The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Dragons of Alnia (IC) - Team 2 Beta test Encounter

~Sanctum of Penance~

Objective: End the ritual imprisoning Lucent No-Dri

The transition between the game's overworld and the encounter's instance is almost instantaneous, such that even for those who lingered within the space between the two places waiting for their party experience little of the transition; perhaps a momentary flash of weightlessness and a swirl of non-color, but in less than a second the entire team arrives at the snowy foot of the husk of a grand mountain.

The air here is still, enough so that only the fluttering of birds and the travail of insects can easily be heard, but an almost invisible mist still swirls up the face of the mountain and into the sky where it can linger near closer to the eclipsed sun.

Even on the ground the heavens seem close enough to touch; the moon so full in the sky, the sky so troubled with clouds, the horizon so laden with hills and mountains.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-17 at 01:38 AM.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

Across a variety of hidden dimensions you are dismayed.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Dragons of Alnia (IC) - Team 2 Beta test Encounter

Jasper immediately activates his stealth skill and uses his perception skill to scan hus surroundings.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Perception check:(1d20+55)[58] (True seeing)
    Stealth check:(1d20+61)[67]
    (No need for cover or concealment to activate or maintain stealth)

In the party chat, he says, "Shoot! I forgot to test whether perception and stealth stay on between instances. Oh well."
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-17 at 11:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

As the grave air of the mountain touched Sadao, an unsettling feeling started crawling under his skin. "I don't like this, not one bit", says telepatically to the party members beside him, as he's checking covertly his surroundings.

Spoiler: Roll Post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFenix View Post
    Perception Check
    (1d20+27)[41]

Stealth Check
    (1d20+31)[32]

"Guys, I think brightness and contrast are way off on my device..."
    Last edited by DarthFenix; 2019-11-16 at 09:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Allriight. The hunt is on!" She grinned wide, throwing both arms out and growing to Huge side with the Shapechange spell, weapon's reach extending along with her. "Now, I'm the Magic Sky Bus, so who wants to hitch a ride and use their Perception Checks to help keep a look out for Pennywise while I fly around at Mach Speed? I know he usually lurks in the sewers so we'll need somebody with a Burrow speed checking those out, but..."

"Also, whoever volunteers, tell me if you don't got a True Seeing spell. That one time we did this and my scouter didn't have True Sight was bloody embarrassing', so say the word and I'll fix you up."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Brottor had just enough time to gather up the leftovers before he goes through the portal with the others, saying ”I’ll change the recipes as needed. It’s best to figure out what everyone likes after all!”

In the gloomy world that was the instance he couldn’t help but grumble ”This place needs some greenery. When we get done I’m plantin some trees and the lich can deal.” He looked around and squished down in between some rocks, hiding himself as best as he could, and said ”I could ride along if no one else does, but I don’t have truesight and only have a decent perception. Couldn’t find any Brighteye in the garden when I logged in last.”

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Init: (1d20+6)[9]
    Stealth: (1d20+39)[42]
    Spoiler: Lurker applies to Stealth:
    Show
    Creatures using unusual forms of sensory perception such as blindsight, greensight, or tremorsense cannot automatically foil your use of Stealth; such creatures must make a Perception check as normal to detect you when you make use of the Stealth skill.
    Lurker foils divination spells and Divination sphere sense abilities in the manner described above, but has no effect on spell, sphere, spell-like, or supernatural abilities specifically used to uncover information about you rather than enhancing the user’s perception, such as when scrying or using the Divination sphere‘s divine abilities.

Perception: (1d20+37)[57]

Edit: After a few seconds of getting comfortable Brottor whispers ”I take that back. There’s insects and birds slowly gathering for us. About 300 feet out right now. We want to clear it out or leave it?”
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-11-17 at 02:45 AM.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm, looks like I burned alot of power on short buffs for nothing, so he wants to play hide and seek huh?"
    Rolland begins to scan the area.
    "Sure I'll ride ya, babe ;) I'll just blast any monsters that come through the ski with my precious babies."
    Rolland kisses his guns for good luck and then mounts on "magic sky bus" guns at the ready. "And while I'm at it might as well give my temporary buffs use them well!"

