New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Post House rules, what has worked for you

Hello my fellow humans?

As the start date for my new campaign is drawing closer, I am wondering what are some house rules that you have used to make the game better/streamlined for you or your players. I have seen some of the entries on YouTube but felt I should ask here as well

Some things I'm already using is Hit die. When you go upma level no matter what you roll for new HP u will always get at least half the die in new HP. For example yuur newly level 2 barbarian might just rage quit if he only gets 1+CON for hit HP when he levels up but with this house rule he gets a 6+CON.

Another thing at my table is all magic throwers have REURNING built in to them unless it specifically says other wise. Example javelin of lightning does not return, but a dwarven thrower does.

Adding EB as a class feature at Level 1 for Warlock and at level 2 giving the PC another cantrip. Also adding the patron spell list to what the warlock has as his spell list, he doesn't get to cast any more but he now has a bigger option list.

Yes I have heard of the CLICK rule for traps but not sure about using it yet.

Just a few thoughts but please feel free to throw others at me

Cullyn

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: House rules, what has worked for you

Something else I'm toying with is a bought potion is maxed restoration but ones made by the party are rolled as normal.

So 2d4 +2 for a regular potion can get 10 HP when it's bought or rolled of its made by the PCs

On the other hand a potion of extreme healing 10d4 +20 is worth 60 HP or you can roll it out.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

We’ve started using a kitchen countdown timer for each persons turn. Keeps combat moving a little better and discourages cell phone use when it isn’t your turn. Still early, so there’s bugs to work out.
    Emongnome

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emongnome777 View Post
    We’ve started using a kitchen countdown timer for each persons turn. Keeps combat moving a little better and discourages cell phone use when it isn’t your turn. Still early, so there’s bugs to work out.
    I tried this as well but it ended up backfiring when some one need clarification on something and their whole egg timer count down got eaten with the explanation. I have heard about a 3 second reaction buff that if you say something about your move with in an allotted quick responds time the receive a minor buff to what they are doing. Not sure how it plays out in all situations but its a good jumping off point

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Flanking is a flat +2 to the attack roll. Advantage is too much and nothing feels like a slap in the face for tactical combat.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

The PCs, walk into a town they've never before visited together, all the villagers stop & stare at them. The PCs realise why when they get to the fountain at the centre of town, there are accurate statues of each of them, even down to the gear they currently carry. The statues have been here for generations...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Races give no ability bonus; the ability bonuses come from the first class level.

To know where are the bonuses you use the multi class table in the line on your first class level:
    if there is one ability it's a +2 (eg Barbarian +2 str),
    if there are two connected with "and" its a +1 to both (eg Monk +1 Dex +1 Wis),
    If there are two connected with "or" it can be +2 to one or +1 to both (eg Fighter).
    You also have a free +1 you can put where you want, but you cannot have more than +2 anywhere.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cullynthedwarf View Post
    Adding EB as a class feature at Level 1 for Warlock and at level 2 giving the PC another cantrip. Also adding the patron spell list to what the warlock has as his spell list, he doesn't get to cast any more but he now has a bigger option list.
    Just out of curiosity, why are you making the 1/2/3 level warlock dip more powerful? Or are you making it so EB only scopes with warlock level instead of character level?

Other common houserules I see, will add more as I think about it:
    Can draw and throw a weapon as a single attack (fights can throw 4 daggers in a turn)
    Free feat at level - Can allow all or only non combat ones
    Rangers and Paladins get cantrips
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you making the 1/2/3 level warlock dip more powerful? Or are you making it so EB only scopes with warlock level instead of character level?
    I use the EB rule too, and it only scales with Warlock Levels for us. (But we also have Cantrips scale based on when you get the Cantrip or the first level in the Class you got the Cantrip from, whichever is longer; taking only level 20 in Sorcerer while doing 19 levels in Paladin doesn't grant you a full-powered Fire Bolt.)

