New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default The good doctor learns to sculpt

So, I just started messing about with sculpting and whatnot and thought i'd post the results here. I honestly have no idea what I am doing so i was hoping you could give me some tips.

So, I've been watching miyazaki, and i couldn't resist. Not very happy with how it came out, but it was my second sculpt.
    Spoiler
    Show

Video games, they are my muse. First sculpt, very happy with the results.

Spoiler
    Show

And the scrolls have foretold,
    of black wings on the cold,
    that when brothers make war come unfurled.
    Alduin, bane of kings,
    ancient shadow unbound,
    with a hunger to swallow the world

Ok, so only alduin here is a sculpt, the dovahkiin is only a conversion, still my first work on both counts

Close up of the Dovahkiin (sideways, i'll fix that eventually) He's a converted D&D mini (stonechild) and my first attempt at using green stuff (or using highlights)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by DoctorGlock; 2012-04-04 at 01:16 PM.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The good doctor learns to sculpt

Verry nice! Could we possibly get a view of the other side of the deer? I love the antlers, and the vines on the hooves as well. Also a gorgeous job on the dragon, both the sculpt and paintjob - the wings look very realistic. Quite professionally done, from what I can see. :) Any chance of some more photos? These ones are a tad blurry.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The good doctor learns to sculpt

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeburn View Post
    Verry nice! Could we possibly get a view of the other side of the deer? I love the antlers, and the vines on the hooves as well. Also a gorgeous job on the dragon, both the sculpt and paintjob - the wings look very realistic. Quite professionally done, from what I can see. :) Any chance of some more photos? These ones are a tad blurry.
    Thanks. More photos will be forthcoming. My only camera is my iphone and while it supposedly gets good resolution i got it yesterday and do not know all the fiddly bits and bells and whistles. As to the deer spirit thing i'll get the other side after i do some repairs, soda bottle fell on it and knocked some bits off. Lost a few so i need to rework some things.

As to Alduin, I am going to rework the neck to improve the texture and do some trimming on the wings to remove the bulky and blotchy bits. Also updated the original post.
    Last edited by DoctorGlock; 2012-04-04 at 02:15 PM.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring