The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wizards' Guild IC

Usually, and in this case I should say yes.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

I feel suspicious about the flyinglemur wagon forming. However, Iím going to be keeping my vote on them because they voted for a newbie, which I donít like d1.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-16 at 04:03 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yes, the infiltrators have group chat.

Vote tally:

Xihirli 3 (AvatarVecna, Alexei, Elenna)
    Libro 1 (Alandra)
    flyinglemur 3* (BasketOfPuppies, Caerulea, Xihirli)
    Da'Shain 1 (The Outsider)
    gac3 1 (flyinglemur)
    Elenna 1 (JeenLeen)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    My reasoning is purely a joke vote based on AVís name while the game fires up.

Vecna is a god of secrets in the traditional Greyhawk campaign setting, and was a lich/encourages necromancy.

Hence their similarly-humorous response.
    Thank you for the explanation. My vote was more or less random anyway.

In general, it's best to not take my theories too seriously, because I always craft a lot of them, often overly complicated. So as a disclaimer: nothing in this post should really be read as an accusation - they are just things I noticed that might or might not be suspicious and that could be interesting to consider on Day 2 when we know a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post

Okay the votes are as follows:
    (1) Xihirli: AvatarVecna
    (2*) AvatarVecna: Libro, Elenna
    (1) The Outsider: JeenLeen
    (2) flyinglemur: Libro, Caerulea
    (1) DaShain: The Outsider
    (1) gac3: flyinglemur

*if the first person to get the that number of votes is lynched, this will be the person lynched.
    I may change my vote later if any real evidence emerges.
    You forgot my vote! Are you protective of Libro for some reason? (You forgot Alexeis vote for Xihirli, too, which apparently counts, even though it wasn't in red.)

--------------------------------------

Is it just me, or are the votes moving very fast here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Hmmm. Why so protective, JeenLeen?
    As it stands, though, you may have a point. DaShain! Consider yourself poked!
    (And don't think you've gotten off easy, Xihirli. I'm watching you...)
    This sounds a bit like you want to remain inconspicious or at least do not want to have to explain your votes: first you choose someone who is generally considered to be suspicious, then you choose a new player who hasn't actually said anything yet, so that your vote is not likely to start a wagon or make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Does the above help any? In terms of showing that I'm telling the truth about not wanting AV, specifically, dead, that is.
    Considering the wolves have 11 -12 people they want dead that really doesn't prove anything.

I feel suspicious about the flyinglemur wagon forming. However, Iím going to be keeping my vote on them because they voted for a newbie, which I donít like d1.
    I find it a bit suspicious, too, to be honest. It's very openly just there to keep Xihirli and AV in play, not because anybody seems to find flyinglemur wolfish. On the other hand, remaining on a wagon and distancing yourself at the same time doesn't look very innocent, either.

That said, I agree that it wouldn't be fair to lynch AV on the first day (not that there still seems to be a danger of that) and I like Xihirlis playing style; she doesn't seem suspicious to me right now.
    Considering flyinglemur is fairly inactive at the moment, that would be a smaller loss for the town if they are both townies. If they are both wolves, Xihirli would definitely be the more dangerous of both, but right now, neither of them is really on my very, very provisional list.

That could change fast, though, and I am definitely curious about flyinglemurs reaction to the wagons. So: I change my vote to flyinglemur for the time being, but I would be easily convinced to move away, depending on flyinglemurs answer and whether I become more confident in any of my own suspicions.

(Which means that I am basically doing the same thing that I just accused BasketOfPuppies of doing. But if the vote turns out to be between Xihirli and flyinglemur than right now I am more comfortable with lynching the latter than lynching the former.)

----------------------

Other things: kgato503, flat_footed and Da'Shain have not said anything yet and probably have not noticed that the game has already started.

gac3, Alexei and flyinglemur have been very quiet - time constraints or an deliberate attempt to be unconspicious? (Unsuccessfully, in flyinglemur's case.)
    Last edited by Alandra; 2019-11-16 at 12:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Well... This is interesting. All these pointed fingers and I have never done one of these games before. So I'll just sit back in my comfy chair, sip my tea and see who the front runner for hanging is.
    Wait... So do wolves know who each other are?
    Switching my vote to gac3 for three weak reasons that all add up to something smelling fishy:

1) gac3 still hasn't voted. Voting new players is bad community strategy, not voting D1 is bad game strategy.

2) flyinglemur put their vote here and they almost immediately got ganged up on for it.

3) This second post could be a newish player trying to learn the game, but could also be a newish player trying to vaguely distance themselves by playing clueless. It seems off to me.
    Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Since the game seems suddenly much more open, I move my vote away from flyinglemur and to one of my own suspicions, namely Elenna, mainly because of her reaction to JeenLeen's commentary (which I quoted in my previous post), where she more or less tried to claim that her willingness to change her vote should make her less suspicious.

Also, she claimed that Xihirli was her only choice for a counter wagon, even though there was already a vote on Libro (which she might have missed, because Caerulea didn't include it in her list of votes - if Libro turned out to be a wolf, that would make both Elenna and Caerulea suspicious).

Okay, that's a good point. (The part about AV finally getting to play, that is.) As such, Xihirli.
    (Also, if I want to keep up the "make a wagon and see what happens" strategy, you're the only person I can point to who isn't super new, and I don't like voting new players D1, feels rude if they only get to play one day.)
    @AvatarVecna: I don't think flyinglemur got ganged up on because of their vote for gac3; one vote on a new player is not a wagon and ganging up on everybody who happens to poke a wolf seems like a pretty poor strategy.

Update: Also, there is still nearly a day left until the deadline, so there is still plenty of time for gac3 to vote.
    Last edited by Alandra; 2019-11-16 at 12:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alandra View Post
    @AvatarVecna: I don't think flyinglemur got ganged up on because of their vote for gac3; one vote on a new player is not a wagon and ganging up on everybody who happens to poke a wolf seems like a pretty poor strategy.
    I'm just saying it seems weird that three posts in a row is "flyinglemur votes" and then "flyinglemur gets voted for twice".

Update: Also, there is still nearly a day left until the deadline, so there is still plenty of time for gac3 to vote.
    And once they have, I'll consider moving my vote. That's part of the point of applying pressure.
    Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

8. - Top - End - #38

WolfInSheepsClothing

Xihirli 2 (Alexei, Elenna)
    gac3 2 (flyinglemur, AvatarVecna)
    Elenna 2 (JeenLeen, Alandra)
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2019-11-16 at 02:06 PM. Reason: I know what I'm doing I swear

9. - Top - End - #39
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Xihirli 2 (Alexei, Elenna)
    Elenna 2 (JeenLeen, Elenna)
    Pretty sure Elenna didn't vote for themselves. I think you mean Alandra there.

Let's put another vote on Xihirli for a counterwagon to flyinglemur. Votes seem to pile on one person really quick with this group.
    Show
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Puts down tea after a long draw.* Tea is a perfectly acceptable drink for us enlightened folk. It strengthens our mind and our connection to that which a wolf could only fathom. However, it seems that these fur dressed nuts have caused a big enough mess that blindly accusing someone is less offensive than waiting for evidence to come forth. That said, to blend in, I feel I must point my fingers at AvatarVecna for suspecting me of false treachery. The pursuit of knowledge is no such crime as you might think. But how could a wolf ever truly understand.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

*Puts down tea after a long draw.* Tea is a perfectly acceptable drink for us enlightened folk. It strengthens our mind and our connection to that which a wolf could only fathom. However, it seems that these fur dressed nuts have caused a big enough mess that blindly accusing someone is less offensive than waiting for evidence to come forth. That said, to blend in, I feel I must point my fingers at AvatarVecna for suspecting me of false treachery. The pursuit of knowledge is no such crime as you might think. But how could a wolf ever truly understand.
    Hope you're ready to look real stupid.
    Many thanks!

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Hope you're ready to look real stupid.
    That's the name of the game ;)

13. - Top - End - #43

WolfInSheepsClothing

Xihirli 3 (Alexei, Elenna, flat_footed)

14. - Top - End - #44

MindFlayer

Having very little to go on besides a desire not to jump on any bandwagons my first time playing, I will follow the example of my own poker and pay it forward. flat_footed can have a vote, being denied his Dex bonus and all.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Alandra View Post
    Since the game seems suddenly much more open, I move my vote away from flyinglemur and to one of my own suspicions, namely Elenna, mainly because of her reaction to JeenLeen's commentary (which I quoted in my previous post), where she more or less tried to claim that her willingness to change her vote should make her less suspicious.

Also, she claimed that Xihirli was her only choice for a counter wagon, even though there was already a vote on Libro (which she might have missed, because Caerulea didn't include it in her list of votes - if Libro turned out to be a wolf, that would make both Elenna and Caerulea suspicious).
    Yeah, I was going off Caerulea's list. That's what I get for being lazy, I guess.
    That being said, I'll leave my vote on Xihirli on the basis that I voted for AvatarVecna and then suddenly a new wagon was created on flyinglemur. Might be too obvious to be a wolf move, but it's more suspicion than I have against Libro.

As for my reaction to JeenLeen's comment, I understood
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    That said, as The Outsider moved their vote, I'm going to move mine to Elenna. While putting a second vote on someone could be as innocent as they state, it also is a good justification for a wolf to point death towards AvatarVecna.
    as meaning that a theoretical wolf-me might have a reason to vote for AvatarVecna specifically, hence my suggestion that moving my vote off should lessen their suspicion.
    Granted, I'm not sure why a wolf would have any particular preferred target on day 1. But if that's not what JeenLeen meant, then I'm not sure what they did mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Having very little to go on besides a desire not to jump on any bandwagons my first time playing, I will follow the example of my own poker and pay it forward. flat_footed can have a vote, being denied his Dex bonus and all.
    BTW, votes here are generally in red, with the tag COLOR="#FF0000"

- - - Updated - - -

That's the name of the game ;)
    No, the name of the game is "WW/Mafia Wizards' Guild". Or possibly just Werewolf.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Wow okay, all I said was tea is bad and people want me dead. Truly, the truth is a bitter drink, like tea. Changing my vote to Xihirli, because it's the only vote that helps me not die.

17. - Top - End - #47

People who are making a deal out of my list being wrong: I just misread the thread. Nothing more to it.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

We started?! Ack!

*One quick read and tally later*

Okay, I think I'm up to speed... This has been a rather active D1.

Honestly? I'm not sold on either of the main bandwagons. There has been a fair amount of vote switching (which I have seen be a possible indicator of wolves in the past, and is one of the few data points available during D1), but there isn't a huge gap between the leader in that department (Alandra, if I haven't missed anything) and most everyone else (they are onto their 3rd vote of the day, most everyone else is at their 2nd, and a few are still on their 1st).

While Xihirli is normally not to be trusted, I like her suggesting to back off of AvatarVecna for day one (they have been doing a lot of narrating for us, so a one day reprieve to enjoy themselves seems reasonable). And I'm not really comfortable jumping on new players... So I guess I'm leaning towards the flyinglemur wagon. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

...And I misread the timestamps and though we were further into the day then we are... Ugh (note, previous post and vote was rushed because I thought D1 was ending soon)

I'll stay with my current vote for now. Flyinglemur, your posts have been fairly short so far. I know we are only into D1 (and I now know we are only halfway through it ), but have you gotten any reads off anyone else? Do you have anything more to say or add? Xihirli, same questions.
    Last edited by kgato503; 2019-11-16 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Gender pronouns (sorry)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    I'll stay with my current vote for now. Flyinglemur, your posts have been fairly short so far. I know we are only into D1 (and I now know we are only halfway through it ), but have you gotten any reads off anyone else? Do you have anything more to say or add? Xihirli, same questions.
    Afraid not, no. Not much to go off of D1, as is tradition.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

As for my reaction to JeenLeen's comment, I understood

as meaning that a theoretical wolf-me might have a reason to vote for AvatarVecna specifically, hence my suggestion that moving my vote off should lessen their suspicion.
    Granted, I'm not sure why a wolf would have any particular preferred target on day 1. But if that's not what JeenLeen meant, then I'm not sure what they did mean?
    I figured a wolf would like an excuse to get two votes on a Town, to increase the odds that the randomness of Day 1 hits a Town instead of a Wolf. That's why I was originally suspicious of The Outsider and then shifted my suspicions to you.
    So not thinking that a wolf has a reason to target an individual specifically; rather, that putting a 2nd vote on someone early on looks suspicious.

With all the movements of today, though, I am a bit suspicious that either Xihirli or AvatarVecna might be wolf, and this move towards flyinglemur was a well-orchestrated protection of them. But it's hard to say for sure, and I agree with the sentiment that AvatarVecna should get a chance to play after hosting the last two games. So I don't really feel comfortable with any of those until we have more information.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I figured a wolf would like an excuse to get two votes on a Town, to increase the odds that the randomness of Day 1 hits a Town instead of a Wolf. That's why I was originally suspicious of The Outsider and then shifted my suspicions to you.
    So not thinking that a wolf has a reason to target an individual specifically; rather, that putting a 2nd vote on someone early on looks suspicious
    Ah, that makes sense. Nevermind then.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #52

Iíve been trying to get some info from today, but I keep spiraling downwards into WIFOMís. Iím still around and keeping an eye on things, I just donít want to clog the channel up.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

23. - Top - End - #53

WolfInSheepsClothing

Xihirli 4* (Alexei, Elenna, flat_footed, flyinglemur)
    flyinglemur 4 (BasketOfPuppies, Caerulea, Xihirli, kgato503)
    gac3 1 (AvatarVecna)
    flat_footed 1 (Da'Shain)

You have until 5PM forum time (which is about when this thread got approved) to finalise your votes.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

@gac3
    @Da'Shain:

Nobody except the wolves has much information on day one. But if nobody accuses anybody that only helps the wolves, because most of the information on day two comes from the speculation on day one combined with the information about the roles that were killed.

While the power roles can help with that, they are usually not enough (and if they were the only ones to say anything, it would be really easy for the wolves to find and kill them).

Also, there are nearly always one or two wolves who keep quiet in the hope that they are forgotten while the villagers kill each other - or because they are afraid of saying the wrong thing, since analyzing the posting of known wolf is also a great way to get info.

So the best way to help the village is to post at least some theories as early as possible, no matter if they are wrong.

@BasketOfPuppies:
    Iíve been trying to get some info from today, but I keep spiraling downwards into WIFOMís. Iím still around and keeping an eye on things, I just donít want to clog the channel up.
    Maybe you could still share some theories? I don't think you would clog up anything and I would be really interested in your thoughts.

25. - Top - End - #55

I have to go to work soon, but Iíll put a reminder in my phone to post when I get back.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

26. - Top - End - #56

WolfInSheepsClothing

Never trust a drow. That's just common sense, for the most part. Xihirli was beginning to look mighty suspicious, too. As the sun went down, you all turned on her...

"Dimension door!"

Yeah, okay, that complicates things. But, she can't have gone far...

"Summon Swarm! Polymorph!"

You run into the room she teleported into, and find... a swarm of mice. Wielding toothpicks. And in a castle made only of the finest cheese, sits the queen of mice! Or, rather, Xihirli, morphed into a mouse. Flyinglemur walks up to the castle, and casts Summon Boot, and that's the end of the mouse queen.

Hey, at least she went out in style! Her body turns back to that of a drow, and as you search her dead body, you're horrified to find a spellbook, filled almost entirely with conjuration spells!

Xihirli died today. She was the Conjurer. She was executed.

Night 1 Start

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I've got a bad headache right now and not a lot of time, but I hope Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning to be able to look through vote history and gleam something from Xihirli's death and the other wagons.

But if I'm quiet during this Night phase, it's real life intruding (busy today, doctor visit Monday morning, not sure how busy work will be).

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Well fudge, I forgot to factor in forum time. Hooray for useless votes.
    Aaaaaand we killed the conjurer. Great start. I might be rather inactive this night phase as well, because real life is horrible.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

It's not too often there's a serious shift from one big wagon to two completely different big wagons D1. It's usually a bit more chill when there's nothing to go on...
    Many thanks!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

That's galling. Both the fact that I thought that day one would be several hours longer than it turned out to be and the fact that we've already killed the Conjurer. (I'm not sure whether I would have changed my vote for a forth time or not, but I would have liked a chance to think about it, because I felt extremely indecisive on day one. I probably won't have the time to keep being that active during the next days.)

Well, there are two obvious possibilities: Either flyinglemur is a wolf or they aren't.

The former case would make Elenna and especially flat_footed suspicious, possibly also Alexei. The latter case might mean that the wolves (especially the ones who voted later) kept away from the wagons, because they didn't care who got lynched. Which isn't too helpful, since that list includes six people besides myself.

There is also the fact to consider that there was a wagon on AvatarVecna during the time the wagons on Xihirli and flyinglemur started, if only for a short time, but I'm not sure if that tells us anything.