The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: High level 'evil' 5e game.

Hmmm... does anyone know any good Homebrew that will give me fun things to play around with the Find Greater Steed spell? I rather want to play a Mounted Character, but the Paladin doesn't really have the spells to support a steed, and the Bard... just isn't really want I'm looking for either if I'm entirely honest.

Spoiler: Rolling
    Show
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[5]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[11]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

@Storyteller_Arc: That depends on what you're looking to play. My Beastmaster or it's various spin-offs would work somewhat but... that's already what I'm doing. *shrug*
    If you want to play as a spellcaster my Summoner or Black Mage (Conjurer archetype) those both have access to the spell.
    My Red Mage (Mystic Knight) would work if you wanted to do a hybrid spellcaster/weapon user.... but it doesn't have Find Greater Steed on its spell list.

I don't really follow the homebrew scene though. So if none of that is what you're looking for, more than likely someone else here will have a suggestion or two.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-11-05 at 07:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Is Myth-weavers hating you a temporary thing, or should I put my sheet on something else?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

4. - Top - End - #34

@SunderedWorldDM: I know you said probably no to my races, but how would you feel about the Miqo'te specifically? For currently undisclosed for no particular reason reasons, they'd fit the flavor of the character I'm going for especially well.

Also you noted we only have starting gear wealth, so I assume those of us who need armor are going to need to find money/armor in game to get up to our desired mundane armor situations?

Edit: Also wondering what types of monsters you expect us to see a lot of. Would Fiends and/or Aberrations be good guesses? Asking because Beastmaster has a feature that involves picking a non-humanoid non-dragon creature type to have certain advantages against.

Edit 2: Can I give my cat familiar darkvision (30 feet)? Because why don't they already have this?
    Give me just a moment to take a closer look at the Miqo'te specifically and I can get you an answer lickity split.

You can choose either to choose your class starting equipment or take the gold. But yes, getting gold for armor probably won't take you too long in a game this high of level.

Both of those are fair guesses. I don't want to tip all my hand just yet, but fiends and monstrosities are probably the most common on the Coast. Aberrations aren't too far behind.

Sure, your cat can have darkvision.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    I'd looooove to play a warlock boosted with some stuff from the newest UA -https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/class-feature-variants

Is it allowed? Concept is a sniper/controller warlock who focuses on light and flames
    I haven't yet checked out this UA, but once I do, I'll give a certain answer. I'm going to say a soft no for now, as from what I've seen and heard it's not really a new 'version' of these classes, but just little mechanical boosts, if I understand correctly? Once I check it out tonight or tomorrow I can be more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Is Myth-weavers hating you a temporary thing, or should I put my sheet on something else?
    MythWeavers has always hated me, but I don't really need to see your full character sheet, I trust you. Just race class backstory is all I need!
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

5. - Top - End - #35

To avoid having my final opinions buried in a wall of edits.

Rasmus, I'm absolutely fine with the Miqo'te. Would it thematically/flavor-wise make sense for them to be some subrace of tabaxi? I don't know much about the source material, but I'm curious about what aspect of the race makes them appealing to you so that I know what can thematically can be altered.

Heavenblade, just looked at the UA. You (or anyone) can most certainly use those features, but I reserve the right to tweak them if they prove unbalanced!
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SunderedWorldDM View Post
    Ramsus, I'm absolutely fine with the Miqo'te. Would it thematically/flavor-wise make sense for them to be some subrace of tabaxi? I don't know much about the source material, but I'm curious about what aspect of the race makes them appealing to you so that I know what can thematically can be altered.
    I'm perfectly fine with them being a sub-race of tabaxi or pretty much anything. Having any of the races/classes fit in whatever setting is why I didn't give them a bunch of specific flavor. Appearance wise Miqo'te are your standard anime cat people.
    Mechanically what I needed was the stats being other than what tabaxi has going on, cat and the fishing feature is particularly helpful for the flavor I'm going for.
    In case it's not clear, I'm going for something a bit... silly.
    (Really, my sillyness gauge is so high with this character I almost asked if the familiar cat could have training in Intimidation. )

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...7&postcount=18

Can't say it's done, as I'll probably come dribble more words at random intervals... but it certainly is up for a mild perusal ;)

P.S.: is there any reason we can't simply have any armor we want / any weapon within reason? By level 15... I mean at level 15 a bard can just TALK his way into stuff he wants.