Spoiler: Rolls:
    Show

spot
    (1d20+56)[75]
    can see through any illusions and glamers at the moment.
    standard converted to move action to gather Animus, then another move action to grant the party Fire and Wind Mystic buffs
    for 8 rounds you can-
    (8/8)
    Wind-
    +30 enhancement bonus to move speed, can make acrobatic jumps to fly if had flying start
    swift action move up to 30 ft, and can attack with a weapon they are holding at the end of it.
    Fire-
    +5 untyped bonus to attacks
    +10 fire damage to all your attacks
    you ignore up to 20 points of energy resistance with your attacks
    enemies that target you with melee attacks take 20 fire damage regardless if they hit or not
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2019-11-17 at 08:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

RedKnightGirl

She watches as he hops onto her piggyback style, him not having magical size increases making him straddling her neck and acting as a fancy helmet kind of viable. Resting a finger up to tap his head to transfer the True Seeing, and giving a Mind Blank along with it.

"Careful with the baby on board jokes, that's gonna lead to innuendo. Also leaving two of my scrying eyes with the rest of you. If they make a beeline to return to me, that means something is going on. I'd like to just message or telepathic bind, but this is incase those don't suffice."

Spreading out her figment wings and soaring high upwards, really seeing everyone at once. It was a majestic view of the hellscape. A funny 'confirm' notification came up on the mindblank spell, delayed a bit, informing her that he already had a mind blank, and that she could refund the slot. Which she did, 8th level slots were actually *kind* of expensive for her to toss around.

(Using a move action and two standards to move 3x520 ft around the field from 75ft up. Going around the different areas in a spiraling outward circle, letting him get a wide lay of the zone to spot stuff that's odd. Also the Swift on a surge to grant us bonuses to saves for a couple rounds.)
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2019-11-17 at 11:03 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

From a higher vantage point it is possible to see a good few miles away from this place where the light dusting of snow is juxtaposed with burning dirt and fluttering ash, the two forming a line that curves out of sight into the through distant hills. Beyond this line the countryside is charred and, in some places, still burns wildly.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-17 at 12:17 PM.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler: Information
    Show
    Spoiler: Senses
    Show
    Perception: +39 ;|;
    Senses: Blindsense (30 feet), Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision (quadruple distance) ;|;
    All Around Vision, Deathwatch
    Spoiler: Defences
    Show
    Armour Class: 53, Touch 45, FF 42 ;|;
    Damage Reduction: 6/-, 10/Cold Iron, 10/Adamantine, 5/Magic ;|;
    Energy Resistance: 10/- (except fire, positive, and negative), 25 (Fire), 5 (Negative) ;|;
    Spell Resistance: 31 ;|;
    Regeneration: 5/minute
    Spoiler: Party
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Rachelle aka Epinephrine_Syn,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Jasper aka MinotaurWarblad,
    Rolland aka NightRaiderX,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Spoiler: Temporary Buffs
    Show
    +3 Morale to Attack and Damage ;|;
    +6 Morale to Saves vs Nonmagical Poison ;|;
    20 Temporary Hit Points ;|;
    +3 Morale to Dexterity ;|;
    +7 Morale to Charisma ;|;
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Resist Fire and Cold 17 ;|;
    Reduce Negative effects by 6 Rounds
    Armand, the Eight Blades of the Glorious Jade Pyre
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife ; Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Power Points: 435/435 | Ki: 5/20

Armand activates his camouflage, allowing him to just kind of fade into the background, something rather easy considering his incorporeality. Once he was in his stealth mode he began striding along the ground towards the center of the area they appeared to be in. Not getting too far away from the group but perhaps helping to guide them. He assumed their objective would be in the center.

Sure he could fly up like Rachelle but he didn't want to give away all of his tricks at once. If someone saw something he would head towards that, but for now he figured a bit of exploring was in order.

Show
    Armand activates his camouflage ability (allowing him to hide anywhere natural) and looks around for any apparent enemies or objectives?

Stealth: [roll]1d20+43 (roll botched, rerolled in OOC as 48)
    Perception: (1d20+39)[52]
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-11-17 at 10:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    From a higher vantage point it is possible to see a good few miles away from this place where the light dusting of snow is juxtaposed with burning dirt and fluttering ash, the two forming a line that curves out of sight into the through distant hills. Beyond this line the countryside is charred and, in some places, still burns wildly.
    "Seems he's been busy terraforming the countryside for hell. Let's see if he gave us any clues to find him, lower me down a bit would you?", Rolland begins to scan over the destruction, seeking for the demons trail.

Spoiler: Ooc:
    Show
    (1d20+28)[42] Survival Check

11. - Top - End - #11

Show
    Show
    Senses: Blindsense (30 feet), Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision (quadruple distance) ;|;
    Show
    Energy Resistance: 10/- (except fire, positive, and negative), 25 (Fire), 5 (Negative) ;|;
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife ; Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Power Points: 429/435 | Ki: 5/20

Armand stopped briefly before he wandered off to begin mindlinking the party to him incase any of them were separated.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Armand is going to mindlink everyone. So. That's six mindlinks with Armand, if anyone tries to contact someone else using the mindlink Armand will pass messages along by repeating the message to the intended target(s). 6 people mindlinked to Armand, 200 minutes each, costing six power points. If anyone resists Armand will telepathically ask them using his 220 feet of telepathy to ask them why,
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-11-17 at 11:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

As he got used to his surroundings, Brottor began to shuffle about and inspect his surroundings. There was more than enough information present that a quick scan of the codexes was called for before any sort of potential combat happened.

Spoiler: Knowledge Checks
    Show
    I have a +20 Arcana, Dungeoneering, Psionics, and Religion. A +25 Geography and Nature. A +28 Planes and Spellcraft. If you don’t mind I’ll roll the d20+20 minimum for the things and then add 5 or 8 as needed.

Birds and Bees: (1d20+20)[37]
    Landscape: (1d20+20)[27]
    Remains: (1d20+20)[38]
    What we’re hunting: (1d20+20)[37]
    Just for good measure (like, idk, the weather or something I’ve missed from the initial area): (1d20+20)[31]
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

13. - Top - End - #13

RedKnightGirl

"Whatever you say. I was actually gonna suggest we go higher up first, but you're the searcher and goofing off by dancing on the Sky Box is probably not practical right now. We'll dip down to the ground first."

Rachel dipped back to the part for a brief moment to grab one of the Mindlinks, then further along, covering quite a bit of ground closer to the ground this time. It seemed much more like she was skipping along it intermediately rather than flying above now, which was...

"Ugh."

"My model switched to the running animation. The flying animation is so much more majestic. Plus, sparkles."
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2019-11-18 at 06:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well couldn't find him from the rubble but bad news! He is already glitching!" Rolland points to the eclipse in while in team chat. "That's not supposed to be there and on top of it we got European bird types here? Strange as hell."

15. - Top - End - #15

Zindrellar nods at the rest of the team.

Glitching can be very good, or very very bad. Depends on if he's stuck on a wall or a chair, or accidentally essential character.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Brottor nodded along and added ”The birds and such don’t want to cross between the two regions either. Plus the charred land appears to mirror a Gold Dragon’s breath attack.” He scooted around a bit before realizing the vast speed difference, more specifically messaging Rachel but not bothering with whispers ”Think you can try crossing the border? Could be the edge of the instanced area, could just be the birds and the bees feel that mojo of the thing we should be hunting.”

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Rachel's journey is relatively uneventful for a time; most minor creatures make way for her and her cargo as the two scan the landscape for oddities and enemies. The only unusual thing found away from the mountain is the occasional flash of light in the sky, but the cause is too distant to be identified at a glance. There is, however, a common pattern to the flashes, even if the golden light does not appear in the same place: every 6 seconds, like clockwork.

"You should not be here." Five harsh voices shout in unison, even before they appear in the air nearly a hundred meters away. "Impertinent mortals. You will suffer for this intrusion." Five Horned Devils appear clustered together ahead of Rachel, snapping into place in the air suddenly as if by teleportation.

Near Zindar and the rest of the team that remained earthbound another team of Horned Devils appear in an exceptionally similar way; just shy of a hundred meters away, all clustered together, and all exceptionally angry at this intrusion.

