New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Borderlands2: Caustic Caverns: is this area reachable ?

So I've been playing BL2 over the years, and been mucking about it on it again with my friend. Working on 2nd play through (True Vault Hunter mode), and working on the Lost Treasure mission.

Got up to the raised area where the final treasure is, and off the side, is a bridge jutting out over the acid lake. The railway is broken, and so far I've been unable to make the jump (and I've never been successfuly with grenade boosted jumps - especially with Kreig :) )

So I was just wondering, has anyone managed to get across this bridge? Is there anything on the other side? (it doesn't seem there is, but I can make out a door ... likely just background).
    But with all the secret areas in the game, am curious if it's even possible to get over there ;)

Last edited by The_Ditto; 2019-11-01 at 12:12 PM.
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Borderlands2: Caustic Caverns: is this area reachable ?

I don't know that its reachable, but I believe Krieg in particular actually has knockback resistance and a faster fall speed to help him stay in melee compared to the other characters.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

If that's the place I'm remembering, you can get there.

There's nothing worth the effort. I think there may be a white chest?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I don't know that its reachable, but I believe Krieg in particular actually has knockback resistance and a faster fall speed to help him stay in melee compared to the other characters.
    Yeah, I know that much . ;) can't get on the Happy Pig either .. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    If that's the place I'm remembering, you can get there.

There's nothing worth the effort. I think there may be a white chest?
    Cool thanks ... mostly just curious .. I had never really noticed it before .. and after some searches, I didn't see any reference to it .. so wasn't sure. I'll have to get my friend to try, he has a Zero levelled up .. I only have Kreig at the moment .. ;) heh

Thanks!
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

I feel like there was a challenge associated with getting up there (could be a different section of the overpass though) and the way you did it was by being on a popping green bubble. I don't recall there being anything of note on it.
    Read a finished campaign journal of a homebrew Ravenloft game here