Likewise, spell components, alcohol, etc. Just... would any evil lvl 15 character not be able to just take things?
    Last edited by Joeluma; 2019-11-05 at 11:11 PM.
    "A troubled mind is the first sign of intelligence."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Make way for General Dream of House Mungo!

I know she might not seem "evil" but this is mostly a product of keeping the backstory short and not making a point on how many of her own House's people let alone enemy forces she's killed or maimed without really caring. So, she's more "selfish and thoughtless evil" than "nefarious" or "disturbing" evil, but I figure other people will cover those well enough.
    As for why I went with "General" it's because I basically picture her as something like one of "the Four Demon Kings/Generals" type of characters if she was part of some hero's story to defeat the Demon Lord. Also works as a magical girl villain since she literally makes monsters of out the stuff of nightmares.

Spoiler: Info for SunderedWorldDM
    Show

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Ignore the phone as this otherwise pretty well captures the essence of the character. While awake anyway.

Height: 4'11

Personality/Flaws
    Hedonistic, lazy, adventurous, playful, absent minded, can and probably will sleep pretty much anywhere.
    Fantastic chef.

Ideals
    Might. In life as in war, the stronger force wins.

Bonds
    House Mungo... in the general overall sense. Not the individuals.

Backstory (Sorry I couldn't manage just 2 paragraphs.)
    Dream was born to the role of basically humanoid house cat/cook's assistant. She didn't even have a name for the first few years of her life and has no idea who her parents are or if she has siblings, though she assumes probably so somewhere. Not that she cares too much. Mostly she cared about eating, playing, and sleeping. Despite her lack of putting in an effort and usually talking about her dreams like they were as important and real as anything else going on, she quickly out-paced the cook's skill much to their aggravation.

One day, when she was somewhere around nine, one of the house Mungo soldiers came into the kitchen and saw her sleeping there when she was supposed to be making food for a feast they were having. He went to kick her, but before the blow could land a Hell Hound appeared and ripped the offending leg off. Apparently Dream's 'imaginary dream friend' apparently was real and she could pull them out of the realm of dreams and into the physical world. Long story short, she more or less accidentally rose through the ranks in House Mungo by way of being underestimated by both herself and others and on the backs of their dead or mangled bodies. Despite the fact that once people began taking her seriously, she still didn't and would often sleep through instructions and just wind up doing whatever she thought she should be or felt like instead. Typically leaving a trail of destruction in her wake which usually was at least tangentially related to what she was supposed to be doing.

At this point Dream has risen to the, very important note here, in name only, rank of General. More someone to tell to go face the latest challenging "hero" than someone to even consider given command over a large number of soldiers. Unless the goal is to have them really well fed and then probably lead to completely the wrong direction. Especially considering information like despite fact that it is not something that humanoids need or even should be capable of doing, Dream has managed to hibernate through the winter on more than one occasion.

Dream's entourage
    Rem: 'imaginary dream friend' come to life. Currently in the form of a Spider Shark (some weird monster from a Dragon Magazine that I thought was too funny/different from what other people want to do that I couldn't resist it being the first form to show up as).

Nap: Cat familiar. A toyger with standard tiger-stripe like appearance. Friendly, playful, namesake's a lot, sometimes roars or otherwise behaves like an actual (though less loud and slightly more high pitched) tiger.

Sleepnear: Nightmare mount. Nice and warm for flying through the air nap times!

Magic Item (mainly used the Staff of the Woodlands as the model)
    Rest: A weapon whose appearance resembles a mix between a staff and a crossbow that launches bolts of nightly terrors made manifest. The bow's arches are made of ebony while the body is made of ivory. Or rather it is made of dreamstuff that appears that way.
    In an effort to gain peaceful sleep during a particularly fitful sleep one night, Dream accidentally pulled the restless dreamstuff wholly out of the realm of dreams. She awoke to find she had somehow formed her nightmares and anxieties into a magical weapon. She just accepted this without question or concern and its become her signature weapon ever since.

Heavy crossbow/staff, martial weapon, melee, ranged weapon (100/400 feet), heavy, loading, two-handed, Major, Rare (Requires Attunement)
    This heavy crossbow grants a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. While holding it, you have a +1 bonus to spell attack rolls.
    Ranged and melee weapon attacks with the crossbow deal psychic damage instead of piercing or bludgeoning and do not require ammunition, though mundane and magical ammunition may be used if desired.
    The crossbow has 9 charges for the following properties. It regains 1d6+3 expended charges daily at dawn.
    --Spells--
    You can use an action to expend 1 or more of the crossbow's charges to cast one of the following spells from it, using your spell save DC: sleep (1+ charges), sudden awakening (1 charge), catnap (3 charges), fear (3 charges), dream (5 charges), find greater steed (5 charges)
    When casting Find Greater Steed from this crossbow you summon a Nightmare instead of one of the creatures listed by the spell.
    You may expend additional charges to cast Sleep at a higher level, 1 charge per level.
    You can also use a reaction to cast the Feather Fall spell from the crossbow without using any charges.

Spoiler: In case you don't get the joke of the item's name
    Show

It's Rest as in Rest in Peace.... but purposely missing the in Peace part.
    Ok not the world's best joke, admittedly, but it fit with the theme and is has suitably subtly ominous intent.

Mechanical stuff of note
    Str: 10
    Dex: 15
    Con: 16
    Int: 11
    Wis: 20
    Chr: 12

Went with Fiends for the Trainer feature.

Trained Skills: Insight, Perception, Survival, Animal Handling (< +10), Nature (+5), Stealth (+7)

Tool Profs: Cook's utensils (+15)

Languages: Common, Infernal, Abyssal

Feats: Resilience: Con, Gourmand

Background Feature: By Popular Demand (modified slightly): You can always find a place to cook, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble's court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and ingredients of a modest or comfortable standard or better (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you cook each night. In addition, your cooking makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have cooked, they typically take a liking to you.

Spells
    Cantrips: Thorn Whip, Prestidigitation, Thaumaturgy, 4th is either Mending or Druidcraft depending on what other party members end up with.
    1st level: Goodberry, Arcane Weapon, Sanctuary
    2nd level: Lesser Restoration, Healing Spirit, Zone of Truth
    3rd level: Conjure Animals, Remove Curse, Protection from Energy, Revivify, Counterspell, Galder's Tower
    Rituals: Find Familiar, Unseen Servant

Equipment
    Magic item, Chain Shirt, Dagger, a book on game animals, herbs, and spices, military saddle, and a lot of other stuff including fishing tackle, hunting traps, soap, and every spice listed under Trade Goods so I figure I'm covered for seasoning food between that and cook's utensils.
    3 silver, 6 copper (a record high at character creation for me, lol! ... because it's usually 0 everything or maybe just a few copper.)
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-11-06 at 12:21 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Colossus in the Playground

Thinking of playing a cleric of the dreadsome daystar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

MythWeavers has always hated me, but I don't really need to see your full character sheet, I trust you. Just race class backstory is all I need!
    Well, okay. I suppose I'll summarize my build a bit so you know what the playstyle will look like.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm focused around minionmancy, either with permanent minions I re-up every night, like the two wights I can get with an upcast (8th level) Create Undead. I also have emergency minionmancy in the form of Summon Greater Demon and Danse Macabre, or as I like to call it, Thriller. For noncombat minions I have a flesh golem-style Homunculus named Leander (made of bones with vulture wing bones) and a Bat (fiend) familiar.
    Aside from that I've got utility, with teleport and Plane Shift for mobility and some rituals like Rary's, Leomund's, and the low level divinations.
    Show
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just going to see if the dice are nice...

Spoiler
    Show
    (4D6B3)[7]
    (4D6B3)[6]
    (4D6B3)[15]
    (4D6B3)[10]
    (4D6B3)[15]
    (4D6B3)[9]

Haha, wow, no they are not.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2019-11-06 at 01:52 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

I have the same question Bananaphone does...

Spoiler: Rollin Rollin Rollin Rawhiiiiiiide
    Show

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[17]

If the dice support it, is it okay if I use the Oath of Treachery from UA?

Edit: Given that I have a seventeen and nothing else of note, I think that's a moot point. I'll probably roll a wizard of some sort. Is public use of necromancy tolerated in this setting? Edit2: Or, even better, is it okay if I play a Lore Master?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-11-06 at 07:43 AM.
    Active Characters:
    Deon Wavewrath in Trials of Character
    D&D 5e Level 1 Classless Water Genasi

Jacques "Ombre" Fantome in Free Ferelden
    BoL Hack Level 2 Human "Hero"

Michel of House Cannis in Whitecliff: Abomination in The Slums
    D&D 5e Level 15 Lore Master Wizard

13. - Top - End - #43

Uuuuh, can I reroll that 5? The other results are fine by me, even if it gives me two very good stats and very normal other stats. Having a 5 for anything is likely going to hurt

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[9]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

So..
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2051704

This is what I have so far.
    I think she will be of RAVENTREE house.
    I use the mimicborn sorceror origin, Chronomancer wizard.
    And for the idea, I am devolping and could connect to the Chronomancer- https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/...e-you.html?m=1

I imagine her, raised in strange cult who does quite the wierd and disgusting things. (No one want to know, how Mimicborn are.. born)
    She used to be a criminal, and I thought, she found a library with tomes from the future, and lately her future self started to contact her, as her patron.

If it getting too crazy stop me.
    I think I'll repick her spells, using her magic search more and more power, and defeat her enemies in more shady and less flashy ways..
    Also low wisdom, I thought, that your mind isn't completly right when you mess up with time, and connect to your mimic genes.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

interested,
    questions on "UA" stuff recently twilight cleric, and rune knight were put into dnd beyond are you allowing either of those?
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    edit ... oops
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-06 at 07:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

sorry for the double post
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    edit ... not to bad
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-06 at 07:32 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Joeluma View Post
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...7&postcount=18

Can't say it's done, as I'll probably come dribble more words at random intervals... but it certainly is up for a mild perusal ;)

P.S.: is there any reason we can't simply have any armor we want / any weapon within reason? By level 15... I mean at level 15 a bard can just TALK his way into stuff he wants.

Likewise, spell components, alcohol, etc. Just... would any evil lvl 15 character not be able to just take things?
    Love the character! Do you mean to imply that the Order is associated with Mammon?

Also, about the resources: I'm going to say that for my own peace of mind, we'll have you start with just your starting equipment and the rare item. Last time I gave a big pile of starting gold, it generated a barrage of questions. Since it's such a high-level game, you'll probably get ridiculous sums pretty quickly anyway, as epic heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    I have the same question Bananaphone does...

Spoiler: Rollin Rollin Rollin Rawhiiiiiiide
    Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

If the dice support it, is it okay if I use the Oath of Treachery from UA?

Edit: Given that I have a seventeen and nothing else of note, I think that's a moot point. I'll probably roll a wizard of some sort. Is public use of necromancy tolerated in this setting? Edit2: Or, even better, is it okay if I play a Lore Master?
    Not in the wider world, but the anarchy and pervasive evil of the Coast makes it a natural fit for necromancy. Nobody here would bat an eye.

Lore master works for me!

Make way for General Dream of House Mungo!

I know she might not seem "evil" but this is mostly a product of keeping the backstory short and not making a point on how many of her own House's people let alone enemy forces she's killed or maimed without really caring. So, she's more "selfish and thoughtless evil" than "nefarious" or "disturbing" evil, but I figure other people will cover those well enough.
    As for why I went with "General" it's because I basically picture her as something like one of "the Four Demon Kings/Generals" type of characters if she was part of some hero's story to defeat the Demon Lord. Also works as a magical girl villain since she literally makes monsters of out the stuff of nightmares.

