The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Gestalt Wrath of the Righteous IC

Roaring his disapproval, Jonas stabs down with his sword and kicks his leg up, trying to fling the little nasty away and off of his body. This would be his reaction even if the others have already slain the giant fly larva.

Spoiler: Stabby Stab
    Show

Stabby Stab! - (1d20+4)[8]
    Right in his Bug Lung - (1d8+3)[9]

Confirm - (1d20+4)[21]
    Gibbly Bits - (1d8+3)[9]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The maggot just slips around Thruffgar's, with an unexpected agility.
    Shyndra has more luck, landing a very solid shot with her bow, though it doesn't seem dead yet.
    Jonas wild movements work against him as he simply stand the ground.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Jumping slightly at the sight of the disgusting maggots, Arkine swiftly recovered. Seeing one of the bugs get cut down by her new companions, she charged at the other with her weapon drawn, seeking to cut the thing in two.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charge at the maggot, gaining a +2 bonus to attack and a -2 penalty to AC.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]

Edit: forgot to add the bonuses from Divine Favor. 17 for attack and 13 for damage.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-11-06 at 11:30 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arkine's blade whips through the air cutting a great slash into the final maggot, which falls still as its guts coat the floor.

Spoiler: Kanthus
    Show
    That deathwatch of yours will tell you that Aravashnial is fragile if you look in his direction.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2019-11-06 at 06:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Seeing the light had vacated both grotesqueries, Kanthus wastes no time in darting forward to reclaim her dagger from the corpse. After wiping the ichor off of it, instinct makes her keep at the ready as she turns to greet the others in the cave; while they'd certainly worked together against the maggots, she didn't know these people, even the dwarf who'd tried to greet her right when this whole mess had started.

"Hey," she says lamely, eyes taking in the rest of the cave, or as much as she could see in the darkness. Sweeping over her newfound fellows in adversity, she frowns as she sees light close to guttering out in one. "You need rest, or healing," she bluntly states as she points her dagger at Aravashniel, before putting it down, embarrassed as she focused on his actual features and took in the ruin of his eyes. Her eyes dart wildly over all the others. "He's on his last legs, if anyone can heal him. I'm Kanthus, by the way. Um ... hi?"

6. - Top - End - #36

SolithKnightGuy

Jonas busies himself field dressing the trifle of a wound he had received from the creatures rasping mouth. It was bleeding a bit more than he was comfortable with. He tore a strip of cloth from his cloak and made what some would call a bandage. It would certainly do the job of keeping it cleaner, and staunching some blood flow. ”If someone has the power to heal, Mrs Tirablade could be up and going with a helping hand. I figure she needs just a bit more magic to set her bones to rights. Though if our elven friend may need the help more. As I said earlier I’m Jonas. The one with the bow is my cousin Shyndra. We are Hunters”

The last bit was spoken as if the name should mean something to the others. Full of pride and beaming just a bit.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

“I am Arkine Cozedros, a warrior and a mage” Arkine says, introducing herself while cleaning maggot guts off of her blade. She walks over to the injured elf and places a hand over the man’s chest. Divine energy flows from her body to his, knitting his wounds and staunching his bleeding, although Arkine cannot help restore his eyes. “I can serve as your eyes, Aravashnial. Once we’re all relatively safe, I can help heal you more.” At this, she pauses briefly. “What do you know of these tunnels? More specifically, what’s down here?”

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+1)[7]
    Diplomacy (if needed): (1d20+8)[24]
    Chaotic Good, probably

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Aravashnial mere states "I'd have thought that was quite obvious, now are we going to do something about the situation?"
    Arkine's healing definitely helps (he's no longer on death's door) though he's far from at full strength.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just saying he's not full health, nothing special like Anevia, unless you count the blindness.

He responds well to the request for advice, promise of healing and someone finally acquiescing to his request.
    "I would assume we have fallen into the network of underground caverns, tunnels and catacombs upon which Kenabres is built, many were constructed during the first crusade as storage or sewers, and other, deeper passages lead as far down as the Darklands, specifically Nar-Voth, it is unlikely we are quite that deep, thankfully."

Anevia also speaks up "I'd be happy to serve as Aravashnial's assistant, there's little I can do in a fight with my injured leg and lack of arrows, but you seemed quite competent with that maggot."

Aravashnial also informs the party of his current spells and those from items he has. "Perhaps it would be easier to plan if we knew what resources we each had."
    Spoiler: These
    Show
    This is because he's been made friendly that's 2/3 NPCs already.
    0th: detect magic, detect fiendish presence, acid splash and resistance (detect spells work just fine blind as far as I'm concerned btw)
    1st: Mage armour, summon minor monster x2, protection from evil, obscuring mist
    2nd: summon monster 2 x3, levitate, resist energy
    3rd: summon monster 3 x2, magic circle against evil, heroism
    potion of cure light wounds, potions of cure moderate wounds (2), scroll of dispel magic, scrolls of grease (2), scroll of web, wand of false life (20 charges)
    He's also got his bonded quarterstaff.
    He's too blind to use a spellbook, so he's not regaining spells until someone gets him a regenerate.

9. - Top - End - #39

Devil

Shyndra considers the situation and suggests, "Unless somebody has a better plan, I suggest I might scout ahead. My eyes are twice as strong as most in the dark and I can scout without projecting light that would otherwise alert anything down here that might cause us harm. Sound like a plan?"

Spoiler: Potential Actions
    Show
    If the party agrees, I will take 10 on Stealth and Perception 17 for both

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

10. - Top - End - #40

Gisela moved closer to her sister once the maggots had been dispatched.

"Information is the key to success. Just be careful, with the chaos above, enemies could have also fallen into these tunnels."

She touched her hand to her chest and looked toward the group, offering her own introduction.

"I'm Gisela, by the way. This one's sister. I've some talent in the arcane as well."

11. - Top - End - #41

RangerGuy

Thruffgar nods at the suggestion to scout ahead. "Aye, scoutin' ahead be the prudent path."

With the foe dispatched, he sheathes his rapier again.

"Good ta meet ye all, though I be wishin' it were under better circumstances."

12. - Top - End - #42

Devil

Shyndra moves ahead of the party carefully, allowing her senses to passively take in the environment as she maintains a modicum of stealth.

Spoiler
    Show
    As mentioned before, taking 10 on Perception and Stealth, so 17 for both

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

13. - Top - End - #43

SolithKnightGuy

Jonas would move forward with his cousin, separate of course, she was the better sneak and scout. He was about thirty feet or so back, his weapons ready if he needed to rush forward to support Shyndra.

Show

Taking ten on both actions leaves me with 16s for both perception and stealth.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There are two passages, both to leading east. Relatively straight paths (straight enough to see down at least) lead each way, it's 40ft before the northern one opens to a room and just 20 for the southern, so you can see into either.

Spoiler: Northern description
    Show
    This smaller cavern appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite.

Spoiler: Southern description
    Show
    A stone ledge juts out at a right angle on the south wall of this cavern, fourteen feet off the ground. The leather strap of a backpack hangs from the edge of the ledge, while above, a narrow fissure yawns up into the dark. You can't reach the ledge from the ground.

15. - Top - End - #45

Devil

Shyndra heads towards the southern opening, slowly and stealthily.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

She reaches the southern room with no surprises.

17. - Top - End - #47

Devil

Seeing no apparent danger, Shyndra looks around to see if the room has any paths leading out of it, or possibly if there may be some method to reach the ledge. If there is no other passages that lead further into the catacombs, Shyndra considers using some of the rubble in the Northern passageway to form a makeshift step to reach the height of the aforementioned ledge, requesting help from the others if necessary. She intends to look for a simpler way out first to progress further, however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still rocking the take 10 on Stealth and Perception

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

18. - Top - End - #48

Once the others had cleared the southern passage as safe and mentioned the pack hanging from the ledge, Gisela held up the dragon's scale that had been given to her.

"I can use this to reach the backpack fairly easily..."

While unsure of how to activate the scale initially, it became obvious that it only required the will to be utilized. The mists soon gathered and she was lifted upon a cloud, despite being below the ground. Once she had grasped the bag, she concentrated on lowering herself back down.

Gisela handed the bag off to the others, having little interest in digging her hands through such things.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Backpack
    Show
    The pack is a masterwork backpack that contains 10 days of trail rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows, a potion of cure light wounds, and a potion of lesser restoration

That seems to be about it for that room, your best guess is that this is one of many cracks opened by the rift up top, and some unfortunate individual dropped their pack into on of the rifts.

Spoiler: Mystery rolls
    Show
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (1d20+6)[10]
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (1d20+6)[13]

There's something moving in the refuse in the first passage and you notice something shiny, it's hard to tell without proper lighting, but it looks like jewelry.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2019-11-15 at 04:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

SolithKnightGuy

Jonas keeps up with Shyndra ready for trouble. He motions reassurance to the group as he and his cousin move back and forth between the two small rooms.

21. - Top - End - #51

Devil

Seeing the squirming in the refuse, Shyndra draws her bow ready to fire as she motions to her cousin to inspect it, along with the amulet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bow is drawn for a readied action should anything threatening

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Can't ready outside of combat, though you could try to sneak up on it for a surprise round.

23. - Top - End - #53

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Can't ready outside of combat, though you could try to sneak up on it for a surprise round.
    Ok, then that.

Shyndra motions to her cousin to look at the pile of refuse stealthily so that whatever it is is not alerted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maintaining my take 10 on Stealth and Perception

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

24. - Top - End - #54

RangerGuy

While waiting for the scouts to finish their business, Thruffgar comments to the others, "So, wha' d'ye think be 'appenin' up there right now? Think there'll be anythin' left when we get out?"

He pauses a moment, thinking of his family and the tavern.

"...hope they be alright."

25. - Top - End - #55

SolithKnightGuy

Jonas’ easy smile firms into a hard lined grimace as he notes the movement in the pile of trash near the old campfire. Giant maggots again? His calf still throbbed in occasional pain as he slinked around behind Shyn. He would be ready this time. He murmured a quick prayer to The Inheritor and moved towards the squirming pile. He intended to strike the pile, sword raised to kill the vermin inside.

”Of course my little cousin would send big brave me to handle the squirmy trash.” He chilled at his whispered joke as neared the pile. He knew he was the one best suited for this bit of exploring, it’s why he had followed her after all.

Show
    Activate and deactivate Luck. +2 to most things for 3 rounds as he searches the refuse or fights with a tricky maggot/rat/ghost.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As Jonas closes in on the pile he spots one cockroach, which doesn't seem to notice him or Shyndra, but as he prepares to strike as second bursts out, which did seem to have noticed their approach. He recognises them as giant hissing cockroaches, vermin found in much the same locals as their smaller kin and known for the unnerving hissing sound they make.

Spoiler: Initiative order
    Show

Everyone's rolled here for convenience, but only Jonas, Shydra and the cockroaches are actually in combat, though once they've acted we'll just assume you're on the ball enough to help, this fight is extra loud.

Kanthus 24
    Arkine 16.04
    Giant Hissing Cockroach2 16.01
    Anevia 14
    Shyndra 7
    Thruffgar 6
    Gisela 5
    Jonas 4
    Giant Hissing cockroach1 2
    Aravashnial 1
    Horgus 0

The cockroach emits a horrible hissing sound, which Jonas recalls is made by air passing through the many pores on its body, before he can really contemplate this it lunges at him. He easily ignores the hissing, but wasn't quite ready to dodge the attack and takes a solid hit.

Spoiler: Cockroach attack!
    Show
    The hissing is a sonic effect which causes those within 20ft to be shaken on a failed will save, Jonas knows this and knows that getting further away than that is the best way to shake it off, lucky he has bardic knowledge since apparently noone has ranks in knowledge nature.
    Will Save (1d20+6)[26]
    Attack (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage (1d6+3)[8]

Well that's Jonas staggered at 0hp

Shyndra is up next, followed by Jonas, though order doesn't really matter. Then the other roach, then it's normal initiative.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2019-11-19 at 06:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Devil

Shyndra knocks an arrow, taking a moment to analyze her target for any weak spots to target before letting loose and arrow.

Show
    Taking a move action to study the target.
    Attack using Deadly Aim [roll]1d20+6[/roll%]
    Crit? (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage (1d8+3)[8]
    If crit, deal an additional (2d8+6)[18]

Also, taking a swift action to let the other characters know about what is happening.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

28. - Top - End - #58

Devil

Woops, attack roll (1d20+3)[19]

Edit - Woops again, should be 22
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-11-20 at 05:05 AM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

29. - Top - End - #59

SolithKnightGuy

Jonas brings his sword down on the roach that bit him. It’s mandibles we’re wedges on his boot, so a straight downward thrust seemed the most appropriate way to solve his current predicament. ”Be careful of the scream it lets out! It’s like a hearing a whole swarm of locusts at once, it will addle your mind!”

Show

If Im disabled/staggered , this puts me unconscious and at -1 hp

Attack
    (1d20+6)[16]
    Crit
    (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage
    (1d8+5)[10]
    Crit Damage
    (1d8+5)[9]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Shyndra's arrow finds its mark, easily penetrating the creature's armour, but it's still standing. Jonas makes a last desperate swing at the creature, landing a solid blow with his longsword, but the creature seems to be hanging in there, wounded nearly as bad as he is, with this last effort and his shouted warning he falls into unconsciousness.

The second cockroach charges through the air toward Shyndra, seeking a meal of its own.
    She also shrugs off the hissing. but with the added momentum from the charge the beast's jaws sink right into her left arm.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Shyndra's save vs the noise (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+5)[17] for (1d6+3)[6]

Spoiler: Initiative order
    Show

Kanthus 24
    Arkine 16.04
    Giant Hissing Cockroach2 16.01
    Anevia 14
    Shyndra 7
    Thruffgar 6
    Gisela 5
    Jonas 4
    Giant Hissing cockroach1 2
    Aravashnial 1
    Horgus 0

Arkine and Kanthus are up, Jonas is -1 and dieing, both cockroaches live.

Spoiler: Deathwatch
    Show
    The cockroach is fragile, but in positives, Jonas is dieing.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2019-11-20 at 12:25 PM.