The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now

Thread: Epithet Erased

1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Epithet Erased

Not sure if this actually deserves the TV tag, given it's purely online, but ah well.

But check it out here! The animation is low-quality, but the writing is top-notch! I was laughing my patoot off through the first episode.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Epithet Erased

I'm interested in looking at it but every bit of creative writing Jello Apocalypse as ever done smacks of pretentious idiocy and a complete misunderstanding of what makes a show actually good.

I also just don't like him very much.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-11-13 at 12:36 AM.

Legend of Trains Avatar by Pinkhaired August. Choo choo!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm interested in looking at it but every bit of creative writing Jello Apocalypse as ever done smacks of pretentious idiocy and a complete misunderstanding of what makes a show actually good.

I had no idea they had anything to do with it. But I'd recommend giving the first episode a shot, if you already have a way to watch it. (Coulda sworn the first episode was on YouTube for free, but I appear to be wrong.)

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    I had no idea they had anything to do with it. But I'd recommend giving the first episode a shot, if you already have a way to watch it. (Coulda sworn the first episode was on YouTube for free, but I appear to be wrong.)
    I'll give it a look if I can, when I've the time. Learning it's animated in the same way he typically does stuff, as in... not very, kinda puts me off.

And yeah he's doing a lot of it. He's basically been tweeting about it nonstop and stuff.

5. - Top - End - #5

I'll give it a look if I can, when I've the time. Learning it's animated in the same way he typically does stuff, as in... not very, kinda puts me off.

And yeah he's doing a lot of it. He's basically been tweeting about it nonstop and stuff.
    I don't do the Twitter, so...

But I will agree the animation, as it is, won't be for everyone.

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Ha, irony.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Ha, irony.
    I'm torn between clarifying I meant Pizza Game and basically nothing else because I do LIKE his work, I just think he misunderstands dating sims, and torn between just kind of ignoring you for the rest of your miserable life because that seems very mean for no reason.

If this wasn't an insult directed at me and I'm just too tired not to realize it, sorry. I'm in a bad mood tonight.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-11-13 at 12:56 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm torn between clarifying I meant Pizza Game and basically nothing else because I do LIKE his work, I just think he misunderstands dating sims, and torn between just kind of ignoring you for the rest of your miserable life because that seems very mean for no reason.

If this wasn't an insult directed at me and I'm just too tired not to realize it, sorry. I'm in a bad mood tonight.
    I mean certainly not for no reason. You were making a super aggressive wide statement there that I found really funny because just about any discussion with you about media is exactly what you just described. And were doing right there in the thread with that exact statement. Which was funny to me and also ironic. Or not I always get irony wrong.

Anyways I caught the first episode which was ok. The writing is funny enough but the animation makes me feel like I'm watching a visual novel pitch that got denied and made into a show. Which I kind of like as an aesthetic but the one thing they kept doing where it was just blocks looked at top down in the room was really off putting. Still as long as I have VRV I'll probably find time to squeeze it in.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

9. - Top - End - #9

that I found really funny because just about any discussion with you about media is exactly what you just described.

Anyways I caught the first episode which was ok. The writing is funny enough but the animation makes me feel like I'm watching a visual novel pitch that got denied and made into a show. Which I kind of like as an aesthetic but the one thing they kept doing where it was just blocks looked at top down in the room was really off putting. Still as long as I have VRV I'll probably find time to squeeze it in.
    There's no reason to insult me just because you disagree. I'll admit what I said was definitely tactless, I'm just in a poor mood tonight. Doesn't excuse it of course, just making a note of it.

At any rate, I'll see if this show is available for free somewhere since I do not have the ability to use VRV.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

There's no reason to insult me just because you disagree. I'll admit what I said was definitely tactless, I'm just in a poor mood tonight. Doesn't excuse it of course, just making a note of it.

At any rate, I'll see if this show is available for free somewhere since I do not have the ability to use VRV.
    Perhaps were all just having ****ty nights but that comment just reeaaaallly rubbed me the wrong way. Anyways yea it is absolutely not a show worth buying VRV for alone, unlike some of their other original stuff like Gary and his Demons.

11. - Top - End - #11

Perhaps were all just having ****ty nights but that comment just reeaaaallly rubbed me the wrong way. Anyways yea it is absolutely not a show worth buying VRV for alone, unlike some of their other original stuff like Gary and his Demons.
    Yeah, probably.

Sorry about that. Bygones by bygones? I don't particularly know you and I feel bad about the bad blood we just kinda vomited all over the thread for no reason.

In a positive, back on topic point; I do think the designs are cute.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having watched the opening (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h97aI5SZHk4 ), is it just me, or does it feel oddly low-fps and blocky?

I was somewhat interested, though less so after the credits theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMesNJy06kM ), which feels...oddly childish compared to the opening, and especially so compared to the stealth reference I thought the title was making.
    Last edited by uncool; 2019-11-13 at 05:53 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Writing was pretty good.
    Audio quality acceptable.
    Main character is adorable.
    Animation 0/10

This never left an animatic stage of production. It's more of an exclusive youtube video than a traditional cartoon. I would be mad about this level of shoddiness but as I understand it, this comes out free to view at a later date.

Next up is the narration. On the one hand it's frequently annoying when character's voice actors narrate what their characters are supposed to be doing and it kinda shows fear on the creators part that people won't understand what's happening from context... on the other hand without it I don't think I would have heard someone say "Teleports behind you" so earnestly. So that's worth something.
    Death from above
    And below
    And all sides