New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Prison Escape IC

GG all. Lemur, you could always do Jeen a favour and stab Libro, 'cause Libro wins even if he's dead. You're either loved or vengeful, neither of which can help you at this point, so it's not as though you lose anything.

...aw hell, we might win this with exactly one townie left if you're vengeful. That'd be a damn close call.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

tongue Re: [WW/Mafia] Prison Escape IC

To the Wolf faction: if you do off Libro tonight, much appreciated. I can't really do anything to compensate ya, but... would if I could.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

End Of Night 3

Two prisoners cornered the remaining guard hidden among them. For one of them, it was merely business, but for another...it was revenge. flyinglemur never had a chance.

flyinglemur died. He was the Sadist.

Player Role Result
    BasketOfPuppies Internal Affairs Lost
    Caerulea Blood Brother Won
    DeTess Armed Rioter Won
    Elenna Inside Man Lost
    flat_footed Accountant Lost
    flyinglemur Sadist Lost
    JeenLeen Mafioso Lost
    Justicar Innocent Lost
    kgato503 Guard In Withdraw Won
    Libro Snitch Won
    The Outsider Avenger Won
    Unavenger Corrupt Guard Won
    Xihirli Blood Brother Won

Post-Game Comments

I probably need to change how I handle the Beast role. Of the two games I've run since I started doing this, not only has the Beast been the last wolf to die both times, but also both times the only people viable for the Beast Kill were already dead.

The first night went about as poorly for the wolves as it could've possibly gone. Seer, Armed Rioter, and Watcher all targeted Xihirli N1. DeTess/Armed Rioter is a bit grumpy about both Lovers names revealed since now it's a coin flip whether she'll successfully protect them from the nightkill, but it doesn't matter for two reasons: wolves blocked AR (so protection would've failed anyway), and wolves killed Guard In Withdraw (so she wasn't even protecting the right person to stop the nightkill anyway). Libro/Watcher sees that "Xihirli was targeted by only Unavenger and Libro", and since the wolves killed somebody else clearly, Watcher assumes Unavenger is Armed Rioter or some other townie role. Immediately shares this info with the Blood Brothers. Unavenger, meanwhile, learns that Xihirli is Town. They are presented with two scenarios: one, if Unavenger is the Guard In Withdraw, Xihirli is a wolf, and likely so is Caerulea, meaning that not only did one wolf out two wolves D1, but neither of the actual Blood Brothers counterclaimed? Or two, Caerulea is legit, Xihirli is legit, and Unavenger is the true Corrupt Guard.

And that's the story of how, coming right out of N1, town had a four-person network that included the Watcher, the Seer who knows they're the Seer, and two people who can 100% trust each other. This game if anything has shown off for me personally exactly why the Lovers having a starting town network, even a 2-person one, is dangerous enough to warrant a double-kill.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

Yeah we were super boned. It was still fun though.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

5. - Top - End - #155

WolfInSheepsClothing

I will admit, I wasn't quite sure whether or not we'd win at the end - namely, DeTess implying that she wasn't AR led me to think we might not have one.

Can we get a reveal on the other neutral roles?

Lastly: I would have laughed out loud, no matter what the role does, if I'd been given the avenger role. The irony!

(EDIT: Also, there's only a couple of players from this one who haven't signed up to my new one, but Imma be a bit naughty and post a link to it anyway).
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2019-11-13 at 06:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    I will admit, I wasn't quite sure whether or not we'd win at the end - namely, DeTess implying that she wasn't AR led me to think we might not have one.
    Good to see that little bit misdirection worked at least for one person. It wasn't really necessary at that point, but there's no reason not to keep up practice on the whole 'misdirect and confuse' front :P

Can we get a reveal on the other neutral roles?
    Based on the write-up mentioning two people putting flyinglemur down, I think the avenger needed to kill the sadist, and would have had a kill to do so.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

I escaped from prison! I may have died, but I...

Hmm.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #158

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Good to see that little bit misdirection worked at least for one person. It wasn't really necessary at that point, but there's no reason not to keep up practice on the whole 'misdirect and confuse' front :P

Based on the write-up mentioning two people putting flyinglemur down, I think the avenger needed to kill the sadist, and would have had a kill to do so.
    Mm, that's part of why I told the wolf to kill the snitch, so JeenLeen would have no reason to oppose the town any more if we didn't have an AR.

Yeah, probably, but it'd be interesting to see the fluff text on the last two roles.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, probably, but it'd be interesting to see the fluff text on the last two roles.
    JeenLeen/Mafioso

Mafioso - you were a big shot on the outside, but loose lips and greedy rats got you put away for life. The opportunity to escape is appreciated, but you've been keeping an ear to the ground...and the little snitch who got you locked up in the first place is in here too. With the network you've been working on all this time in shambles as it becomes every man for himself, now's your chance for a little revenge and a little freedom - if you can survive the night.

During the Night Phase, select one player; you learn whether they are the Snitch, or "somebody else". During the Day Phase, votes against you count 1 less, to a minimum of zero.

WIN CONDITION: survive + the Snitch is dead

The Outsider/Avenger

You weren't a great guy on the outside, but you were making a better life for yourself in here. Gonna get educated and healthy-ish, keep your head down and maybe get a good start once you got back on the outside. But at every turn, some worthless guard just kept insisting on making life miserable for you, for seemingly no reason. Maybe they just like making people suffer. Well, now the tables are turned, and you can try and track down your tormentor on your last night locked up.

Armed Rioter – you managed to secure a gun during the riot. You don’t dare reveal you have a weapon lest they think you are a guard, but you can at least try to finish off a guard when the lights darken.

During Night Phase, you can either kill or scry one person. If you choose to scry, you will receive either "Sadist" or "someone else".

WIN CONDITION: survive + the Sadist is killed (not necessarily by you, just in general).

EDIT: And yeah, that means this game could've been even shorter if the three kill powers floating around had been less circumspect
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-11-13 at 09:40 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #160
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Well! Who killed me?

Nice job, town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Well! Who killed me?
    That was me. I was going to shoot someone in the group of 3 I reckoned suspicious, and based just on general activity, I reckoned you'd be the most difficult person to discuss and form a proper read on, so that'd have made you a fairly safe scapegoat for the elims if you where town/neutral, or a rather quiet and low info lynch if you weren't.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cool, great game everyone.

So, I gotta ask, was the reason I died N1 due to something I said, or did the RNG just hate me this game?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    Cool, great game everyone.

So, I gotta ask, was the reason I died N1 due to something I said, or did the RNG just hate me this game?
    Basically DeTess said this
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Now, I'm leaning slightly town on kgato. When they switched off of Caerulea the votes had been tied, and a wolf might have tried to keep their vote there for as long as possible under the guise of 'didn't see the claim untill too late'.That does slightly depend on whether kgato's schedule and posting times are a known quantity here. If he's know for beigna round each day at certain times then that's a fairly poor defense, and wolf!kgato wouldn't have been abel to get away with keeping their vote.
    and we figured that for lack of better ideas we might as well kill people who looked towny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The first night went about as poorly for the wolves as it could've possibly gone. Seer, Armed Rioter, and Watcher all targeted Xihirli N1. DeTess/Armed Rioter is a bit grumpy about both Lovers names revealed since now it's a coin flip whether she'll successfully protect them from the nightkill, but it doesn't matter for two reasons: wolves blocked AR (so protection would've failed anyway), and wolves killed Guard In Withdraw (so she wasn't even protecting the right person to stop the nightkill anyway).
    *infinite facepalming*
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    *infinite facepalming*
    For real. If you skipped voiding DeTess and nightkilled Caerulea...who knows. Seer immediately learns they're the Seer, but has nobody to network with. Watcher sees DeTess/Unavenger both target Xihirli, and thinks at least one of them is a wolf, making even a three-person network difficult. Of course, what ifs aren't worth much; just as easily, what if DeTess didn't stutter when shooting N2 and switch from Wolf to Town-Aligned Neutral? One of the anti-wolf neutrals scried the wrong wolf N2, but what if they didn't?

Things to be learned from this game, but anything beyond "kill the lovers" is hard to be sure of. I'm not even sure how much is really a learning experience for me - it all seems obvious, but then I have bird's eye view. >.>

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

GG all, was fun.
    I probably need to change how I handle the Beast role. Of the two games I've run since I started doing this, not only has the Beast been the last wolf to die both times, but also both times the only people viable for the Beast Kill were already dead.
    Seems a mix of bad fortune, and the beast’s power not packing enough fear. I’d start with making it target any living townie at random.

Otherwise, maybe give the beast another power or replace the beast with another traditional wolf role. The Alpha (scry as town despite being wolf) and Vortexer seem like fun ones that haven’t been drawn upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    *infinite facepalming*
    Yeah, it was crazy.

I now expect an equal magnitude fail in my next WW game, to make up for that stroke of fortune.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

During the last Night, did a power block the wolves' night kill, or did it just not get put it by the wolves?

Even if the Sadist power didn't activate, shouldn't the night kill have killed one of the town?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    During the last Night, did a power block the wolves' night kill, or did it just not get put it by the wolves?

Even if the Sadist power didn't activate, shouldn't the night kill have killed one of the town?
    It's possible it's not how it works in other versions of the game, but the way I've been playing it is that Vig kill kicks in before wolfkill. This is because...normally, anyway...Vig is kinda firing blindly while wolfkill is tactically aimed, possibly by a group. Vig-kill is less likely to matter by default, so it gets to fire first in case that matters. Of course, in this game...that's not quite how it worked out. Still, something to consider when balancing future games.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

It's possible it's not how it works in other versions of the game, but the way I've been playing it is that Vig kill kicks in before wolfkill. This is because...normally, anyway...Vig is kinda firing blindly while wolfkill is tactically aimed, possibly by a group. Vig-kill is less likely to matter by default, so it gets to fire first in case that matters. Of course, in this game...that's not quite how it worked out. Still, something to consider when balancing future games.
    This is an upgrade for the vig-kill, as it will also roleblock the wolf-kill, which can matter a lot in the late game (and means that the game might need to continue 1-2 cycles longer in case the vigilante gets lucky with their kills after parity is reached). I've mostly seen it played that all kills happen simultaneously (and I've been part of a mutual kill at least once). However, you should definitely run it the way you think/know works.