"Guardians of the Repentant! KILL! Take no prisoners! A fiend at the back of both groups yell simultaneously.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

The team of fiends hovering ahead of Rachel spare no more words for the matter. The centermost fiend maintains a position slightly behind its brethren as two fiends break away from the group, flying in wide arcs to either side of Rachel. The remaining two lock on to Rachel and Rolland, their eyes alight with infernal, and chain together hushed incantations and magical gestures.

Their movements are perfectly choreographed; eight flaming stones are launched at the PCs just as the charging fiends begin to close in. The eight orbs heavily bombard Rachel's position, exploding into strange masses of arcane energy whether they hit or miss.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show

(1d20+29)[43] vs Rachel Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[19]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Acid damage

Reflex save DC for Rachel and Rolland(before direct hits): DC 25

-

(1d20+29)[33] vs Rachel* Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[26]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Acid damage

-
    (1d20+29)[47] vs Rachel Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[24]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Fire damage

-
    (1d20+29)[31] vs Rachel Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[19]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Fire damage

-
    (1d20+29)[38] vs Rachel Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[21]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Cold damage

-
    (1d20+29)[36] vs Rachel Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[22]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Cold damage

-
    (1d20+29)[35] vs Rachel Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[23]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Electric damage

-
    (1d20+29)[45] vs Rachel Touch ac or take (2d6+14)[20]

If this hits Rachel takes a -4 penalty on the Reflex save to half 21 Electric damage

-

Just as the explosions fade the remaining two Fiends close the final gap and bring their Spiked Chains to bear with a wide swing, one attacking Rachel and the other aiming at Rolland, untold dark magic sparking across the weapons. The Fiend at the back of the group grasps the two standing beside it, bringing them away through teleportation to nearly a hundred meters behind Rachel where the two mages beside it fire off two waves of strange magic.
    Show

Spike Chain vs Rachel:*
    Attack: (1d20+32)[35]*
    Damage: (3d6+25)[36] plus an additional 6 vile damage

Targeted Greater Dispel Magic VS Rachel: (1d20+15)[20]
    -
    Spike Chain vs Rolland:*
    Attack: (1d20+32)[41]*
    Damage: (3d6+25)[41] plus an additional 6 vile damage

Targeted Greater Dispel vs Rolland: (1d20+15)[22]

------
    The fiends that appear before Zindar are slightly more indiscriminate with their attacks, firing off wave after wave of spells that mute the magic near Zindar.

"You cant hide from us, Mortals!" The rearmost Fiend exclaims; it seems they know that not every PC

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Area G. Dispel aimed with Zindar at the center of the 20 foot radius: (1d20+15)[18]
    -
    8 Area Dispel magics aimed to mostly cover the 40 foot areas Northwest, North, NorthEast, West, East, Southwest, South and Southeast of the 20 foot radius centered on Zindar.

Northwest: (1d20+15)[27]

North: (1d20+15)[20]

Northeast (1d20+15)[35]

West: (1d20+15)[22]

East: (1d20+15)[16]

Southwest: (1d20+15)[16]

South: (1d20+15)[27]

Southeast:* (1d20+15)[23]
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-24 at 09:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

RedKnightGirl

Rachel watched the orbs of light sparkle around her body, looking more relieved than anything and almost willingly bathing in the explosions. As a tank build it's very likely she didn't even notice the damage flickering. “Oh hey! We found the random mobs. We can ask them where the boss fight is. And by ask, I mean viciously interrogate.”

Spoiler
    Show

Base AC: 53
    Touch AC: 37
    Reflex Save: 19 (I realize 23 but can't be arsed to fix it now)

4 of the attacks hit, dealing 19, 24, 21, and 20 damage. Half is delayed, to be 42 damage taken, and 42 delayed nonlethally.

Fail 4 of the rolls (discord has roll set), with Improved Evasion this comes out to 42 damage, half of which is delayed.

HP Total: 489/550
    61 Delayed

“And they think that’s enough distance to keep them safe. ****ing adorable. …you okay there rolly polly? My spell bane’s wrapped around my character model so it’s not shielding you, sorry about that. If we’re gonna do this more often I’ll shape my Spellbane appropriately.”

Rachel reddened a little, tilting her head up before remembering he was behind it and that wouldn’t let her see him to check up. “In any case, I’m gonna dance over their way and crack some heads. If you don’t wanna go melee form on ‘em, now’s the time to disembark.”

Spoiler
    Show

35 misses against my AC.
    Spellbane negates Greater Dispel.

I’ll list out my turn’s actions soon, just giving a response post first.

20. - Top - End - #20

Zindrellar's eyes narrow as the horned devils layer dispelling magic around him.

"Somehow, I get the impression that you aren't taking this seriously."

With a twitch of his fingers, the devil in the center of the group erupts into black flames!

Spoiler: OOC-
    Show

Swift action- Channeled Pyroburst at the mentioned devil, (10d4)[21] half fire damage, half vile damage.

Making a few small motions with his arms, a bank of fog covers the devils.

Show

Standard action- Cast Chilling Fog centered on lead devil. (1d6)[2] cold damage (for the first round of effect). Gain 1 essentia from Draconic Essence for 3 rounds, inserted into Focalor for a total of 2 essentia.

Taking a few steps forward and to the left, he stands at the limit of the fog, preparing...

Show

Move Action- placing myself next to the solid fog cloud, lined up with said devils for next turn.

21. - Top - End - #21

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife ; Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Power Points: 429/435 | Ki: 5/20

Armand started chuckling to himself as the devils appeared, time to test how fast he really is with this build. Sprinting at lightning speeds (flying) across the scorched ground he "jumped" over the other devils and appeared infront of the rearmost devil who he identified as the leader. He immediately struck out at it with his spinning blades, starting the beginning of his pyre attack sequence, seemingly dancing around any attempts it would make to defend himself. The blades spun like saws as he launched into the devil before him.

While he was attacking he broadcasted, "Who's the Repentant?" to both allies and enemies he was able to see telepathically. For all he knew they would tell him all he needed to know willingly about the boss, maybe there was even a diplomatic path to these encounters. He doubted it but the portsmouth horror quest taught him that the creators were capable of more than one direction with the game.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show

Armand sprints the distance to the devils with his fast movement speed, flies over the enemies to get into direct combat with the apparent leader or speaker of the devils, and attacks with his "Pyre Strike." I doubt he would be caught in the dispelling with him having wandered off from the group at the start to seek enemies.

Incorporeal (Touch) Empowered (Slashing) Unarmed Strike: (1d20)[20] + 43 = 63 (critical threat, rolled 51 on discord to confirm)
    Damage rolls: (2d10)[12] + (1d6)[2] + (1d4)[3] psychokinetic + 36 = 53

Damage counts as Magic, Cold Iron, Silver, Lawful, and Good for purposes of damage reduction.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-11-25 at 01:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Chimera

Jasper notices the fiends just in time to feel a wave of magic give him goosebumps, but it dispels none of his magic. He telepathically messages Zindar: "Don't act surprised at the big rock."
    Maintaining his hidden status, he uses telekinesis on the ground right in front of his ally's cloud as a swift action using Quickened Spell for 4 spell points, ripping a 20ft.X20ft.X20ft. chunk of rock and dirt from it; since the rocks are sturdy and dirt is clingy when smashed into someone, he'll use Barroom Expert to grant his improvised bludgeon the grapple special quality (only functions on a crit). The chunk begins to rotate, then snaps into the horned devil in the middle of this entourage as Jasper spends another 2 spell points as a standard action to activate Linear Acceleration.
    Show

Attack versus touch AC: (1d20+38)[48]
    Bludgeoning damage: (8d6+32)[61]
    Sonic damage to everyone within 50 feet of impact, including the target and the chunk: (10d6)[39]
    Since this is a single ranged attack, Jasper uses his move action for the sniping function of the stealth skill, using the devils' previous perception check results as the DC for each creature that would attempt to perceive where he is: (1d20+51)[63]

Additionally, everything within 50 feet of impact that fails a DC 37 Fort save is dazed for one round.

((Edit:)) By the time he caught a glimpse of his lightning fast ally darting in to strike, it was too late. Jasper mentally facepalms. Telepathically, he says to the speedster, "I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were going to do that! I thought they were prime AoE targeting..."
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-25 at 12:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife ; Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Nonlethal Damage: 5 | Power Points: 427/435 | Ki: 5/20

"Friendly Fire!" was broadcasted telepathically as Armand took the hit. He laughed a bit, barely a scratch on him.