We also use a variant initiative, but only because we can run it by script. First round is normal initiative (rolled by players for PCs, rolled automatically by script for Monsters unless DM feels like rolling); later rounds increment that with +1d(6+DEX_MOD) [e.g. +1d8 for a Creature with +2 Dex] to have some variation across rounds, but not fully massive ones. Overall we really like it (order changes, you can aim for a fast-feeling character or slow-feeling character, and you can get homebrew to affect the earlier or later rolls so there's extra customisation), but I wouldn't run it without the script, obviously! The same update roll system gets used for training (e.g. learning tools and languages).

I use the click rules for my campaign -- it hasn't come up much, but it worked well when it did come up. It removed the feeling that a trap is a plausibly-inevitable gotcha, so it did its job.

You can drink a health potion with your bonus action -- but feeding a potion to someone or using another kind of potion takes an action.

Critical hits are max(everything) and then reroll your weapon damage die for extra damage. Your crits will always do more damage (as will the monsters'!).

EDIT: Oh, and a bigger one -- in the campaign I DM (but not the campaigns I play in), half-feats are used. You gain 1 ASI point every two levels, which you could spend on a 1-point feat, use for a +1 to a stat, or save to spend later after you get more points for one of the few 2-point feats.
    Last edited by PhantomSoul; 2019-11-13 at 09:20 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

The ones I can think of right now that have worked really well are:

Fast potion drinking
    Drink a potion as a bonus action. Feed someone else a potion as an action. It allows people to still perform actions and feel heroic, while giving the option to make strategic potion use viable.

Free minor feat at level 1
    Give everyone a level 1 feat that is not one of the overpowered combat ones (In general, I exclude Crossbow expert, Sharpshooter, Great Weapon Master, Warcaster, Sentinel, Shield Master, Mobile, Lucky and the like). Explain to players that it's more about picking a 'background' feat than an optimized one.

Warlock spell points
    Gives the warlock the same degree of overall power, but allow the spells to be cast at lower levels if they choose. Allows spells like Hex to still be viable options even at higher levels. Also allows Warlocks not to spam eldritch blast after 2 rounds of combat.

Create your own background
    Not really a houserule, but allows players to pick their skills and and tools etc instead of being forced to pick skills they will never use.

Disarming moves the item away from the creature that dropped it
    Moves the item just out of reach, allowing opportunity attacks for the one who disarmed the item.

Guidance is a level 1 spell but more powerful
    We moved Guidance from cantrip to a level 1 spell and made it slightly more powerful. We found that a party with 2 clerics and a druid none of us liked the feeling of 'cheating' where everyone shouted guidance every 5 seconds.

I'm sure there are more, but these one have been great at our table.

Weapon re-skinning
    Want a longer spear that acts as a longsword? Reskin a longsword and make it a 1d8/1d10 versatile weapon. Want your thief rogue to have a sneak-attack compatible blackjack? Make it a bludgeoning shortsword.

10. - Top - End - #10

Lizardfolk

The only consistent house rule we use is that everyone levels up at the same time, so that all PCs are the same, party-wide level. This happens regardless of how often that player shows up and plays the PC. It doesn't necessarily make the most sense for the PCs, but it's vital for a group of adult players who often have real life issues which prevent them from coming to every session.

11. - Top - End - #11

SolithKnightGuy

Holding a spell focus allows a caster to perform somatic components with the same hand. A cleric with a holy symbol on their shield holding a shield and a mace can now cast sacred flame, for example.

A bunch of tinkering with player options that I think should work differently:
    Sharpshooter allows one effect per attack (-5/+10 or ignore long range penalty or ignore bonus AC from cover).
    Shield Master's shove can be done before any attacks but it locks you in to the attack action.
    Etc.

Minionmancy and other strategies that really slow down combat are not permitted. Soft limit of 3 total extra creatures from spells like animate objects, find familiar, find steed, conjure animals, etc. You don't need a homonculus, a familiar, a simalcrum, a personal retinue of better equipped skeletons, an enslaved Death Knight, and a baker's dozen of animated silverware.
    Last edited by CheddarChampion; 2019-11-13 at 10:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

PaladinGuy

House rules that all the DMs at our table use:
    If you roll poorly on HP, you can take the DM's roll, but you have to take it.

House rules when I DM:
    Long rest no longer heals you to full, HD recovery is slower. Added Very long rest to heal to full.
    Flanking is +2 to hit.
    Shoving takes an attack instead of an action.
    Grappling can be advanced to restrained with another successful check (but at disadvantage).
    Restrained also causes actions to be difficult to perform, like spell casting - requiring a Concentration check.
    Advantage and Disadvantage stack, one will not cancel out all of the other.
    Dropping to zero HP gives you a level of exhaustion.
    Subdual damage for non-lethal attacks, tracked as negative temp HP. Heals with any rest or magical healing.
    Identifying magic items during a rest only reveals 1 property per hour spent researching the item.
    Bonuses to Passive perception add to Perception (Observant feat).
    Bloodied - like fourth edition, I let the players know when opponents fall below half.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Zombie

Ek and arcane trickster can pick any 2 schools they like.

Everyone levels up together. This makes the rotating DM thing work better.
    I am the flush of excitement. The blush on the cheek. I am the Rouge!

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by NiklasWB View Post
    The ones I can think of right now that have worked really well are:

Fast potion drinking
    Drink a potion as a bonus action. Feed someone else a potion as an action. It allows people to still perform actions and feel heroic, while giving the option to make strategic potion use viable.
    I really like this rule at my table, with the caveat that this is only for healing potions. Healing potions are small shots of elixer, potion of haste is bigger. This lets me give fun consumables as loot without effecting balance as much.

As a side note, give your players potions as loot. They're fun, impactful, and short lived. So if you accidentally make it OP, no sweat, just one imbalanced encounter, not many.

Guaranteed Crit Damage .

It sucks to get a crit but roll 2 1s on the dice, dealing less damage than other attacks. I ruled that the extra dice is maximized. So a crit goes from 2d8+3 to d8+8+3. I warned my players that this favors the monsters/ enemy, as there's usually more attack rolls coming from the DM than the players. We play with it anyway, and crits are always a big moment. This is a major buffs to Paladins, who can smite after they see the nat20.

15. - Top - End - #15

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by micahaphone View Post

Guaranteed Crit Damage .

It sucks to get a crit but roll 2 1s on the dice, dealing less damage than other attacks. I ruled that the extra dice is maximized. So a crit goes from 2d8+3 to d8+8+3. I warned my players that this favors the monsters/ enemy, as there's usually more attack rolls coming from the DM than the players. We play with it anyway, and crits are always a big moment. This is a major buffs to Paladins, who can smite after they see the nat20.
    I like this one and have been considering it for my next campaign. Do you max damage all extra dice? Sneak attacks would get a big boost.

I would only apply it to weapon damage dice, and not to things like sneak attack dice. You would roll any other extra dice twice. I'm still trying to work it out, and just considering a flat X2 and include the bonuses for simplicity's sake.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Get back all HD spent on healing on a long rest. Honestly I think everyone I play with don't even realize it's only supposed to be half spent.

You must use Identify spell to identify magic items.

In 3E terms, Investigate is exclusively used when it would have been Search. Perception is exclusively used when it would have been Spot. Therefore, you always use Investigate to search for traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demonslayer666 View Post
    Shoving takes an attack instead of an action.
    Um... That's RAW, friendo.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I let Sorcerers use the spell point variant, rather than the standard spell slot approach.

I'm toying with the idea of allowing this for all spellcasters.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

For me:

You need to see your target to gain the advantage of being unseen by them when you attack. Basically, if two people are fighting in a fog cloud, they both have disadvantage to attack. Otherwise you get situations like being more accurate shooting at the long range of your bow if you first walk into a fog cloud, blinding yourself and becoming unseen.

I've also added a baseline range at which you can automatically detect invisible creatures that aren't hiding (just their location, you still have advantage/disadvantage if you can't see them), which is passive perception / 2 * 5 feet around you. I also use this range as the distance you automatically detect vocal components to spells being cast, if the environment isn't covering it up. It's not really a strict rule since circumstances will change things, but it's nice to have a base value (numbers may still need tweaking).

20. - Top - End - #20

Some houserules I use and like:

When there's an opportunity for the whole party to make a check, the party picks exactly two party members who make the check for the group. I find this cuts down on those checks that just need one success and 6 people going one after the other until somebody succeeds.

When a player wants to make a check or attack roll against another PC, they make it at disadvantage. Good for discouraging PvP within the party without banning it outright.

I've replaced Inspiration with "Fate Points" taken pretty much directly from the rpg Fate. Every player gets 2 fate points at the beginning of the session, which they can spend on advantage on a roll whenever one of their character's personality traits suggest they would do well at something. They can "buy" more fate points by accepting disadvantage on a task that involves their flaw.

I rarely keep track of ammo, food, or carrying capacity, and just trust players to keep it reasonable.
    I take this game with the seriousness it deserves.
    Not all that much. It's a game.

Xykon In The Playground nominee, way back when that happened.

Rebel Leader

Breakfast-atar by The Neoclassic whom I appreciate very much!

21. - Top - End - #21

Kobold

A lot of good houserules here, many I use.

I've posted this before. I prioritize combat to make the table time it takes up shorter. Criticals require dice to be rerolled and retotaled, which takes time. And sometimes crits add less than dramatic damage. So to speed things up and keep criticals significant...

Roll the dice as normal, and add the maximum total of the dice thrown. Sneak attack dice count, poison does not.

Examples: A critical hit with a d8 weapon produces 1d8 + modifier + 8 hits. A d6 with sneak attack (+3d6) produces 4d6 + modifier + 24 damage.

The other thing I do as DM is have a sheet of prerolled d20s. This saves all kinds of time on mass initiatives, multiattacks, mass saves, etc. The biggest effect is it shortens the "waiting around to die" (monster turn) phase, which is not as interesting. Quickly spouting off hits, misses and damage applied makes combat feel more like a fight and less like a long ritual folk dance.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

I think "milestone XP" (so the DM say "you guys level up" whenever it is convenient) is the houserule I'm not sure to ever play without it again in D&D, both as player and DM.

It both speed up the game (no counting XP), make it more adaptable to uncommon campaigns styles (no risk of stagnating at a level if for some reason you have almost no fights for few sessions), don't cause any problem on the table about how the XP should be shared in case someone is absent, and remove one of the things I don't like in games.

[I basically don't like anything which is both in high quantity and require long-time book-keeping. So provisions, ammunitions, XP, gold, HP (unless it refills at every fight), low-level spell slots when you're high level, ...]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Some of my personal highlights:

- If you're rolling stats, each player rolls one stat and you share the results. If you don't have 6 players the DM rolls the rest.

- At level 1 you have the option of converting short rest resources into long rest ones. You get triple the number of uses but don't recover any on a short rest.

- Performance and Animal Handling are struck from the skill list, and Thievery is added (Proficiency in thieves tools becomes proficiency in Thievery)

- If you're using Flanking rules they grant +1 to hit rather than advantage

- Crits are double damage rather than just double dice

- Being knocked to 0 HP gives you a level of exhaustion

- Extra Fighting styles (Alacrity: +2 to initiative, Polearm: Reach is difficult terrain for enemies, Hand-and-a-half: +1 to hit with versatile weapons)

- Thrown weapons can be drawn like ammunition

- Dragonborn get Darkvision and Hoardsense (pretty much Stonecunning but works for valuables like currency, jewelry and art)

- Second kind of shield, the buckler. Requires light armor prof to use, grants +1 AC instead of +2 and can be donned/doffed as an item interaction rather than an action

- Potions are a bonus action to quaff

- If you double-up on the Extra Attack feature you get +1 to a stat of your choice

- Fighter Indomitable rerolls are treated as Constitution saves

- Paladins can choose either Wis or Cha for their casting and class features, and Warlocks can choose either Int or Cha

