New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Zomboat!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Zomboat!

I'm watching Zomboat! on Hulu with my brother and I'm going to tell you about my thoughts on the show.
    Spoiler: My Thoughts On Zomboat!
    Show
    Zomboat! is about 4 people who lives in England who trying to survive a zombie apocalypse and they travel with a very slow boat. I only watch 4 episode on the show and the show have some potential but decent nonetheless. I'll give Zomboat! 3 out of 5 stars for an average TV show.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Zomboat!

I'm afraid my first thought was that this sounds a lot like a very bad adaption of John Wyndham's The Kraken Wakes. It's probably unrelated, but there's similarities in that they both have a lot to do with boats, are (mostly) in England and there's an apocalypse in there at some point.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2019-11-07 at 10:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    I'm afraid my first thought was that this sounds a lot like a very bad adaption of John Wyndham's The Kraken Wakes. It's probably unrelated, but there's similarities in that they both have a lot to do with boats, are (mostly) in England and there's an apocalypse in there at some point.
    I've never of The Kraken Wakes but if it's based on that well Zomboat! rip off out of that.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I've never of The Kraken Wakes but if it's based on that well Zomboat! rip off out of that.
    I've been meaning to ask - why do you write as if you're on Twitter? Aside from your opening post, which hits 380-odd characters, as far as I can tell, nothing you write seems to be anything but short form.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I've been meaning to ask - why do you write as if you're on Twitter? Aside from your opening post, which hits 380-odd characters, as far as I can tell, nothing you write seems to be anything but short form.
    I don't know what you mean by that? I think I like to talk short I guess.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I don't know what you mean by that? I think I like to talk short I guess.
    Well, let's take your thoughts on the show - the first sentence is just a statement of fact, giving a synopsis of the premise.

Your second line and third line states your thoughts and opinions in 5 words each; 'have some potential but decent' and '3 out of 5 stars' respectively.

You haven't stated anything you like or dislike about the show, what you think about the characters, your thoughts on their interactions with each other or their situation. It's just short form twitter posts in a long form forum.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-11-08 at 02:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well, let's take your thoughts on the show - the first sentence is just a statement of fact, giving a synopsis of the premise.

Your second line and third line states your thoughts and opinions in 5 words each; 'have some potential but decent' and '3 out of 5 stars' respectively.

You haven't stated anything you like or dislike about the show, what you think about the characters, your thoughts on their interactions with each other or their situation. It's just short form twitter posts in a long form forum.
    Well I'm sorry if my post are short I only see 5 episode of the TV Show.