The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 231
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Night Below (IC)

    The road is beaten dirt. If you'd been pulling a wagon, you'd probably have made camp by now, as the moonlight isn't quite up to the task of lighting the path forward and you can't be sure that it's safe. But at a walking pace, it's not so bad. As you're walking the path you see a fire, tended to by a man who does have a cart and so must have set up camp some time ago.
    The man is middle-aged, with dark hair and skin. He is slightly portly, and is not tending to his own fire or the stew cooking above it. Rather, it seems to stir itself. Upon seeing you, he lifts a hand. "Hello, the road!"
    "Will you share my fire?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Catalonia

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "Aye, we'd be glad to." Emrig looks over to the rest of the party. "Unless ye wanna keep going? Be rude to refuse a stranger's hospitality, but we've got much ground to cover yet." Despite his relaxed attitude towards the man, Emrig keeps his eyes and ears open. Not all travellers on the road are friendly, and even lonesome men cooking stew could easily be a part of an ambush, or poison the meal they were offering.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Mirafa accepts the offer of the fire graciously. With a shrug oh her shoulder, she slings her shield down from where she had it resting against her back. She then undoes the frog holding her sword at her side and props it and the shield against a nearby tree, and settles down next to her things.

    Thank you, she says as she holds her hands out to the flame, warming them.

    Are you traveling alone?

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Avaris

    Avaris approaches cautiously and thoughtfully the fire. His fellows were too casual in sitting with a wizard all alone by the road. When he speaks, Avaris 's voice as always is smooth, slow, arresting

    "Thank you for your offer. There is strength in numbers and in companionship. Allow us to share our food also."

    As he brings out his rations, Avaris asks

    "What is a practitioner of the Art doing here, all alone?"

    Spoiler: OOC Insight
    Show
    Insight (1d20+5)[15] if needed

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
    "What is a practitioner of the Art doing here, all alone?"
    The man graciously nods at the offer of more food for the camp and nods toward a small tin platter of ingredients by the fire, which one at a time were floating into the stew. Beans, carrots, and sliced turnips were present, but no meat.
    "You flatter me. I am merely a dilettante and peddler traveling the road through Milborne up through Thurmaster. At least, most years."

    Spoiler: Insight
    Show
    His left hand is shaking a bit from time to time, and he looks over his shoulder and toward his cart, small enough for a man to drag alone, enough to send the message that he is nervous. Looking at you, he's noticeably more hopeful - though not necessarily of his own safety.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Are you traveling alone?
    "Ah, not for much longer. I was headed up my usual yearly route through Haranshire - North from Harlaton up to Milborne, then following the river to Thurmaster - but my friend who follows the same route, Kavi - he's also a peddler, but we trade different goods - passed me by about an hour ago." The man pauses a moment, then thinks to introduce himself.
    "I'm Gordrenn. These roads are generally pretty safe - the lizardfolk raid what little farmland there is here, and tend to leave us journeymen alone - but Kavi passed on some rumors of more danger up the road. Kidnappings, disappearances. Mostly, I don't mind turning back to Harlaton and waiting for the Carmans to clear up the danger, but I have one scheduled delivery that's already been paid for that simply can't wait."

    Realizing that he'd been rambling a bit, Gordrenn waits a moment to give you all a chance to speak.

    Spoiler: Intelligence (History) DC 11 - Autosuccess if you've lived in Haranshire
    Show
    The Carman family is one of the two families that dominate the lands of the Haranshire, owning most of the farmland and copper mines west of the Thornwood. They employ the majority of the constable in this region, as well.

    The lizardfolk raids Gordrenn is referring to haven't been a problem for four months - based on what he's said about traveling here yearly, it seems his information is out of date.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-10-25 at 04:29 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Liara moves closer to the fire, taking advantage of the warmth.
    "I have some food I can add as well." She produces a ration of elvish bread and cheese. This should make our meal that little bit more fulfilling"
    She nods to Avaris, noting the ration he produced as well.

    "I am sure that our group would be happy to escort you to where you need to go, if there are missing persons perhaps its not safe to travel alone"

    "Haranshire sounds familiar"

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[1] +5 history check to know about haramshire

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Gordrenn smiles at this suggestion from Liara. "A distinct possibility, but I'd be mush safer heading back. However, while the goods have already been purchased there is a sizable delivery fee, if you'd be interested in delivering a chest to Tauster in Thurmaster, the fee is yours." His eyes slide largely toward Avaris and Mirafa as he concludes his statement, paying special attention to their holy symbols.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    An expression crosses Liara's face as if she is deep in thought but it is only momentary.

    "I would be happy to accept this task." Liara states happily, oblivious to Gordrenn directing his gaze to Avaris and Mirafa. "As long as everyone else is in agreement? Im sure a little extra gold is never to be missed out on"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Catalonia

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Emrig thoughtfully pulls on his beard. "It's a bit of a walk, but we could use the gold." He nods. "Though I'd like to know what exactly we'd be transporting. Wouldn't wanna be arrested by the town guard for moving contraband."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Avaris

    Avaris just nods affirmatively and continues to prepare the dinner. His points are been made by his teammates.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "Oh no, nothing like that. I don't suppose there's much harm..."
    The soup stops stirring itself as Gordrenn looks back at the cart. After a moment, a 2'x1'x1' chest lifts itself off the wagon and places itself in front of Gordrenn. He produces a key from a chain around his neck to open the chest with a soft click, allowing you all to see the contents.

    There are two distinct sides, blocked off by a band of wood built into the middle of the chest. On Gordrenn's right, the chest contained smaller glass boxes, containing various odds and ends such as a silver whistle, cloth, a small collection of diamond dust matched on its left by a similar amount of ruby dust, powdered silver, charcoal, incense, and herbs. On the left was only a single object on a pillow of its own. An immaculate ball of quartz roughly the size of a human head, a perfect sphere of crystal. Gordrenn leaves the chest open for a few moments before once again closing it and locking it.

    "You can imagine why the delivery fee alone is two hundred gold coins," Gordrenn says. The pot begins stirring itself once again. The chest hasn't moved back to the cart.
    "It's the biggest purchase I've ever had, you see."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Mirafa nods her agreement after seeing the contents of the chest.

    I would be more than willing to do this for you, but I must ask. As you said, there is a sizable fee for its delivery. Why not deliver it yourself?

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "The roads are simply too dangerous now, and I've already been paid for the items, just not the delivery." Gordrenn looks about at all of you.
    "You all seem much more equipped to deal with danger than myself."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Very well. I am willing to deliver it for you. You said it was for someone named Tauster? Where can we find them when we arrive?

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "Yes, Tauster. He's a wizard taking residence in Thurmaster. Once you reach Milborne up north, it will be down the river. He resides in the tallest tower there, you should have no difficulty finding him."

    The stew finishes cooking, and five bowls are taken from the cart and filled with some to be passed out among you all.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-10-26 at 11:00 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Catalonia

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Passing the bowls to his companions, Emrig takes his own and smells it before tasting just the smallest bit. He's not a picky eater, but he still doesn't completely trust the old man. Better to be safe than sorry. After making sure the meal is safe, he happily digs in. "Thank you for the generosity, friend. Some folks wouldn't share their fire and food so freely. We'll do our best to see your wares delivered safely."
    Last edited by BobMacBobson; 2019-10-26 at 06:03 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Liara looks in awe at the contents of the chest. "That is certainly impressive"

    Liara takes one of the bowls from Emrig with a slight nod and sips on it slowly enjoying the stew.

    She turns to Gordrenn "Will you head back in the morning then? It is fortuitous that you found us, and that we could finish the trip for you"

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[14] +5 Arcana check to discern possible uses for the contents of the chest

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "Yes, I'd say it was quite a lucky coincidence," Gordrenn agreed. "I'll be headed back in the morning, yes." Gordrenn looked between Avaris and Mirafa before eventually handing the key to the former.

    Spoiler: Uses
    Show
    These are the components that are consumed for spells such as Protection from Evil and Good, Find Familiar, Continual Flame, and a few other spells of lower level. The real prize, the ball of quartz, could be used as a focus for Scrying.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Well, the tiefling begins. It is fortunate for all of us to have met then. But I am sure we are all weary from a days travel. Who would like first watch? I can take the second.

    This has been common in your travels together. Mirafa often takes the second shift, because she does not often use her magic. So she volunteers for the second watch, because her sleep being interrupted won’t deprive her of the opportunity to recover spent energies.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "Yes, I've been ready to sleep for some time now I suppose," Gordrenn agrees, unfolding his own bedroll rather than leaving it to the invisible force that seems to be missing now.

    Spoiler: Watches
    Show
    Let me know which shift you want to take, we'll be using Passive Perception for this.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Avaris

    With a spoon in his hand, Avaris looks up

    "I can take the second watch. The darkness is no problem for me.

    But before we retire, can I myself ask a question? What is that intrigues you so much in our medallions, friend Gordrenn?"

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Liara pulls out a rug and her bedroll. "I will take first watch, I do not need to sleep anyway, only trance"

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "Hm? Oh, it's just... you seem to be people of faith and good standing with your gods, so I feel better about trusting you with this. And didn't your friend already ask to take second watch?" Gordrenn asks Avaris.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "Hm? Oh, it's just... you seem to be people of faith and good standing with your gods, so I feel better about trusting you with this. And didn't your friend already ask to take second watch?" Gordrenn asks Avaris.


    "That is true. I wasn't paying attention. I will take third watch then. I like to greet the sun when I can."


    Finishing his food, Avaris ritually throws some left overs to fire, alongside some twigs and he prays.

    "Mithras, Lightbriner, Radiant Herald, enfolds us in your warmth, guide us with your light and protect us in your radiance."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "If any of you should need assistance during the night you have but to ask."

    Liara sits cross legged on the rug she has while she pulls her cloak around her for the first watch. She is ready to cast a light spell should something disturb the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[1] passive perception check

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Catalonia

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Emrig looks around with a grin. "That leaves me with last watch, then. Best one too, if ye ask me." He pulls out a pipe, and with a nod retires for the evening as well. Privately, he murmurs his own prayers to Gorm, Marthammor Duin, and Thard Harr.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    The night passes. Liara traces the constellations in the heavens, and for just a moment she thinks she sees a red star. But just as suddenly it's gone. Perhaps she'd blinked looking at the fire and the reflection in her eyes had made it seem like a red star was there.

    Mirafa's watch is uninterrupted by outside intrusion, and she is left alone with her thoughts.

    Avaris sees a figure coming nearer during his watch. A lizardfolk sniffing the air. As soon as the lizardfolk sees that you've noticed them, the creature turns around and returns to the night. If you follow it for a few steps, you find that it truly has run off rather than just running back to where it thinks it can pass unseen.

    Spoiler: Insight dc 19 - Only a quick look
    Show
    This lizardfolk is scared, though not necessarily of you. The fight's been taken out of them.


    Aside from this, the night passes with no danger and the sun rises on a new day.

    Gordrenn starts packing up his cart nearly immediately. He may have been a bit more scared of the road than he immediately let on and is packed within three minutes.
    "I wish you all luck, and I want to express my sincerest gratitudes."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-10-27 at 11:47 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    And I thank you. For the food, the fire, and the company.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    "Farewell" Liara says after Godrenn

    Liara waits until he is out of earshot

    "It seems we should make our way to the wizards tower. strange that he was so trusting of strangers, though you both be people of faith he still took a gamble. Perhaps his fear took the better of him. And if he is afraid we should be wary"

    Liara stops for a moment not sure whether to say more "I saw a red star last night... Or i thought I did. Perhaps an omen or perhaps a trick of the light..."
    She folds up the rug and packs away her bedroll.

    She takes a piece of the bread she had from last night and eats it as she waits for the others

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[16]
    Rolling for my divination arcane tradition

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Night Below (IC)

    Gordrenn moves along slowly, still being in vision long after he is out of earshot as he drags his cart behind him. As he vanishes, you are indeed left alone to discuss amongst yourselves.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •