New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Dragons of Alnia (IC) - Team 2 Beta test Encounter

"Oh. Then, I think I can help. A little. I am pretty capable at tracking.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"If it's digging a tunnel or flying, I can do either of those, and can work with Jasper to track them down. So what'd you think of my sharpshooting, Rachel?"
    Rolland will twirl his guns in his hand arrogantly. He'll switch stances as air floats about him, jumping off and flying towards the ground, he will switch partway into as earth active takes over and he begins to burrow at rapid speed.
    Spoiler: OoC:
    Show

Rolland will switch his stance- enter the vortex, (gives a movement based on active element, first air for fly speed then earth for burrow speed) and roll survival
    (1d20+28)[35]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Information
    Show
    Spoiler: Senses
    Show
    Perception: +39 ;|;
    Senses: Blindsense (30 feet), Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision (quadruple distance) ;|;
    All Around Vision, Deathwatch
    Spoiler: Defences
    Show
    Armour Class: 53, Touch 45, FF 42 ;|;
    Damage Reduction: 6/-, 10/Cold Iron, 10/Adamantine, 5/Magic ;|;
    Energy Resistance: 10/- (except fire, positive, and negative), 25 (Fire), 5 (Negative) ;|;
    Spell Resistance: 31 ;|;
    Regeneration: 5/minute
    Spoiler: Party
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Rachelle aka Epinephrine_Syn,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Jasper aka MinotaurWarblad,
    Rolland aka NightRaiderX,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Spoiler: Temporary Buffs
    Show
    +3 Morale to Attack and Damage ;|;
    +6 Morale to Saves vs Nonmagical Poison ;|;
    20 Temporary Hit Points ;|;
    +3 Morale to Dexterity ;|;
    +7 Morale to Charisma ;|;
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Resist Fire and Cold 17 ;|;
    Reduce Negative effects by 6 Rounds
    Armand, the Eight Blades of the Glorious Jade Pyre
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife;Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Nonlethal Damage: 5 | Power Points: 427/435 | Ki: 5/20 (+2)

"I can travel pretty much anywhere as well if we're going to track it through terrain."

4. - Top - End - #34

Chimera

"If we're going underground, if anyone can burrow through dirt but not solid rock, I can also crush the rock into fine powder to make things easier."
    Jasper moves to start tracking with Rolland.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Roll to track: (1d20+43)[48] (+33 survival, additional +10 specifically for tracking)
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-11-28 at 02:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

While there do not seem to be any traces of the spirits to be found, even after churning the earth in search of hints of their passing, but there is a distinction strangeness to the ground you are working. The earth is especially dry and rocky, not entirely usual in mountainous terrain, but it also radiates warmth like a freshly smothered fire...except it it seems to become warmer by the second.

The moon hangs low abovehead and the sky itself is soon frothing with turbulence; lightning flashes upward from the hollow mountain and with every passing moment the moon seems larger, the ground hotter, the sky more violent, and the world around you more still.

There are no traces of birds or insects nearby. Not anymore.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-30 at 06:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"I sense about 5 things below me, also could be some lava flow down there. Can someone excavate them out? I'd rather not be ambushed." Instead of going deeper Rolland returns to the surface move action generates animus and move action buffs everyone near him. He instead begins to dig in a square, clearing out 20 x 20 ft of area before descending slowly."I can make a shaft that way if I'm attacked the party has an easier time retaliating.

Spoiler: Ooc:
    Show
    Before going back down going to move action generate animus and then give the following buffs:
    Darkness:
    At 8th level, affected allies gain darkvision and the effects of a see invisibility spell out to a range of 60 feet.
    At 13th level, affected allies are shrouded in a pitch-black veil, gaining total concealment (50% miss chance).
    At 19th level, affected allies gain the blindsight trait with a range of 30 feet.
    Metal:
    Metal: Sturdy and unyielding like the forged iron from which it takes its name, the glyph of metal imparts resolute strength to the mystic’s allies.

Natural Armor +5
    Circumstance Bonus Fort Save +5
    Ignore up to 8 Damage Reduction and Hardness
    Gain DR 8/– equal to the mystic’s initiation modifier SR 35.

Round 8/8

7. - Top - End - #37

Chimera

Thumbs down Re: Dragons of Alnia (IC) - Team 2 Beta test Encounter

From a fair distance away, still maintaining stealth even though he has a full retinue of tanks and DPS around him, Jasper mentally replies, "Direct me to where they are, and I can assist."

8. - Top - End - #38

awooo"yes pup, I can read the scenery, we're running out of time." Rachel quietly noted, taking her sweet time observing everything around while slowly descending. Everyone else was already doing the excavating and she'd shifted to a form more suited for burrowing into the ground. It'd cut her movespeed down to 1/6th, but that was still more than sufficient.

"Oh for th-Fine. If nobody else will be The Bait, then I will. I'da preferred somebody else did it cause I'm pretty sure the Lure buffs are still up and they don't proc on them attacking me but that's what I have a dog for." Rachel promptly puts up an Innocence buff on herself and the cute mutt, and hops down into the pit.

"If nothing else, I'll be able to tell you guys more precise digging instructions while I'm scouting on ahead."

Spoiler: OOC mechanic stuff
    Show
    110 Burrow speed
    90 ft Tremorsense
    Ability to use Run and Charge actions while burrowed.
    I'll be using move actions, with dog following a ways behind me (dog does not have a burrow speed, and mostly will be pretending to be helping dig the tunnel like an actual cute doggy. I should get him some bones to bury after this).
    Since both enemies and lava were mentioned, I'll make sure to take extra care not to burrow my way into any lava traps.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2019-11-29 at 02:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Brottor shrugged and said "A lot of my stuff is either reactive or depends on being all up on them." After a few seconds he added "I could probably spy through the dirt if we get within 30ft or so. Or just carpet the entire area with blasting jelly." He then scooted over and poked at the corpses, seeing if there was any dagger-like weapons to throw in the near future.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

10. - Top - End - #40

Show
    Show
    Senses: Blindsense (30 feet), Darkvision (120 feet), Low-Light Vision (quadruple distance) ;|;
    Show
    Energy Resistance: 10/- (except fire, positive, and negative), 25 (Fire), 5 (Negative) ;|;
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Reduce Negative effects by 6 Rounds
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife;Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Nonlethal Damage: 5 | Power Points: 425/435 | Ki: 5/20 (+2)

Armand began augmenting himself with power points, spontaneously developing tremorsense, "Well. I doubt they're friendly. Ready when you are."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Two Power Points are spent using Augment Suit to gain 30ft Tremorsense for 9 rounds.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

The earth trembles as Rolland excavates the first 20 foot block and does not stop shaking even after he stops employing his special methods. Waves of heart roll from the yet-untouched dirt and steam starts to rise from the ground as the last remnants of water in the dirt, and some of the water vapor in the air, are evaporated off. Within Rolland's hole a few strange pipes become visible, just barely breaching the ground; thick gray liquid moves along strangely constrained routes, the occasional glitter of silver or gold within it breaking the monotony of perfect cylinders reticulating below you.

The earth becomes hotter and hotter still.

And the moon is so full. So grand. It seems to fill the sky and it is not hard to imagine that if you reached out you could touch it. It is definitely larger than it was before.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Everyone:
    Fortitude Save DC 20 vs Mundane Inhalation Poison or take [1 Point of Constitution Damage and become fatigued].
    -
    Information for tremorsense folk, since most of you have it:
    The beings below the ground do not surface, remaining at least 20 feet away from the surface and the various players; should anyone approach closer than this the beings shift out of the way and retreat deeper into the earth. It would require a purposeful action to reach one of them.
    -
    For those of you burrowing or digging:
    Take (2d6)[3] Fire damage and make a Fortitude save VS DC 21 mundane inhalation poison or take [1 point of Constitution damage and become Fatigued]
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-30 at 07:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Chimera

Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+26)[37] Hoping it isn't a nat 1. I'm digging, but I'm doing it from 30 feet above the ground. Do I still need to roll a second Fort save?

With the area around him getting brighter, Jasper can't help but glance up from his digging for a half-second. "Guys, what's up with the moon?"

Spoiler: Question
    Show
    Hypothetically speaking, how big is this particular moon? I want to calculate how many d6's of overkill damage it's going to deal to me when it crashes down, using the Complete Warrior falling object rules.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-12-04 at 01:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

At this point the moon shrouding the sun is easily three times the radius of what was visible upon entering the encounter's instance. It seems to grow ever so slightly larger in the sky with every passing moment and the eclipse shows no signs of ending any time soon.

14. - Top - End - #44

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Reduce Negative effects by 6 Rounds ;|;
    Tremorsense (30ft)
    Level 20 Uncarnate Monk (Psion, Aegis, Soulknife;Psion Uncarnate, Elocator, Monk) | Hit Points: 414/394 | Nonlethal Damage: 5 | Power Points: 425/435 | Ki: 5/20 (+2)

Armand looked up at the moon wondering how fast he should start earthgliding. If the false moon fell there was no doubt everyone here would die, and he didn't have any better plan than chasing after the creatures below him. "It's not already hacked is it?"

Spoiler: Fortitude Save
    Show
    Fortitude Save: (1d20)[15] +30 = 45
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-12-01 at 09:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler: OOC-
    Show

Sorry about the lateness, holiday overtime is kicking my ass.

Sadly, no tremorsense or burrowing on my part, so I'll have to make due with tagging along.

Also, saves that I didn't post sooner and feel bad about.

Fort save from earlier- (1d20+33)[43] - Pass
    Reflex save from earlier- (1d20+12)[17] - Fail, I take 38 fire damage, reduced by Fire Resist 30, for a total of 8 damage. Fast Healing 28 means it's gone in a single round of time, so barely even a scorch mark.
    Fort save for now -(1d20+41)[54] - Pass

Zindrellar shrugs.

"I'm hoping it's not a Majora's Mask timer for the level. That always sucked."
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2019-12-02 at 03:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Brottor hummed in thought as he looked up at the moon before he mumbled ”Well, might as well confirm it’s a timer first. Such a pain…” He pulled out one of his vials, concentrated for a moment, and then drank roughly half of it. He kept muttering to himself as he whispered ”I’ll need it again most likely…”

Spoiler: Brewing
    Show
    Using Crimson Vials to create a potion. Max Complexity is 6. Base of 1, Read Omens adds 2 for being advanced, plus 2 for the two spell points. For the last point of complexity adding on Expanded Divinations choosing Divine Time, Divine Weather, and heck Divine Hostility.

If I can get away with it I won’t spend a minute doing it, if I feel like the moon will crash into me/the earth will ruin my prep work/combat will disrupt my brewing then I’ll do the full round option.

DC 22 Fortitude Save (10 + 2 * 6 Complexity) to make it: (1d20+28)[46]
    DC 40 Craft Alchemy check (10 + 15 CL + 5/talent not possessed * 3) to make it: (1d20+66)[81]

Have to spend at least 1 Spell Point, I’ll have to spend another point to do it as a full round action maybe.
    Spending 5 Genius Pool points to make an Alchemical Allocation potion using Profession Brewer and Theatre of the Mind to collapse the time into a standard action.

Drinking the Alchemical Allocation potion before I drink the Divination Potion, letting me reuse it later.

Spoiler: Divination Potion
    Show
    Asking Read Omen “What will happen to this area?” with the hope that it’ll tell me if the moon crashes into the area / the area resets / we murder ourselves some lava hydra / etc.

Then if I can, I'll switch to Divine Time if check succeeds or Divine Weather if it fails. Just so I can get an idea on the past 15 hours / find out that the weather’s gonna get straight apocalyptic in the next 24 hours.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"So there's a bunch of rock/magma elemental looking things and they are moving around leylines of magma, I think they are starting something how the hell do I stop it? Should I just shoot the elementals down? Ugh why do my Ice bullets have to be non-lethal?"
    Rolland isn't sure how to progress but gives the coordinates of the elementals and the leylines the best he can.

Spoiler: Ooc:
    Show
    Going to move closer to the run that ran away and keep them in my blindsight.

18. - Top - End - #48

Chimera

"Now this is where I'm useful! Tell me exactly where they are and how big and I can immobilize some or all of them."

19. - Top - End - #49

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Tremorsense (30ft)

Armand stood around for a few moments before earthgliding straight into the ground towards what he assumed were elementals while telepathically broadcasting towards them, "Hello, my name is Armand. Do you know what's going on here? Please don't run. We just want information on what's happening here so we can help."

If they ran he would follow them at his quite high speed (even underground).

Spoiler: Diplomacy if it's needed...
    Show
    Diplomacy roll: (1d20)[2] +43 = 45
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-12-04 at 10:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

At Armand's request the beings below stop their attempts to escape and allow the party to draw closer, eventually revealing their forms when Rolland's excavation nears them.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

"We are working. Our friend is very upset. We need to finish the shape to help our friend become happier." Is the resounding answer parroted by every single one of the beings within the range of Armand's telepathy in the exact same intonation at the same exact time. Now that they see no need to escape your pursuit the beings within range of detection increases explosively; it takes little effort to detect several dozen of the creatures within a 100 foot radius, most of which are spread evenly through the ground.

The movement of grey liquid continues as they offer their simple response. Every few moments the visible pathways are once again adjusted and reorganized. Whether it is avoiding the party while forming complex spirals, or coming to abrupt ends, or tapering to points, the liquid is always in motion forming an increasingly complex design under the earth.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Brottor blinked at the response from the creatures and looked at the liquid as it formed while he mulled over whatever information he gathered.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    36 on Arcana, 45 on Sense Motive.
    (1d20+28)[42] Spellcraft too.

Really just seeing if this is a giant summoning circle or something.

He then sent over the link ”Yup, that’s magical writing... No idea what kind of magic or what it do but it’s something. These guys are probably imbuing or otherwise willing the liquid to move. That or the moon?”
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-12-06 at 06:40 PM.
    New job, who dis?

22. - Top - End - #52

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Tremorsense (30ft)

Armand relayed the information through his mindlinks, "They seem friendly. I'm not sure what kind of elemental they are-" *rolls planes* He surfaced and began flying around observing the pattern, *rolls arcana and spellcraft* "Are you friends of the Repentant? Can you tell us why the shape would make him happier? Is there anything we can do to help? Things are becoming strange up here." *rolls diplomacy* For all Armand knew the Repentant was a prisoner of the devils and the goal of the raid was to free him. Maybe that was why the "moon" was "growing."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Knowledge Planes roll to identify the elementals: (1d20)[12] +20 = 32
    Knowledge Arcana to identify the sigil: (1d20)[9] +20 = 29
    Spellcraft to identify the sigil: (1d20)[11] +20 = 31
    Diplomacy: (1d20)[20] +43 = 63
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-12-10 at 11:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Brottor blinked and said out loud "Huh." He then sent via the Link to everyone "Alright so I guess let's start with the past and move to the future.
    Several dozen golden wyverns moved through the area towards that mountain, ranging from large to colossal. By the way it's hollowed. The designs constantly change, too. Looks like they finish it at the end of the ninth minute and start again, this time with some variations. They can vary to the point of not even looking the same.
    As for right now: The helpers are sincere in words and actions. They even appear pure. They're certainly not hostile, they just want to do their designs in the ground.
    We got about an hour before we all, or at least out to medium range, take a boat load of Fire, Vile, Crushing, Bludgeoning, Untyped, and just overall bad times from that "moon" up above. There's gonna be some great wind at the same time in case anyone wants to fly some kites with our new friends. Now I got us a poem, I think it means the moon isn't actually a moon and that Penny is inside it. You all can probably better decipher it."
    He then recites the poem verbatim.

Spoiler: POEM TIEM
    Show

From stone cursed bone
    And blood from Earth-fire
    The ascendant alone
    With the magic desired

Spark from great drake
    Will old and vile
    The Parent great
    Fused with its fake child

Demon gifts they beg
    And Earthplane received
    This Small world an egg
    Great Devil Lords deceived

While flesh moon blocks the sun.
    By Fiend God’s blood pact
    And all moon-souls be one
    When Godblood Fiend egg cracks.
    New job, who dis?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

The Eclipse summons mist and clouds as it swells in the sky above.

25. - Top - End - #55

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Antonio aka Darthfenix,
    Brottor aka Gunhaven,
    Zindrellar aka Zarthrax
    Show
    +4 Fortitude ;|;
    +4 Will ;|;
    Tremorsense (30ft)

"I'll be back," Armand turned from the elementals to look at the rest of the party. Unsure what to make of the poem he said to the others, "Well... We can't stay here then either way. Do we go to the moon or run and come back after it hits? I can psychoport us there but I need a location. I say we take the fight to the moon if our target isn't down here."

26. - Top - End - #56

Chimera

”I’d rather disappear from this place until the meteor is gone. That being said, if anyone here can actually provide a legitimate way to fight the moon, I’m all for joining in at a safe distance. However far away that might be.”
    Jasper makes sure to note the positions of his allies, especially the ones who’ve mentioned they’re capable of planar travel.
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-12-11 at 12:19 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Just to confirm if teleportation effects work, Brottor opts to blink out of existence and back into existence 10 feet to the left. Otherwise he looked to the mountain and sent ”We could try to wait it out in that mountain over there. Maybe our new friends can tell us what’s in it?”

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Using the base Warp ability to teleport 10 feet and see if there’s a dimensional anchor or something keeping us in the instance.
    New job, who dis?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Brottor's teleportation ability activates normally; there seem to be no problems with teleportation as of now. Not here, anyway.

The beings respond immediately to Brottor's suggestion. "Don't go to the mountain. Our friend gets upset when anyone goes to his mountain.

Dragons went to the mountain before. It made him very angry and now they are sleeping around the mountain.

Other new friend is right. You should leave."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolland listening intently to the others after giving it some thought pipes up. "I'd rather fight the moon but we probably cant make a dent in it let alone use enough bullrushing to slow its descent. So the question is, if this space is large enough for us to teleport away from the explosion, and if we planeshift that there is an actual plane to go to in order to avoid the moon crashing. We will also need varying capabilities for the latter so we dont come back in during its explosion. That sound about right?"

30. - Top - End - #60

Chimera

"That's what it sounds like to me so far."