The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Glad I Ate Her (3.5 mid-level monster game)

Ah, so I should nix Ethereal Jaunt then?
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm afraid so. I thought that I'd mentioned no planar travel, but if I failed to mention that, I apologize.
    Tip-toeing back onto the board after a much-needed period focusing on family. My apologies to anyone I left in the lurch when I had to step away.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    I'm afraid so. I thought that I'd mentioned no planar travel, but if I failed to mention that, I apologize.
    No worries, now nothing is competing for charges with Charm Monster.

Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

@Toliudar
    Should I refine and present more background for Helix or do you think that the current background hss the appropriate "skirt length" for flexible storytelling?

@Jaekaido
    Unless I missed a houserule somewhere, the werewolf lord template adds 6 animal hit dice to your humanoid character, not to mention a level adjustment of either +2 or +3. You could only possibly have 2 levels of duskblade (as an afflicted lycanthrope), not 7. If you're a natural lycanthrope, you could only possibly have a single (1) level of duskblade... Love the character (reminds me of Inuyasha and Gintoki) but it looks like maybe he would work better in a gestalt game?
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-05 at 05:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by infomatic
    Question on Flaw: Must it be taken at first level (i.e., Her first monster Hit Die)? UA says there are cases in which it could be applied later on. I'd have to rework feats if so…
    Never mind, I looked at everybody else's sheets and everyone was taking Flaw feat at 1st, so I reworked Fanelle that way, too. She should be good for testing! (Still buying equipment but that doesn't seem to matter at this stage.)
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

7. - Top - End - #157

@Jaekaido

if ruled not allowed to just have directly just savage progression it's two-class the werewolf then dire animal class so it is nine levels it can be found here . I am using it build a character for fun using the game rules.
    Last edited by niw18; 2019-11-05 at 10:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jaekaido View Post
    Thanks for this, jaekaido. You may want to work instead from the werewolf template rather than the werewolf lord. Werewolf starts with 2 animal hit dice and has a level adjustment of +2 (if afflicted) or +3 (if natural). If you start with an afflicted werewolf, you should have a maximum of 6 character levels to work with. Or, as niw indicates, you are welcome to work from the savage species class.

MinotaurWarblad: the level of detail is good for now. I'll pump you for details as the need arises.

Informatic: Yes, gear is the least of my worries at this moment. Given the speed of PBP, it might be a RL month or two before PC's are reunited with their stuff.
    Tip-toeing back onto the board after a much-needed period focusing on family. My apologies to anyone I left in the lurch when I had to step away.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

9. - Top - End - #159

Chimera

Understood!
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-06 at 12:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I just wanted to ask if perhaps Iktnek has crawled under your notice or if I'm missing anything before she can start the arena battle?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zilchour is essentially done, just have some gold to spend.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

12. - Top - End - #162

Chimera

Hoping Helix gets a test run in the arena, as well. I can wait 'til you finish the others, if you're just doing one or two at a time.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-06 at 11:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MinotaurWarblad View Post
    Hoping Helix gets a test run in the arena, as well. I can wait 'til you finish the others, if you're just doing one or two at a time.
    My apologies for the oversight. Solo thread is posted.

And if there's anyone else out there patiently waiting for a solo thread to be created for you, I am oblivious - please flag this year, or send me a message.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

My apologies for the oversight. Solo thread is posted.

And if there's anyone else out there patiently waiting for a solo thread to be created for you, I am oblivious - please flag this year, or send me a message.
    Me too please.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Think I’m just waiting for a response to a question about the battle’s situation.

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Should I join that thread, or will one be made for...or since Im auto-accepted and dont need to be in one?
    I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light.
    - Ray Ratto

Thanks to Ridai for the custom avatar

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Me too please.
    Alhallor, sorry, the "Thri-kreen 10" in the class list made me think you were building a gestalt character. I'll get a thread posted for you later tonight.

Mikela, your thread is here. You don't have to play if you don't want to, but it'll help me look at a balance of strengths and abilities among the members of the group.

Esprit: sorry, I'll try to get caught up tonight.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thanks for your patience, everyone. I'll be making decisions this weekend. If you've got more details you're eager to add to your sheets, get em in soon!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thanks for the heads up.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Cleaned up my Charakter sheet.

Just some small changes, giving my magical weapon her missing +1, a smidgeon more hitpoints because I didn't read the rounding up in the first post.

Changed from Bard to Divine Bard because after the talk with the sacred flamebrother it just seemed fitting.

Changed out two cantrips.

That is Iktnek's definitive Edition.

Firebug

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thanks for your patience, everyone. I'll be making decisions this weekend. If you've got more details you're eager to add to your sheets, get em in soon!
    Neat. Good luck everybody.

Also, I haven't gone further than the first few posts in any of the other candidates' individual battle threads. Does anybody want to volunteer if they won or think they would've won?

I don't think Hvit was going to win it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

23. - Top - End - #173

Zombie

I think I may have won with Giz'ra?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Tyrann-Giz-ra

But I got lucky because I only had one round of prep, so the enemy druid didn't have any summons up yet when I walked out.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I may have had a better chance if my first target turned out to be an animal companion and not a Summon that I could've raised to even out our forces, but it poofed on death. Then the enemy used, probably obscuring mist, and I had no way to locate the enemy.

A druid with a bunch of rounds to do extra stuff in the middle of combat has a huge advantage. Even if it was going to cast spells with V components I could hear, there were still two enemies, so I'd have a 50% chance to pick the right enemy and 50% chance to miss the enemy. With no Listen, if the enemy has any kind of stealth, or a bow, or what have you, I'm pretty well done for due to the smoke screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the summons were killer. I think I’m still waiting on the results on a Charm Monster result to see whether Ilil would have an “And then combat ends and you guys would have to figure out how to get out” encounter, or just get killed, but I am not built for solo combat.

Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I got defeated.

I think what did me in was mostly the fire elemental who stunned me. (both in a I have the wrong tools for this problem way and for iktnek personally.)

I read all the other fights because I was just too curious and both wanted and dreaded more rounds of preparation.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Im pretty sure Cowdenbeath got defeated, just too many opponents coming at him at once.
    I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light.
    - Ray Ratto

Thanks to Ridai for the custom avatar

28. - Top - End - #178

Chimera

I haven't gotten to fight... I got pushed through the gate and nothing happened yet.

29. - Top - End - #179

OrcBarbarianGuy

I think Gurak was holding his own. Would have turned into a game of deadly hide and seek with me shooting fire at locations and trying to avoid a tiger charge. He's hard to hit, especially with Haste, so I think he could have managed

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally got around to finishing the preliminary version of Bai Hu's background... sorry it took so long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bai Hu is the only remaining member of a tribe of lycanthropes that once roamed the plains. The son of the tribal leader, Bai Hu was destined for greatness from birth - until the tribe was discovered by humans and exterminated. Bai Hu was but a child, and all the children of the tribe were brought back in chains. The adults were slaughtered, butchered like cattle, but the humans believed the children could not transform. Lycanthropy was not well-known to them.

When they arrived in the city, Bai Hu and the other children took advantage of this to break the chains by transforming, and escaping in the ensuing chaos. Bai Hu fled to the streets, where he happened on a group of monks recruiting among the younger orphan children. Bai Hu, mainly to escape any potential pursuers, joined up.

Though he dearly hated the humans for the way they treated his kind, his time with the monks was one of peace. He joined their order, never revealing his true heritage, and quickly became the best of the novices. The master of the temple took him as his apprentice. When he came of age, he was given several gifts of powerful magical items, as the acknowledged inheritor to the temple. But Bai Hu had little interest in the temple.

He becan looking for what happened to the other children of his tribe, but with as much time as had passed, his inquiries only raised questions he couldn't answer. Inexperience got the better of him, and he was arrested. Faced with imprisonment, he tried to escape by transforming, but he was still captured in the end.

Now he's being thrown into the arena, to fight the empire's condemned to the death.