Then there's the heavier alterations, like full overhauls of the Ranger and Sorcerer, reworks of the Berserker, Four Elements and other subclasses and numerous feat and spell changes
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Post Re: House rules, what has worked for you

Another thing I realize I do that is a house rule is I assign stats to the PCs. You get 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18 as your stats. No super lucky rolls to make a god character and no super unlucky roll to make Oatmeal the minion of the PCs

Bonus action slots. You have two spots that you can store a quick release item like your potions of heal. You can use these to use your bonus action to pull your pot and drink it. Other wise its the full action to rummage through your pack (yes even the handy haversack) to get an item out and use it

Inventory system - OK no one likes doing the weight checks for the 9 goblin leathers they took from the last encounter and the primitive weapons they had but the PCs with out a bag of holding still lug all this around until they get to spot to sell it off. So I came up with the inventory system. Very small items are worth 1 point like potions, ammo, and coins in groups of 250. Small items up to a single hand weapon or small sized light or medium armour are worth two points, two hand weapons and light or medium armour for medium creatures is worth 3 point, heavy armour for medium or light or medium armour for large size or large sized weapons are worth 4 points and heavy armour of large is 5. You can carry in points 1.5 times your STR score. At your STR you have hit your limit but can push for being encumbered with that .5 over that. So a wizard with 8 STR can carry 12 points of gear and loot while your fighter with a 20 can carry 30 points. Yes this does mean if he wanted the mage could carry large heavy armour but that is almost half of his capacity to do it. Bigger or smaller items are usually group consensus but it does work and I find while it is more book keeping the players tend to engage more in it then in the standard oh you can carry X amount before you are so heavy you sink in the sand.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cullynthedwarf View Post
    I tried this as well but it ended up backfiring when some one need clarification on something and their whole egg timer count down got eaten with the explanation. I have heard about a 3 second reaction buff that if you say something about your move with in an allotted quick responds time the receive a minor buff to what they are doing. Not sure how it plays out in all situations but its a good jumping off point

When I put a time limit on an adventure, I put it on an entire section. For instance "You have one hour to raid this castle, then reinforcements arrive" and I set the timer. It encourages the players to make quick decisions throughout the game, including combat, but doesn't punish requests for clarification as long as they're not too extensive.

26. - Top - End - #26

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Improved Point Buy
    Show
    I use a 34 point buy, with Players being able to buy a 16 for 12 points. I mainly do this so that, as an above poster mentioned, my Players can choose to start with a set of stats that look like 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8.

Spoiler: Standard Racial Ability Score bonuses
    Show
    Races other than Mountain Dwarf, Human Variant, and Half Elf have three +1's instead of their natural ability score bonuses that can be placed into any ability score. Any racial negative scores such as the Orc’s minus to Intelligence is completely ignored. They can be spread out to three different ability scores, or stacked to a maximum of +2 in one ability score and +1 in another ability score. This is to exemplify that not every Gnome is intelligent just as not every Dragonborn is strong. Any race can be just as good as the next race at something they want to excel at. If you’d like to play a Mountain Dwarf or Half Elf, you can use the three +1’s instead of what’s given in the book. Humans will use Standard or Variant stat bonuses provided by the PHB only.

Spoiler: Paladins and Aura of Protection
    Show
    PC’s can receive the benefit of multiple Auras of Protection if within the range of the overlapping areas affected by the Paladin(s). I mainly allow this because I'm totally up to DM for a group that wants to play multiple Paladins.

Spoiler: Rangers
    Show
    Now function as prepared spell casters, though they can only prepare a number of spells as per the spells known according to the Ranger chart on page 90 of the PHB. They work similarly to all other divine spell casters in that they can change out the spells prepared every day. Ranger’s Land Stride ability at level 8 also grants the Ranger a Bonus Action they can use to Dash.

Spoiler: Intelligence as an Ability Score
    Show
    In order to add more value to this undervalued ability score, additional benefits are gained by the PC once they have a certain Intelligence scores.

