The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 143
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Jan swallows away her discomfiture, and pointedly looks away from the execution of the lizardfolk as she activates her Shield wand. As the Heironean warriors take off toward the next group, Jan darts after them with a yelped. "Darn you... tall folk... with your... lanky... legs!" she exhales, breathing heavily in the sudden dash.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Run if possible, double move if not, no further than the squares immediately behind Frederick.

    Stats updated to reflect Shield spell from wand.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Janstina Silentall
    F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 5, Init 4, HP 37/37, Speed 20
    AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 19, CMD 11, Fort 2, Ref 4, Will 4, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Acidic Ray Ranged (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d3-2, x2, 19-20)
    (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 23
    Condition Mage Armor, 2 hrs: +4 Armor to AC
    Shield, +4 Shield to AC, deflects Magic Missiles, 9 rds remaining
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Olofire sprints towards the blinded Lizardfolk hoping to take advantage of the confusion!

    Spoiler: Round 3
    Show

    Will add fluff later when not on phone.

    Double move to (AX, 20)
    If AoO is available (1d20+10)[29] piranha strike
    Damage (1d3+2)[4] Sneak attack (3d6)[6]

    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2019-12-07 at 03:36 AM.
    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show




  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 3

    Amearin carefully walks south, toward the blinded lizardfolk, pointing at the soldiers on the ramparts while casting his spell. "You soldiers on the wall - we are from Diamond Lake. Reinforcements are on the way. Help keep the lizardfolk looking at the keep and not us - we will try to drive them off!"

    Meanwhile, the rest of the party runs towards the blinded lizardfolk, intent on getting there before the spell effect wears off. For their part, the blinded lizardfolk continue to hiss and cry out in their sibilant tongue, scattering a bit as they try to avoid the party's incoming attack. One makes the mistake of blindly walking toward the approaching PCs, receiving a pair of stabs (from Olofire and Lydia, respectively) that look to be lethal. (It has collapsed, bleeding out on the ground.)

    In response to the noise, four of the reptilian savages in the next group move toward their comrades, throwing javelins at Frederick and Olofire as they come! The fifth lizardfolk can be seen running away, presumably to another warband. One lizardfolk, clearly the group's leader, calls orders as they charge.

    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Get down, you fools! The warmbloods are upon you! My warriors, skewer the short one - leave the human-blooded one to me."

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    LR and L7-9 move towards the upcoming melee and attack, using javelins.
    LR's Javelin vs. Frederick AC 24 (1d20+5)[11] attack, (1d20+5)[14] (20/x2), (1d6+4)[8] piercing damage, (1d6+4)[7] critical strike (miss)
    L7's Javelin vs. Olofire AC 19 (1d20+1)[6] attack, (1d20+1)[4] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[4] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[3] critical strike (miss)
    L8's Javelin vs. Olofire AC 19 (1d20+1)[15] attack, (1d20+1)[20] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[3] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[2] critical strike (miss)
    L9's Javelin vs. Olofire AC 19 (1d20+1)[20] attack, (1d20+1)[16] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[6] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[7] critical strike (hit)

    All attacks miss save one - Olofire takes 6 damage from a javelin.

    From the keep can be heard a mixture of cries, ranging from surprise to cheers to hastily barked orders and reports. It is clear that the party has been seen by the beleaguered men, though they don't appear to be firing on the lizardfolk just yet.

    Spoiler: Perception DC 10
    Show
    One of the blinded lizardfolk ("LB") is breathing heavily, clearly fatigued. This one wears hide armor over its scales.

    Spoiler: Perception 20
    Show
    The next group of lizardfolk appears to be led by a tall warrior with a metal shield riding what appears to be an enormous snapping turtle!

    The map is updated, begin round 4!
    Last edited by DarkOne7141981; 2019-12-05 at 10:51 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 4

    Noticing that one of the lizardfolk in particular is heavily winded and fatigued, Lydia decides to capitalize on its weakness. Moving up the hill and around one of the wooden stakes, she stabs at it from behind the cover of some low shrubs!

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to AS/23 and attack lizard LB.

    (Including +1 atk from higher ground on these rolls - discount if not appropriate!)

    power attack (1d20+9)[29], cc (20/x2) (1d20+9)[22], damage (1d8+11)[16], crit damage (1d8+11)[13]

    Active spell effects:
    - Bull's Strength on self (+4 STR, 5 min)
    - Aid on Frederick (+1 atk, +1 save vs fear, [roll17] temp hp, 5 min)


    AoOs if applicable:
    power attack (1d20+9)[14], cc (20/x2) (1d20+9)[27], damage (1d8+11)[17], crit damage (1d8+11)[14]
    power attack (1d20+9)[18], cc (20/x2) (1d20+9)[11], damage (1d8+11)[18], crit damage (1d8+11)[16]
    power attack (1d20+9)[17], cc (20/x2) (1d20+9)[28], damage (1d8+11)[14], crit damage (1d8+11)[18]

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 5 LG HP 43 / 43 Speed ft Init 5 AC 19 Fort 6 Ref 3 Will 7 CMB +8 BAB 3 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 8, x2)
    Longsword +8 (1d8 + 5, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 5, x2) Str 16 (5) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms)

    Age of Worms loot tracking

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 4

    You're full of surprises, accountant! Keep an eye on the flank.
    Oh, you have no idea! (and have no idea what she means by flank...)

    Amearin puts away the wire and pulls out a tiny bag with a small candle. As he begins to chant, the candle lights itself and slowly grows in shine.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Perception - (1d20+2)[6]

    Begin to Cast Summon Monster III

    I'll be summoning a Cheetah
    No worries about tracking its stats, once it appears I'll have a stat block made up for it which I'll track.


    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Amearin Deh Elf Wizard 5 NG HP 23 / 23 Speed ft Init 8 AC 13 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 5 CMB +2 BAB 2 Ray of Frost 5 (, x20) Str 10 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 22 (6) Cha 8 (-1)
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Frederick charges with a roar. Their attempts at stealth be damned, the whole Lizardfolk army is in the process of descending on them, already. Falchion held high, he thunders past the blinded reptilians and into the fray of their able allies.

