New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Any elf transported to modern times book or movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Oh man! That brings me back to my childhood. I've been remembering scenes and quotes here and there, but the name of the movie always eluded me. Thank you for the reminder!
    You can thank me by boycotting the MCU for the rest of your life and getting others to do the same.

Worth a shot.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Its not elves but Terry Brooks Magic Kingdom For Sale series deals with it in both directions. While primarily a guy from our world going to fantasy land, the fantasy characters come to our world at least once or twice iirc.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Cop Craft was decent, despite the loli look of the elf. There are a couple of manga that do something like this. Names escape me at the moment.

One is a bunch of soon-to-be plus-sized fantasy girls, including an elf, that 'need' to slim down; cue diet and workouts.

There's another, in the I Can't Belive It's Not Hentai genre, where the worlds greatest perverted elf lover is for some reason sought by actual hot elves from a fantasy world to do something - impregnate them or something.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    Cop Craft was decent, despite the loli look of the elf. There are a couple of manga that do something like this. Names escape me at the moment.

One is a bunch of soon-to-be plus-sized fantasy girls, including an elf, that 'need' to slim down; cue diet and workouts.

There's another, in the I Can't Belive It's Not Hentai genre, where the worlds greatest perverted elf lover is for some reason sought by actual hot elves from a fantasy world to do something - impregnate them or something.
    The first manga is called Plus-Sized Elf. I don't know the second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

From a skewed viewpoint, the Christmas movie, Elf, is this.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

I just want to point out that a completely random D&D elf teleported to New York or London would probably just be a baker or a farmer or something equally mundane, rather than a badass adventurer or wizard. So, probably not well cut out for the ordeal.
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    I just want to point out that a completely random D&D elf teleported to New York or London would probably just be a baker or a farmer or something equally mundane, rather than a badass adventurer or wizard. So, probably not well cut out for the ordeal.
    I don't know, being condescendingly overzealous about ecological issues seems part and parcel of modern life. I imagine our hypothetical elvish baker would fit right in in certain parts of New York or London. They would probably open a bakery with bad service but great rolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    Maybe I have a different view of them. Heck, everyone has their own. When I rolled up my 1st 5e character, it seemed to be a choice between High Elves who all got a free Cantrip (minor spell) or Wood Elves who could just disappear into leaves or mist and were extra agile.

For this new "elf in San Fran" story I apparently need to write after watching all the ideas people have been kind enough to post on here, I think I'll go with a low level Wood Elf Bard. We'll combine The Greatest American Hero and Charmed, no Captain Marvel (which I actually liked but after she got her stuff together can anything challenge her?) for fear of creating a Superman who could not be challenged, I generally don't like Superman shows.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It they moved to Portland you would be hard pressed to even notice. We have so many people who dress in costumes around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

There was that movie with Will Smith that had a Shadowrun feel. It had orcs and elfs and other races were depicted or suggested.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Relonious View Post
    There was that movie with Will Smith that had a Shadowrun feel. It had orcs and elfs and other races were depicted or suggested.
    Bright. I'd love to watch it if I could get it without the swearing. They should have used 2E Shadowrun slang...

“Revenge of the Sugar Plum Fairies” is a short story in the After the King anthology about a bunch of sugarplum faries upset about their portrayal in The Nutcracker and Fantasia. They manage to adapt pretty well once they manage to get unstuck from the basement floor.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Bright. I'd love to watch it if I could get it without the swearing. They should have used 2E Shadowrun slang...

“Revenge of the Sugar Plum Fairies” is a short story in the After the King anthology about a bunch of sugarplum faries upset about their portrayal in The Nutcracker and Fantasia. They manage to adapt pretty well once they manage to get unstuck from the basement floor.
    Yes, I LOVED Bright but the simple repetitive cussing is nauseating when I rewatch it. I can't think of another movie which is in general so good but looses soo many points for F bombs.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Bright isn't a reverse isekai, IIRC. Elves are native to BEarth so it doesn't count for this thread.

Personally, I thought it was a badly designed, poorly written disappointment.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVIIIMarc View Post
    Yes, I LOVED Bright but the simple repetitive cussing is nauseating when I rewatch it. I can't think of another movie which is in general so good but looses soo many points for F bombs.
    I'll have to see if VidAngel lets me watch Bright.

(Note: I am entirely unaffiliated with VidAngel. Don't even have an account with them. I just love that commercial!)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season