (for mele) and elven irregular archers. By game start, I'll probably end up with like 4 units of 1000+ RP each.

So, in the standing army, the mele will be Air elementals. I want to add to them elite aerial archer calvary, and have three options at hand:

1-Get carried by a large elemental, which is not really standard. It may be technically possible (elementals have many shapes, even a humanoid version can "carry" a little elf) but requires some rule waving. It does look on theme, though.

2-Get an animal mount, which I dislike very much (it goes into a more "natural harmony" feel)

3-Get carried by Large animated object. You have Large animated mounts on FoB p. 169. According to the rules of animated objects, a sheetlike object can fly at half its normal speed (clumsy maneurability). This looks cool (I imagine the elves being carried aloft by some sort kimono/wraps that take them slowly into the sky) and is kosher, but requires some calls as to how to adapt the basic Large Animated Mount. Which could be:
    -Either just gain half Move (aka, 4) and add that times ten to the cost (as you do generally for flight speed).
    -Consider that since the Move 8 is for a 4-legged animated object (with 40' speed), I must use basic one (20' speed), which means flight speed is of 2. This leaves the cost untouched, as the increase of 20 is offset by the same decrease.
    -Allow me to use the move of a "wheeled" object, which is the fastest possible animated object with Move 12 and half of that for Flight. This would increase cost by 40 (for base speed) and 60 (for flight speed). Fluff wise, I imagine it as a dozen strips of cloth wrapped arround the elf, either carrying them fast through land as a sort of textile spider or jumping onto the air. And it looks awesome XD
    Hey Don, I was planning to place my Duchy around the place where your eastermost yellow lines are. You plan for them to be your wild claimed provinces or is it something else?
    Does this poster have a sign?

10. - Top - End - #220

Flumph

Using that many elemental of that size would cost a staggering amount and require pretty advanced buildings, otherwise people would just make an army of medium fire elementals and kill everything.
    You may well be right: it says on the Bestiary of FoB that the large air elementals are summoned in groups of nine, whereas most martial units are groups of 100 or so XD So it seems like quantity-wise, it wouldn't really work. I do wonder if there are some cheaper elemental horses arround the Plane of Air... But think most likely it'll have to be animated objects!

Hey Don, I was planning to place my Duchy around the place where your eastermost yellow lines are. You plan for them to be your wild claimed provinces or is it something else?
    Feel free! The only tiles Ihs considers a little bit unclaimed wild are the yellow circles. And even then, it's alright so long as its allied countries that have those provinces.

Those lines were more like possible directions of further expansion IF it was wild land. :P

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Psilulz View Post
    Also interested in these. Though I'd also check out the Draconic and Half-Dragon templates for your doods.

Yeah, I'm going more dinosaur/noble civ.

Yes! Had definitely planned to use them for some sweet, sweet dino-riding.

Maybe for some, not mounts though. Well, Draconic and Reptilian on normal mounts animals might work for Draconic Lizardfolk mounts. Thanks for the confirmation, Rivath ho!
    I'll stick to Lizardfolk, Blackscale, and Viletooth. Don't need Poisondusk. Feel free to use all the varieties anyway yourself, I don't exactly have dibs
    Status Update:

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

The Kingdom of Rivath

Spoiler: Details
    Show

Race: Lizardfolk (Swamp) [River]
    Nation Type: Cultured Warlord.
    Alignment: N. Most Lizardfolk care neither way. Casters trend towards Lawful Alignments, while Raiders eventually trend towards evil.
    History:
    Warriors of the Southeastern River Delta, Rivathians are uncommon for Lizardfolk. They figured out steel, and unified. Moving out from swamps and eventually from rivers into rolling hills. What was once constant fighting for resources on the river settled for decades, and people breathed a sigh of relief. But then their population caught up again. First the merchants ranged further, and then the militias turned raiders. Suddenly, the Rivath and their shallow boats and river raiders became threats to all, taking to the ocean. In fact, deciding that the sacking of major cities caused Magnus to stop his conquests and turn around, lest the Rivath think that with their armies elsewhere they could freely raid into his empire. That those the Rivath had just stormed cried for help and offered to join were entirely incidental, at least according to the histories.

But the raiders stopped. The great heroes of the Rivath weren't nearly as great. The only ones to come close were from long ago, releasing the Coastdarker Tribe from the grip of Barag'kghoul, Who Mocks Dead Things. Records spoke of what such heroes could do for armies. And so they agreed to diplomacy... And stalled. Hard.
    Thanes, Dukes, Nobles, all negotiating for their own, until a noble lady from the barely leading group came forth. Born of Dragons, Lady Hess'thamar was of pitch black complection, but rainbows shone from her scales when the light hit, and her voice was that of an angel, taking not to the lazy tongue saving speech, but the refined speech who's words were clipped but lyrical. Marriage came soon after, then unification under Magnus and Farador.

History under Empire:
    A Vassal under the Empire, the Vassal Queen or King is a title assigned to the chosen ruler based on the ruling families that 'won' the negotiations that brought the Rivathians to the Empire. A respected post, despite how much was 'returned', perhaps because of how much was gained. With so much gained, the Rivathians settled down to grow, but many 'folk went abroad for the Empire. Lightly armored they made excellent skirmishers, capable of soaking far more harm than others. However they quickly earned a unsavoury reputation for eating the dead. The most notable hapistance was a centralization of mage training, the creation of a rather unusual royal menagerie, and Hag Covens making a pain of themselves. Rivath was considered a model, if monstrous, vassal of the empire.

That everyone was reminded that humans could breed with everything was reacted to oddly, given the children ended up being very much like Lizardfolk, albeit with softer scales but more sensitive sense.

Notes:
    Rivath Merchants: Rivathians, in general, a dimmer than your average person. This is a fact. This extends to their merchants.
    However, unlike a human merchant who is just a little bit whilier, a Lizardfolk Merchant is more than able to rip someone limb from limb, and has much better guards. As such, their trades tend to be a fair bit more conservative, both due to their knowledge about their skills, and their compatriots desire to not be targeted by a raid later...

Regent:
    'Supplicant Queen' [Viletooth Lizardfolk Dragonfire Adept]

[Adventurer 1]: 'Heiress'. Lizardfolk Bard. It's better mechanically to pass off Lizardfolk as Reptilian Humans. If the Human subtype can be freely added, I'd like that.

[Adventurer 2]: General X. Preferably a Blackscale Lizardfolk Fighter. Maybe Lizardfolk.

Spoiler: Stuff I'm storing here that's mechanical. Please don't look if your not a DM.
    Show

Crown Vassal.
    The Regentís action ďHire AdventurerĒ action costs 10% less for the whole game. Can get up to 3 Imperial Fortifications.

Planned Expenditure:
    Capital, 2 Settled, 10 explored, 4 cohorts, 1 fortification, 2 'Adventurers', Menagerie, Wizard Tower, 10200 for other things. Anything kept for first turn is halved.

Preferred Territory:
    There looks to be a sort of inlet to the west with an Island in it, no code, I'll work on it later. The surrounding land appears to be all wetlands moving into forest, but the colour gradient isn't the best. Correct me if it's not wetlands.

Spoiler: Lore
    Show

Spoiler: Knowledge Politics: Extracts from 'Kingdom of Rivath Political Structure' and 'Notes on the Mighty in Rivath'
    Show

The Kingdom of Rivath functions like almost all other Feudal Kingdoms, with the King or Queen talking to down to Nobles, who talk to their Thanes, both of which call upon their Serfs and give offers to their Freemen. After the centralization efforts of Farador, they now have a single 'Supplicant King' who is their Reagent, and is considered the voice between Farador and Rivath. Unfortunately, there's been a fair bit of splintering recently.

Thanes in particular are of note, because they're of a status similar to Knight or Baronet, each of particular note and often left to freely travel while given a small stipend. However all are expected to come to their noble should they call. They are of similar status to Knight, but the title is given out purely at a Noble's discretion, and isn't used to maintain cavalry, since such is done by noblemen themselves. Instead such titles go to powerful or useful beings, almost always Lizardfolk, who are willing to swear Fealty.

Spoiler: Knowledge Nobility: Extracts from 'The History of the X Family'
    Show

To be basically rewritten.

Spoiler: Knowledge Religions: Excerpts from 'Gods of Rivath. Heretics of the Scale.'
    Show

The Lizardfolk of Rivath recognize 2 'Gods', and many divinities.
    The first is Semuanya, the Goddess of Survival. That is her only mandate, survive. Warriors pray for it in battle. Merchants pray their business survives. Priests call for assistance with the survival of their community while farmers call for the survival of their crops. These are the prayers she answers. She is neutral, she cares only for her people and her husband. The second,
    Kecuala, the God of Thought. A more Cerebral God, and like Semuanya, one of the last. It is believed where Semuanya retreated to the heavens instead of continueing to play on earth Kecuala thought for ways to grow and live on the material. All Rivathian Lizardfolk [Everyone's racists. It the middle ages.] all hold shards of Kecuala. He is invoked for magic, he is invoked for greatness, and the powerful are said to bear powerful fragments of Kecuala.

