The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Only War - Newbie Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Etherion View Post
    Frag grenades would be fine, though I'd prefer not to mess with the respirator. I say after being fine with messing with the grav chute.
    My respirator gotta work right so I dun smell the other guys fart!
    Oh btw our Gravchutes tends to not ignite at the right time so half the regiment breaks their legs upon landing, but hey, at least we don't smell those damn farts!

Oh btw, I guess this a Mix-gender regiment? since people have made male characters, there's female comrades, etc?
    What'd you all think is a fair ratio then? 20/80? 40/60? Do remember that majority of ALL regiments in the Imperium are MALE-only, there's a vast minority of female-only regiments, and then there's the whole Mix-gender regiments that usually happens from outside recruitment into a regiment, a rare regiment that is founded mix-gendered, or there's something like the 597th Valhallan regiment which is a combined regiment with a female regiment that had most of it's grunt Guardswomen killed by Tyranids, and a Male Regiment where most of the leader-parts of the regiment had gotten wiped out by the exact same tyranids.
    Oh and yes this is the Regiment Ciaphas Cain is with for a vast majority of his service time, just FYI.

This regiment is far from combined regiment, cuz it's not had a service time or events to justify it. So it was founded Mix-gendered.... just curious what you all think is a fair split in the genders, all factors included.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2019-11-17 at 04:48 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Question. As I have been reviewing some imperial armour books for the feel of Drop Regiments. (both versions of volumes 4 and 8) Given the nature of Drop troops and their issues. Would it be safe for us to expect to have some "Support" form the Imperial navy or Drop sentinels From another Company? As it is commonly observed in Elysian drop regiments.

as for the gender of guardsmen Does the emperor care what the gender of who fights and kills the enemies of Man? Given that the empior is at war on over a thousand differnt fronts does it make a diffrence ?
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2019-11-17 at 10:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf69 View Post
    Question. As I have been reviewing some imperial armour books for the feel of Drop Regiments. (both versions of volumes 4 and 8) Given the nature of Drop troops and their issues. Would it be safe for us to expect to have some "Support" form the Imperial navy or Drop sentinels From another Company? As it is commonly observed in Elysian drop regiments.

as for the gender of guardsmen Does the emperor care what the gender of who fights and kills the enemies of Man? Given that the empior is at war on over a thousand differnt fronts does it make a diffrence ?
    Yes there'll of course be valkyrie and/or other such transport and drop-aide vehicles to allow you to be deployed to best efficiency. Although availablity of such vehicles CAN be in short supply, the local variants might be taken in use instead, a protracted warfront might cause a lesser need of drop troopers and thus a frontline fielding might be done, etc. etc.

But for standard, expect there to be available transportation to take you from point A so you can be dropped at Point B, from very, VERY high up... think limits of physicality for a human, without it degrading effectiveness. Think real world airplane skydiving.

And yes, it is important to know if you lot have a mix gender regiment, what format it is, etc. If you've read Gaunt's Ghosts, you'd know what Females in the Guard can do to the men, and vice versa, or read Ciaphas Cain for that matter, with the whole Valhallan 597th ordeal during their first warfront to deal with.
    It's not to stirr up controversial issues or anything like that, this is about getting a deeper feel for the regiment itself. Heck there's guard regiment that DESPISE females in the guard, while there's others that see it as a natural thing for any human, whatever the gender, to have a want to protect the Imperium's Worlds from the foul claws of Xenos and Mutant Heretics.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I dunno, Id prefer we just do an even split, evenly treated approach.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I dunno, Id prefer we just do an even split, evenly treated approach.
    Could also explain it purely cuz it's more of a dog-eat-dog wild west place, that everyone really need to do their bit, be they male, female, youthful or old.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

I'm fine with having some variant patterns, and yeah, definitely don't think it should be the lasgun.

As to the regimental makeup, doesn't really matter to me. I'm fine with going all-men traditional, or doing a mix if people prefer that.

Updated my sheet with fixes per Hemnon.
    Last edited by Janwin; 2019-11-18 at 11:25 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Janwin View Post
    I'm fine with having some variant patterns, and yeah, definitely don't think it should be the lasgun.

As to the regimental makeup, doesn't really matter to me. I'm fine with going all-men traditional, or doing a mix if people prefer that.

Updated my sheet with fixes per Hemnon.
    Yeah... about the same for me.

My sheet has been updated as well.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alright, guess for now we'll do variant Patterns for the Gravchute and the Flak Armor.

Gravchute Number of changes Table Roll: (1d10)[7]
    Positive and Negative Rolls
    (1d10)[1]
    (1d10)[3]
    (1d10)[6]
    (1d10)[6]
    (1d10)[7]

Imperial Guard Flak Armor Number of changes Table Roll: (1d10)[2]
    Positive and Negative Rolls
    (1d10)[2]
    (1d10)[3]
    (1d10)[1]
    (1d10)[6]
    (1d10)[4]
    --------------------------

Results:
    Icarus Pattern Gravchute
    Wide Distribution: Logistics Tests to acquire this item gain a +10 bonus in addition to any
    other modifiers.
    Durable: Whenever this item would be badly damaged or destroyed, roll 1d10. On a result of 6 or
    higher, it survives the event largely unscathed thanks to its rugged construction.
    Forgotten Construction: Characters suffer a 30 on Tech-Use or other Skill Tests to repair this item
    should it be broken or damaged.
    This pattern of Gravchute belongs to a very old and sturdy pattern of Gravchutes that is relatively easy to manufacture due to the mostly-intact STC pattern used, however the intricate parts within the Gravchute is extreme hard to deal with since the knowledge of the inner workings for it has been lost. Luckily the rugged and durable design means that it is primarily easily-replacable outer-parts than can be swapped out without issue that gets damaged, even when hit with the explosive force of a frag missile.

Scissix Pattern Imperial Guard Flak Armor
    Light Construction: Decrease the items weight by 1 kg (to a minimum of 0.5 kg).
    Forgotten Construction: Characters suffer a 30 on Tech-Use or other Skill Tests to repair this item
    should it be broken or damaged.
    This pattern of Imperial Guard Flak Armor hails from a minor forgeworld called Scissix that was settled by the mechanicus after having found the fractured remains of an STC, and it's only recently (relatively speaking, think a few hundred years) that the STC has been re-assembled to a functional level. The surprising part is that the STC produces Flak Armor of the same model format as Imperial Guard Flak Armor, and due to the use of the production method that is wholey ill-understood even by the Forgeworld's Mechanicus leadership, it is very hard to deal with actual repairs of the Flak Armor itself outside the forges. The positive thing is however that the way the Flak Armor is created, ensures a more lightweight final product without any loss of protective capability.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2019-11-19 at 04:44 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lightweight flak makes a lot of sense for drop troops! And Im a big fan of a harder to damage grav chute, even if it is incredibly hard to repair

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lightweight flak makes a lot of sense for drop troops! And Im a big fan of a harder to damage grav chute, even if it is incredibly hard to repair
    Luckily it's an auto-success to requisition more IF damaged, rather than having to try and get it repaired.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

whoo 1 whole kg :). I'm still going to fall like a damn rock.

Can we do the M34 as well, or is that out?
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    whoo 1 whole kg :). I'm still going to fall like a damn rock.

Can we do the M34 as well, or is that out?
    There's still one more item that I'll allow to be Variant Patterned as part of the Regimental Gear items.
    And yes, if you requisition something, you can ask for an item that is of a Variant Pattern if you wish. but the resulting pattern is what is available then, so don't just ask for it and then go 'nah I'd rather got with regular book-version' instead, cuz that's not how it's gonna work.

So if everyone else are fine with it, I won't say no to making the M34 a Variant Pattern as well. It'd not be an M34 anymore cuz that's actually the pattern name.

If you all want it, the knife you all have can easily be the varient pattern instead. But it's all up to you lot what you'd prefer. Also, let me know when you've all added the variant versions of gear to your charactersheets, cuz then I'll go through and recheck for minor and/or major issues.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2019-11-21 at 07:52 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Im happy with the two weve got, but if everyone else wants something special Im not opposed

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

people, please let me know when your charactersheet is done and the variant patterned versions of your Flak armor and Gravchute has been added as well, with the specific Positive and Negative Traits for the items added as well.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think I have taken care of most of the changes and have changed the gear. could use a double check

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think I have taken care of most of the changes and have changed the gear. could use a double check
    I'd recommend you re-read your own charactersheet without going into edit. you'd be able to see some issues just through that.

Otherwise the primary issues are Corruption: 0/0100 <-- which should be fixed to 0/100.
    Comrade Abilities purchased should be recorded under the COMRADE sheet since it's not an abiliity that you have alone, but something given to you by the co-op of yourself and your comrade.
    you have weapons training posted twice and is trained with 4 different types of weapons, with 2 of those mentioned twice.
    Regimental traits still haven't been added under the abilities spoiler (just below the one for talents). Independent Operation, Distrustful of Authority and Well-Provisioned. <-- that's the three regimental traits you should add.
    Your equipment is a mess, with weapons details being a bit all over the place, and your bullpup lasgun is not statted out, such as the grenade launcher.
    as for your ammo, it should be statted out something like this:
    2 Frag Grenades (Hand).
    4 Krak Grenades (Hand).
    2 Smoke Grenades (Hand).
    8 Chargepacks (Basic).
    2 clips of Frag Grenades (Grenade Launcher).
    This way you have stated what is a handgrenade, what is grenade launcher ammo, and what type of chargepacks you have, which is Basic type, since it's for a basic sized weapon, rather than a pistol or a Heavy Weapon. Just like you can't use Bolt Pistol ammo in a Heavy Bolter. Or Man-Stopper Rounds for a Rifle cannot be used in a pistol.

as for the exp:
    Total Exp: 600 Exp
    Spendable Exp: 50 Exp
    Also add the purchases beneath all this so you can see what you actually purchased and for how much.

And the backstory:
    Remember that your character wasn't really born to be in the Imperial Guard. He might have been born to possibly be a leading figure in the PDF, trained and groomed to lead the Planetary Defense Forces, possibly starting out as a Corporal or a Sergeant of the local garrison-team in the city your character is from. And if your character did not show functional leadership skills in the PDF, they get to be just a normal Grunt Guardsman and is prodded with a shockmaul during training until he gets that into his head. That's how Mustering and Training for the Imperial Guard works. It's like modern military, just a little more religious, with laser weaponry and more brutality because it's a brutal universe.
    And there's no such thing as not being a leadership position in the imperial guard due to being an inexperienced noble. It goes by the concept of Total Warfare, which means it's more based on Merit than background, where as the planetary PDF can very much be different.
    This does have a few exceptions, primarily in terms of regiments from a Feudal World, or literally full on Nobleborn Regiments that only contains Nobleborn Guardsmen.
    It's just a small mention so you can expand a little bit more on your backstory for specifics. And your character ain't a sniper. not yet anyways. that's an advanced Speciality that can be taken later on.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As to the back story I was viewing it as he was treated as a third tire son. Were the firstborn is the pampered prince. Given the best of the best and the second is the spare (just in case of foul play). In the eyes of the Family, his role is to be taken as the family's offering to the Astra militarism, born to die in the service of the Emperor of Man. At least that is what I was going for.

But other then the backstory I will start making corrections.

Also, I thought wepion spicalists only get 3 weapions training ?
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2019-11-21 at 11:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As to the back story I was viewing it as he was treated as a third tire son. Were the firstborn is the pampered prince. Given the best of the best and the second is the spare (just in case of foul play). In the eyes of the Family, his role is to be taken as the family's offering to the Astra militarism, born to die in the service of the Emperor of Man. At least that is what I was going for.

But other then the backstory I will start making corrections.

Also, I thought wepion spicalists only get 3 weapions training ?
    that'd be more of a 4th or 5th born that'd be treated as such... Also the regiment is 100% volunteering. It's not a Conscript Regiment or enforced-service. It's Primarily Former PDF members, former paraglide hunters, etc. that signed up, along with people seeking a livelyhood they can survive on better than the one they have now. Think WWII with the 'Uncle Sam needs YOU!' posters, just with a religious hype to it and the promise of superior equipment to fight the xenos filth, deal with heretic through gun-diplomacy (shoot them until they are dead, then shoot them a little more just to be safe) and help protect the loyal worlds of the Imperium.

Backstory just needs more than 'was born as this, trained for that... the end'. It'd be nice to know what KIND of nobleborn he is, what family he is from, if he is high noble, etc (which he is not. he might be of a merchant dynasty where he is more or less just beneath the Nobility itself. Cuz Nobleborns are a whole other breed of folk and will require a whole other setup of 'homeworld', so to speak, to be Nobleborn instead). It's why I was a bit... eh, what kind of Nobilty we talking here? Cuz your character is neither trained in Linguistics (High Gothic), trained in Etiquette, etc. which is a thing a nobleborn AUGHT to be trained in, otherwise they are not a noble. SO something like a merchant Dynasty that is just about Nobility in all but name and pompous educational level.

well if you check your charactersheet, you can see you've mentioned Weapon Training at the top, and then at the bottom at the bold-version I had added origionally, you've also added weapontraining there but for Las, Bolt and Melta.
    That's why I recommend checking the charactersheet through without clicking edit, to see it all set up as it is currently.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Talents fix weapons training fixed I think you may want to refresh as it should have only have Las, Launcher, Melta, in the area for weapons training.

As for the back story. I will work on it Friday night after work.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Added the variant pattern equipment details to sheet. Character should be done now.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Daryon should be done (unless we pattern the autocannon).

I was rereading some lore and came across one of my favorite stories where two grunts found a Standard Template Construct and as a reward were each made governors of a world. The STC contained the pattern for a combat knife that was slightly more durable and sharper than the traditional combat knife. Praise the Omnissiah.

Current Games:

22. - Top - End - #202

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Yeah... about the same for me.

My sheet has been updated as well.
    Updated again, for the Variant equipment.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

ok take two of the background and added an image for partner.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I've been delayed by an audit at work. I'll try and do the corrections and update the regimental specific kit in the next couple of days. The Xmas holidays cannot come soon enough!
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Added the variant pattern equipment details to sheet. Character should be done now.
    Perhaps detail out what the variant Pattern Gear's specific effects are? just so it's easier to remember what each special effect does?
    A description of your comrade would also be nice.

Other than that, your character sheet seems finished, gratz on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Daryon should be done (unless we pattern the autocannon).

I was rereading some lore and came across one of my favorite stories where two grunts found a Standard Template Construct and as a reward were each made governors of a world. The STC contained the pattern for a combat knife that was slightly more durable and sharper than the traditional combat knife. Praise the Omnissiah.
    Why the feet and pounds, rather than the Metric system of the books for height and weight? I mean I'm from not-america and here we use the Metric system as well.
    You're massively missing out on Weapons Training. you should have Las or SP, and then also Low-Tech, Heavy and a free-of-choice that is not an Exotic weapon training. I'd recommend choosing to be trained with Las Weaponry since that is the primary weaponry type of the Regiment... what with Bullpup Lasguns galore.

Name: Scissix Pattern Imperial Guard Flak Armor (Common Craftsmanship) (Light Construction, Forgotten Construction) <-- put everything not the name into the spoiler below for Special Qualities. Also add what the specific Variant Pattern Equipment effects are, like done with the talents and such).
    But that's all of it.

Yeah it was an STC with a pattern of, well, space samurai sword knives basically. It's the kind of combat knife most space marine chapters use in 40k. It's from Gaunt's Ghosts if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Updated again, for the Variant equipment.
    MORE feet and Pounds! I guess it's just me that finds it odd, cuz I am from Denmark and is used to meters and kilos.

Are you still gonna stick with Cold Hearted over Jaded? Remember that starting choices of skills and/or talents does not need to meet the requirements, that's only for purchasing them with Exp.

Your Icarus Pattern Gravchute should be under Abilities/Traits/Implants/Mutations & Malignancies. It and it's abilites belong under Equipment and Gear. Like what you did with the Flak Armor, pretty much (although maybe but it inside the actual spoiler, rather than just about above it?).

Special Qualities: Reliable <---- there's a spoiler for all the special quality just below, please put this in there and detail out what reliable does. Also you haven't added the Variable Lasgun Setting ability either, which also belong in that spoiler for the lasweapon in question. This is for the Bullpup Lasgun btw.

For your backstory, could you detail out WHY your character decided to enlist, rather than stay with his family and the family practice?
    Your comrade's Status should be Unharmed, not blank.

Please detail out what Field Treatment actually does on your comradesheet.

ok take two of the background and added an image for partner.
    even more feet and pounds. Am I playing with a group of americans here?

Btw, I just noticed that you've left a lot of commas in the skills, so every other skill you have ends with a comma. just a little irksome is all.
    Independent Operation, Distrustful of Authority and Well-Provisioned.<----- and what does each Ability from the regiment do? Please fill that in, kinda like with the Talents.

Your Bullpup Lasgun should also be Reliable. add that to the Special Qualities for it please.
    Your Grenade Launcher's special qualities are all outside the spoiler they belong in. Also please detail out what Reliable does and what Good Craftsmanship for the weapon does.

2 clips of Krak Grenades (Grenade Launcher). <--- that should still be Frag Grenades. you are not allowed to start with Krak Grenades as Standard Ammo for the Grenade Launcher.

Your regiment has already seen combat btw, in reference to your backstory. twice, actually.
    The first one was part of a Rapid-Response peacekeeping Force on a Planet in the Calixis Sector, specifically a non-noteworthy Agri-world that suffered a mild uprising of Feral Orks. The Second one was... Well it was a horrid one. It was part of the initial Imperial Retaliation against the Severan Dominate's Secession. As part of the initial entry into The Periphery. The ship, carrying the Paradynian 3rd, a regiment of Cadian 166th Armoured and a regiment of Syscallian 66th Infantry was attacked by some unknown fleet. The ship was blown apart, with only two-thirds of the Paradynian 3rd managing to get to the escape shuttles and cargo-carriers, etc. This heavy loss have scarred the survivors, and as of yet, no one from High Command have been willing to give an explanation as to who or what had attacked the ship. As for the two other regiments?
    they both got off the ship more or less intact, but the Cadian 166th Armoured are all without any sort of Vehicle, since all their tanks were onboard the ship as it blew apart when it's plasma drives overloaded from damage to it's wards.

Is your Comrade a freaking Anime-girl boat?! I hope you just mean the more generalised features here, like with the hair color, facial features, eyecolor, etc, yeah?
    And her Status should be Unharmed, not Alive.

------------------

Everyone should also add the follow to their characters and the ability to their charactersheet, since I had forgotten to add it into the Regimental Information originally. The Bonus points was given to the regiment, but the negatives from it was never added.

Scarred by Loss
    This regiment has suffered extreme casualty rates in
    recent memory, and a large portion of its active troopers
    are survivors of terrible battles that caused its numbers to
    dwindle dangerously low. Even if it has been reinforced by
    a new founding or by being combined with another understrength
    regiment, the physical and mental scars of the
    losses remain in its troopers. Soldiers from such regiments
    often find themselves irritable, distracted from sleep and war
    alike by memories unbidden.

Mental Trauma: Members of this regiment begin play with 1d10 Insanity Points. Any time that a member of this regiment fails a Willpower-based Test by three or more Degrees of Failure, he becomes lost in traumatic recollection, and is Stunned until the end of his next Turn.

So yeah, all your characters have Vietnam Flashbacks! Just about the chaos on a Voidship being torn apart by a raiding enemy force of unknown origin, people being sucked into vacuum, support beams falling down and crushing others, whole platoon-sized chunks of people being caught in shipboard fires, everyone fighting to get to the bulk transporters or escape pods.
    Been about a year's time since that, btw.

Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Well then.

(1d10)[3] Insanity Points

Also, patterns are updated on the sheet.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

were to start.

Anime Boat girl No see Girls Frontline. But I am just using her image for more or less generalised appearance.

28. - Top - End - #208

Beholder

Here we go...

(1d10)[7]

29. - Top - End - #209

Beholder

Of course its feet and pounds -- it's the Imperial system of weights and measures... :P

I think I've cleaned up the character sheet. Went with Jaded.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll fix up my sheet later but for now: (1d10)[6] insanity

Current Games: