New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Home-brewed an additional trait for dragon sorcerers and need to know if its balanced

My player wants to play a dragon ancestry sorcerer and seeing how they are kind of boring and lackluster i made something additional for him
    I don't know if its balanced or not so I would appreciate your opinions on it.

DRAGON COMPANION
    At 1st level you gain a dragon companion. Your bond with the dragon must be made when the dragon is no older than a wyrmling stage, and takes a ritual which lasts for 24 hours. During that time you must remain concentrated on the ritual and breaking that concentration ruins the ritual and you must start a new one instead.
    Your dragon companion is of the same kind as your draconic bloodline pick, and you gain the following benefits:
    • You can cast spells from the position of your dragon companion, expending spell slots as usual.

Your dragon has the statistics of a wyrmling dragon of its kind, with adjustments as mentioned below:
    • The dragon HP is equal to yours and whenever it gets hit by an attack or a spell your HP is reduced by half of that damage. If a spell targets both you and the dragon,
    such as Fireball, you only take damage as if you were hit by it once, taking no additional damage.
    • You can command your dragon to take an action using your own action, such as Attack, Help, Disengage, Dodge, or Dash.
    • You can use an action to command your dragon to use its breath weapon an amount of times equal to your proficiency bonus.
    • You can command your dragon to move up to 30ft on your turn as a free action.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Home-brewed an additional trait for dragon sorcerers and need to know if its bala

It should probably be in the Homebrew forum.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.