    Spoiler: Frederick, round 4
    Show
    Frederick Strongarm
    M LG Half-Orc Paladin 5 (VMC Barbarian), Level 5, Init 1, HP 44/44, Speed 20
    AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 22, CMD 19, Fort 8, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Magic Falchion +1 +10 (2d4+7, 18-20/x2)
    Warhammer +9 (1d8+4, x3)
    MW Composite Longbow (+3 str) (40 standard arrows) +6 (1d8+3, x3)
    MW Glaive +10 (1d10+6, x3)
    Full Plate +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1(+10 Armor, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
    Condition Lay on Hands: 5/5 (removes fatigue)
    Smite Evil: 2/2
    Divine Bond: 1/1
    Rage: 6/6
    Grace: 1/1
    Hero's Defiance: 1/1
    Aid: +1 attack, + 9 temp HP (5 mins, -24 secs)

    Charge to AW/26 (assuming blindies don't get AOOs)
    attack L8 with charge bonuses
    (1d20+10)[27] attack (+2 charge, -2 PA)
    (1d20+10)[12] crit con (28+, x2)
    (2d4+11)[14] damage
    (2d4+11)[17] bonus damage
    Last edited by Farmerbink; 2019-12-10 at 02:55 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    "Uhhhh..." Jan hesitates for a moment as all hell breaks loose. "Well, I guess this is happening!"Stretching one arm improbably far to catch Frederick on his way past, a wave of power surges into the half-orc, who begins to swell, expanding to twice his height and towering over the battlefield and their reptilian foes.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Enlarge Person on Frederick and move to somewhere between him and the currently disabled group of lizardfolk.

    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Olofire winces in pain as the javelin pierces his body, but he must push through it! As Frederick continues his charge forward and drawing the attention towards himself, Olofire chooses to quietly make a wide berth, pincering the lizardfolk between him and the paladin!

    Spoiler: Round 4 Actions
    Show

    Move to AY,24 to flank with Frederick
    Attack the flanked Lizardfolk (piranha strike) (1d20+10)[11] +2 (I forgot to include the flanking bonus as well)
    Crit 19-20/x2 (1d20+10)[19]
    damage (1d3+2)[5] Sneak attack (3d6)[7]

    AoO (piranha strike) (1d20+10)[30]
    Crit 19-20/x2 (1d20+10)[27]
    damage (1d3+2)[3] Sneak attack (3d6)[16]


    Spoiler: Character Stats
    Show

    Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 3/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 5, Init 4, HP 26/32, Speed 30 ft
    AC 19, Touch 15, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 7, Ref 12, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +11 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +10 (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +10 (1d4+6, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 19, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 9
    Condition None
    Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 1/1
    Extracts prepared: CLW 1/1, Expeditious Retreat 1/1, Sheld 1/1, 1 blank extract (1 minute to create)
    Panache 3/3

    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2019-12-07 at 03:56 AM.
    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show




  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 4

    Lydia hustles to a position where she can take advantage of cover and her reach weapon. From there she stabs the blinded lizardfolk war-party leader, causing the reptile to spasm once and then go still. Amearin begins summoning an extra-planar ally while Frederick charges at the javelin-throwing lizards, killing one. Jan calls on her unusual bloodline magic and causes the half-orc paladin to grow to the size of an ogre, towering over the battlefield. Olofire moves around and flanks one of the blinded lizardfolk, but his injury and haste distract him, causing his attack to miss as the reptile weaves about randomly.

    As the blinded lizards blindly stumble about several move near PCs, leaving themselves vulnerable. Lydia's jab misses, Frederick's slash hits, and Olofire's stab hits (killing 2 total lizardfolk). The remaining lizardfolk of the new warband spreads around Frederick as best they can and begin attacking with bite and morningstar before their leader backs up after his attack to try and draw the half-orc between his warriors. Their messenger returns from warning the siege leader, throwing a javelin at the enlarged Frederick (which misses).

    Speaking of the overall leader of the lizardfolk, from his elevated vantage point Frederick can clearly see a lizardfolk that must be in charge - the creature is large, darkly colored, and riding a truly massive snapping turtle. With a reptilian scream he calls out to the other lizardfolk in hearing, bellowing directions that must be heard by the other warbands...

    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    Warmbloods, outside the keep! Gather before the gate!

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Frederick AoO: (Large) Falcion (1d20+10)[19], (1d20+10)[27] (18-20/x2), (2d6+12)[17] slashing damage, (2d6+12)[24] critical strike damage (hit)

    L7 attacks Frederick (AC 20 with Enlarge): (1d20+2)[21] Morningstar, (1d20+2)[17] (20/x2), (1d8+1)[7] piercing/bludgeoning damage, (1d8+1)[8] critical strike damage (hit)
    (1d20)[1] Bite, (1d20)[14] (20/x2), (1d4+1)[5] piercing damage, (1d4+1)[4] critical strike damage (miss)
    L9 attacks Frederick (AC 20 with Enlarge): (1d20+2)[10] Morningstar, (1d20+2)[3] (20/x2), (1d8+1)[6] piercing/bludgeoning damage, (1d8+1)[3] critical strike damage (miss)
    (1d20)[20] Bite, (1d20)[1] (20/x2), (1d4+1)[2] piercing damage, (1d4+1)[2] critical strike damage (hit)
    LR attacks Frederick (AC 20 with Enlarge): (1d20+6)[13] Morningstar, (1d20+6)[10] (20/x2), (1d8+4)[12] piercing/bludgeoning damage, (1d8+4)[6] critical strike damage (miss)
    (1d20+5)[24] Bite, (1d20+5)[6] (20/x2), (1d4+4)[6] piercing damage, (1d4+4)[7] critical strike damage (hit)
    L0 throws a Javelin at Frederick (AC 20 with Enlarge): (1d20+1)[6] Javelin, (1d20+1)[17] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[5] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[4] critical strike damage (miss)

    Spoiler: Perception DC 15, Amearin only
    Show
    A lizardfolk from the northwestern side of the keep is scouting, currently at AK14.

    Frederick takes a total of 15 damage from attacks and is now enlarged (+2 STR, a -2 DEX, and a -1 on attack rolls and AC). The entire attacking force has been made aware of the party and the map is updated. Begin Round 5!
    Last edited by DarkOne7141981; 2019-12-07 at 04:52 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    A cheetah appears at the edge of the field, with great speed it charges into the fray against one of the non-blind lizardmen.

    Amearin steps forward closer to the group, away from the trailing lizardfolk before casting again. A red aura flows over everyone except the elf wizard, and an unnatural fever falls over the group as their speed increases.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Perception - (1d20+2)[20]

    Cast of Summon Monster III will complete (though extend rod 1/3)

    Cheetah appears in (AZ, 21)
    Charges L7
    Rolls in OOC

    Move to (AV, 22)
    Cast Haste through extend rod (through extend rod 2/3)
    Everyone Gets https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste/ Haste except Amearin

    Spoiler: Cheetah
    Show

    Round 1/10

    HASTE
    +1 ATK
    +1 AC
    +1 Ref
    +30 speed

    Haste is not on until after the Cheetah does its attack, but for the purposes of the response of the lizardmen, it gets the defensive benefits

    DEFENSE

    AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +1 natural) 14 (-2 charge, +1 Haste)
    hp 19 [25] (3d8+6) [ 3d8+12 ]
    Fort +5 [+7], Ref +8 (+1 Haste), Will +2; SR 7
    Celestial Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5
    Fiendish Resist cold and fire 5

    OFFENSE

    Speed 80 ft. (+30 Haste); sprint
    Melee bite [+8] (+1 Haste) (1d6+3 [ 1d6+5] plus trip ), 2 claws [+8] (+1 Haste) (1d3+3) [ 1d3+5]
    Special Attack smite evil/good

    STATISTICS

    Str 17 [21], Dex 19, Con 15 [19], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5 [+7]; CMD 19 [21] (23 [25] vs. trip)
    Feats Improved Initiative , Weapon Finesse

    I have improved summoning and thus will be using the bracketed "[ ]" stats.

    Last edited by Untarr; 2019-12-08 at 03:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 5

    On hearing Amearin's warning, Lydia quickly realizes the enemies' most likely next move. "We're about to be surrounded!" she bellows a warning to the others. "Cut a way to the gate - we can fall back to the keep! You men up there, stand ready!"

    Her strategizing is cut short by noticing Frederick's plight, hemmed in on all sides by the new wave of combatants. So much for the element of surprise... "For Heironeous!!!" she cries, lending her own voice to the tumult. Stepping across the incline of the hill, she manuevers into a pincer movement with Frederick against another lizardman and thrusts out with her spear.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to AS/26 and attack lizard L7, flanking w/ Frederick.

    (attack mods: -1 power attack, +1 high ground, +2 flanking)

    power attack (1d20+11)[22], cc (20/x2) (1d20+11)[21], damage (1d8+11)[12], crit dmg (1d8+11)[12]

    Active spell effects:
    - Bull's Strength on self (+4 STR, 5 min)
    - Aid on Frederick (+1 atk, +1 save vs fear, [roll17] temp hp, 5 min)


    EDIT: Also Haste from Amearin. No extra attack this round as it's only for a full-attack action, though

    AoOs if applicable (non-flanking)
    power attack (1d20+9)[13], cc (20/x2) (1d20+9)[25], damage (1d8+11)[15], crit dmg (1d8+11)[14]
    power attack (1d20+9)[19], cc (20/x2) (1d20+9)[11], damage (1d8+11)[19], crit dmg (1d8+11)[17]
    power attack (1d20+9)[14], cc (20/x2) (1d20+9)[10], damage (1d8+11)[19], crit dmg (1d8+11)[19]

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 5 LG HP 43 / 43 Speed ft Init 5 AC 19 Fort 6 Ref 3 Will 7 CMB +8 BAB 3 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 8, x2)
    Longsword +8 (1d8 + 5, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 5, x2) Str 16 (5) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2019-12-08 at 08:59 AM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms)

    Age of Worms loot tracking

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    A hulking, grinning, enlarged Frederick makes quite the imposing sight already. Then, his eyes become unfocused, and he feels his blood calling to him. Somehow, generations of Orcish heritage come upon him, and his nostrils flare. Finding strength somewhere he didn't know existed, his blade feels almost comically light- a totally unnoteworthy extension of his arms. As the sun beats down, its edge casts glimmering rays into the hillside- tinged with red.

    Spoiler: Frederick, round 5
    Show
    Frederick Strongarm
    M LG Half-Orc Paladin 5 (VMC Barbarian), Level 5, Init 1, HP 38/44(48/54), Speed 20
    AC 22 (19), Touch 11(10), Flat-footed 22(21), CMD 19, Fort 8, Ref 4, Will 6 (8), CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Magic Falchion +1 +10 (2d4+7, 18-20/x2)
    Warhammer +9 (1d8+4, x3)
    MW Composite Longbow (+3 str) (40 standard arrows) +6 (1d8+3, x3)
    MW Glaive +10 (1d10+6, x3)
    Full Plate +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1(+10 Armor, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 19 (25), Dex 10 (8), Con 12 (16), Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
    Condition Lay on Hands: 5/5 (removes fatigue)
    Smite Evil: 2/2
    Divine Bond: 1/1
    Rage: 5/6
    Grace: 1/1
    Hero's Defiance: 1/1
    Rage: +4 str, +4 con, +2 will saves, -2 AC
    Enlarge: +2 str, -2 dex, -1 AC, -1 to hit, large sized damage dice
    Aid: +1 attack, + 9 temp HP (5 mins, -30 secs)

    Gonna use rage, 'kuz I don't want people with class levels to take two hits.
    Attacking LR first:
    (1d20+14)[27] attack (normal, unchanged for enlarge, +2 for rage, +1 aid, +1 haste
    (1d20+14)[30] crit confirmation (32+, x2)
    (2d6+10)[18] damage (25 str -> +9, +1 magic)
    (2d6+10)[14] crit bonus

    Attacking LR again if he survives somehow, otherwise L9
    (1d20+14)[27] attack (normal, unchanged for enlarge, +2 for rage, +1 aid, +1 haste
    (1d20+14)[24] crit confirmation (32+, x2)
    (2d6+10)[19] damage (25 str -> +9, +1 magic)
    (2d6+10)[19] crit bonus
    Last edited by Farmerbink; 2019-12-10 at 02:55 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    With more and more enemies running towards him and his comrades, Olofire takes a step back and in one swift motion sheathes his scalpel while he unclasps the swirling blue and green liquid and gulps it down. He winces as steam rises off his body converting any excess fat for fuel, his teeth and nails extending at such a rate that they come to razor sharp points! His body looks far more lithe and able than it had before and he staggers in place slightly, training his eyes on the Lizardman before him, daring him to move!