Spoiler: Info for SunderedWorldDM
    Show

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Ignore the phone as this otherwise pretty well captures the essence of the character. While awake anyway.

Height: 4'11

Personality/Flaws
    Hedonistic, lazy, adventurous, playful, absent minded, can and probably will sleep pretty much anywhere.
    Fantastic chef.

Ideals
    Might. In life as in war, the stronger force wins.

Bonds
    House Mungo... in the general overall sense. Not the individuals.

Backstory (Sorry I couldn't manage just 2 paragraphs.)
    Dream was born to the role of basically humanoid house cat/cook's assistant. She didn't even have a name for the first few years of her life and has no idea who her parents are or if she has siblings, though she assumes probably so somewhere. Not that she cares too much. Mostly she cared about eating, playing, and sleeping. Despite her lack of putting in an effort and usually talking about her dreams like they were as important and real as anything else going on, she quickly out-paced the cook's skill much to their aggravation.

One day, when she was somewhere around nine, one of the house Mungo soldiers came into the kitchen and saw her sleeping there when she was supposed to be making food for a feast they were having. He went to kick her, but before the blow could land a Hell Hound appeared and ripped the offending leg off. Apparently Dream's 'imaginary dream friend' apparently was real and she could pull them out of the realm of dreams and into the physical world. Long story short, she more or less accidentally rose through the ranks in House Mungo by way of being underestimated by both herself and others and on the backs of their dead or mangled bodies. Despite the fact that once people began taking her seriously, she still didn't and would often sleep through instructions and just wind up doing whatever she thought she should be or felt like instead. Typically leaving a trail of destruction in her wake which usually was at least tangentially related to what she was supposed to be doing.

At this point Dream has risen to the, very important note here, in name only, rank of General. More someone to tell to go face the latest challenging "hero" than someone to even consider given command over a large number of soldiers. Unless the goal is to have them really well fed and then probably lead to completely the wrong direction. Especially considering information like despite fact that it is not something that humanoids need or even should be capable of doing, Dream has managed to hibernate through the winter on more than one occasion.

Dream's entourage
    Rem: 'imaginary dream friend' come to life. Currently in the form of a Spider Shark (some weird monster from a Dragon Magazine that I thought was too funny/different from what other people want to do that I couldn't resist it being the first form to show up as).

Nap: Cat familiar. A toyger with standard tiger-stripe like appearance. Friendly, playful, namesake's a lot, sometimes roars or otherwise behaves like an actual (though less loud and slightly more high pitched) tiger.

Sleepnear: Nightmare mount. Nice and warm for flying through the air nap times!

Magic Item (mainly used the Staff of the Woodlands as the model)
    Rest: A weapon whose appearance resembles a mix between a staff and a crossbow that launches bolts of nightly terrors made manifest. The bow's arches are made of ebony while the body is made of ivory. Or rather it is made of dreamstuff that appears that way.
    In an effort to gain peaceful sleep during a particularly fitful sleep one night, Dream accidentally pulled the restless dreamstuff wholly out of the realm of dreams. She awoke to find she had somehow formed her nightmares and anxieties into a magical weapon. She just accepted this without question or concern and its become her signature weapon ever since.

Heavy crossbow/staff, martial weapon, melee, ranged weapon (100/400 feet), heavy, loading, two-handed, Major, Rare (Requires Attunement)
    This heavy crossbow grants a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. While holding it, you have a +1 bonus to spell attack rolls.
    Ranged and melee weapon attacks with the crossbow deal psychic damage instead of piercing or bludgeoning and do not require ammunition, though mundane and magical ammunition may be used if desired.
    The crossbow has 9 charges for the following properties. It regains 1d6+3 expended charges daily at dawn.
    --Spells--
    You can use an action to expend 1 or more of the crossbow's charges to cast one of the following spells from it, using your spell save DC: sleep (1+ charges), sudden awakening (1 charge), catnap (3 charges), fear (3 charges), dream (5 charges), find greater steed (5 charges)
    When casting Find Greater Steed from this crossbow you summon a Nightmare instead of one of the creatures listed by the spell.
    You may expend additional charges to cast Sleep at a higher level, 1 charge per level.
    You can also use a reaction to cast the Feather Fall spell from the crossbow without using any charges.

