New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Wizards' Guild IC

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    A large part of why I am currently trying to keep my vote off both of you.
    That wording hit me oddly. Trying to keep your vote off me? That doesn’t seem like something you have to try at. Maybe I’m just reading too much into that.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I was planning to change my vote based on these announcements but given the current status, I'll leave it where it is.

Current Votes (assuming I didn't make any mistakes)
    (3) flyinglemur: JeenLeen, BasketOfPuppies, AvatarVecna
    Da'Shain: libro, flatfooted
    (2) BasketOfPuppies: Caerulea, Alandra
    Alexei: Elenna
    (4*) flat_footed: kgato503, gac3, flyinglemur, AvatarVecna
    I'll add that gac3 didn't include your vote being moved to be, despite catching flyinglemur's vote of me and yours being the post before it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #123

SamuraiGirl

@BasketOfPuppies @flyinglemur: Okay, I believe you for now.

@flatfooted: Maybe, but the end of the day is drawing nearer and you have still said very little.

I really want to read something from Alexei and Da'Shain, too.

Also, I should mention that Libro's post does not contain any suspicions, just some people described as leaning town - also something that could very well be a wolf trying to look active but not wanting to commit to any analysis.

I won't have time to come online again before the deadline, so this is my final vote unless something interesting happens in the next few minutes.

4. - Top - End - #124

Currently looking at gac3's posts in a tunnel to see if there is anything wolfy behind them, since it's really the best I got at the moment.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #125

Flat_footed’s activity has perked up, and that’s all I was really after. I’m gonna swap to Da_Shain in the hopes that they post something today.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

More activity is better than less, but at the same time, I'm not sure how much credit I wanna give somebody for being super-quiet right up to the point they got hardwagoned with 8 hours left on the clock, at which point they suddenly became much more active.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    More activity is better than less, but at the same time, I'm not sure how much credit I wanna give somebody for being super-quiet right up to the point they got hardwagoned with 8 hours left on the clock, at which point they suddenly became much more active.
    Have you ever played with me before?

Procrastinating is pretty much how I play, and if I didn't keep trying at 1am here I'd likely be dead in the morning. So it's now or never.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #128

Reading back through the Night 1 kill, it may be important to remember that the wolves had the Sorcerer use the night kill. Whether or not this helps us remains to be seen, but it's information nevertheless. Having (possibly) 3 night kills means this game can go lightning quick, so no stone left unturned I suppose.

In general, I think Alandra may be onto something. With the voting as divided as it is, it would be easy for wolves to keep low and only pop-up when their name is on the chopping block. It doesn't look like BoP or flyinglemur are going to get counterclaimed, so that's a good start for town. Take my review of gac3 below however you'd like, but I'll keep my vote where it is to try to survive the night.

Spoiler: gac3 Wall 'o Text
    Show
    Wait... So do wolves know who each other are?
    Honestly, this could be an amazing feint to stave off any initial votes or suspicion. A new player combined with this? You may as well stamp TOWN on gac3's forehead. If true, strong town lean.
    *Puts down tea after a long draw.* Tea is a perfectly acceptable drink for us enlightened folk. It strengthens our mind and our connection to that which a wolf could only fathom. However, it seems that these fur dressed nuts have caused a big enough mess that blindly accusing someone is less offensive than waiting for evidence to come forth. That said, to blend in, I feel I must point my fingers at AvatarVecna for suspecting me of false treachery. The pursuit of knowledge is no such crime as you might think. But how could a wolf ever truly understand.
    That's the name of the game ;)
    RP post with vote, and short response to AV. Null read here.
    That theory works... Only if flyinglemur isn't a wolf. If he is then it's likely that a good chunk of the people who voted out xihiril were wolves. The votes stayed pretty consistent on the two bandwagons. If you look at when the votes were cast, the people who voted out xihiril only did so when flying lemur was in the lead (with the exception of the first vote which may have just been intended as bandwagon fun). Perhaps the wolves intended to fly low and vote seperately and only ended up voting together because the bandwagon for flying lemur was so strong and none of the other bandwagons seemed to be taking off without their encouragement. It could also be why flying lemur waited until nearly the last second to change their vote and save themselves. They had to because none of the other towns joined in. That or you are right and they aren't a wolf and they just didn't want to be the one to pull the trigger to evict someone else without their own neck being on the line. Hope that made sense. Writing this on break at work.

Edit: just realized that I was responding to Flyinglemur. Well, that's awkward bit still. You may be right but also, I'm going to wait for some more evidence before jumping on either of our theories.
    More or less neutral reads and mirroring Alandra's post from earlier. Slight wolf lean.
    I get that. Ill admit my theory feels like a bit of a stretch. I avoided the bandwagons because I felt bad signing up to lynch somebody on nothing
    gac3 backs off from their previous theory almost immediately. Wolf lean.
    I'll be honest... Between the night and day now... I've no idea what is going on. Of all the theories I was hoping to play out, a mass attack on the paladin Outsider is not what I expected and without more information I'm not sure where to go.
    Filler post, null lean.
    Wanting to vote but not yet wanting to jump on a bandwagon. So I'll cast my vote for flatfooted and see where that goes for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Da'Shain: libro
    (3) BasketOfPuppies: Caerulea, Alandra, flyinglemur
    flat_footed: kgato503, gac3
    Libro: flat_footed

Vote for me, with count, null lean.
    I was planning to change my vote based on these announcements but given the current status, I'll leave it where it is.

Da'Shain: libro, flatfooted
    (2) BasketOfPuppies: Caerulea, Alandra
    (4*) flat_footed: kgato503, gac3, flyinglemur, AvatarVecna
    Updated, incorrect count. It's easy for a wolf to hide behind providing helpful info, like totals throughout the day. Slight Wolf lean.
    I saw that and edited. Will now edit AV's vote into that one.
    I will also point out, that if the two people who have copped to their roles are being honest and survive being lynched, they seem like high targets for wolves tonight.
    Pointing out the obvious, but in a way to help town. Town lean.
    A large part of why I am currently trying to keep my vote off both of you.
    Odd phrasing, may have been trying to appear more towny than not. Slight wolf lean.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    That wording hit me oddly. Trying to keep your vote off me? That doesn’t seem like something you have to try at. Maybe I’m just reading too much into that.
    I get where that came across. Earlier today I decided I would jump on a band wagon after work (near the end of the day cycle). I had meant to convey that I was actively avoiding the two biggest band wagons now because I'm choosing to believe you guys but without the context of my original plans I can see where that was confusing.

10. - Top - End - #130

Sure, I’ll take the bait.

Original plans?
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-21 at 04:24 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, I’ll take the bait.

Original plans?
    Honestly, vote for flying lemur. I thought they seemed wolfy. Now I'm choosing to believe you too and am aiming not to lynch you if I can.

Sorry if I missed any votes. Doing this on phone at work

12. - Top - End - #132

I’m going to look at your recent posts as though you were a wolf. You made 3 posts, two of which were in response to me. Both of my responses were because you phrased something weirdly and I asked for clarification. But here’s the thing- you very well could have put all of that information in one post. By doing it this way, you were able to draw it out and also get 5 dummy posts up, which makes it harder for people to sift through in the future. Perhaps your plan was simply to obfuscate as long as possible, hoping to make it to nightfall. Unfortunately that didn’t happen since we’ve been online at the same time.

Now to look at those posts as though you were a townie. Perhaps this is because you don’t want to give away what your role is to lurking wolves? I honestly can’t think of a reason for a townie to break a post up in that kind of a way. I am willing to give some wiggle room because you’re new.

As-is, I’m going to put this back-and-forth in the “slight wolf” category.

And with that, seeing as how it is 5:17AM, I’m going to sleep. Unfortunately I probably won’t wake up until Night 2. Hopefully I don’t die.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-21 at 05:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I’m going to look at your recent posts as though you were a wolf. You made 3 posts, two of which were in response to me. Both of my responses were because you phrased something weirdly and I asked for clarification. But here’s the thing- you very well could have put all of that information in one post. By doing it this way, you were able to draw it out and also get 5 dummy posts up, which makes it harder for people to sift through in the future. Perhaps your plan was simply to obfuscate as long as possible, hoping to make it to nightfall. Unfortunately that didn’t happen since we’ve been online at the same time.

Now to look at those posts as though you were a townie. Perhaps this is because you don’t want to give away what your role is to lurking wolves? I honestly can’t think of a reason for a townie to break a post up in that kind of a way. I am willing to give some wiggle room because you’re new.

As-is, I’m going to put this back-and-forth in the “slight wolf” category.

And with that, seeing as how it is 5:17AM, I’m going to sleep. Unfortunately I probably won’t wake up until Night 2. Hopefully I don’t die.
    My split up posts are most likely due to the fact I am on my phone at work. I am not supposed to be on my phone at work but I've been excited by developments and work has been dead. Even with work being dead though, I can lose the right to have my phone at work if I get caught so it's been hurried. I haven't been intending to leave half formed ideas, just rushing through posts so as not to get caught

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Honestly, I only wanted flat_footed to respond more and provide whatever analysis they may have, and they have. Unfortunately, it seems to have taken a life of its own.

I'll move my vote over to Da'Shain, due to not wanting my info-poke to be lethal. Honestly, I don't have much of a read on anyone right now, and I am really tired (it is quite late where I'm at).

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I am now off work and have been told I messed up the count, I went back and started over from before I started doing it and think I have fixed my problems. So let me try again with an updated count.

Spoiler: Count
    Show

flyinglemur: JeenLeen
    Da'Shain: libro, flatfooted, basketofpuppies, kgato
    BasketOfPuppies: Caerulea
    *flat_footed: gac3, flyinglemur, avatarvecna, alandra

That said, the current vote has flat_footed dying based on merit of reaching that number of votes first. (This is if I am right about both count and how tie votes work.) So I actually am going to change my vote to dashain because I have no idea which one is a wolf but dashain hasn't voted as far as I can tell.

Spoiler: Corrected count
    Show

flyinglemur: JeenLeen
    *Da'Shain: libro, flatfooted, basketofpuppies, kgato, gac3
    BasketOfPuppies: Caerulea
    flat_footed: flyinglemur, avatarvecna, alandra
    Last edited by gac3; 2019-11-21 at 06:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Poking Alexei for more activity. >:V

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Da'Shain hasn't voted or spoken up this Day yet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post
    Well I think I'm doomed, so I might as well reveal my role, in case anyone cares to reconsider their vote. I'm a neutral called the savant whose only goal is to survive until the end of the game. My power is to scry someone at night and get a list of the roles they may possibly be, two town, one neutral, and one wolf. Obviously only one is their true role. Last night I tried this on kgato503, but someone role blocked me.
    Guess I’ll claim too. I’m the Diviner. I scried Elenna as a Neutral last night.
    Assuming these statements are true, we know 3 of the 3 or 4 neutrals. The Outsider (dead), flyinglemur (Seer), and Elenna. Based on Night 1's fiasco-kill, it's probable that Elenna is the neutral with the kill power and goal of killing everybody.

We also know there is an Evoker (Night kill), a Diviner (BasketOfPuppies), a Sorcerer (Night kill), and at least one of the Enchanter/Bard (someone blocked flyinglemur). Or at least someone who can emulate fireballs, lightning bolts, and power-blocks.

To those who think speculating on powers help the wolves: I see that for Town powers (or, rather, for determining who has what role), since that helps wolves hone in on someone like the Diviner.
    But this all seems really obvious, and I want to state it in case anyone sees any alternative to these conclusions. That is, besides the alternative that flyinglemur and/or BasketOfPuppies is lying. Also, I think discussing this helps us get closer to figuring out the exact distribution of Town/Wolf/Neutral. That seems helpful to us.
    If you think the discussion above really helps the wolves more than town, please elaborate on why.

Elenna, care to respond to the claim on you? The details as given make you out to be almost as big a threat to the Town as the wolves.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Da'Shain is simply sitting there, stock-still, gazing out the window in a forlorn, vacant kind of way, and doesn't even so much as flinch as the mob forms.

Da'Shain died today. They were the Enchanter. They were executed.

NIGHT 2 START
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2019-11-21 at 12:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I should stop procrastinating at work, but I have a few minutes while a program runs, so...

So what did learn with Da'Shain's death?
    Not much, I fear. If we knew they didn't block flyinglemur last night, that would prove there's a bard. But we don't have that info. Even if there is a necromancer who could get it and share it, I don't think it'd be wise for them to reveal themselves in order to confirm just that small tidbit.
    That said, going forward, I highly suggest that if anyone's night power is blocked, they share that so we have an idea if there is a bard or not. If I read the powers right, the only thing you reveal by saying you were blocked is that you aren't the necromancer. Seems worth knowing an active wolf role.

I'm a tad bit nervous about being Night-Killed, but I haven't taken the time to really analyze the last few posts as the votes shifted radically near the end of the day AND had the time to evaluate whether sharing it at night would be helping the town or helping the wolves. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time.

Speaking of night-kills: Elenna, please do give us some defense qua BoP's claim of scrying you. Also, please don't stab me.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Speaking of night-kills: Elenna, please do give us some defense qua BoP's claim of scrying you. Also, please don't stab me.
    I'd rather Elenna wait to confirm/deny the seer until D3 starts. If it's a ploy on BoP's part, her confirming or denying now makes choosing a kill target easier for the wolves, you know?

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Welp for some reason I thought the day ended in the evening (EST)? I blame the fact that I haven't gotten a lot of sleep recently.

Anyways, yeah, waiting to comment on BoP's claim until after the night ends.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #142

Just in case I die- Elenna, I’m sorry for outing you. I knew that someone would’ve asked for my scry N1, so I figured I might as well get it out there.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

@AvatarVecna and Elenna: yeah, I can respect keeping quiet for those reasons.

As I think about it, I don't have much of anything to add this Night that wouldn't potentially help the wolves (or the kill-them-all neutral) more than the Town, so I'll stay quiet, too.

By the way, I'll have limited internet access after about 5 PM EST today. I hope to check in tonight and Saturday morning, but it might be until Saturday night that I get a chance. Probably will only be able to check in Sunday night as well on Sunday.

24. - Top - End - #144

BlueWizardGirl

Hey, Unavenger, I thought of a weird role interaction.
    Say Aleph is a voider, Rou is the transmuter, Kat is the illusionist, and Zel is some other role. What happens if Rou swaps Aleph and Zel, and Kat targets Zel, to use the power on Rou?

So the transmuter swapped the voider into the target for the illusionist, who voided the transmuter.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Say Aleph is a voider, Rou is the transmuter, Kat is the illusionist, and Zel is some other role. What happens if Rou swaps Aleph and Zel, and Kat targets Zel, to use the power on Rou?

So the transmuter swapped the voider into the target for the illusionist, who voided the transmuter.
    @BasketOfPuppies This is the kind of BS question I was referring to in the general WW/Mafia chat. The more power roles there are, the more possibilities there are for weird interactions like this.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    @BasketOfPuppies This is the kind of BS question I was referring to in the general WW/Mafia chat. The more power roles there are, the more possibilities there are for weird interactions like this.
    Thanks, though the power roles I’m planning should be pretty simple.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #147

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post

So Tra swaps Ench and Evo, Ilu tries to use Evo but accidentally uses Ench on Tra? The interaction I've decided for voids and swaps is that swaps happen first, but if the void hits a swap, it negates the swap for the rest of the night. I've seen it done differently, though.

EDIT: I might not be about at 5 to do the morning post, so it'll probably be an hour or two late. Sorry!
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2019-11-23 at 10:55 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

WolfInSheepsClothing

The evoker was out for the kill, again. And was still not really being picky about who they killed.

"Hey there, gac! How're ya doing!"
    "I'm trying to concentrate on this illusi... what are you doing..."
    "Fireball! Woohoo!"

Libro sat in quiet contemplation of his next move. A moment later, he didn't sit at all. Dust that had once been Libro scattered to the winds.

"Man, that scroll was good. Maybe I shoulda been a wizard so I could scribe it into my book." The sorcerer shrugged and threw the now-blank sheet of paper into the nearest fireplace.

gac3 died last night. They were burned to death with a fireball. They were the Illusionist.
    Libro died last night. He was disintegrated. His role could not be determined.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay, so that claim: I'm the Survivor

"??? You picked a bad day to visit the wizards' tower, but you have more than a few tricks up your sleeves. Let's hope you can survive, one way or another. You will be told your powers when you are granted this role, and your role will be revealed on death (unless you are disintegrated)."

Basically I have a few one-shot powers: I can survive one lynch and one night-kill, I have one role-scry, and one kill. Haven't used any of it yet. And obviously my goal is to survive the game.

My guess is BoP is probably telling the truth, since the wolves don't have any way of knowing I'm neutral. Unless they got lucky with the Spellthief, I guess... but also nobody has counter-claimed BoP yet.
    (Incidentally, if anyone is the actual Seer, please tell us so we can murder BoP and catch ourselves a wolf.)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

30. - Top - End - #150

SamuraiGirl

Nearly everything in this game has come as a surprise to me. I feel like I have no clue whatsoever about what is going on, so I'm just going to ask a lot of questions.

@kgato503 @BasketOfPuppies: Why did you vote for Da'Shain? Why did you move away from flat_footed?

@AvatarVecna: Why did you move your vote away from flat_footed and poked Alexei instead, at a point where it was obvious that this wouldn't get Alexei killed?

@JeenLeen: You never moved your vote away from flyinglemur, if I read this correctly. Why not?

@Unavenger: What happens if Alexei doesn't turn up again? I don't think that he posted since day 1.