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move to AZ,24
    Drink Mutagen

    AoO BITE! A true piranha strike! (1d20+13)[17] (Mutated, -1 piranha strike, +2 flanking)
    CC (1d20+13)[32] x2
    Damage (1d6+8)[14] + Sneak Attack (3d6)[10]

    Spoiler: New Mutated Character Stats
    Show

    Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 3/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 5, Init 6, HP 26/32, Speed 30 ft
    AC 24, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 19, Fort 7, Ref 15, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +13 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +12 (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +12 (1d4+6, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 23, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
    Condition None
    Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 0/1
    Extracts prepared: CLW 1/1, Expeditious Retreat 1/1, Sheld 1/1, 1 blank extract (1 minute to create)
    Panache 3/3

    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show




  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 5

    A moment after a cheetah, its fur absolutely vibrant with color and wholesomeness, appears and charges a lizard (missing it), Amearin calls out a warning and then hastens the party, causing everyone except himself to move supernaturally faster as he makes his way towards the party. Lydia flanks one of the attacking reptile warriors, spearing it but not lethally. Frederick draws upon a font of righteous anger within and rages, striking at the lizardfolk-ranger before him. It takes the half-orc two swings of his mighty falcion to down the reptile, but the blows are ferocious and his rage seems to be intimidating the remaining enemies around him. Seeing that his allies have things under control for the moment, but considering the need for more claws and fangs on their side, Olofire drinks his mutagen and begins the transformation that is familiar to some in his party, but certainly new to his old schoolmate and the cleric...Finally, Jan takes the opportunity to throw a bolt of acid at the lizardfolk injured by Lydia, killing it with a sizzle and acrid smell as it burns the creature's scales and flesh.

    Spoiler: PC Mechanics
    Show
    Jan's Acid Ray killed L7 (rolled the first time I posted - it was the only roll I did correctly...)
    Frederick's AoO: Large Falcion (1d20+14)[32] attack, (1d20+14)[15] (18-20/x2), (2d6+10)[16] slashing damage, (2d6+10)[18] critical strike damage (hit)
    (Augmented) Celestial Cheetah's AoO: Bite (1d20+8)[18] attack, (1d20+8)[25] (20/x2), (1d6+3)[5] piercing damage, (1d6+3)[8] critical strike damage

    At the call of the overall leader of the lizardfolk, the warriors in melee with the party begin to withdraw as best they are able. Unfortunately for the blinded ones, this is not very well - unable to defend themselves, one is killed by Olofire (as the mutated, feral halfling bites off a huge portion of its back), another killed by Lydia as it passes, and Frederick's swing of the oversized falcion in his hands kills the final one.

    As for the rest of the lizardfolk, the javelin throws cease as they regroup, with most retreating back towards their mounted leader. The scout Amearin saw, coming up from behind the party, turns and scuttles towards his original warband, apparently following the orders of the warchief. Frederick can see that a second band is joining that of the head lizardfolk, nearly doubling the numbers around the mounted enemy.

    From the top of his snapping turtle, the lizardfolk leader screams again, this time apparently taunting the party members...if any of them can understand his sibilant tongue...

    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    Cowardly warm-bloods! They attack without warning, from hiding! We will meet them head-on, together, clutch-mates! Show them the might of the Twisted Branch Tribe! To me! To me!

    Finally, from the ramparts of the keep can be heard some cheers as the lizardfolk seem to retreat before the party's onslaught. Though no overt aid (in the form of arrows) come from the beleaguered soldiers, they do seem encouraged!

    The lizardfolk do not attack as they regroup. The map is upated. Begin Round 6!
    Last edited by DarkOne7141981; 2019-12-08 at 11:09 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 6

    Lydia's heart lifts as the lizardfolk fall back to regroup - the plan is working! "Rally to the keep!" she cries. "Now, while the way is clear! Let's go!" Following her own instructions, she continues circumnavigating the hill at a magically enhanced pace. She stops with her back to the gate, bracing herself for any attack from the foe.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to AI/30 and ready an action to attack any foes that come into 10' melee range.

    (including +1 from haste, assuming no high ground advantage)

    power attack (1d20+9)[22], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[14], damage (1d8+11)[19], cdmg (1d8+11)[17]
    (against a charge, the longspear's brace property will cause double damage)

    Active spell effects:
    - Bull's Strength on self (+4 STR, 5 min)
    - Aid on Frederick (+1 atk, +1 save vs fear, [roll17] temp hp, 5 min)
    - Haste from Amerain (+1 atk, +1 AC, extra atk)


    AoOs if applicable:
    power attack (1d20+9)[29], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[21], damage (1d8+11)[14], cdmg (1d8+11)[15]
    power attack (1d20+9)[25], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[28], damage (1d8+11)[17], cdmg (1d8+11)[19]
    power attack (1d20+9)[21], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[12], damage (1d8+11)[14], cdmg (1d8+11)[19]

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 5 LG HP 43 / 43 Speed ft Init 5 AC 20 Fort 6 Ref 3 Will 7 CMB +8 BAB 3 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 8, x3)
    Longsword +8 (1d8 + 5, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 5, x2) Str 16 (5) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms)

    Age of Worms loot tracking

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 6

    Olofire moves with an unnatural speed up to the door of the Keep at Lydia's instructions. His stance is very wide as he leans forward shifting his weight, hoping for the opportunity to strike once more!

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move to AH,31 Weaving around the spikes as needed, he should have plenty of movement for that!

    Only if the leader or his mount moves adjacent, attacks Olofire, and misses, he will as an immediate action spend a panache point to move into their space with Underfoot Assault.

    Otherwise if an AoO comes up, he bites an enemy (1d20+13)[25] (includes haste)
    CC (1d20+13)[15]
    Damage (1d6+6)[8]
    x2 (1d6+6)[8]
    + Sneak Attack (3d6)[6]

    Spoiler: Character Stats
    Show
    Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 3/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 5, Init 6, HP 26/32, Speed 30 ft
    AC 24, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 19, Fort 7, Ref 15, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +13 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +12 (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +12 (1d4+6, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 23, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
    Condition Haste 1/10 rounds
    Mutagen 29:54 minutes left
    Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 0/1
    Extracts prepared: CLW 1/1, Expeditious Retreat 1/1, Shield 1/1, 1 blank extract (1 minute to create)
    Panache 3/3

    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show




  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Olofire takes a step back and in one swift motion sheathes his scalpel while he unclasps the swirling blue and green liquid and gulps it down. He winces as steam rises off his body converting any excess fat for fuel, his teeth and nails extending at such a rate that they come to razor sharp points! His body looks far more lithe and able than it had before and he staggers in place slightly, training his eyes on the Lizardman before him, daring him to move!
    That crazy son of a bitch did it! He perfected his formula! Amearin stood amazed for half a moment as his good friend showed off the culmination of years of research and experimentation.

    The admiration does not last long as the rest of the group starts running towards the keep. Knowing full well he can't keep up with them, Amearin instead runs to the walls of the keep before raising his hand and opening a spinning portal. Jumping through, he appears at the top of the keep.

    "Hello there!"

    The cheetah keeps pace with Frederick, staying within his reach and keeping his flanks clear.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Cheetah moves with Frederick, ending up in the bottom right hand area of him.

    Amearin uses a Full round action to get to (AO,27) before using 1 use of Teleportation (Swift Action) to get up the wall.


    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    Amearin
    Amearin Deh Elf Wizard 5 NG HP 23 / 23 Speed ft Init 8 AC 13 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 5 CMB +2 BAB 2 Ray of Frost 5 (, x20) Str 10 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 22 (6) Cha 8 (-1)


    Cheetah
    2/10
    DEFENSE

    AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +1 natural, +1 Haste)
    hp [25]
    Fort [+7], Ref +8 (+1 Haste), Will +2; SR 7
    Celestial Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5


    OFFENSE

    Speed 80 ft. (+30 Haste); sprint
    Melee bite [+8] (+1 Haste) ( [ 1d6+5] plus trip ), 2 claws [+8] (+1 Haste) [ 1d3+5]
    Special Attack smite evil/good

    STATISTICS

    Str [21], Dex 19, Con[19], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5 [+7]; CMD 19 [21] (23 [25] vs. trip)
    Feats Improved Initiative , Weapon Finesse
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    The fanatical gleam fades from Frederick's eyes as he hears Lydia's call. He glances once more at the turtle-riding Lizardman with a regretful expression as he lumbers behind the cleric.

    Spoiler: Frederick, round 6
    Show
    Frederick Strongarm
    M LG Half-Orc Paladin 5 (VMC Barbarian), Level 5, Init 1, HP 44/44 (54/54), Speed 20
    AC 22 (19), Touch 11(10), Flat-footed 22(21), CMD 19, Fort 8, Ref 4, Will 6 (8), CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Magic Falchion +1 +10 (2d4+7, 18-20/x2)
    Warhammer +9 (1d8+4, x3)
    MW Composite Longbow (+3 str) (40 standard arrows) +6 (1d8+3, x3)
    MW Glaive +10 (1d10+6, x3)
    Full Plate +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1(+10 Armor, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 19 (25), Dex 10 (8), Con 12 (16), Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
    Condition Lay on Hands: 4/5 (2d6,removes fatigue)
    Smite Evil: 2/2
    Divine Bond: 1/1
    Rage: 5/6
    Grace: 1/1
    Hero's Defiance: 1/1
    Rage: +4 str, +4 con, +2 will saves, -2 AC
    Enlarge: +2 str, -2 dex, -1 AC, -1 to hit, large sized damage dice
    Aid: +1 attack, + 9 temp HP (5 mins, -30 secs)

    1:drop rage
    2: LoH self, for (2d6)[8] (removes the fatigue)

    move to AJ/31 (top-left corner). I can do that avoiding passing through a stake square, but not the 3 "threatened" squares. I think that's safe, but not sure.
    Last edited by Farmerbink; 2019-12-10 at 02:55 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Jan lets out a startled yelp at the unexpected alacrity of her steps, but begins instead to giggle maniacally as she zigs and zags around shrubs and the sharpened stakes in her dash toward the keep's entrance!

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    I think it takes a double move at 40 ft for Jan to get particularly close to the keep.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Janstina Silentall
    F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 5, Init 4, HP 37/37, Speed 40
    AC 22, Touch 14, Flat-footed 19, CMD 12, Fort 2, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Acidic Ray Ranged (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d3-2, x2, 19-20)
    (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 23
    Condition Mage Armor, 2 hrs: +4 Armor to AC
    Shield, +4 Shield to AC, deflects Magic Missiles, 7 rds remaining
    Haste: +1 atk, +1 (dodge) AC and Reflex saves, doubled speed, 4 rds remaining(?)
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 6

    The PCs, taking their lead from Lydia, make their way towards the keep entrance and walls, doing their best to focus the combat where they want it. Olofire and Lydia block the keep door (which they now see is in bad shape - it was clearly broken and only hastily repaired after a previous attack). Frederick uses his divinely gifted powers to instantly recover from his brief rage and heal some of his wounds before taking an imposing position near the door, Amearin's summoned ally at his left hand and Jan behind his left foot. Amearin, careful not too startle the soldiers too much, makes his way to the wall and seems to step through a door only he can see before appearing on top of the ramparts.

    From their new positions the party sees that the worst of the fighting has been in front of the keep. There are several places where it is clear someone - or something - has died and been dragged away by the lizardfolk, presumably for food. As they watch two more groups of reptiles begin to approach from the other side of the keep, apparently following their leader's directions and gathering nearer him. From his raised vantage point Amearin can see that the inside of the keep has maintained its military organization, but that the soldiers look tired and worn. Several are sporting wounds and all look exhausted and dirty, presumably from fighting for some time in the hot, humid air and mud.

    In front of the gate, the lizardfolk leader looks at the party intently, his reptilian snout flaring as he appears to be sniffing the air. He makes a motion and all the lizardfolk warriors near him step forward, hurling their javelins at the party! Meanwhile, one of the lizardfolk, a smaller female with a variety of piercings and other decorative ornaments, walks forward and begins casting a spell directed at the party.

    The soldiers near Amearin exclaim in joy at the elf's arrival, thanking him for coming to help them fight off the attackers. From behind the keep door can be heard a voice, presumably the soldier in charge, directing his men, saying, "Wait! Keep the door secured til they say they are ready! We don't want to let the lizards in...steady..."

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    The soldiers do not immediately open the keep door - they are waiting on word from the PCs for the right time.

    The lizardfolk warband leader directs his troops but does not himself act this round.
    The lizardfolk druid moves forward and casts a spell, causing all the wet earth beneath the PCs to turn into thick mud (3-4 feet deep). All PCs must succeed a DC 13 Reflex save or be caught for (1d2)[1] rounds and unable to move, attack, or cast spells. (Effected PCs sink and fall into the mud, slipping and sliding uncontrollably in their square - use this to describe your PC's actions in your next post as appropriate.) PCs that pass the saving throw can move at half speed (but cannot run or charge), and can cast spells and attack normally. The area of effect is marked on the map.

    The individual lizardfolk warriors that can get in range do so and attack the PCs and Celestial Cheetah as follows:

    19, 21, and LF throw javelins at Olofire AC 24: (1d20+1)[2] attack, (1d20+1)[11] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[4] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[7] critical strike damage (miss)
    (1d20+1)[15] attack, (1d20+1)[4] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[3] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[2] critical strike damage (miss)
    (1d20+3)[21] attack, (1d20+3)[12] (20/x2), (1d6+2)[3] piercing damage, (1d6+2)[5] critical strike damage (miss)

    20 and 22 throw javelins at Lydia AC 20: (1d20+1)[4] attack, (1d20+1)[4] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[5] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[4] critical strike damage (miss)
    (1d20+1)[17] attack, (1d20+1)[6] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[6] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[7] critical strike damage (miss)

    17 and 18 throw javelins at Frederick AC 21: (1d20+1)[9] attack, (1d20+1)[10] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[5] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[2] critical strike damage (miss)
    (1d20+1)[4] attack, (1d20+1)[11] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[2] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[3] critical strike damage (miss)

    L0, L9, and 16 throw javelins at the summoned Celestial Cheetah AC 16: (1d20+1)[10] attack, (1d20+1)[9] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[4] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[4] critical strike damage (miss)
    (1d20+1)[19] attack, (1d20+1)[20] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[3] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[5] critical strike damage (hit)
    (1d20+1)[3] attack, (1d20+1)[12] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[5] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[7] critical strike damage (miss)

    15 throws a javelin at Jan AC 22: (1d20+1)[20] attack, (1d20+1)[16] (20/x2), (1d6+1)[4] piercing damage, (1d6+1)[2] critical strike damage (miss)

    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 17
    Show
    The druid cast Soften Earth and Stone.

    Only one javelin hit, dealing the Celestial Cheetah 3 damage. Everyone needs to roll a DC 13 Reflex save to avoid being effected by the mud. The map is updated. Begin round 7!
    Last edited by DarkOne7141981; 2019-12-10 at 02:39 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Without understanding precisely what happened, Frederick finds himself suddenly weighed down by his armor, unable to pull his heavy limbs from the thick mud.

    Spoiler: Frederick, round 7
    Show
    Frederick Strongarm
    M LG Half-Orc Paladin 5 (VMC Barbarian), Level 5, Init 1, HP 44/44 (54/54), Speed 20
    AC 22 (19), Touch 11(10), Flat-footed 22(21), CMD 19, Fort 8, Ref 4, Will 6 (8), CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Magic Falchion +1 +10 (2d4+7, 18-20/x2)
    Warhammer +9 (1d8+4, x3)
    MW Composite Longbow (+3 str) (40 standard arrows) +6 (1d8+3, x3)
    MW Glaive +10 (1d10+6, x3)
    Full Plate +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1(+10 Armor, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 19 (25), Dex 10 (8), Con 12 (16), Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
    Condition Lay on Hands: 4/5 (2d6,removes fatigue)
    Smite Evil: 2/2
    Divine Bond: 1/1
    Rage: 5/6
    Grace: 1/1
    Hero's Defiance: 1/1
    Rage: +4 str, +4 con, +2 will saves, -2 AC
    Enlarge: +2 str, -2 dex, -1 AC, -1 to hit, large sized damage dice
    Aid: +1 attack, + 9 temp HP (5 mins, -48 secs)

    can't move/attack/spells, so.... *shrugs*
    Last edited by Farmerbink; 2019-12-11 at 10:02 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 7

    One of the female lizards steps forward and hisses... something and all of a sudden Lydia finds the solid ground beneath her feet giving way to thick, slippery mud. It's all she can do to plant her spear and use it to try and steady her balance - thoughts of attack or strategy temporarily flee her mind. "Hold on, don't open the gate yet!" she cries out to the voice inside. "They're using magic - they've turned the ground to mud. Wait for my signal!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Stuck in the mud

    Active spell effects:
    - Bull's Strength on self (+4 STR, 5 min)
    - Aid on Frederick (+1 atk, +1 save vs fear, [roll17] temp hp, 5 min)
    - Haste from Amerain (+1 atk, +1 AC, extra atk)


    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 5 LG HP 43 / 43 Speed ft Init 5 AC 20 Fort 6 Ref 3 Will 7 CMB +8 BAB 3 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 8, x3)
    Longsword +8 (1d8 + 5, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 5, x2) Str 16 (5) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms)

    Age of Worms loot tracking

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 7

    They can use magic!?! Olofire shakes his head deftly walking over the lighter Earth, his lithe frame all but unaffected.

    Guys! Hurry up and get out of that! They are coming!

