New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Savage Worlds: Impressions of the High Space Campaign Setting?

Still shopping around for a space game, and I do like me some Savage Worlds. In searching for a rulebook that includes spacefaring content, I came across High Space. Before shelling out the $20 for the PDF, I figured I'd ask if anyone else had used it.

Are the rules conducive for a high space campaign, with space battles and so on? Is the content overall well produced? As a less important factor (since I'm likely homebrewinga setting anyway), how is the setting itself? Good enough to poach content from for a "Freedom Fighters vs Corporations" style basic story set-up?

Are the other supplemental materials worth picking up for it if I already have other "tech" books like Savage RIFTS to reflavor certain things from?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Savage Worlds: Impressions of the High Space Campaign Setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Still shopping around for a space game, and I do like me some Savage Worlds. In searching for a rulebook that includes spacefaring content, I came across High Space. Before shelling out the $20 for the PDF, I figured I'd ask if anyone else had used it.

Are the rules conducive for a high space campaign, with space battles and so on? Is the content overall well produced? As a less important factor (since I'm likely homebrewinga setting anyway), how is the setting itself? Good enough to poach content from for a "Freedom Fighters vs Corporations" style basic story set-up?

Are the other supplemental materials worth picking up for it if I already have other "tech" books like Savage RIFTS to reflavor certain things from?
    I got the book. It's good for what it is, but has limited poaching use in my opinion.

I feel like this book is better for a less human centric campaign and does have a unique ship combat system that you can poach.

If you are using SWADE and have SWADE Rifts pdfs, then you have nearly all the crunch you need.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Worlds: Impressions of the High Space Campaign Setting?

Thanks for the response! That game never got past the idea stage, but it's good to know for the future that I've already bought all the material I need.