The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Savage Worlds: Impressions of the High Space Campaign Setting?

Still shopping around for a space game, and I do like me some Savage Worlds. In searching for a rulebook that includes spacefaring content, I came across High Space. Before shelling out the $20 for the PDF, I figured I'd ask if anyone else had used it.

Are the rules conducive for a high space campaign, with space battles and so on? Is the content overall well produced? As a less important factor (since I'm likely homebrewinga setting anyway), how is the setting itself? Good enough to poach content from for a "Freedom Fighters vs Corporations" style basic story set-up?

Are the other supplemental materials worth picking up for it if I already have other "tech" books like Savage RIFTS to reflavor certain things from?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Savage Worlds: Impressions of the High Space Campaign Setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Still shopping around for a space game, and I do like me some Savage Worlds. In searching for a rulebook that includes spacefaring content, I came across High Space. Before shelling out the $20 for the PDF, I figured I'd ask if anyone else had used it.

Are the rules conducive for a high space campaign, with space battles and so on? Is the content overall well produced? As a less important factor (since I'm likely homebrewinga setting anyway), how is the setting itself? Good enough to poach content from for a "Freedom Fighters vs Corporations" style basic story set-up?

Are the other supplemental materials worth picking up for it if I already have other "tech" books like Savage RIFTS to reflavor certain things from?
    I got the book. It's good for what it is, but has limited poaching use in my opinion.

I feel like this book is better for a less human centric campaign and does have a unique ship combat system that you can poach.

If you are using SWADE and have SWADE Rifts pdfs, then you have nearly all the crunch you need.