New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Index of IFCC Comics?

This forum seems to index everything it can. Is there an index of IFCC comics?
    Ancient gamer slowly rising from torpor, please forgive my ignorance of these modern times.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Index of IFCC Comics?

Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    This is the most direct answer, but I'll just point out that the index of the comics that any character is in can also be found on the wiki.
    You found the secret message! Don't forget to edit the wiki!

4. - Top - End - #4

Lizardfolk

Huh, according to the wiki, Sabine is stated to be older than the current world, but no citations given. When was that established? Is it in one of the print versions?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    Huh, according to the wiki, Sabine is stated to be older than the current world, but no citations given. When was that established? Is it in one of the print versions?
    Book 2 bonus comic. A fiend that guards Julia's school is an ex from 2 millennia ago.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    Book 2 bonus comic. A fiend that guards Julia's school is an ex from 2 millennia ago.
    To add to this, the wiki’s claim that the bonus comic proves Sabine is older than the current world is erroneous. The world is more than 1184 years old; the OOTS calendar dates from the foundation of That Kingdom, not from the year the world was created.

In fact, the fiend’s statement that he and Sabine used to date two millennia ago is good evidence that the world is at least 2,000 years old, since we know all outsiders have their memories wiped in between worlds.

(Sabine could certainly be older than the current world - we just have no way of knowing that.)
    Last edited by Emanick; 2019-10-24 at 08:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I feel like Thor said something along the lines of more recent worlds lasting about two thousand years, but I don’t have a citation at the moment.
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

* Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    To add to this, the wiki’s claim that the bonus comic proves Sabine is older than the current world is erroneous. The world is more than 1184 years old; the OOTS calendar dates from the foundation of That Kingdom, not from the year the world was created.

In fact, the fiend’s statement that he and Sabine used to date two millennia ago is good evidence that the world is at least 2,000 years old, since we know all outsiders have their memories wiped in between worlds.

(Sabine could certainly be older than the current world - we just have no way of knowing that.)
    Solid argument. I have updated the wiki entries for Sabine and the Timeline to reflect this.
    You found the secret message! Don't forget to edit the wiki!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MossyMeow View Post
    I feel like Thor said something along the lines of more recent worlds lasting about two thousand years, but I don’t have a citation at the moment.
    "...a few thousand years each, give or take."
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    TIn fact, the fiend’s statement that he and Sabine used to date two millennia ago is good evidence that the world is at least 2,000 years old, since we know all outsiders have their memories wiped in between worlds.
    I think that when Thor says "We have to wipe all the outsiders' memories every time we remake the world because they go a bit nuts if we don't.", he means only that the good gods wipe the mind of the good outsiders. The evil gods might not care if their underlings go nuts, and don't do a mindwipe. I can still believe that the current world is more than 2000 years old though.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2019-10-27 at 05:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I think that when Thor says "We have to wipe all the outsiders' memories every time we remake the world because they go a bit nuts if we don't.", he means only that the good gods wipe the mind of the good outsiders. The evil gods might not care if their underlings go nuts, and don't do a mindwipe. I can still believe that the current world is more than 2000 years old though.
    Evil Gods want efficient servants, just like good and neutral, and having your entire staff screaming about their loss of pizza-natomy, or why they suddenly have the Blood War again when in the last world Devils and Demons were the same thing, would hinder them. Plus Evil is totally cool with the ideas of mass mind-wipes. Only alignment which might not bother is whoevers in charge of Slaads, because honestly who'd notice?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

More to the point, the deities have to cooperate to not form more tangles, so I doubt only a portion would do that.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Also, the IFCC (and their bosses) may co-operate with evil gods, but they don't work for them. Which probably doesn't stop the evil gods from manipulating them, of course.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't forget there's an interim period between each world which could be several centuries if the outdated Secret Lore of the Sapphire Guard (second-to-last panel) is anything to go by. Then we can just assume Sabine was rounding up and it was actually closer to 1700~1800 years since she last saw Jeff and the numbers work out.

As for what goes on in that interim period, the Outsiders are probably too busy with the Blood War and such to notice anything involving the Snarl or the creation of the next world (presuming they all get memory wiped regardless of alignment). Plus I would imagine they basically lose memory of the Prime's planar coordinates until the world is finished so they don't plane shift in out of curiosity.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

15. - Top - End - #15

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    Don't forget there's an interim period between each world which could be several centuries if the outdated Secret Lore of the Sapphire Guard (second-to-last panel) is anything to go by. Then we can just assume Sabine was rounding up and it was actually closer to 1700~1800 years since she last saw Jeff and the numbers work out.

As for what goes on in that interim period, the Outsiders are probably too busy with the Blood War and such to notice anything involving the Snarl or the creation of the next world (presuming they all get memory wiped regardless of alignment). Plus I would imagine they basically lose memory of the Prime's planar coordinates until the world is finished so they don't plane shift in out of curiosity.
    It'd make more sense to mind-wipe the outsiders when construction began than to wipe them after destruction. That way you can blag it that they'd only just been created, like everything else.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    There's nothing in Thor's words that provide any real support for that though. Aside from that, the others have pointed more reasons why everyone involved is part of the scheme. Not to mention that Sabine has never once indicated any knowledge of worlds before this one, The Snarl or anything close to that. Neither have the IFCC.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Aside from that, the others have pointed more reasons why everyone involved is part of the scheme. Not to mention that Sabine has never once indicated any knowledge of worlds before this one, The Snarl or anything close to that. Neither have the IFCC.
    Well, not before Nale found out about it from Shojo and told Sabine, anyway.

But your point stands.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2019-10-28 at 08:59 AM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season