12: One additional Intelligence or Wisdom based skill proficiency.
    14: One additional common language, tool proficiency, vehicle proficiency, gaming set, or musical instrument proficiency.
    18: Expertise in an Intelligence or Wisdom based skill that you’re already proficient in.
    20: Expertise in an Intelligence or Wisdom based skill that you’re already proficient in.

For 18 and 20, if you don’t have a proficiency eligible to be upgraded to Expertise, you can instead become proficient in an Intelligence or Wisdom based skill of your choice.

Spoiler: Using different spellcasting stats for casting classes
    Show
    If you would like to use a different spellcasting ability modifier for a class, you can do so. You will have to let me know beforehand, and these changes will be made on a case by case basis. This is to exemplify that not every Bard or Warlock is charismatic, nor is every Cleric wise. To note, base multiclassing requirements will remain the same as the PHB requires (page 163). The intended effect of this change is to allow Players to play single classed characters in a way they might never have imagined in a normal game.

Spoiler: Death Saves
    Show
    Will be made by the DM privately. This is to discourage metagaming.

Spoiler: Armor weight
    Show
    Small creature armor doesn’t weigh as much as Medium creature armor. Divide the weight of normal armor/shields by 2 to get the weight of armor/shields for Small creatures.

Spoiler: Two-Handed Heavy Weapons
    Show
    If you’re using a two-handed weapon with the heavy property with both hands, you can use a 1.5 Strength damage modifier (rounded down) for your damage total. Example, if you have 18 Strength and are using a Greataxe, your damage roll will be: 1d12 + 6 instead of 1d12 + 4. This is to further emphasize the risk one makes in using two-handed weapons versus a one-handed weapon and a shield.

Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    You can only ever have one Simulcran in existence. Healing Spirit can only heal 1 creature per round. Wish as a 9th level spell doesn't exist on any class spell list.

Spoiler: Buffing Spells that Charm
    Show
    Regarding first level or higher spells that Charm a creature, text that reads, “When the spell ends, the creature knows it was charmed by you,” gets removed from the spell description. The text that replaces the removed text will read, “When the spell ends, the creature that was charmed will be allowed to make a Wisdom (Insight) check as an Action against your spell-save DC to determine whether they were charmed by you.” The purpose of this change is to allow PC's who wish to use magical charm to not be completely punished for doing so.

And while not a house rule, I do use the variant/additional action options available in the DMG on pages 271-272.
    Be excellent to each other.

27. - Top - End - #27

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NiklasWB View Post
    Create your own background
    Not really a houserule, but allows players to pick their skills and and tools etc instead of being forced to pick skills they will never use.
    That’s actually RAW. It says right in the book that you can make your own background, and it’s not listed as an “Optional Variant”. Even adventurers league allows for custom backgrounds.

28. - Top - End - #28

BarbarianGuy

Off the top of my head...

Reroll 1s on hit dice

Can't *lose HP" when leveling from a negative Con mod

Point buy of a 35pt budget, can buy up to 16/17 for 3 points each

Free feat at 1st level, but no VHuman

Hexblade doesn't gain Hex Warrior exclusively, it is folded into Pact of the Blade

Exhaustion regenerates on short rests 1:1, completely for long rest

Restoration, Lay on Hands, and similar spells heal exhaustion equal to casting stat modifier

10 min short rest, max 2 between Long Rests

Adamantine Weapons crit on a 19-20, doesn't stack with Champion/Hexblade or any other similar things. Ignores benefit of Adamantine Armor, but crit chance reduced to 20s (even with other improvements).

EB scales with Warlock level, no more dipping

Tons of Homebrew classes/archetypes, too many to list
    I Am A: Neutral Good Half-Orc Fighter/Barbarian (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-13

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I ban witch bolt.
    It is a big trap for characters.
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2019-11-14 at 09:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Medium and Heavy Armor have a natural 1 DR to Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing damages. It helped to balance out combat stat choices.