New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Home 25: Still making mortgage payments

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many kilometers apart from one another, or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM the creator of this thread and they will post the location in the OP.

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post: It's important that there is a clear way to differentiate the locations in a meta-thread. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it: A residence cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in, burn it down, knock on the door, etc., but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. Players are permitted to make additional OoC rules, if they want, that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice: If there are any disagreements between players please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Home 24: A house in this market?
    Home 23
    Home 22: Our neighborhood watch is extra vigilant
    Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted
    Home 20: Refurbished
    Home 19: Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor
    Home 18: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
    Home 17: Where you know all your friends and all your enemies
    Home 16: Home is Where the Phylactery is
    Home 15: A Fixer-Upper
    Home 14: Oddly Squishy
    Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here
    Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged
    Home 11
    Home 10
    Home 9
    Home 8
    Home 7
    Home 6: Jiggity Jig
    Home 5: Somewhere to take your family
    Home 4: Plenty of Space
    Home 3: Third Time's the Charm
    Home 2: Home is where the cabinet is
    Home 1

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. He will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact him for updates to the OP.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2019-10-22 at 09:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Home 25: Still making mortgage payments

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Fettina's Place

The woman nods, pressing affectionately against her chrome-skinned companion. Yet another reason to look forward to it. It'll be quite a memorable means of introduction, she types with humor. Cantata isn't entirely sure it will be the wisest way to make a first impression - but all the same, she seems genuinely eager to meet the members of Fettina's social circle.
    [Fettina's Place]

"Oh, you'll love them. There's my girl Dena, my man Kirk, my... buddies Fayyaad and Lydia and Reinholdt, there's Nora from next door..." Fettina squeezes Cantie. "You'll like them. They're our type of people. Promise." She winks.

"Maybe we should 'honeymoon' to where I'm from. It's a little like Inside, I guess..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fettina's Place

Cantata listens to Fettina with a contented sort of interest, her gloved hand falling to lazily caress the angel's thigh. There's a flash of recognition as Fayyaad's name is mentioned, and the tranquil curve of her lips turns a little slier.

I actually crossed paths with one of your friends recently! I won't go into the details, but one of the jobs I worked on earlier resulted in us enjoying each other's company for a while. He was very pleasant company, and had some adorable tales to tell about you, she adds with a fond glance, returning her hand to where it previously rested with a gentle squeeze.

At the mention of Tina's home, the woman raises an eyebrow, prompting her to go on with an inquisitive look.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Spako’s Tower]

The door in the Wizards’ foyer opens, revealing a familiar shiny kobold. Seems he was feeling small today. And not particularly modest.
    ”Good morning, Sylvie. Come in.” he says with a wide yawn.
    ”Have you had breakfast? I don’t really have much...”
    [Spako's Tower]

"Oh, h-hi little Spako!" Sylvess gives a big goofy grin and lowers himself down, offering Spako a leg-up onto his back. "Yes, I, uh, I ate a cow a couple of days ago. I-I'm still good."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako's Tower]

Spako tilts his head up at Sylvess but climbs up.
    "Um, we're not going out, are we? Because you're free to come in, if you want." he says into Sylvess' ear. He doesn't really need to be carried the ten feet back into his tower.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #6

[Spako's Tower]

"W-well I don't mind going somewhere if you want to go somewhere. But, um, no. I just felt like giving you a ride." Sylvess chuckles and walks into the tower, his tail flicking with remarkable dexterity behind him to give the door a push.

A rather weak push, unfortunately, that ruins the effect by definitely not being strong enough to actually close the door.

"Y-you don't mind, do you?" He asks, completely unaware of his tail-failure.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako's Tower]

Spako cranes his neck back at the lack of a click, and waves a finger in the shape of a rune, pulling the door closed with a brief glow. If Sylvess isn't facing Spako at the time he likely won't even notice.
    "No, I don't mind. Always like seeing you in action. Whatsit that you brought for me?" Spako asks, patting Sylvess' scaly back.