All other gods, be they heathen or ours, are named as Divinities, either powerful dragon gods of spirits who are not of them. One might claim this makes Gods and Divinities interchangeable terms, but the truth is it's an insult, even as they claim to be able to make pacts with them.-

Spoiler: Knowledge Magic: Rivathian Magic
    Show

Rivath Magic: The basis for Rivathian magical theory is found in early Dragon Oaths, where supplication and small fragments of power granted to Dragons constantly for when they might need it were traded for knowledge and the ability to use lessened magic to catalyse greater spells, like the Dragon's did so their great works were less. Expensive. Due to this, almost all Rivath magic is taught at the hands of various spirits, with Warmages calling supplication to the spirits of battle in exchange for potent fireballs. This however has lead to an increase in Warlocks, who's power is much more constant, but also much more reliant on individual spirits and rather inflexible.

And one last 'request' before bed. Blackscale Lizardfolk are CR 3, 4hd, 3LA. Suggesting that for a Level 7 character, they're rather weak. Any chance monsters can be recruited and advanced based off of CR instead of level? Or something else can be done to make them 'Hire Adventurer' feasible.
    One I can think of is looking at Size Increase, going from Medium to Large is only worth 1 CR, and a Large Lizardfolk has everything a Blackscale has but acid resistance (Which I'm happy to ignore) and I think better mental stats. Suggesting LA 2 is more feasible, particularly if RHD can be replaced.
    If advanced per monster, Fighter would count as directly associated... Which might be on the too powerful end thinking on it.

Edit: And then a check, have Lizardfolk been assigned a production set yet? If not, I'd like to suggest:
    Income
    Aquatic 4
    Desert 1
    Forest 4
    Hills 3
    Marsh 6
    Mountain 3
    Plains 2
    Underground 1

Reasoning, due to holding breath/balance Lizardfolk are good in marshes. This experience extends to Aquatic regions and their experience with densely wooded marshes helps them with forests. They're ok in the drier plains, but they're better in hills and mountains, their balance helping them in the highlands and the rough terrain reminding them of a drier version of home, once they've found the streams.
    Lizardfolk dislike deserts. Except the ones that do like it, who Swamp Lizardfolk think are crazy. Underground is just. No. Unless it's got a large aquifer to basically live in as Underground Aquatic. They're marginally better than humans due to darkvision, but it's not enough of one to matter given how dry and dusty it tends to be.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2019-11-02 at 06:37 AM.
    Status Update:

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

so I went through found who I could that had listed stuff, if you are not here just add to the table your information

Person Kingdom Name Primary Race Complete Y, N, Unkn
    BananaPhone The Iron Khanate Centaur Unkn
    Don nadie Most Serene Republic of Ihs Grey elves Unkn
    GameOfChampions Kyral Tribal Union Wood Elves Unkn
    Raunchel The Grand Principality of Lyr Elf Unkn
    5ColouredWalker The Kingdom of Rivath Lizardfolk Unkn
    Samduke Arla E'than Wood Elves Unkn
    TBD TBD TBD Unkn
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-01 at 10:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

So, after some consideration, I think I am going to scrap my current concept. Bardic gnome chessmasters does seem kind of cool, but the more I continue to write the fluff, the less Iím interested in actually playing the faction.

Expect something... bloodier. I will likely take some jungle hexes for my starting territory for this particular faction. I wonít be too picky.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2019-11-01 at 11:07 AM.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

15. - Top - End - #225

Never knew we had so many elves.

This continent and its connected islands certainly has a real fey feel to it. Almost makes me tempted to make a humanish kingdom for something different.

Then again, I am playing 4-legged Prussian/Roman/Mongolian hybrid, so already there I guess.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2019-11-01 at 11:46 AM.
    My Homebrew:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Well... I'm nearly finished the background for my faction. I am definitely doing something a little different this time.

Spoiler: The MakŠan Ascendancy
    Show

In a mystical, antediluvian age, an ancient human society called the Nojoch ruled the earth's circumference. Gifted in strange sorceries and transmundane sciences, these Nojoch were paragons of learning. A society of opulence and heedless discovery, they blended magic and science with no caution to keep out what lay beyond. They built monumental cities in the clouds, far beneath the waves, even spanning into strange realms. They sought to learn everything they could about the multiverse. In their great visionary quest, they shackled angels and demons, harnessed the powers of the elements, and grew to become a grand civilization.

They did not realize until it was too late that their progress would come at a cost. That cost was the attention of the Outer Ones, primordial entities that lived beyond the physical laws of the universe. To try and comprehend their essence, even to one initiated in the higher arts of understanding, was to break oneís mind so thoroughly that there was no coming back.

The first Outer One that the Nojoch Empire came into contact with was Xhaavital Ė the name as transcribed in ancient elven ruin, itself recovered from a site believed to be tied to the Medean Orders that followed the Nojocite Epoch Ė a being with domain over the deepest regions of space. Awareness of its very existence warped and changed the Nojoch, slowly eradicating their minds and transforming them into gibbering monsters. No scholar has been able to definitively put together why Xhaavital does what it does, but everyone knows this; the Stagnant Serpent exists to corrupt the living, incapable as it is of creating life of its own. In this arena, the Outer One is without peer.

What most do not realize is that the legacy of the Nojoch lives on. Deep in the heart of Faraldor's western jungles, there remain a people that even Magnus never fully conquered. There, among the shadows and roots of the jauari trees that have whispered of centuries, keep the MakŠan; the Children of the Serpent. Few who venture into those wilds have ever returned, and the even fewer surviving accounts would harrow even the staunchest of scholars. They speak of blood spilled at the feet of black stone altars, of dead gods made anew in gardens of flesh, and of whispers of an impossible entity whose hunger is characterized only by its endlessness.

We must count ourselves lucky that the MakŠan have never emerged from their jungle lairs, for surely the continent would quake in their arrival.

- From The Secret Histories of Titus Polonius, Volume XVII
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2019-11-04 at 01:38 PM.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

17. - Top - End - #227

A recent PM had reminded me of trade deals. In a trade deal we get 10% of each other's RP production each season, so are very valuable.

So if anyone wants to earn basically free money via trade with the Iron Khanate, give a hola.
    My Homebrew:

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    A recent PM had reminded me of trade deals. In a trade deal we get 10% of each other's RP production each season, so are very valuable.

So if anyone wants to earn basically free money via trade with the Iron Khanate, give a hola.
    the book lists trade agreement under trade fair at 15%

19. - Top - End - #229

NecromancerGuy

Actually thereís a separate trade action. The trade fair is an improvement you can buy. Itís odd but yea there two different things

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

If the Khanate is where I think it is, and I get ahold of the land I'm wanting, you've gots a dealio.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflick View Post
    Actually thereís a separate trade action. The trade fair is an improvement you can buy. Itís odd but yea there two different things
    oh okay do you know what page that is on?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

oh okay do you know what page that is on?
    It's under either realm or regent actions.

23. - Top - End - #233

the book lists trade agreement under trade fair at 15%
    Coolio, I'm happy to be wrong.

15% it is.
    My Homebrew:

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Coolio, I'm happy to be wrong.

15% it is.
    Although, depending on DM, there is alt rules for trade based on nation types.

25. - Top - End - #235

Btw, did we work out the price for a port?

The book says (500 rp x population centre resource modifier) squared. So for a small town that costs 1,000,000 RPs.

Was there a less insane pricing we were going for?
    My Homebrew:

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Btw, did we work out the price for a port?

The book says (500 rp x population centre resource modifier) squared. So for a small town that costs 1,000,000 RPs.

Was there a less insane pricing we were going for?
    I'm pretty sure the population modifier is squared not the 500*pop mod number. So I think it should be 2k for a small town?
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

ďWhy would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?Ē - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Summery of the Total War Hanrui game I ran.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to Ceika for my awesome Avatar!

27. - Top - End - #237

That would be a better example, but the books explanation is:

(500 RPs x population centre resource multiplier) squared.
    My Homebrew:

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

The book is also filled with tons of editing and grammatical errors. But thanks for pointing this one out. I hope to eventually run my own game of this, and knowing where the issues and dysfunctions are will help.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

I think the correct math for Port should have been cost = 500 *(PCRPM squared)
    Population Centre Resource Production Modifiers for those that need it
    Thorpe 0.25
    Hamlet 0.5
    Village 1
    Small Town 2
    Large Town 2.5
    Small City 3
    Large City 4
    Metropolis 5

30. - Top - End - #240

I'm fine with that interpretation, and can continue with it until our Glorious Leader says otherwise.
    My Homebrew: