New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Losing touch, City of Brass IC

As you cast your spell, the owl begins to glow with the soft light that the wolf did, then it fades away. you feel connected with the owl, a small part of them with you, you can tell he is old and wise, he has many secrets, then you hear him.
    "Hello Child, i thank you for this gesture, and i see you are in need, i am familiar with the other birds of your circle but have never wished to be bothered. but you have an air about you. You may call me Regal, i see your new to the outside world. your ways are rather clumsy but cute. I shall assist you whenever i can. Is there anything you would ask of me?"
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-04 at 04:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32

"Oh, I would... well, if you are familiar, there is my circle's tradition of binding our allies into the form of plants. It is only while you are called for aide to wherever we are. It can be... very different. And I don't want the first time I'm in true need of your aide that it also be the first time you're experiencing this form. So... if you don't mind that is, I would like to show you that."

Lielta waits for the owl, Regal, to give some approval before repeating the summoning but with her greenbound knowledge.

3. - Top - End - #33

PaladinGuy

Regal looks at the girl, his head spins vertical as he thinks. "I have seen this done before, but never wanted to be bothered with it. But it would seem i must if i wish to help you. I agree then, let us get this out of the way."
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-05 at 07:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

"Very well, thank you for agreeing. I do need to understand more about how this will affect any of allies I might need to call upon for help."

Lielta reaches out with her flows of magic and crafts the weave for summoning once more... this time with the full intent on lacing the conjuration with that of plants at the same time.

5. - Top - End - #35

PaladinGuy

As Lielta called forth her new friend, a ring opened up before her, the owl nodded and slowly vanished, then soon after started to reappear through the circle. His form started to take shape, but then you saw his flesh being ripped away, his bones turning into roots and vines growing around his frame, you can feel his pain as the transformation takes hold. when the summoning finished, Regal stood before you, a mix of root and vine, with small leaves scattered about, he eyes looked as if glowing emeralds and green magical energy pulsed throughout him.

"Well that was rather unpleasant." he looks at himself. "This form feels strange, but i do feel as if i could help you better this way."
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-06 at 01:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

"It is quite powerful and does take a little getting used to..." Lielta agrees with a solemn and appreciative nod toward Regal. "Like you can create a wall of thorns... say there."

She points in the direction nearby where nothing else was indicating where Regal should place the wall of thorns, only creating a ten foot square area. "They are magical thorns, not... real... and they go away. But you also heal from damage, take less damage... But yes... I'm sure it takes a good bit of getting used to. I'll be sure to only use it if there's a need for it's benefits."

7. - Top - End - #37

PaladinGuy

He shivers and shakes for a second then looks back at you. "I can see there is a benefit from this, but the feeling of my flesh being ripped apart will need time to get out of my mind." He spreads his leafy wings and then the ground becomes covered in vines. "this will take some time indeed."

He lands back on the ground. "So what is your plan now?"

8. - Top - End - #38

"I plan to head to the Circle of Ash and learn of their summoning traditions. I'll likely be stopping by the City of Brass as well, since both are in the Serrina desert. It will be my first time in a desert. But I need to make it along the road and learn of any of the people's on the way. I'll be spending some days here in these woods still... as I won't be seeing such for a good while. I need both to be prepared for the journey in... well, I'm sure it all is rather common sense. I ramble. I plan on staying around here a few days. If you want to... get used to the summoning a little more, I can help with that. I have another ally as well that I need to speak to regarding being rendered a plant."

9. - Top - End - #39

PaladinGuy

"Then you should try to make a small camp, you can use my tree to start, so i may watch over you." he flies up to his tree and looks around. "You will need water and food for not only here, but your travel ahead of you, i would stock what you can. a desert can be a very dangerous place."

10. - Top - End - #40

"Yes... I shall have to prepare for water as well as food for a good while until I can find my way through unfamiliar territory. I feel confident, but only a food turns down advice even if it's heard twice."

Lielta does just that as Regal suggests and makes her camp there beneath his tree. She doesn't need a campfire so much, as she's fed for the day, so she props up her hammock in a recline against the tree and the ground, sets up the canopy and goes about disguising it so that it can easily blend into the surroundings.

11. - Top - End - #41

PaladinGuy

Regal flies over head for a short time before the summoning wears of, then appears in his normal form near his tree. "Now that is a strange feeling" He shakes he head a bit then leaps into the air once more. "get some sleep little one. ill watch you tonight"

Spoiler: Regal
    Show
    Regal Summoning information on the OOC
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-11 at 10:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Lielta finishes preparing her camp for the night. She forgoes the hammock in favor of just laying beside Akara beneath the canopy. Rain is not upon them, and she is to remain in the wilderness for quite some time longer. The moisture and dampness of the ground will not be a problem for her.

13. - Top - End - #43

PaladinGuy

The sky starts to get dark, stars fill the clear nights sky. Regal watches over you as you fall asleep with Akara. the night goes by uneventful, other then some owl calls every so often.

14. - Top - End - #44

In the morning, Lielta wakes up and makes sure to stir Akara if the shewolf is not already awakened. She looks up to see if Regal has returned but otherwise goes through some stretches and then settles down for morning meditation, spell preparation and prayer to Fharlanghn for safe exploration. She prepares entirely a grouping of spells to speak with potential friends.

~~~

Lielta, what's the weather today? (1d20+10)[25]
    Let's eat today too (1d20+10)[30]

15. - Top - End - #45

PaladinGuy

Lielta and Akara both wake up together, and are able to find some food to start the day. you make a nice meal for both of you out of things found around the forest and food saved from yesterday. you can smell a hint of moisture in the air, and thing it might start to rain near the end of the day.
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-12 at 12:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Drackstin View Post
    ...you can smell a hint of motorist in the air...
    Ooo, darn those motorists fouling up the air everywhere they go!
    ~~~

For her, she intends to spend the day looking for more creatures to attract, though she's content for the time being with Regal and Lobo. She does intend to return to Lobo and summon him using the green-binding so that he can anticipate the change and the apparent discomfort it brings.

~~~
    Survival for finding new critters, looking perhaps for a mouse, rabbit, dire rat, eagle, raven or crow. (1d20+10)[12]

17. - Top - End - #47

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Correction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by An Amy View Post
    Ooo, darn those motorists fouling up the air everywhere they go!
    ~~~
    sorry, i posted from my phone, should have been "moisture"

As you search the forest you encounter some spider webs laying on the ground. Once you notice them, you can see them all around you but you don't see the creator, although you do see a small cave in farther where the web seems to tunnel.

18. - Top - End - #48

Lielta tries to discern what kind of spider could leave these webs. She's mostly concerned if there's a chance she could be the target prey for such. Either way, she's not very keen on disturbing the work of a spider having already built the web that morning.

~~

Knowledge Nature (1d20+9)[25]

19. - Top - End - #49

PaladinGuy

From what you can tell, it looks like just the work of a common forest spider, but the size of the web makes you uneasy, too large to be from a slandered forest spider.

Perception check (spot or listen).
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-12 at 01:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Perception: (1d20+8)[24]

21. - Top - End - #51

PaladinGuy

Along with examining the webs you were able to see a shadow and react fast enough to not get surprised. from the tree tops a Spider about your size drops down from overhead. it slams down behind you.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    roll for initiative

22. - Top - End - #52

"Spider!" Lielta lets out as she reacts in time.

Initiative: (1d20+3)[5]

23. - Top - End - #53

PaladinGuy

Initiative: (1d20+3)[16]

Although your able to react in time to get away from its ambush the spider still gets the jump on you and lunges as you.
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-13 at 11:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

PaladinGuy

Bite (1d20+4)[12]
    Spoiler: If hit
    Show
    Damage (1d6)[3] DC 12 fort save

25. - Top - End - #55

"Akara!" Lielta calls out as she moves back from the spider, narrowly missed by its attack. She feels apprehensive about calling Lobo... since she hadn't yet introduced him to the plant binding, but she also doesn't want to bring Regal into the picture just yet. The bird is resting for the day. With such a surprise, she tries to keep her wits about her and examine what her attacker is truly capable of.

~~~

5ft step back.
    Instruct Akara to attack, a learned trick. Bite (1d20+3)[16] (1d6+1)[2] (trip?) (1d20+1)[5]
    Knowledge Nature, (1d20+9)[14]

26. - Top - End - #56

PaladinGuy

Akara bites down on the spider and gets its attention. but she fails to trip the beast. It jumps at Akara and tries to strike her.

Bite (1d20+4)[20]
    Show
    (1d6)[1] DC 12 poison

In the moment of battle, all you can remember about these type of beasts, is that they have a poison that renders the body frail.

27. - Top - End - #57

Akara HP 12/13, Fort save (1d20+5)[17]; bite (1d20+3)[5] (1d6+1)[5]; trip (1d20+1)[13]
    Lielta HP (8+?), Sling attack (1d20+4)[20] (1d4-1)[0]
    ~~~

Lielta is not used to combat at all... too polite perhaps to even call the new allies she's made and hesitates on other actions, having forgotten her sling until that moment. Not that it's terribly effective. She and Akara can easily outrun this spider if it comes down to that, though. But with a bit of poison on her companion, she's hesitant to remain any longer than the next few seconds.

28. - Top - End - #58

PaladinGuy

Akara shakes off bite from the spider and lunges forward, but she misses the spider. Trying to help you wind up your sling but the stone bounces off. you can see an opening that you can run from the beast, but your not sure how long it will follow you. The spider rears up and tries to strike Akara again.

Bite (1d20+4)[10]
    Show
    damage (1d6)[6] dc12 poison

29. - Top - End - #59

Lielta sees that it would be better to flee, run away and no further disturb. The spider is a predator awaiting a meal to be ensnared in its webs. No more, no less. Though, being targeted as prey, Lielta's under every obligation to do her best to avoid being taken.

"Akara, if we cannot dissuade it in the next few seconds, we flee."

~~~
    Akara bite (1d20+3)[18] (1d6+1)[6] (trip (1d20+1)[16])
    Lielta (5ft back, sling) (1d20+4)[6] (1d4-1)[1]
    (minimum damage rule would state that Lielta did at least 1 damage with her sling the last time, right?)

30. - Top - End - #60

PaladinGuy

Akara's bite hurts the spider more then it was expecting, Akara took the opportunity and grabbed one of its legs and pulled it to the ground. The spiders body hits the ground hard. its looks very weak, but even in its more vulnerable state you miss your shot. The spider tries to get back up leaving itself open for Akara again.

Spoiler: Answer
    Show
    Yes you did just 1 damage even though you rolled a 0
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-15 at 11:00 AM.