8. - Top - End - #8

NinjaGuy

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra teleports into the area surrounding Cass's tower on a gloomy, overcast day, carrying a box under one arm. She looks around for a moment after materializing, before heading up the steps to knock on Cass' door. She's hoping to surprise the sorceress with a gift, and though she looks incredibly tired, she also looks a bit nervous. She's hoping Cass will find what's in the box pleasing, or at least, as interesting as she does...
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra teleports into the area surrounding Cass's tower on a gloomy, overcast day, carrying a box under one arm. She looks around for a moment after materializing, before heading up the steps to knock on Cass' door. She's hoping to surprise the sorceress with a gift, and though she looks incredibly tired, she also looks a bit nervous. She's hoping Cass will find what's in the box pleasing, or at least, as interesting as she does...
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

As Electra knocks on Cass' door, it swings open, apparently of its own accord, letting Electra in to the main room. It's apparently empty, save for the lizard cage, and a cream colored cat with dark fur on its paws, tail, and face, snoozing on an arm of the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir is silent for a few moments. This... isn't easy.

"Last time, before we... had sex, we agreed to take things slowly and see where it leads us. And, well, here we are. I admit that being here, talking to you... it feels natural, more so than it should be with someone I've only met recently. But I don't know if there's a connection here of if I'm imagining one. Does it feel the same to you?"
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Cass rocks back and forth a bit, thinking.
    "You feel like... a good dream," she says, hesitantly. "Kr's memories of you... not all of them are with me, and most of them aren't clear anymore. A lot of them have faded away since I... first woke up. Most of them, maybe. But the ones I can still make out... I just feel safe with you."

She blushes, embarrassed, seemingly aware of the cheesiness of what she just said.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-10-29 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #10

[Spako's Tower]

The compliment from Spako puts a little more spring in his step, a little more sway in his strides, and some extra strut in his saunter.

It's so exaggerated, it probably looks a little silly.

Okay, a lot silly.

"Oh, yes, the thing! I-it's a shiny thing! I, um, I saved a princess from a knight the other day a-and she rewarded me with a shiny thing for my good deed a-and I want you to have it!"

Sylvess, you completely failed to explain what the thing is. Also you did what?

11. - Top - End - #11

NinjaGuy

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra lowers her hand and steps inside, looking around.

"Cass? It's Electra," she calls out. She wants to surprise the sorceress with her gift, not her presence, after all. She eyes the cat for a moment. That's new. When did Cass get a cat? Not that she minds, she likes cats, after all. She moves to get a closer look at it without disturbing it while she waits for a response from Cass.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir feels this odd, bittersweet mixture of grief, nostalgia and warmth that only happy memories of someone who's gone can bring. Kr might be dead or she might really live on in Cass... he's still not sure. But wherever she is now, the memories of him that she had were happy. A tangled ball of doubt that he's carried for a while seems to dissolve.

"I'm glad to hear it. I really am," he says quietly. "I want you to trust me and feel safe around me now, not just because of those memories. But knowing that they're there... makes me feel more hopeful." He reaches out to Cass, to pull her close if she wants to. "Maybe there can be more happy memories in the future."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako's Tower]

"Sylvess!" Spako declares, leaning forward until their foreheads touch so he can make eye contact.
    "I didn't know you were getting into heroics. Saving princesses now?" he asks, his voice brimming with pride.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

There's a sound of some movement coming from up above.

The cat lazily opens one eye, staring at Electra as she approaches, then rouses, stretching luxuriously as it gives Electra an inquisitive look.

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Cass pulls herself up on Wenomir's arm, settling across his lap, with her legs swung over the arm of the chair, resting her head on his shoulder. She hums in contentment, resting her own hands on her lap.

After a moment, she'll throw her right arm around Wenomir's shoulder instead, tilting her face up towards his.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-10-30 at 06:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir leans down to kiss Cass gently, holding on to her. He's happy to just stay like this for a while. Cass could use it too, he can tell.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra offers the cat her free hand slowly, to let it get used to her scent, while she waits for Cass to appear.

"And who are you, little one?" she asks quietly, not expecting any sort of response.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Cass definitely does need it, and she's definitely on board to have warm, snuggly kisses with Wenomir for, oh, I don't know, maybe the next five days or something.

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

The cat pushes itself under Electra's hand with un-catlike forwardness, encouraging Electra to give pets immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir is happy to provide Cass with warmth and snuggles, but sadly, he does need to go back to serious matters eventually. After a long (but still too short) time, he says, running his fingers through Cass' hair:

"How are you dealing with the... memories? Not just those of me, but all of them."

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra chuckles and obliges, giving a couple of pets, before scritching behind the kitty's ears and all down its back.

"You're definitely a friendly sort, aren't you?" she says, keeping an ear out for the sorceress as she continues giving the cat attention. Strange that Cass hasn't shown up yet, but it won't do to neglect such a friendly kitty, either.

20. - Top - End - #20

[Spako's Tower]

"Yes, well, uh, no, I-I-I mean n-not exactly?" Sylvess non-explains, scratching his chin with a claw. "I couldn't exactly do anything, um, heroic now, c-could I? Th-that'd be dangerous and I don't want to die a-and he was a knight a-and clearly knew what he was doing w-with his sword a-and...um."

Wait, where was he?

Sylvess pauses just long enough for the silence to reach awkward level.

"S-so after talking to the princess I disguised myself as her servant and explained that she was, um, flattered but not i-interested." Sylvess awkwardly looks to one side. "A-and then I spent about an hour consoling him while h-he cried a-and explained that someday he'd meet the right princess a-and he just needed to take more time with it, um, be patient, get to know them first, a-all that sort of thing."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

”Oh. Yes. I suppose that would do it.” Says Spako quietly, in the exact way someone who’s gotten one of those speeches would say it. He slips off Sylvess’s back.
    ”So. Where was she princess of? What was the thing?” he asks, perking up again.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Fettina's Place

Cantata listens to Fettina with a contented sort of interest, her gloved hand falling to lazily caress the angel's thigh. There's a flash of recognition as Fayyaad's name is mentioned, and the tranquil curve of her lips turns a little slier.

I actually crossed paths with one of your friends recently! I won't go into the details, but one of the jobs I worked on earlier resulted in us enjoying each other's company for a while. He was very pleasant company, and had some adorable tales to tell about you, she adds with a fond glance, returning her hand to where it previously rested with a gentle squeeze.

At the mention of Tina's home, the woman raises an eyebrow, prompting her to go on with an inquisitive look.
    [Fettina's Place]

"Was he now..." Fettina smiles slyly back. "Well, at least you'll know someone else at the wedding."

"And oh, it's just home to me, but everyone I've ever taken there from here has been pretty impressed. It's a city called New Anchorage, on a planet called Earth..." Fettina considers. She gestures animatedly with her hands. "Robots carved the city's foundation from this giant glacier after the oceans froze. There's people coming and going from everywhere. I guess there's not much left on my Earth that's really very healthy for people to be around... so everybody tries to get away. But New Anchorage is safe, if you don't count the people..."

"The people are crazy, greedy, needy... they change themselves and their bodies just for fun, or because they want to. Not a lotta people die, so you've got people who are hundreds of years old..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #23

[Spako's Tower]

"Oh, she was the princess of, um-" Sylvess pauses, "I, uh, I forgot to ask.

Sylvess is good at this, isn't he?

"O-oh, right, but, um, the thing!" He reaches into his ever-present satchel and pulls out a life-size replica of a lesser bird of paradise, sculpted from some form of red-ish marble, with gold-plating used to represent its yellow plumage, thin strands of silvery metal for the tail-feathers, and a large shaped piece of emerald to represent the green plumage on its face and neck.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako’s eyes light up as he closely examines the statue.
    ”Aw Sylvess, it’s adorable. And so very shiny. How did she know that you like little birds?” he snickers, moving over to Sylvess’ face (which is currently the size of his torso) and stroking his nose with his stubby claws.

25. - Top - End - #25

[Spako's Tower]

"Oh, w-well, she had th-this garden a-and it was full of birds a-and some of them kind of looked like you when you're a-" Sylvess looks away rather bashfully and offers the shiny out to Spako. "But, um, yes when I remarked on my familiarity with, um, those sorts of birds, she i-insisted on rewarding me with that."

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

Welcome to the land of ice and snow...

Ithuriel drags Ambriel through the portal back to her personal retreat, basking in its permanent twilight and light snowfall. The ever-present log cabin awaits in the midst of the fir tree forest, a thin plume of smoke filtering out of its chimney.

Ithuriel has been, well, more than a little fidgety recently, insisting on bringing Ambriel here to discuss "Something important. Well, two things actually. Well, at least two things." All very clear and helpful and not at all mysterious.

Made perhaps a little less mysterious when, as they approach the cabin, she calls out. "Eliza! Zane! I'm back! How are you two doing?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

”Well, it’s real nice. So we’ll stick it here.” He says, placing it in an alcove under a window where it can properly sparkle.
    ”Now, what can we do now that you’re here, mmm?” Spako asks playfully, poking the end of Sylvess’ nose.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"We're back here!"
    Not from inside the cabin, today, but around the back of it.

Here a teenage girl and a rather young looking boy are seated against the building, staring up into the falling snow. The girl is dressed fairly warmly, but the boy appears to simply be wearing what looks like a worn school uniform, entirely unbothered by the cold.

It doesn't really seem like they're been doing anything particularly exciting back here (though there does look like an aborted, half-hearted attempt at a tiny snowman nearby).
    Just sitting and existing.

As is more frequent than not, the boy looks more troubled than anyone his age really should, but he puts some obvious effort into a decent smile for Ithuriel when she comes into view.
    The girl brushes some snow from his dark hair before standing and helping him up to do the same.
    "C'mon, there's another guest let's not be rude."
    Her smile is a bit more natural, if still not the brightest, and she gives an awkward sort of bow/curtsy in the general direction of their host and Ambriel.
    "Hello, miss Ithuriel and...?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ithuriel's Demiplane

"Ambriel," the winged cyborg nods, glancing back at the angel hesitantly. Did the...did the incident impact her so heavily that she decided to go out and adopt two kids on a whim? No, that...that doesn't add up. I mean, this is definitely at least tangentially related to that, but she's probably just babysitting for Intersection. These two kids probably lost their parents to one of the many awful criminals lurking in Inside's darker and slimier districts, and until Intersection can contact their aunts, uncles, or whatever extended family may be left in the Nexus, Ithuriel has generously volunteered to look after them. That makes sense, right? Still distraught over what happened, she's looking after some kids, experimenting with how she feels about becoming a mother some day, now that she knows that angels like her can actually have kids.

"I'm Ithuriel's friend," he clarifies, adjusting his turquoise tie and blinking with his turquoise eye, the only two islands of color in the sea of white that is Ambriel. From the unblemished white suit jacket to the immaculate alabaster of his prostheses, everything is as void of color as this very wintry wonderland Ithuriel has brought them to. He looks like someone took a normal Magtok, glued wings to his back, and just bleached all the color and confidence right out of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #29

[Fettina's Place]

Cantata listens raptly as Tina describes her home, a faint hint of wonder in her eyes. It wasn't just the wild image of a city carved within a glacier that conjured such a response for her; Earth was a long-abandoned world where she came from, scoured and heaping with ruins and trash. The thought of traveling to the planet that started it all held a curious and intriguing romanticism to it

A silent titter animates her frame as she leans against the angel, and she raises a hand to her ear before drawing the image of a house in the air between them; sounds like home.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

30. - Top - End - #30

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"Glad to see you're both doing okay. Do you guys need anything? I can pick up something later if we've run out of stuff." Not much risk of that. Ithuriel has massively overstocked with all manner of things to try and keep the kids happy.

She really doesn't know how to handle this. The last time she had to look after a child was, well, a long time ago. Back in the old vampire days.

"But yes, this is my friend, Ambriel. He's not exactly an angel, but sort of similar." Ithuriel smiles and gives Zane and Eliza a return-bow.

"I- it was something of a drastic measure at the time, I guess, but to rescue these two from the orphanage, I brought them here. And, well, I've been trying my best to look after them here while they've been recovering, and thinking of somewhere safe they can go." Hopefully that's enough of an explanation. It's been...awkward.

[Spako's Tower]

Sylvess is poked. He blinks, blushes, and stammers even more than usual. "I-I-I- um, well, that is certainly- I mean, w-we could- I-if that's what you're, um, you're implying, I-I mean." You'd think he'd be less bashful about it by now, wouldn't you?

Not really. Give him a few years on that one.

"I-I did want to, um, there was something- b-but that can wait i-if you wanted to, uh, um...can always talk l-later."