Spoiler: In case you don't get the joke of the item's name
    Show

It's Rest as in Rest in Peace.... but purposely missing the in Peace part.
    Ok not the world's best joke, admittedly, but it fit with the theme and is has suitably subtly ominous intent.

Mechanical stuff of note
    Str: 10
    Dex: 15
    Con: 16
    Int: 11
    Wis: 20
    Chr: 12

Went with Fiends for the Trainer feature.

Trained Skills: Insight, Perception, Survival, Animal Handling (< +10), Nature (+5), Stealth (+7)

Tool Profs: Cook's utensils (+15)

Languages: Common, Infernal, Abyssal

Feats: Resilience: Con, Gourmand

Background Feature: By Popular Demand (modified slightly): You can always find a place to cook, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble's court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and ingredients of a modest or comfortable standard or better (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you cook each night. In addition, your cooking makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have cooked, they typically take a liking to you.

Spells
    Cantrips: Thorn Whip, Prestidigitation, Thaumaturgy, 4th is either Mending or Druidcraft depending on what other party members end up with.
    1st level: Goodberry, Arcane Weapon, Sanctuary
    2nd level: Lesser Restoration, Healing Spirit, Zone of Truth
    3rd level: Conjure Animals, Remove Curse, Protection from Energy, Revivify, Counterspell, Galder's Tower
    Rituals: Find Familiar, Unseen Servant

Equipment
    Magic item, Chain Shirt, Dagger, a book on game animals, herbs, and spices, military saddle, and a lot of other stuff including fishing tackle, hunting traps, soap, and every spice listed under Trade Goods so I figure I'm covered for seasoning food between that and cook's utensils.
    3 silver, 6 copper (a record high at character creation for me, lol! ... because it's usually 0 everything or maybe just a few copper.)
    Oh my. That looks like a really fun character! It'll be interesting to see how she plays.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    So..
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2051704

This is what I have so far.
    I think she will be of RAVENTREE house.
    I use the mimicborn sorceror origin, Chronomancer wizard.
    And for the idea, I am devolping and could connect to the Chronomancer- https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/...e-you.html?m=1

I imagine her, raised in strange cult who does quite the wierd and disgusting things. (No one want to know, how Mimicborn are.. born)
    She used to be a criminal, and I thought, she found a library with tomes from the future, and lately her future self started to contact her, as her patron.

If it getting too crazy stop me.
    I think I'll repick her spells, using her magic search more and more power, and defeat her enemies in more shady and less flashy ways..
    Also low wisdom, I thought, that your mind isn't completly right when you mess up with time, and connect to your mimic genes.
    Wait, hold on, let me wrap my head around this... So you were born into a cult and became Mimicborn, then became a criminal until you met your future self in a library, who trained you as a wizard and acted as your warlock patron? That's SUPER cool.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    interested,
    questions on "UA" stuff recently twilight cleric, and rune knight were put into dnd beyond are you allowing either of those?
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    [roll]46b3[/roll]
    edit ... oops
    Yes, the Rune Knight and Twilight cleric are both on the table.
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-11-06 at 09:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh interesting tidbit about necromancy. In that case I will update Susie’s backstory and put the added bits in this tl;dr.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tl;dr:
    Susanna Naretzah comes from a family in the house Cannis, with a priest mother. After her mother’s death on Alloa business her father became obsessed with necromancy and replacing the gods, getting his thirteen year old daughter involved, too. They attempted to make him a lich, but the process failed and his body was destroyed, leaving only his still-beating heart behind.
    Her own necromancy has since impressed House Cannis, and her ability to “keep the peace” with her undead minions has impressed them greatly, though her disinterest in continuing the Naretzah family keeps them (read: her) from becoming prominent members of the house.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-11-06 at 09:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Oh interesting tidbit about necromancy. In that case I will update Susie’s backstory and put the added bits in this tl;dr.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tl;dr:
    Susanna Naretzah comes from a family in the house Cannis, with a priest mother. After her mother’s death on Asherah (goddess) business her father became obsessed with necromancy and replacing the gods, getting his thirteen year old daughter involved, too. They attempted to make him a lich, but the process failed and his body was destroyed, leaving only his still-beating heart behind.
    Her own necromancy has since impressed House Cannis, and her ability to “keep the peace” with her undead minions has impressed them greatly, though her disinterest in continuing the Naretzah family keeps them (read: her) from becoming prominent members of the house.
    That's a really cool idea! I love it.

In case anyone needs more information about the gods of my world, if you go into my extended signature and open the Sundered World spoiler, you'll see a link to a big table full of gods. If none of them suit your purposes, chat with me! I'm sorry that I forgot to point this out earlier...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'm interested and have a concept i'll throw in at lunch today. Wanted to jump in before the post closes.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by LimSindull View Post
    I'm interested and have a concept i'll throw in at lunch today. Wanted to jump in before the post closes.
    No worries! There's not too big of a rush. I'm thinking that I'll choose the party on Friday (and by 'choose' I mean tell anyone who has a finished character that they're in), so have your character done by then.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

In case anyone needs more information about the gods of my world, if you go into my extended signature and open the Sundered World spoiler, you'll see a link to a big table full of gods. If none of them suit your purposes, chat with me! I'm sorry that I forgot to point this out earlier...
    Thanks!
    @setting info. Oh, I see now. I'll be switching Asherah to Alloa in her Life aspect then.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Love the character! Do you mean to imply that the Order is associated with Mammon?

Also, about the resources: I'm going to say that for my own peace of mind, we'll have you start with just your starting equipment and the rare item. Last time I gave a big pile of starting gold, it generated a barrage of questions. Since it's such a high-level game, you'll probably get ridiculous sums pretty quickly anyway, as epic heroes.

Not in the wider world, but the anarchy and pervasive evil of the Coast makes it a natural fit for necromancy. Nobody here would bat an eye.

Lore master works for me!

Oh my. That looks like a really fun character! It'll be interesting to see how she plays.

Wait, hold on, let me wrap my head around this... So you were born into a cult and became Mimicborn, then became a criminal until you met your future self in a library, who trained you as a wizard and acted as your warlock patron? That's SUPER cool.

Yes, the Rune Knight and Twilight cleric are both on the table.

Oh. I glad you like it!
    Ok, so I'll devolp her in this direction.

Crunchwise, this isn't the most optimized multiclass, just the idea of a mad caster, with background quite maddenning by it's own right.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Fighter money 5d4 x 10 gp ( (5d4)[11] )
    I am listing several options for therare item request as some might or might not be denied and I want to know what my possible options are. Order of Importance if it matters top down on the list below
    Belt of Hill Giant Strength
    Headband of Intellect
    Amulet of Health
    Flame Tongue
    Ring of Father Falling
    Armor (+1)
    Shield (+2)
    Weapon (+2)
    Wand of Lightning Bolts
    Porable Hole
    Hewards Handy Haversack

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm, looking over all the deities I don't see one that directly pertains to dreaming or sleep so I'm thinking either Bast if that makes sense for this region or..... having Dream just dreamt about one that doesn't actually exist and thinks its a real deity that visited her in a dream.

@samduke: Well a Porable Hole is just way too strong so I think that one's going to get denied.

27. - Top - End - #57

Hmmm, looking over all the deities I don't see one that directly pertains to dreaming or sleep so I'm thinking either Bast if that makes sense for this region or..... having Dream just dreamt about one that doesn't actually exist and thinks its a real deity that visited her in a dream.

@samduke: Well a Porable Hole is just way too strong so I think that one's going to get denied.
    Bast wouldn't really apply in this region. However, there are Saints in my setting, which are mortal champions of gods that have been elevated to divine status and given a limited portfolio. If you would prefer a god of dreams that isn't just like an astral dreadnought or something, I can see if I can find a Saint that might work.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Fighter money 5d4 x 10 gp ( [roll0] )
    I am listing several options for therare item request as some might or might not be denied and I want to know what my possible options are. Order of Importance if it matters top down on the list below
    Belt of Hill Giant Strength
    Headband of Intellect
    Amulet of Health
    Flame Tongue
    Ring of Father Falling
    Armor (+1)
    Shield (+2)
    Weapon (+2)
    Wand of Lightning Bolts
    Porable Hole
    Hewards Handy Haversack
    Bolded the pertinent bits.

PCs that don't work without magic items always rub me the wrong way-and a Belt of Giant Strength or a Headband Of Intellect are DEFINITELY items that enable that. Because that's something I like about 5E-your 20th level Fighter or Barbarian or what-have-you kicks butt WITHOUT magic gear. If you have Grok the Barbarian with his twin axes Carnage and Destruction, clad in the Mail of The Damned, he'll hew a path through ordinary guard like a hot knife through butter. But, get rid of his magic items... and he still hews through them like a hot knife through butter, just a little less hot.

But, when you're entirely reliant on magic items to get your Strength or Intelligence up... It feels lame. It's not the character that kicks butt, it's the character with items. I mean, assuming 8 Strength, that's a +6 to-hit AND damage off your item, or with the Headband, +5 to-hit and saves.

Just feels bad to me.

That being said, certainly ain't my character, nor am I the DM. So, while I will disapprovingly cluck my tongue, I won't stop you. :P
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Bolded the pertinent bits.

PCs that don't work without magic items always rub me the wrong way-and a Belt of Giant Strength or a Headband Of Intellect are DEFINITELY items that enable that. Because that's something I like about 5E-your 20th level Fighter or Barbarian or what-have-you kicks butt WITHOUT magic gear. If you have Grok the Barbarian with his twin axes Carnage and Destruction, clad in the Mail of The Damned, he'll hew a path through ordinary guard like a hot knife through butter. But, get rid of his magic items... and he still hews through them like a hot knife through butter, just a little less hot.

But, when you're entirely reliant on magic items to get your Strength or Intelligence up... It feels lame. It's not the character that kicks butt, it's the character with items. I mean, assuming 8 Strength, that's a +6 to-hit AND damage off your item, or with the Headband, +5 to-hit and saves.

Just feels bad to me.

That being said, certainly ain't my character, nor am I the DM. So, while I will disapprovingly cluck my tongue, I won't stop you. :P
    It's not so bad if it's a stat you don't need, right? If it's a stat you could do without, dumping it and then boosting it back up isn't that weird.

I actually considered doing that myself, since I had to pick a dump stat and wound up picking strength... but then I decided I'd rather have a Cloak of the Bat. (Like I said: I can do without a high strength stat.)
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-11-06 at 11:35 AM.
    Active Characters:
    Deon Wavewrath in Trials of Character
    D&D 5e Level 1 Classless Water Genasi

Jacques "Ombre" Fantome in Free Ferelden
    BoL Hack Level 2 Human "Hero"

Michel of House Cannis in Whitecliff: Abomination in The Slums
    D&D 5e Level 15 Lore Master Wizard

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    It's not so bad if it's a stat you don't need, right? If it's a stat you could do without, dumping it and then boosting it back up isn't that weird.

I actually considered doing that myself, since I had to pick a dump stat and wound up picking strength... but then I decided I'd rather have a Cloak of the Bat.
    Oh, definitely. If you're a Wizard who also has a Belt of Giant Strength to shore up your crap Strength, that's just expanding your utility into the realm of bashing doors down and whatnot.

It's if you're a Strength-based character that relies wholly on a Belt or Gauntlets or something that I get irked.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show