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move to AI,32 to hopefully protect my teammates from the oncoming horde of LizzARDS!

    Total Defense Action (+4 dodge bonus, no AoOs)

    If ANY enemy moves adjacent, attacks Olofire, and misses, he will as an immediate action spend a panache point to move into their space with Underfoot Assault. If this happens, any teammate adjacent to the enemy AND Olofire is considered flanking with Olofire. -4 to Attack rolls and Combat Manuever checks vs Olofire from that enemy as well.


    Spoiler: Mutated Total Defense Not Stuck in Mud BadA Statblock
    Show
    Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 3/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 5, Init 6, HP 26/32, Speed 30 ft
    AC 28, Touch 22, Flat-footed 17, CMD 23, Fort 7, Ref 15, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +13 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +12 (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +12 (1d4+6, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 23, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
    Condition Haste 2/10 rounds
    Mutagen 29:48 minutes left
    Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 0/1
    Extracts prepared: CLW 1/1, Expeditious Retreat 1/1, Shield 1/1, 1 blank extract (1 minute to create)
    Panache 3/3

    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2019-12-11 at 12:08 AM.
    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show




  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    This is where our stupid catches up to us!

    The cheetah rushes forward to attack the spellcaster while Amearin moves up and begins to chant again. Just as the cheetah reaches its target, a wad of grease hits the ground behind it.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Cheetah moves to (AK, 37) and attacks SS
    Attack - (1d20+8)[20]
    [roll=Damage[1d6+5[/roll] + Trip
    6 - (from OOC)

    Amearin moves to (AM,29) and casts Grease. (AK, 35) X ( AL, 36)



    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    Amearin
    Amearin Deh Elf Wizard 5 NG HP 23 / 23 Speed ft Init 8 AC 13 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 5 CMB +2 BAB 2 Ray of Frost 5 (, x20) Str 10 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 22 (6) Cha 8 (-1)


    Cheetah
    3/10
    DEFENSE

    AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +1 natural, +1 Haste)
    hp [22/23]
    Fort [+7], Ref +8 (+1 Haste), Will +2; SR 7
    Celestial Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5


    OFFENSE

    Speed 80 ft. (+30 Haste); sprint
    Melee bite [+8] (+1 Haste) ( [ 1d6+5] plus trip ), 2 claws [+8] (+1 Haste) [ 1d3+5]
    Special Attack smite evil/good

    STATISTICS

    Str [21], Dex 19, Con[19], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5 [+7]; CMD 19 [21] (23 [25] vs. trip)
    Feats Improved Initiative , Weapon Finesse
    Last edited by Untarr; 2019-12-12 at 06:30 AM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 7

    As most of the party slips and slides, unable to keep their footing in the mud, Olofire bravely (or madly?) steps in front of Lydia, doing his best to protect the cleric with his body as the shield. Demonstrating its supernatural wisdom, the summoned celestial cheetah immediately identifies the new threat and charges it, biting and tripping the lizardfolk druid. Meanwhile, Amearin moves forward on the ramparts and conjures a slick of grease to cut off one of the enemy attack routes.

    For the soldiers parts, they seem exceedingly glad to see Amearin, pointing out lizardfolk (all of which he had already seen) and asking him for directions. "The commander was killed two days ago - we've only barely held on!" exclaims one young man, his face dirty with dried mud and worse. Another cries, "The savages eat their dead and those they kill! They've been eating whats left of our horses!" A third mutters, "Too bad for Marzena and the others - they were dragged into the swamp yesterday afternoon..."

    As most of the javelins miss their marks, the lizardfolk leader screams in anger, but remains firmly in control of himself and his mount.

    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Fools! If you cannot hit your mark, aim for someone easier! Shesht has them rolling in the mud like pigs - skewer them!"

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Can be found in the OoC thread - this is getting complicated.

    In a flurry of weapons, teeth, javelins, and two arrows, the battle turns to chaos. In spite of the mud hindering them, the PCs are able to avoid all of the javelins thrown at them. The lizardfolk surround the summoned cheetah, but the beautiful beast avoids all but three attacks (two bites - one from the warband leader and one from his mount - and a morningstar). As the lizardfolk druid tries to roll away the cheetah snaps at her, drawing more blood. And two of the human soldiers, inspired by the PCs, draw arrows and...miss their marks.

    The cheetah took 14 damage. The map is updated. Begin Round 8!

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 8

    By some miracle of Heironeous, they haven't been overrun yet despite the unexpected development of an enemy spellcaster. "Rally! Back on your feet!" Lydia cries as she struggles to do the same. "Hold the line!!!" She takes a few short steps through the mud to jab at the nearest encroaching lizardman, Amearin's spell supernaturally quickening her strikes.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    5ft step to AH/31 and then full attack against lizard LB (to take advantage of the extra attack from haste).

    (atk mods: -1 power atk, +1 haste)

    power attack (1d20+9)[15], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[29], damage (1d8+11)[16], crit dmg (2d8+22)[35]
    power attack (1d20+9)[25], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[21], damage (1d8+11)[17], crit dmg (2d8+22)[31]

    Active spell effects:
    - Bull's Strength on self (+4 STR, 5 min)
    - Aid on Frederick (+1 atk, +1 save vs fear, (1d20+9)[20] temp hp, 5 min)
    - Haste from Amerain (+1 atk, +1 AC, extra atk)


    AoOs if applicable:
    power attack (1d20+9)[19], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[11], damage (1d8+11)[13], crit dmg (2d8+22)[30]
    power attack (1d20+9)[25], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[11], damage (1d8+11)[15], crit dmg (2d8+22)[35]
    power attack (1d20+9)[28], cc (20/x3) (1d20+9)[20], damage (1d8+11)[17], crit dmg (2d8+22)[27]

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 5 LG HP 43 / 43 Speed ft Init 5 AC 20 Fort 6 Ref 4 Will 7 CMB +8 BAB 3 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 8, x3)
    Longsword +8 (1d8 + 5, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 5, x2) Str 16 (5) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)


    Lydia (Age of Worms)

    Age of Worms loot tracking

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Hold the line?HOLD WHAT LINE? The mud pit you're standing in you nitwit busybody!?

    Well, while we're being imbeciles about this...

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Cheetah
    Smite Evil, Targeting the Shaman
    +3 Atk/Dmg

    Full Attack
    Attack-Bite - (1d20+9)[12]
    Dmg-Bite - (1d6+8)[10]
    Haste Attack-Bite - (1d20+9)[24]
    Haste Dmg-Bite - (1d6+8)[14]

    Attack-Claw1 - (1d20+9)[13]
    Dmg-Claw1 - (1d3+8)[11]
    Attack-Claw2 - (1d20+9)[10]
    Dmg-Claw2 - (1d3+8)[9]

    Amearin begins casting Summon Monster 2



    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Amearin
    Amearin Deh Elf Wizard 5 NG HP 23 / 23 Speed ft Init 8 AC 13 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 5 CMB +2 BAB 2 Ray of Frost 5 (, x20) Str 10 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 12 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 22 (6) Cha 8 (-1)


    Cheetah
    3/10
    DEFENSE

    -2 Attack, Grappled -4 dex

    AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+4 - 2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 Haste)
    hp [6]
    Fort [+7], Ref +8 (+1 Haste), Will +2; SR 7
    Celestial Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5


    OFFENSE

    Speed 80 ft. (+30 Haste); sprint
    Melee bite [+8] (+1 Haste) ( [ 1d6+5] plus trip ), 2 claws [+8] (+1 Haste) [ 1d3+5]
    Special Attack smite evil/good

    STATISTICS

    Str [21], Dex 19, Con[19], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5 [+7]; CMD 19 [21] (23 [25] vs. trip)
    Feats Improved Initiative , Weapon Finesse
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Round 8

    Frustrated at the distance Olofire lets out a beastly shriek and rushes forward! Wait, not forward but around the lizardfolk and to the aid of the shining cheetah!

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Olofire moves to (AK,39) and bites Lizard "18" flanking with Cheetah.

    With Haste, 60ft movement speed, can get me around everyone without provoking an AoO from everyone but SS.

    Bonuses: +1 Haste, +2 flanking, -1 Piranha Strike
    Attack (1d20+14)[15]
    CC x2 (1d20+14)[26]
    Damage [rol]1d6+8[/roll] + Sneak Attack (3d6)[11]

    Again, now that I am in melee if one of these guys (ESPECIALLY the leader or his mount) attack and miss, use Panache to enter their space, ready to flank with the next summon.

    Spoiler: Character Stats
    Show

    Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 3/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 5, Init 6, HP 26/32, Speed 30 ft
    AC 28, Touch 22, Flat-footed 17, CMD 23, Fort 7, Ref 15, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +13 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +12 (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +12 (1d4+6, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 23, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
    Condition Haste 4/10 rounds
    Mutagen 29:36 minutes left
    Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 0/1
    Extracts prepared: CLW 1/1, Expeditious Retreat 1/1, Shield 1/1, 1 blank extract (1 minute to create)
    Panache 3/3

    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show




  29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Frederick curses under his breath, as he finally tears his plated legs free of the mud. With a wet squelch, he steps forward towards the oily slick, bringing his heavy blade to bear.

    Spoiler: Frederick, round 7
    Show
    Frederick Strongarm
    M LG Half-Orc Paladin 5 (VMC Barbarian), Level 5, Init 1, HP 44/44 (54/54), Speed 20
    AC 22 (19), Touch 11(10), Flat-footed 22(21), CMD 19, Fort 8, Ref 4, Will 6 (8), CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Magic Falchion +1 +10 (2d4+7, 18-20/x2)
    Warhammer +9 (1d8+4, x3)
    MW Composite Longbow (+3 str) (40 standard arrows) +6 (1d8+3, x3)
    MW Glaive +10 (1d10+6, x3)
    Full Plate +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1(+10 Armor, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 19 (25), Dex 10 (8), Con 12 (16), Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
    Condition Lay on Hands: 4/5 (2d6,removes fatigue)
    Smite Evil: 2/2
    Divine Bond: 1/1
    Rage: 5/6
    Grace: 1/1
    Hero's Defiance: 1/1
    Rage: +4 str, +4 con, +2 will saves, -2 AC
    Enlarge: +2 str, -2 dex, -1 AC, -1 to hit, large sized damage dice
    Aid: +1 attack, + 9 temp HP (5 mins, -48 secs)

    Move 10 feet south, as use reach to severely complicate the lives of lizards trying to manage the grease. Attack L20:
    (1d20+12)[18] attack
    (1d20+12)[29] CC (30+)
    (2d6+8)[16] damage
    (2d6+8)[18] crit bonus

    AOO:
    (1d20+12)[13] attack
    (1d20+12)[18] CC (30+)
    (2d6+8)[14] damage
    (2d6+8)[19] crit bonus

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

    Jan's windmilling arms finally seem to steady her in the suddenly shifting ground. "Ugh! My robes!" grumbles the gnome in a voice of disgust. Casting an indignant glare around for the source of her ire, she sees Olofire and Frederick striding to assist the beleaguered celestial cheetah, and Lydia defending at the other flank. Expression changing instantly to one of alarm for the mass of reptilian flesh approaching from that angle, the gnome makes a scooping gesture with her tiny hands and murmurs a few words. As the ground begins to suddenly sink beneath the feet of the frontmost lizards, she cackles a mirthless laugh. "You like playing in the dirt, eh?? Here you go!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast Create Pit in the square bounded by AE31 and AF32. Edit: DC is 18, I believe
    It sounds like Frederick and Lydia threaten the gap between them, so Jan will move to stay roughly within their combined AoO range if applicable.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Janstina Silentall
    F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 5, Init 4, HP 37/37, Speed 40
    AC 22, Touch 14, Flat-footed 19, CMD 12, Fort 2, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Acidic Ray Ranged (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d3-2, x2, 19-20)
    (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 23
    Condition Mage Armor, 2 hrs: +4 Armor to AC
    Shield, +4 Shield to AC, deflects Magic Missiles, 6 rds remaining
    Haste: +1 atk, +1 (dodge) AC and Reflex saves, doubled speed, 3 rds remaining(?)
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2019-12-17 at 01:14 PM.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •