New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Housepets! Used to be human once, just like you.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/

Watch out for the squirrel, he can bean you in the noggin with an unhusked coconut at ten yards.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Housepets! Used to be human once, just like you.

Ah, long-running comic by Rick Griffin.

Perhaps a summary is in order?

Such as how King used to be human in PETA, and became a Pembroke Welsh Corgi as part of a cosmic 1v1 strategy game?

Or how the Milton ferrets ended up being billionaires and are using it to advance Talking Animal rights?

And that's just glossing over the main story threadlines...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey00 View Post
    Yea a summery is in order perhaps. I didn't know the King used to be human in PETA.

Regards,
    Kasey.
    Well, my ability to recall the minutia I'd need to do a summary justice is shot at the moment, but maybe I can sketch out some broad strokes and someone can fill in the blanks. Am focusing mostly on the Temple Crashers plot arc since that seems to be most relevant to the current story line.

All hail the Opener of the Ways! He stirred up a demigod by the name of Pete who had been tinkering since prehistoric times to play out a bet he'd made with Dragon. Their bet is arbitrated by the Fox, who rather plays the dungeon master when they play dice with Babylon Gardens. The Gardens are an amusingly eccentric suburb in Generictown, America where, fairly recently, an amusingly eccentric multi-millionaire left the entirety of his estate to his three pet ferrets, much to the chagrin of his immediate relatives.

For this iteration, the two demigods each chose and trained an animal Champion, who for Dragon was a Pomeranian seer trained her whole life to defeat whomever it may concern. Pete polymorphed a misanthropic human into a corgi, King, for his champion. King didn't want to be a champion and appealed the process all the way up to the Grand Space Whale, and ultimately Pete and Dragon both forfeited when their champions refused to fight.

Meanwhile the Milton ferrets were fighting for animal rights, leading to an assassination attempt that caused Keene a short stint in heaven, where he met his current pal Breel, who is in fact an extra-reincarnated ghost.

And it looks like the Friday comic beat me to the punch, just barely. Next up, time to ask the fox demigod what's going on.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey00 View Post
    Yea a summery is in order perhaps. I didn't know the King used to be human in PETA.
    Indeed he was.

Quote Originally Posted by diremage View Post
    an amusingly eccentric multi-millionaire left the entirety of his estate to his three pet ferrets, much to the chagrin of his immediate relatives.
    Six. And fifteen billion. Keene is the more level-headed one, and some don't see much time since they're mostly for specific jokes.

his current pal Breel, who is in fact an extra-reincarnated ghost.
    Boyfriend, and just a 're-meated' soul from Heaven. Pine marten who apparently died between 1863 and 1869 since he remembers the transcontinental railroad was in the process of construction, but wasn't completed.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.