Spoiler: Save!
    Show
    Touch AC: 49
    Fortitude Save to resist Daze: (1d20)[19] + 24 = 43 (Passed Save)
    Sonic Damage Taken after Incorporeal: 20
    Sonic Damage Taken after Energy Resistance: 10 HP
    Sonic Damage Taken after Resilience of the Dragon: 5 HP, 5 Nonlethal
    Power Points Spent to Reduce Damage using Resilience: 2 PP
    Damage Reduced by: 8 HP
    Total Damage Taken: 0 HP, 5 Nonlethal
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-11-25 at 09:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Brottor blinked a couple times at the piddling attempts to undo all of his hard work and says ”That wasn’t very nice! I worked hard on adjusting all the sliders just right to mimic the flavor of shiitake mushrooms and not make it taste like ass!” He then scooted his unhappy self closer, keeping an eye on everyone’s health in case they really needed the aid. He blinked a couple more times before he realized Rachel was hurt a bit and muttered ”Well let’s take care of that...”

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move 20ft.
    Standard: Use Theatre of the Mind from Great Mind to manifest Profession Cook’s Natural Healing as a standard action, use Knowledge Psionics to grant it the Network descriptor, and finally apply it to Rachel when the delayed damage dumps.

End Result: Heal 60 points of damage, spend 4 points from GP.

25. - Top - End - #25

RedKnightGirl

“Oh, uh, thanks for topping me up. Clerics are always appreciated! Gr. Now I don’t get to show off my Healing Factor. Don’t worry girl, you’ll strut your stuff in time. In any case, this train’s a rollin’.”

Rachel floats on over in a manner that looks like a slow saunter, but is actually propelling her at absurd speeds such that she arrives right next to Armand within two seconds.

Spoiler: Mechanikks
    Show
    Move action to move 300 ft or however far it is to stand right above Armand and next to them (don’t want to get in his way), by 'right next to' I mean 15 ft away from them, enough so I'm out of their AoO range, and well inside my own AoO range

Using Luring Challenge to mark all 3 of these devils, as well as the other two devils if they’re within 240 ft of us atm.
    Luring Challenge on the Near Horizon (20m mark, 240 ft range, 7 targets) (C-E)
    (Here’s the dossier on what Luring and Challenge mean. Basically, if they take an action against not-me, they get no-save yanked 100 feet in my direction (potentially past me, if enough momentum). Also Demanding Luminosity gives them a -8 when attacking not-me targets.
    Spoiler: Dossier
    Show

Spoiler: Lure
    Show
    Lures [Champion, Empath, Stargazer]
    Snaring their foes with powerful blowback or chains of radiant power, evokers have little tolerance for those clumsy or foolish enough to attempt to flee their justice. A creature or unattended object struck by a blast augmented with this effect (or who fails their reflex save for half damage in the case of area of effect blasts) is dragged in a straight line towards the blast’s origin point a distance of 5 feet for each mote of the illumination's cost. At the end of this movement, the target is rendered prone, and takes 1d6 points of damage for each 10 feet of distance traveled. If the target's motion is stopped before completion by anything other than reaching the blast's point of origin (such as by a wall), they take an additional 1d6 points of damage for every 5 feet they would have traveled beyond their stopping point.

Spoiler: Challenge
    Show
    Challenge [Champion, Empath]
    [Mote Cost: 1m + 2m/rank beyond the first]
    Cowards falter when faced with the splendor of the light - the art of the challenge was perfected by a former knight who seethed at the thought of foes besmirching her honor with their wanton refusal to do battle on even terms. A blast with the Challenge component targets one creature per rank within a base range of 40'. The targeted creatures experience no immediate effects, but are immediately placed under the effect of the evoker's challenge until the end of the evoker's next turn. For every rank in this component beyond the first, the challenge lasts an additional round. Should a creature under the evoker's challenge willingly deal damage to or force a saving throw by any creature other than the evoker herself, she may smite the offending creature as a free action. This smite deals the full effect of the blast, and strikes unerringly regardless of distance or obstacles between the evoker and the target. Once a smite has been discharged upon a creature in this manner, that creature ceases to be affected by the evoker's challenge. An individual creature may be afflicted with multiple challenges at once, but the evoker may only make one retributive smite against any single triggering action. If you are rendered unconscious by any means, any challenges you have issues immediately end, regardless of remaining duration.

Dazing Cloud of Knives
    1d6+5 damage, to-hit
    If hits, save DC 29 to be Dazed for 1 round.

(Apparently this is only beginning of my turn, ignore this one)
    Freezing Glance
    Save DC 35 to be rendered helpless.

Standard: Glitterdust
    29 DC for blind, but reveals them always.

Standard: Wings of Flurry
    25d6+Daze, 32 DC reflex half damage and no dazing.
    Swift: Haste Amped (Time Stop-1 Turn)

End-of-turn
    Take the delayed 61 Nonlethal damage.

Time Stop turn
    Combat Patrol (Move+Standard (aka full round action))
    Carnage Stronghold of Silence (A 20 ft radius burst within 20 ft, lasts 2 rounds, Antimagic Field) (E-S) (Standard-to-Move)
    Silence Field centered on the enemies, right to the edge of where me and my allies are to -not- catch them in the radius while trapping all the enemies.
    Mighty Pulse C (refresh Charisma buff) (Swift)
    Fast Healing 17 restores 17 hp, + 3con

(Spells used, 2-4-6)
    HP: 550/550
    41 Nonlethal damage

TL:DR
    Spoiler
    Show

Move into the fray.
    Force dc 35 Freezing Glance on the center one, and dc 29 and dc 32 Glitterdust and Wings of Flurry on all of them respectively.
    Set up a Challenge on all enemies within 240 ft (up to 7).
    Refresh charisma buff, set up Combat Patrol.
    20 ft Antimagic field on the enemies with allies outside it.

(Oh geez, my turns are going to get convoluted if I'm feeling the need to create tl:dr segments on the turns where I'm explicitly trying not to spend resources)

Unleashing a couple spells, a glitter dust here, a wings of flurry there, and setting up combat patrol and an anti-magic field to pin them in place. "Arright Gun Hat, I've pinned them in place, show me what you got."
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2019-11-25 at 02:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well this is like shooting ducks in a barrel, you made this way too easy!"
    Rolland imbues his guns with a boost before unloading ALOT of bullets into the two demons as if he had
    full attacked with both of his hands at once.

Spoiler: Ooc:
    Show
    Free action change to Acid [Earth] Active Element
    Changing all bullets to pure acid damage using specialist. If they are adjacent to eachother each hit deals 8 acid damage in a splash
    Each time an opponent is hit by the splash or main attack, Ref Save 28 or take a culimative -1 penalty to AC for a minute
    Point Blank Shot enabled- +1 to hit and damage

Boost: Shatter Resistance manuever (Elemental Flux)
    Adds +4d6 elemental damage, ignores resistance, and deals half damage on immune targets (assuming immunity cut before solar wind penetration)
    Current Animus: 10 (1+wisdom start +1 for start of turn)

Full Attack Manuever: Predigestion (Caustic Hunger)
    Double full attack, half damage from base weapon + modifier (has no score modifier to damage so only half base)
    Using Deadly Aim to -6 and +12 to damage, two weapon fighting for -2

First Attack- Hunting Zephyr Manuever (Tempest Gale) Auto-hit, auto-crit, can't be blocked can't be reacted to.
    Going to then expend 2 Animus to add half my class level to this shot +10 which will be multiplied.
    (5d4+220)[234] Acid damage from pistol
    (6d6)[21] Additional Acid Damage

Going to use my Right pistol's Psychokinetic to regenerate my PP's based off this crit damage.

Full attack routine- 2 from stance,(4) 2 from readied manuevers,(4) + 2x BAB from two weapon fighting (14) = 22 attacks to each, 1st one resolved against closest demons, split full attacks evenly against demon 1 and 2. if they are dead then keep firing away at the mages that attacked us and any extra attacks will be fired to any other creatures. my current Close range touch attack is 80 ft first range increment, use normal AC outside of that.

Spoiler: Attack 2
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[50] Acid
    (6d6)[23] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 3
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[50] Acid
    (6d6)[18] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 4
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[53] Acid
    (6d6)[16] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 5
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[49] Acid
    (6d6)[26] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 6
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[53] Acid
    (6d6)[22] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 7
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+38[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[47] Acid
    (6d6)[17] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 8
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+38[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[52] Acid
    (6d6)[30] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 9
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+33[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[49] Acid
    (6d6)[27] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 10
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+33[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[51] Acid
    (6d6)[14] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 11
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+28[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[49] Acid
    (6d6)[22] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 12
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[51] Acid
    (6d6)[29] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 13
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[48] Acid
    (6d6)[19] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 14
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[52] Acid
    (6d6)[25] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 15
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[50] Acid
    (6d6)[23] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 16
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[49] Acid
    (6d6)[21] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 17
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+43[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[53] Acid
    (6d6)[28] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 18
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+38[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[49] Acid
    (6d6)[27] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 19
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+38[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[51] Acid
    (6d6)[26] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 20
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+33[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[47] Acid
    (6d6)[24] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 21
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+33[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[50] Acid
    (6d6)[29] Acid

Spoiler: Attack 22
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+28[/roll]
    Damage
    (2d4+45)[48] Acid
    (6d6)[11] Acid

Animus left: 8

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

The unfortunate squad of devils faces brutal destruction, as a combined barrage of attacks wipes out the ground force and then the Rolland/Rachel duo pick off their original airborne attackers, leaving 10 fiend corpses in horrible disarray as the smoke clears and the dust settles. Smooth Cantaloupe-sized chunks of the fiends litter the ground; the blood and viscera displayed around these varies greatly based off of super-size graphic settings, but there is little room to worry about whether or not these fiends are dead.

Even so, this battle is not quite over as ten human-shaped immaterial beings rise these remains. Seven spirits come into being positioned around Rachel and Rolland and Armand, glaring at the three melee warriors, while three more sprout up in a cluster from the still-falling devil chunks a bit further away.

In perfect unison these seven nearby spirits thrust out a palm while twisting their other hands in arcane gestures toward Rachel and Armand...only for nothing at all to happen as Rachel's auras bear down on them. Let alone cast a spell, they fail to even produce a sound. Immediately all seven sink into the ground in a bid at escaping the battlegield.

The three spirits that appeared midair consider this situation carefully, scanning across the foes currently visible on the battlefield, before all three begin to cast their spells; toxic gases and flying embers settle upon Zindrellar and those close to him as these three remaining spirits vanish abruptly leaving but a single whisper in the wind.

"So be it."
    Show

The area around Rachel and Armand falls under two fog producing spells.

The area is obscured as per the Fog Cloud spell.
    Reflex save DC 28 or suffer 38 fire damage.
    Fort Save dc 25 or suffer 2 con damage (from poison)
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-28 at 05:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife;Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Nonlethal Damage: 5 | Power Points: 427/435 | Ki: 5/20 (+2)

As the devils fell, the spirits rose, and the fog rolled in Armand wondered what to expect. "First encounter clear? Anyone see anything?"

Spoiler: Saves!
    Show
    Reflex Save: (1d20)[6] +27 = 33 (Saved)
    Fortitude Save: (1d20)[20] +24 = 44 (Saved)

Improved Evasion [No Damage Success/ Half Damage Fail on Reflex] and Stalwart (Half save on Fortitude/Will becomes no effect) are in effect.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-11-26 at 09:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Chimera

Jasper floats around the outskirts of the ensuing fog, lurking around, unsure of what to do next. Through the telepathic bonds: "So, um... Having never done a raid, anyone mind telling me how this is supposed to go? Sorry to slow you guys down and hurt you but I usually roll with a solo PvE and spying gig."
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-27 at 12:27 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

RedKnightGirl

"Well normally I'd go 'I don't trust this' and roll a spot check, but they made it pretty apparent they got away this time. Now the pursuit begins to chase 'em to big daddy. I don't got a burrow speed and can't fly through the ground which I suddenly realize is a huge flaw in my build, usually I can go intangible, so we've got track them somehow."