New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Magic items for a LV 13 Cleric?

Hi all!

As the topic says, I'm looking for ideas for magic items. We're running a series of modules made deadliers (we're near the end of dead in Thay, then giants, tomb) and I'm looking for ideas for my v. human grave cleric. While not a problem, she's pretty well set up, and I don't know how I'd make her better.

For non attunement items, she's wearing Plate Mail +1, and a shield +1, for an AC of 22. Her new attunement item is a cloak of displacement, making her really hard to hit her via AC.

Her other attuned items are a ring of fire resistance, and a ring of spell storing. For spell storing, I typically grab a few casting of 'absorb elements' from our party's ranger to cover elemental danger. We see a LOT of fireballs, and with my poor dex, these have been great for my defense.

Also, we found a tome of Wisdom early, so she has a wisdom of 22. In addition, she has goggles of night for dark vision, and a jug of alchemy for fun.

She's the most powerful, most decked out character I have had in a long time. I'm not sure how to improve her from here, what items could be better. Still, with us planning to do the tomb of horrors eventually - and with that places reputation, I haven't seen it - we could use every advantage we can get. We are allowed to put in custom orders to the mage guild for specific items, but I'm not even sure what I'd ask for at this point. She carries no weapon to keep a free hand for spells with her shield (don't have war caster). What can the board suggest to improve her?

Oh, and FYI The other characters (barbarian, ranger, sorcerer, and rogue/barbarian) have nice things as well (our ranger has +3 vorpal sword, for example) so I'm not hogging the magic items or anything, for what that is worth.

Thank you for your time!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Magic items for a LV 13 Cleric?

A broom of flying is non attunement and is awesome.

A wand of fireballs or lightning is great for a cleric sometimes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ring of Fire Resistance's value is somewhat lessened since you can cast Absorb Elements. Maybe swap it out?

Suggestions:
    Amulet of Health
    Mantle of Spell Resistance
    Ring of Evasion
    Ioun Stone of Insight
    Helm of Brilliance

Non-attunement suggestions:
    Goggles of Night
    Dwarven Plate
    Adamantine Plate (+1?)
    Necklace of Fireballs
    Periapt of Proof against Poison
    Bag of Holding
    Potion(s) of Resistance

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

A Candle of Invocation, matched to your alignment.