The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default D&D Dragon Deities In Dragonball Universe

What if the D&D Dragon Deities (Bahamut, Tamara, Hlal, Tiamat, Falazure, Garyx, Io, Astilabor, Chronepsis, Sardior, Lendys and Aasterinian.) was in the Dragonball universe. How would it change the outcome of all the Dragonball universe?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Dragon Deities In Dragonball Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    What if the D&D Dragon Deities (Bahamut, Tamara, Hlal, Tiamat, Falazure, Garyx, Io, Astilabor, Chronepsis, Sardior, Lendys and Aasterinian.) was in the Dragonball universe. How would it change the outcome of all the Dragonball universe?
    Literally none at all.

Io is probably the only one who would impact anything at all, and even then pretty soon Dragonball will get past the point where even Greater Deities matter.
    Mystic Unity by DirtyTabs

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Ikari
    ...yeah, I'm basically gonna use you as my example to explain how White, as a color of magic, can represent pure evil. =P
    My extended Homebrew Signature
    My Monster Classes. Taking requests! Come give it a look.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Literally none at all.

Io is probably the only one who would impact anything at all, and even then pretty soon Dragonball will get past the point where even Greater Deities matter.
    Assuming Beerus hasn't already blown them up for not giving him good enough food or being arrogant dragons to him.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Assuming Beerus hasn't already blown them up for not giving him good enough food or being arrogant dragons to him.
    I'm not sure I can agree. Both Bahamut and Tiamat canonly can affect multiple dimensions, which isn't something Beerus has shown capable of. And both of them aren't the highest on the totem pole.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Mystic Muse here - no impact.

The fact is, saying "what if X existed in this separate continuity" is a pretty broad question. If for example, X was some universal thing, like FTL travel, smartphones, or magic, that could change lives, then yes, it would have an impact on the setting. But where X is, say, a person, you have to be a bit more specific. Like, if you existed in the Dragonball universe, would that change things? No, not unless you decided to spoil the plot to everyone. But that's basically what you're asking.

Now, if you narrowed it, for example if you asked what would happen if you replaced Shenlong with, say, Bahamut - that would be a question. But we're not going there right now.

How would having any of the dragon deities change anything? First of all, D&D deities as statted are shockingly easy to kill, and deicide is a thing that happens a lot in Dragonball. Second, even if they did exist, why would they get involved? By the time Super rolls around and Goku has successfully endangered literally the universe, he is well beyond their ability to discipline. And if we're looking at DB classic or Z, why would they even care about, say, the Red Ribbon Army, Demon King Piccolo, the Saiyans or Majin Buu?

Now, if, say, Irori were in the DB universe? Oh, very different. An actively-involved deity with a martial bent? You'd have people going to Irori and depriving King Kai of students. Heck, Irori's chief student would probably replace Vegeta as Goku's rival. (Sorry, Piccolo. You were awesome.)

But to your question, how would these deities impact Dragonball? Not by much.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I actually think they'd have a significant impact. If we're talking a whole 'magical expansion' dimension with a new set of adventures, then they'd have to be introduced at some point. Power levels and scales in dragon ball are purely to serve the plot, and if all of these dragons were being introduced as a new caste of gods (and not just as humor), then they would be high tier enough to beat out the current group of gods like Beerus, because that's how things in dragon ball work. Each character or power up is definitionally slight stronger than the last one along the line, and slightly weaker than the one about to show up next.

This works for castes of gods too. Kami, the ruler of earth. King Kai, the teacher of goku. Then he turned out to be one of four cardinal directions and there was a Grand Kai above them. Then that whole system turned out to be below another identical one except this time instead of Grand we had "Supreme" Kai.

Therefore, they'd be introduced as some sort of elder gods over the universe, perhaps the incarnations of the Dragon Balls themselves and the root of all the magic that creates wishes in the first place. Kind of a similar narrative space as Zalama serves, but a whole pantheon. Hell depending how things scale, each subset package of realities could have their own Super Dragon, and above them all is the Dragon Pantheon. The real question is why an expansion pack for The True Dragon Gods Of Reality would need to show up.

Disclaimer: I'm not educated on DBSuper enough to know if the narrative rules change too significantly for this analysis to hold true. Far as I know, I don't think things change that much except for some slightly larger stability in terms of how long powerful characters stay relevant (and even that may just be having the birds eye view on dbz as a completed work, but not on super).
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2019-11-08 at 04:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Maybe the dragons could train like, really hard?

Like... high gravity hyperbolic time chamber training. And learn Kaioken and spirit bomb. And do fusion dance.

And then comes the hard part: 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10 kilometer run... every day... for three years!
    Signatures are so 90's.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post

Like... high gravity hyperbolic time chamber training. And learn Kaioken and spirit bomb. And do fusion dance.

And then comes the hard part: 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10 kilometer run... every day... for three years!
    The dragons are deities. They don't need training for that.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The dragons are deities. They don't need training for that.
    /whoosh!

Or, alternatively, Thats the joke
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Well we know Beerus needs to train. Seems anything with power that isn’t unlimited can get stronger through training in DB.
    I also disagree with the idea that newly introduced gods must be beyond the characters. When the Supreme Kai was introduced, we quickly got the impression that the power of the Saiyans terrified him. He was weaker than the main cast right from his introduction.
    When we first meet Zamasu (in his own body) they even have to explain that he’s a prodigy Kai for it to make any sense that he lasts as long as he does (like a minute tops) against Goku.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

So not the Dragon Deities, but normal dragons. What age category of Dragon is "Eternal" ?

Is it the 13th age category? Does having 13 age categories give you the Zodar Wish Ability, but your wish can't be used by you but instead the people who have assembled 7 planar binding objects together in one location? What happens when you use your wish that you can use yearly but is only supposed to be used about once in a hundred years very frequently, overusing it in effect? What happens?

Next Time on Dragonball Z!
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-11 at 02:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So not the Dragon Deities, but normal dragons. What age category of Dragon is "Eternal" ?

Is it the 13th age category? Does having 13 age categories give you the Zodar, but your wish can't be used by you but instead the people who have assembled 7 planar binding objects together in one location? What happens when you use your wish that you can use yearly but is only supposed to be used about once in a hundred years very frequently, overusing it in effect? What happens?

Next Time on Dragonball Z-D!

You both win this thread.

Oh my, I laughed so hard.....^^
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2019-11-11 at 12:35 PM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

To be honest, adding in twelve more sets of Dragon Balls would probably be like throwing a huge, chaotic wrench into the Dragon Ball story-line.

Or maybe not, considering that Dragon Ball Super added about that many entire universes and the only outcome was "obviously, they fight each other".
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

"What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    To be honest, adding in twelve more sets of Dragon Balls would probably be like throwing a huge, chaotic wrench into the Dragon Ball story-line.

Or maybe not, considering that Dragon Ball Super added about that many entire universes and the only outcome was "obviously, they fight each other".
    well also we got twelve different goku variants with xeno goku then let's say cyborg goku with their distaff counterparts we kinda half of the variants currently.throwing d&d or pathfinder deities not change power levels to much on good day on bad day when your friendly neighborhood scientist accidentally finds plot coupon free way to cast wish we have problem. as petty as bulma is she is to smart for her own good and there is 5 slots she can cast wish spell with out going long adventure to refind the damn balls every time. oh berus comes okay time to wish a feast better then his last visit, frieza attacking earth again ( mumbles ) pof frieza has urgent desire do something far away in universe that moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

In Dragonball, Dragons only seem to exist, conceptually, as summonable wish-granting entities.

The best way that the dragon deities would fit in would be as some kind of uber wishgranting force. But if you asked any given deity to grant a wish that was at odds with that deity's own nature or agenda, it would be sure to twist that wish somehow.