New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Paladins [5e] - Game Thread

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Yeah something's broken on the forum right now, "code" block is supposed to cancel execution of macros like "roll" ... I thought.
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    LISTENING to a VANISHED GOD
    Mythistorical bundle

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I don’t know how you feel about this but I could roll on my own or you could roll for me. I’d trust the dm to do their duty. I’m not too concerned with cheating on your end.

3. - Top - End - #33

The vagrant is fast ... for an old guy. But Félix rapidly closes the distance at a run. At the foot of a small tower in the basilica wall, he grabs the vagrant's tattered sleeve. The old cloth rips away as the old man stumbles, pivots, and crouches. He's presenting a long dagger with a wavy blade.
    initiative - (d20+2)[18]
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    Mythistorical bundle

4. - Top - End - #34

Felix

Drawing from my robes a dagger of my own I try one time to persuade against violence, telling the old man to drop the weapon.

”Tíralo!”

Spoiler
    Show
    telling him to drop it

Spoiler: OoC actions
    Show

I’ll ready the dodge action and prepare for combat.
    Will I be making my own attack rolls?
    Last edited by Zilant; 2019-11-01 at 09:59 PM. Reason: My Spanish is bad

5. - Top - End - #35

Show
    Please try to make your own rolls... If the script doesn't work for you then I can make your rolls instead.
    As Félix speaks, the vagrant snarls and lunges. attack with finesse v AC 14 - (d20+4)[24] damage with finesse - (d4+2)[5]
    Mythistorical bundle

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Edgar Edgar heads into the religious building, looking for a scholar who can help him piece together information about the demon.

7. - Top - End - #37

Felix

Argh! Desgraciado!

With every intention to harm, but no intention to kill, I thrust my dagger.

Spoiler: Attack roll
    Show
    [roll0]

8. - Top - End - #38

Show
    sorry for long silence ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zilant View Post
    Felix

Argh! Desgraciado!

With every intention to harm, but no intention to kill, I thrust my dagger.

Spoiler: Attack roll
    Show
    Félix attack roll v AC 12 - (d20+5)[19]
    Félix attack roll v AC 12 - (d20+5)[19] and damage - (d4+3)[5] trying to avoid fatality ...

vagrant crit damage - (d4)[2]

The vagrant wounds Félix for 7 points, and suffers 5 points himself. He drops his dagger, clutching the forearm that Félix sliced open. Then he turns to flee again ...
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2019-11-07 at 11:47 AM.
    Mythistorical bundle

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Edgar Edgar heads into the religious building, looking for a scholar who can help him piece together information about the demon.
    Spoiler: repost
    Show
    just reposted, not sure you saw it. Still love this game

10. - Top - End - #40

Show
    sorry gryffydd, I did miss your post ... please allow me to remedy my fault.

It was a long brisk walk from the riverfront around the walled compound of the basilica to the front entrance on the square across from the ancient square tower that had once been, and again was, the palace of a minor king. Here the king was called "El Mayor," but in fact he had the powers of a typical king - the enactment of laws, the command of a constabulary who enforced those laws, the collection of taxes, and the employment of public servants with those taxes. Like all the kings of Hispania, however, El Mayor de Zaragoza had no power over life or death. That was reserved, by ancient custom, to the paladins.

Reflecting on his honor and his obligations, Edgar passed through the square under the tower and entered by the main door of the basilica. He sought the Bishop-Imam, whose learning so far exceeded his own as did the brightness of the mid-morning sun exceed that of full moon.

When Edgar entered the vast main gallery of the basilica, the Bishop-Imam was conducting prayers before an assembled throng - a fuller house than usual, perhaps because the morning's horrific news had quickly spread. There were hundreds of people in the chamber, crowded toward the front, bowing and chanting in response to the Bishop-Imam's orisons.

It would be polite to wait until the conclusion of the service before approaching the B-I, whom he did not know very well - in fact he had only been introduced to her once, shortly after he had entered the city and presented himself to the king.

As Edgar stood patiently in the back of the chamber, making the proper responses with full enthusiasm, a fragment of his mind kept flitting to the shadows at the left side of the hall, halfway up the wall at a balcony. Was someone standing there - or crouching, ready to leap?
    Mythistorical bundle

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Edgar Edgar looked up at the balcony trying to see any movement. He was unsure of what to do but decided to find the stairs that led to the second floor and the balcony.

12. - Top - End - #42

The stairs were tucked away in a back corner behind a pair of tall columns that seemed to the casual observer to be part of the outer wall of the building. They were dim and narrow and steep. Edgar followed them up to a narrow passage that ran along the wall about twenty feet above ground. The passage was open at his right side at about shoulder height, so that he could look down over a high railing into the main part of the church. He continued along the passage until it opened onto a balcony, he thought that was the one where he had seen the shadowy figure crouched. The balcony was empty. The passage continued along inside the wall toward the front of the church.
    Mythistorical bundle

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Edgar Edgar continues to the front of the church, ready to pull his sword out.

14. - Top - End - #44

The passage ran another hundred feet in shadows then opened out onto a balcony that overlooked the altar at which the Bishop-Imam stood conducting the service. At the railing of the balcony, a twisted creature fanned its broken wings. Its clawed feet and hands clutched the railing and it seemed prepared to launch itself down into the crowd of worshippers. Blood dripped continually from deep gashes and shallow scratches on its back and legs. It whimpered constantly. Edgar recognized this creature - a demon of torment. It seemed unaware of him.
    Mythistorical bundle

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14]
    (1d8+2)[6]
    Edgar pulls out his sword and swings at the demon.

16. - Top - End - #46

As Edgar's sword rasps forth from its scabbard, the demon's head swivels unnervingly around to face backward like an owl's. Its three red eyes focus on the swinging blade and it launches itself from the railing, flapping its wings one time as it plunges with a shriek down toward the suddenly silent crowd of worshippers. Edgar's sword whisks harmlessly through the air where the creature was perched just an instant before.
    Mythistorical bundle

17. - Top - End - #47

Felix

I break into a sprint right after him, trying to tackle him to the ground before he gets away again.

Show
    I apologize for the lapse in play. I’m only on mobile and busted my phone.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Edgar Edgar looks over the railing deciding to jump.
    Spoiler: jump
    Show
    if I jump how bad will it be.

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Zilant View Post
    Felix

I break into a sprint right after him, trying to tackle him to the ground before he gets away again.

Show
    I apologize for the lapse in play. I’m only on mobile and busted my phone.
    It's easy to catch the wounded old man and bring him to the ground. He struggles fiercely but ineffectively. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Edgar Edgar looks over the railing deciding to jump.
    Spoiler: jump
    Show
    if I jump how bad will it be.
    Edgar realizes that a jump from twenty or twenty five feet up, without wings, will result in a lot of pain and breakage. Possibly fatal.

In the crowd, the demon is dealing out torment. The worshippers are scattering toward the back of the basilica where the exits are. The Bishop-Imam stands frozen in disbelief.
    Mythistorical bundle

20. - Top - End - #50

Felix

Feeling more than fed up with the struggle I decide to march the old man to be interrogated with the help of Edgar.
    ”You have been dishonest with us about this Evil. Let us see how a Sword of Heaven might judge this! On your feet!”
    With my spear shepherding the old man we make out way to the church Lord Edgar sought to seek out information.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon leave these innocents alone. Fight a true believer. Edgar yells down at the demon as he grabs a javelin from his pack and throws it at the demon.
    Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+4)[21]
    (1d6+2)[4] (1d6)[1] attack, damage,if crit

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler: Félix
    Show
    As the old man achingly climbed to his feet he muttered something under his breath and dramatically thrust his wounded hand toward Félix. Make a Will save, DC 13.

Spoiler: Edgar
    Show
    The javelin pierced the demon's thigh, slowing its maelstrom of claws-and-teeth in the rapidly scattering crowd. The Bishop-Imam cried out from the altar: "In the name of the Light I compel thee: Depart!" The demon spun its head around, then turned its whole body to face the altar. Reaching down, it wrenched the javelin from its thigh and hurled it toward the Bishop-Imam ... attack - (d20+2)[12] dmg - (d4)[2]
    Mythistorical bundle

23. - Top - End - #53

Show
    It's been more than a week, PM me if you're still interested in playing. Otherwise I'm dropping this thread.
    Mythistorical bundle

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Still interested, sorry life got in the way.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Edgar Edgar runs back down the hall and down the stairs and into the floor of the church. Fight me demon, my blood will taste sweet on your lips, leave the Bishop Iman alone.

26. - Top - End - #56

Show
    I'm sorry, I'm just not really into this ...
    Mythistorical bundle

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sorry to hear this news, you had one of the most original games out there. You are a great storyteller. I am sorry if I was too slow to respond to your posts.

28. - Top - End - #58

No, it's really not you. It's just that I had forgotten how much I prefer other systems to DnD. I realized that I was dreading the chore of figuring out the demon's combat stats and the effects of the blackguard's Fear spell ...
    Mythistorical bundle

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Well this could help, https://www.5thsrd.org/gamemaster_ru...onsters_by_cr/

I actually like that this game doesn't have a true dnd feel. If you run another game system in this world, I would be happy to try and learn it.

30. - Top - End - #60

I'm not sure what you mean by a true dnd feel, but most of my games are like this one.

I'm running one other that seems to be going ok (it's set in the Giant's gaming world), and I'm thinking of starting one in Mythic Egypt. Should I PM you when that one starts?
    Mythistorical bundle