The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [PF1] Dirge of Urazya

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Rolling to beat the average: 6d10+3d8 (avg 46.5) [roll0] [roll1]
    ...Forgot to take out the first one to max it, and lucked out anyway! Or should I drop that last one?

Anyway, here's Lynn Soulforge, still needs a background but crunch is done.
    It's fine, can leave it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Wait, I'm still confused. That means Offensive defense only goes off once (5d6/5ac) or twice (10d6/10ac) if both attacks land. Because the srd lists this as a Dodge bonus.
    Bonuses from the same source by Paizo rules, don't stack and take the highest bonus. If you can get dodge bonuses from any other source, it would stack.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

How do you feel about a Wild Huntmaster Dread? I'm sure having 3 incorporeal constructs running about with touch attacks and teamwork feats might raise some eyebrows though I noticed the class has very little options to deal with flyers and virtually none if it's an undead magical flyer that can turn into mist. cough cough vampire cough cough

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post
    It's fine, can leave it like that.

Bonuses from the same source by Paizo rules, don't stack and take the highest bonus. If you can get dodge bonuses from any other source, it would stack.
    Okay. I was confused since prior you said dodge bonuses do stack, and the talent specifies that the AC goes up 1 point for every SA dice. I hope I'm not being belligerent (or come off that I'm trying to get absurd AC on a successful knifing) but I just wanted to be 100% sure.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Backstory for Lynn complete.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by tofucake View Post
    How do you feel about a Wild Huntmaster Dread? I'm sure having 3 incorporeal constructs running about with touch attacks and teamwork feats might raise some eyebrows though I noticed the class has very little options to deal with flyers and virtually none if it's an undead magical flyer that can turn into mist. cough cough vampire cough cough
    It's fine.

Okay. I was confused since prior you said dodge bonuses do stack, and the talent specifies that the AC goes up 1 point for every SA dice. I hope I'm not being belligerent (or come off that I'm trying to get absurd AC on a successful knifing) but I just wanted to be 100% sure.
    Someone simply reminded of the bonuses coming from the same source not stacking, which is something Paizo generally agrees on. So yes dodge bonuses stack but they don't if it is the same ability/spell etc...just like you couldn't cast Haste twice for example to get double bonuses if you catch my drift.

Backstory for Lynn complete.
    I'll check it out.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, that makes sense to me. ...And I'm gonna blow that remaining 2k on a ring of protection for insurance.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #97

BardGuy

Huh, looking at my sheet again, and it looks like the free Gifted Blade archetype is hurting me more than it helps (Can't gain Psychic Strike Blade skill to grant to allies). >.<

War Soul it is, I guess. Is the Soulknife Special Rules for PRCs in play? Or is that giving too much?
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2019-11-16 at 09:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

Huh, looking at my sheet again, and it looks like the free Gifted Blade archetype is hurting me more than it helps (Can't gain Psychic Strike Blade skill to grant to allies). >.<

War Soul it is, I guess. Is the Soulknife Special Rules for PRCs in play? Or is that giving too much?
    Think that would a little too much freebies now.

9. - Top - End - #99

RedWizardGuy

Go GB Soulknife 6/Dark Tempest 3? You'll get a 1d8 psychic strike that increases to 2d8 next level.

edit: Sorry, nevermind. Just saw your other post about the prestige class you want to use to grant mind blades.

edit2: Wait, if gifted blade is free, doesn't that mean you just get manifesting and don't give up Psychic Strike?
    Last edited by TheGSE; 2019-11-16 at 10:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

BardGuy

Think that would a little too much freebies now.
    Yea, I figured.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheGSE View Post
    edit2: Wait, if gifted blade is free, doesn't that mean you just get manifesting and don't give up Psychic Strike?
    this was my understanding of it

12. - Top - End - #102

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sidhe_blooded View Post
    this was my understanding of it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGSE View Post
    Go GB Soulknife 6/Dark Tempest 3? You'll get a 1d8 psychic strike that increases to 2d8 next level.

edit: Sorry, nevermind. Just saw your other post about the prestige class you want to use to grant mind blades.

The point is to get it through a blade skill, then share it with my collective with the Strategos PRC's "Share Blade Skill" Collective Blade Skill, so they can activate the copied mind blade with Psychic Strike on it, or use it themselves. If I already have Psychic Strike, I cannot gain it as a Blade Skill. Have I said Blade Skill enough yet?
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2019-11-16 at 11:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, gotcha, then yeah, just take another archetype that swaps it out so you can take it as a blade skill again. While war soul will make you MAD as hell it's way better than psychic strike is anyway, especially if you avoid maneuvers that have saves

14. - Top - End - #104

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sidhe_blooded View Post
    Oh, gotcha, then yeah, just take another archetype that swaps it out so you can take it as a blade skill again. While war soul will make you MAD as hell it's way better than psychic strike is anyway, especially if you avoid maneuvers that have saves
    Already made the switch to War Soul, Sleeping Goddess has some good lvl 1/2 maneuvers anyway. How would it make me MAD? I was already pretty Wis focused anyway.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

It doesn't, I was thinking gifted blade was int based manifesting for some reason.

16. - Top - End - #106

BardGuy

Only if it was a Living Legend archetype with free Gifted Blade, otherwise no.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

@Left Hand Okay with multiple other soulknives I'm ditching that concept. I finally dug into Ultimate Kineticist last night and a Machine element Kineticist sounds dope for this setting. I'm looking at hobgoblin for the race. Would it be okay if I replaced Craft (Alchemy) from the Engineer alternate racial trait with Craft (Mechanical)? Primarily just for style purposes.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'll add Tigrid Pensus to the list of applicants, who struggles with a parasitic entity that feeds off fear, his or otherwise. Should be mechanically complete but backstory isn't fully fleshed out yet.

@Left Hand I can't find any rules referencing what happens when the hunting pack is destroyed, we might have to houserule something?
    Last edited by tofucake; 2019-11-17 at 02:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

BardGuy

@Left Hand I can't find any rules referencing what happens when the hunting pack is destroyed, we might have to houserule something?
    Your hunting pack is a creature in your collective, right? Wouldn't it count as a member dying?

*actually reads through the archetype* Huh, I'll have to look into this class.
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2019-11-17 at 02:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    @Left Hand Okay with multiple other soulknives I'm ditching that concept. I finally dug into Ultimate Kineticist last night and a Machine element Kineticist sounds dope for this setting. I'm looking at hobgoblin for the race. Would it be okay if I replaced Craft (Alchemy) from the Engineer alternate racial trait with Craft (Mechanical)? Primarily just for style purposes.
    No problem.

I'll add Tigrid Pensus to the list of applicants, who struggles with a parasitic entity that feeds off fear, his or otherwise. Should be mechanically complete but backstory isn't fully fleshed out yet.

Same thing that happens to anything else destroyed. Have to spend your turn manifesting them again. There isn't really any need for a special houserule here. Hunting pack can't take any action on their own and always need to be directed by you, so it's already taking some of your actions just to use them. The slots of the hunting pack are limited too by level and how many slots are available in the collective in the first place.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

A thought occurred to me.

There isn't a hub/organized guild for hunters, but are there guilds for merchants, thieves...assassins, or is it more of "whoever has power and money organizes their crew the way they want" kinda deal?

Like, so, we're going after slavers, but is there a Slaver's guild or collective that may come looking for us if our mission's a success?
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-11-17 at 06:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

A thought occurred to me.

There isn't a hub/organized guild for hunters, but are there guilds for merchants, thieves...assassins, or is it more of "whoever has power and money organizes their crew the way they want" kinda deal?

Like, so, we're going after slavers, but is there a Slaver's guild or collective that may come looking for us if our mission's a success?
    Whoever has power or willing to band together form their organizations.

The Lamia are definitely not associated with a slaver guild.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Cordelia Ironblood is full of horrible tiny robots and is prepared to punch monsters about it.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Is there a table already?
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Arella, bio-engineered half-elf calamity caller.

Basic info is there and still WiP. Will finish soon.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-18 at 07:33 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I don't believe so.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Is there a deadline for apps?

28. - Top - End - #118

Is there a deadline for apps?
    After the holidays, thanksgiving is coming up soon, so 12/4 is the most likely candidate.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I don't believe so.
    Let's fix that.

Player Character Class Power Source/Role Mechanics Backstory
    Yas392 Arella Warpriest (Calamity Caller) Divine/??? Incomplete Basic
    Roku Cordelia Ironblood Legendary Kineticist (Mystical Kineticist) Tiny Robots/Punch Complete Don't see one?
    tofucake Tigrid "Shade" Pensus Wild Hunstmaster Dread Psionics/Scary Complete Cliff's Notes
    Samduke Fern Calvalier/Fighter/Gunslinger Grit/Shooting People Complete Complete
    tonberryking Randa Rogue Pluck/Backstabbing Complete Complete
    Hazuki Vana Memry Life Leech/Sadist Vitalist Psionics/Healing and Pain Complete Complete
    Casual Viking Karnstar Freeborn Battle Templar Divine/Smash Complete Complete?
    eldest ? ? ? ? ?

As for me, I'm going to actually make the character today. Work got stupid busy the last week or so. Looking over this, though, is making me reconsider and look at doing a utility caster type instead...
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-11-19 at 09:37 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #120

BardGuy

Player Character Class Concept Complete?
    Hellfire014 Lynn Soulforge Soulknife/Strategos Gunner/Tinker Yes
    Casual Viking Kastarn Freeman Cleric/Warden/Battle Templar Freedom Fighter Yes
    Hazuki Vana Memry Vitalist Yandere Healer with an annoying conscience Yes
    samduke Fern Cavalier/Fighter/Gunslinger Bounty Hunter? Yes
    Da'Shain Peter Stornt Stalker/Black Templar Blood-drunk Hunter Yes
    tonberryking Randa Rogue Avenger Yes
    Yas392 Arella Warpriest Eco-warrior No
    Rokku Cordelia Ironblood Kineticist Grey-goo bender No Backstory
    tofucake Tigrid "Shade" Pensus Dread Slowly losing his sanity Yes
    Eldest ??? ??? ??? Hasn't Started

If I missed anything, or got it wrong, feel free to update the table.
    Last edited by Hellfire014; 2019-11-19 at 01:55 PM.