New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Deleted content

Deleted content
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2020-03-05 at 05:27 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Darkest Dungeon Crimson Curse idea

So the idea is that you can easily contract a disease, but will only have one disease at a time?

BTW, there is a Darkest Dungeon Subreddit. It’s probably a better place for such ideas. I’ve not seen a single other person on GITP mention playing Darkest Dungeon.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2019-10-29 at 12:44 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    So the idea is that you can easily contract a disease, but will only have one disease at a time?

BTW, there is a Darkest Dungeon Subreddit. It’s probably a better place for such ideas. I’ve not seen a single other person on GITP mention playing Darkest Dungeon.
    That surprises me, because there's been multiple discussion threads dedicated to the game. There hasn't been one in a while because the game was released back in 2016 and it's a relatively small indie title, but it's certainly had its fair share of discussion.

Heck, I mentioned it recently as the game with my highest Steam hours put into it.

I do agree that the OP is a particularly narrow suggestion for a discussion though.

As an idea, it's interesting, but it's not a powerful enough item to get used. It's not that common for a hero to have more than one disease anyway (at least, not if you're taking care of your dudes), and the Crimson Curse is often desirable for the stat bonuses and disease immunity it provides.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

It's neat conceptually, but it does have a few issues. As an item, it doesn't really do anything. You want your item slots to either change the way you use a character, or be solid upgrades to their abilities.

There are several diseases that you actively don't want to get rid of (my personal favorite being The Fits). This is usually because they provide meaningful bonuses to your character for a minor trade off. Others than those few diseases, you want to get rid of literally everything else as it's very actively detrimental (such as the one that gives massive -Bleed resist). This item doesn't cure any diseases you don't want, but it also doesn't protect the ones you do want to keep.