The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 143
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post


    Zekiel Vane, pirate shapeshifter

    "Did you ever have that nightmare? A monster is chasing you. But then you meet an old man. But he is also the monster. Young woman? She is also the monster. You try to run. But suddenly, you have no legs. You try to fight, but you have no arms. That was the gods warning you not to cross me."

    Zekiel grew up on the harsh Devil's March, bordering the Ukrudan desert and the Inferno Gulf, as a tribal shaman's son. As a youth, he learned to be wary of both monsters and slaver parties of black iron dwarves out of nearby Dunahnae.

    He quickly mastered shapeshifting like his father; but it seems that the magic changed him on a deeper level as well. He found the rigid traditions of his society chafing; when he could change his face and his body, why not change his fate and his life?
    When his father died, his mother wrapped the corpse in cloth and built a pyre. There was no wake, no sky-burial, none of the usual traditions around death. That made people talk; and that talk was what gave Zekiel the push he needed to leave his ancestral lands.

    All by himself, he was easy prey for slavers. As a strapping young man, he was chained to the oars of a Chardunite war galley. All was bleak, and the spirits of his homeland no longer heeded his call. But eventually he found that the ability to master his own shape, at least, was is own. And with that, he made his escape. Despite the inauspicious start, the sea agreed with him. Wide open space, freedom of movement, and very little sand and dust.

    He was working passage on a merchantman when they were boarded by pirates; after seeing the young tribesman fight, the captain offered him a place on their crew. Zekiel shrugged and accepted; that's how he became a pirate. That's when he took the name "Zekiel", and when he learned that the continent was called Ghelspad and the world was called Scarn.

    Among the pirates were devotees of the windy, unpredictable trickster god Enkili. As he rose through the ranks to boatswain and evenually captain, he rose in Enkili's esteem as well, and he has been gifted with speed, luck and command of weather by that wispy deity.

    One day, after raiding a dig site and freeing the slaves there, Captain Vane came across the portal that was being dug free, and accidentally activated it briefly. Now, in a strange place, he needs to find his bearings. And make some coin.
    Nice background, Vane would probably finding other sailors/captains in the City.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Charlie Alexander

    Sheet
    Born and raised in the Cogs of Sharn, on the Eberron Prime, Charlie was nothing terribly special, a quick-witted little b***ard with a morbid curiosity in the Arcane. Always poking around in the workings of the City of Towers' Artificers, always looking for that one step ahead, some way to pull himself out of poverty. He made something of a Rogue of himself, stealing small devices after watching to see what they did, and selling them on the black market. He bounced around within Sharn for a good chunk of his young life, and by the time he was 18, he had pulled himself up to the heights of the middle city, turning his life around by starting to work for the Artificers, reclaiming and finding materials for them to use, a man who knows how to get things.

    Of course, if there's one lesson to be had from being a foolish young man playing around in a mage's game, it's to just not. Long story cut short, Charlie got caught in a little tiff between a Conjuror and her boyfriend, and between dodging the ususal fireballs, managed to get flung across the planes. On the other hand, life can deal you all sorts of hands, and Charlie found that the interplanar lifestyle suited him. Moving between the outer spheres, demiplanes, and more central places like Sigil, it was relatively easy to keep generally beneath the radar, and p*ss off only those he had leaverage on. Running messages for the factions, investigating crimes for those with a few coins (or, though he'd never admit it, a deep enough need), commiting crimes for those with a few more, he took to his interplanar life like a duck to water.

    Ten years on, hitting his 30s, Charlie is something more than he was. Sure he had figured in his youth on being some all-powerful magus, but frankly, that's more trouble than it's worth. He's got enough magic to see him through - it's amazing how many people are impressed with a magic bullet from the pointed finger ('specially when it hits the guy you've a disagreement with in just the right place) - and enough smarts and tricks to see him the rest of the way. The City of Seven Seraphs is something of a logical step for him - though despite his smug smirk, it wasn't his intention, hell the Sigil Set don't really acknowledge the place exists - and he's going to take advantage of his new surroundings. Plus he's old hat at jumping between worlds, and he's sure he can turn that into coin.
    Pretty nice overall.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Any issues/questions?

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Any issues/questions?
    Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Vane's most brutal combat form is something like a Wemic ("Lion centaur"), but huge sized and more bestial; 4 claws and a bite at +14 to hit, about 19 damage per hit, with traits left over for things like Pounce or Grab. If there is room for huge creatures, that is.
    Semper ludens.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    I feel like we're turning our PCs into the best Pokémon team ever!
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Hmm. I'm not sure I'm a fan of how my build is turning out so far. Considering transitioning to a Goblin Alchemist, who could still handle healing needs but would also provide some much-needed ranged firepower to the party. (Only slightly inspired by Nott from Critical Role).

    EDIT: Went ahead and made the change-over. Lizzel "Twig" Miraldi is about 95% done mechanically, I just need to finalize her equipment and go over the sheet one last time to make sure nothing's missing. I have an idea for a backstory that I like, but it'll take a little while to write it all out.
    Last edited by KatsOfLoathing; 2019-11-21 at 11:06 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Vane's most brutal combat form is something like a Wemic ("Lion centaur"), but huge sized and more bestial; 4 claws and a bite at +14 to hit, about 19 damage per hit, with traits left over for things like Pounce or Grab. If there is room for huge creatures, that is.
    Nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    I feel like we're turning our PCs into the best Pokémon team ever!
    Now just need the Monster trainer class.

    Quote Originally Posted by KatsOfLoathing View Post
    Hmm. I'm not sure I'm a fan of how my build is turning out so far. Considering transitioning to a Goblin Alchemist, who could still handle healing needs but would also provide some much-needed ranged firepower to the party. (Only slightly inspired by Nott from Critical Role).

    EDIT: Went ahead and made the change-over. Lizzel "Twig" Miraldi is about 95% done mechanically, I just need to finalize her equipment and go over the sheet one last time to make sure nothing's missing. I have an idea for a backstory that I like, but it'll take a little while to write it all out.
    Alright, you got time.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Would you allow the Malefex from Dreamscarred Press?

    I'm currently thinking of a man cursed by a capricious fey with a minor monkey's paw-type power - i.e. he makes a tiny wish and it's granted, but with negative consequences based on exact wordings and unforeseen interpretations. It ruined his life, drove away his family, and made him a beggar, but he's since learned how to weaponize it with creative wording and focusing the "benefits" on others.

    If not a Malefex, I would probably make him a Cryptic, as someone who understands patterns no one else can see (and that might not even exist).

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Would you allow the Malefex from Dreamscarred Press?

    I'm currently thinking of a man cursed by a capricious fey with a minor monkey's paw-type power - i.e. he makes a tiny wish and it's granted, but with negative consequences based on exact wordings and unforeseen interpretations. It ruined his life, drove away his family, and made him a beggar, but he's since learned how to weaponize it with creative wording and focusing the "benefits" on others.

    If not a Malefex, I would probably make him a Cryptic, as someone who understands patterns no one else can see (and that might not even exist).
    Yeah it's fine to use.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    I'm interested. I have a vague idea for a hunter of Fey. Someone who made his fame and fortune hunting the magical creatures of his world. One day he was following a particularly nasty creature when it hopped through a doorway, and my character found himself in the Co7S. Obviously I'll get the background more fleshed out as I work, but that's the major overview.

    Currently thinking either Slayer or, if I decide to try SoM finally, an Armiger.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    I had a spare second and thought I'd make a table of all the applicants to keep things organized. Feel free to borrow it and fill in Completion Status, Left Hand (or fellow players just let me know and I'll update it).

    Player Character Alignment Race Class Completion Status
    tonberryking Clover / Kamen Rabbit CG Kitsune (Rabbitoid) Henshin Hero ?
    Hazuki Lya "Squire" Newgrave LG Tiefling (Div-Spawn) Nexus Complete
    PersonMan Illuri TN Aasimar Mystic / Animus Adept Complete
    samduke Jesica of Antioch NG Human Inquisitor / Fighter Complete
    Genth Charlie Alexander CG Human Investigator (Nightblazer) Complete
    CasualViking Zekiel Vane CN Half-Elf (Doppelganger-Spawn) Warpriest (Sacred Fist, Devoted Disciple) / Incanter / Shifter (Apex Shifter, Warshifter) Complete
    KatsOfLoathing Lizzel "Twig" Miraldi CG Goblin Alchemist (Eldritch Infuser) Complete
    DoctorFaust Finnegan Wake NG Undine Mystic (Gunsmoke Mystic) Needs Gear
    redfeline Charlotte Harper ? Elf Mountebank (Phantom Thief) / Hive In Progress
    Irrelephant Kanenas CG Aasimar (Angelkin) Inquisitor (Ravener Hunter, Shield of the Gods) / Stormbound (Devotee of the Storm) / Zealot (Excruciator) In Progress
    Triskavanski Motoku LN Catfolk Samurai (Warrior Poet) In Progress
    kjelfalconer Nicholas Ironblood CG Human Armorist Complete
    ylvathrall Rabbit CN Wulfkin Barbarian (Masquerade Reveler) Complete
    JBarca Abalkan LN Oread Armiger In Progress
    Illogictree Eiju NG Kistune Vizier / Wraith / Tactician In Progress
    Last edited by KatsOfLoathing; 2019-12-03 at 07:16 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    LYa is complete.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    I need to spend the rest of the money, but I think I have all of the mechanics for my character done. When I was actually writing up the backstory for the Ceptu idea I had, I thought I was being a bit too silly and derivate of Blasto the Hanar Spectre so I wound up sorta combining the two ideas I had and made an Undine Gunsmoke Mystic.

    Finnegan Wake
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    LYa is complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    I need to spend the rest of the money, but I think I have all of the mechanics for my character done. When I was actually writing up the backstory for the Ceptu idea I had, I thought I was being a bit too silly and derivate of Blasto the Hanar Spectre so I wound up sorta combining the two ideas I had and made an Undine Gunsmoke Mystic.

    Finnegan Wake
    Table is updated.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Illuri is also done.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Charlie is pretty much done

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    As posted previously, but not included on the chart above, I am looking to make a gamla guru.

    I buried my mother today, and spend time with family tonight and tomorrow, but will likely be back in full game-mode on Sunday. (Hey, when else will I get to use that excuse?) Anyway, LeftHand, when do submissions need to be completed?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2019-11-22 at 06:37 PM.
    01/08/ 2020: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars (Groves, Jacobs, Taylor, 2014).
    11/30/ 2019: I have completed reading Lost Spheres Publishings' Akashic Realms, Vol. 1: Emperors & Einherjar (Sayres & Sowards 2019), and it is approved for playtesting, with the understanding that material in this book extrapolated as reprint from other sources that have not yet been vetted (or have been denied) are not allowed.
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note at this time.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Updated! Thanks, folks. Hope you and your family are doing okay, lostsole31.

    Spoiler: Twig's Backstory
    Show
    The child's birth and early years were not happy ones for her cave-dwelling goblin clan. Whereas most goblin children were jubilant and loud, always scuffling with each other and demanding to learn how to use weapons, the girl was withdrawn and preferred to keep to herself. She never expressed much interest in participating in the clan's banditry against passing merchant caravans, never manifested that killer instinct that seemed to come so easily to her clan brothers and sisters.

    And sometimes the girl did things that scared the others: rocks shined and sparked when she held them, and sometimes her skin would bubble and change color, become something other than a natural green. The clan didn't understand and so it scared and enraged them. And so even among the goblins, a species made of outcasts, the girl was isolated from those around her. Her mother named her Lizzel, but the rest of the clan called her "Twigtip", so scrawny and small she was even by their lean standards. They kept her around and put her to work - an extra pair of eyes is always useful on a raid - but grudgingly so at best.

    "Be a good girl," Twig's clansfolk told her, but the words had no meaning to a girl who had never learned not to be bad.

    It didn't last forever. One night a raid on a caravan went poorly; the guards more numerous and better-armed than the goblins had thought. The others fled, and Twig was left behind, unarmed and with a hurt leg. By some miracle, the guard that found her didn't skewer her on the spot, but brought her to a healer traveling with the convoy. The healer bound her wounds, spoke soft and comforting words, and for the first time in her life Twig did not shrink back when somebody else touched her.

    The healer was an alchemist and scientist by the name of Doctor Miraldi, on his way home from an expedition abroad. He asked a day later if Twig wanted to live with him, recognizing her intelligence and eagerness to learn. And even though she knew nothing of the world of cities or humans, she agreed eagerly, and from that day on became the good doctor's ward, learning from him the secrets of alchemy and how to harness her innate magic. Some of Miraldi's colleagues gave him strange looks at the petite goblin child who followed in his wake in his laboratory, but his reputation was such that none openly questioned it.

    "Be a good girl," The doctor whispered in her ear whenever he entertained visitors at his home, and like never before she wanted to make those words real.

    And again, it wouldn't last. Miraldi had many friends, but he also had powerful enemies. They attacked the alchemist's home late one frigid night, destroying his life's research, slaughtering the servants, and then killing Miraldi himself right in front of a struggling Twig's eyes. The only person who had ever shown Twig love bled out on the stone floor before her eyes, and there wasn't a single thing she could do about it.

    She thought they would kill her too. She wished they had. But the leader of the criminals, an assassin named Ezran, saw something within Twig, the darkness and anger she had long buried inside herself while living as Miraldi's ward. And so Twig found a second father figure in her life, but not a loving one. Ezran encouraged only the worst in her, fostering her dangerous instincts and teaching her how to be a killer like him, and beating her to an inch of her life whenever she tried to disobey.

    "Be a good girl," Ezran said to her, and Twig felt the words set her blood to boil even as she clenched her jaw so hard it hurt.

    Eventually, when he deemed her ready, Ezran brought Twig far from the city she'd lived most of her formative years in, to a new, wonderful, terrifying place he called the City of Seven Seraphs. They were going to accepting new jobs and seeking their fortune, he'd said. He thought Twig was ready - and he was right, all too right. Twig had never forgotten that this was the man who had slit the throat of the only person who had ever shown her kindness. So she bided her time, and when the moment was right, she put a crossbow bolt through Ezran's heart, and added another ghost to her first. A body at her feet, her mind raced to figure out where she went next.

    She had come so far, done so much, learned so much. But now she was a stranger in an unknown land, with blood on her hands, blood in her past. But she had not forgotten all that Doctor Miraldi had taught her. Had not forgotten that there were people in the world who were not monsters, not like the assassin who had used her or the clan that had abandoned her. Even after everything, she knew what it felt like to be loved. She knew what it felt like to do the right thing.

    "Be a good girl," Twig whispered to herself as she took the first steps towards a new life, and clung to the words like a life raft in a hurricane.
    Last edited by KatsOfLoathing; 2019-11-22 at 06:51 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by JBarca View Post
    I'm interested. I have a vague idea for a hunter of Fey. Someone who made his fame and fortune hunting the magical creatures of his world. One day he was following a particularly nasty creature when it hopped through a doorway, and my character found himself in the Co7S. Obviously I'll get the background more fleshed out as I work, but that's the major overview.

    Currently thinking either Slayer or, if I decide to try SoM finally, an Armiger.
    Alright if you have some questions, will do my best to answer them in a prompt manner.

    for all the done characters, I'll check them out tomorrow. Have a few things to do tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    As posted previously, but not included on the chart above, I am looking to make a gamla guru.

    I buried my mother today, and spend time with family tonight and tomorrow, but will likely be back in full game-mode on Sunday. (Hey, when else will I get to use that excuse?) Anyway, LeftHand, when do submissions need to be completed?
    My condolences, december 6th is the deadline for this game.

    Quote Originally Posted by KatsOfLoathing View Post
    Updated! Thanks, folks. Hope you and your family are doing okay, lostsole31.

    Spoiler: Twig's Backstory
    Show
    The child's birth and early years were not happy ones for her cave-dwelling goblin clan. Whereas most goblin children were jubilant and loud, always scuffling with each other and demanding to learn how to use weapons, the girl was withdrawn and preferred to keep to herself. She never expressed much interest in participating in the clan's banditry against passing merchant caravans, never manifested that killer instinct that seemed to come so easily to her clan brothers and sisters.

    And sometimes the girl did things that scared the others: rocks shined and sparked when she held them, and sometimes her skin would bubble and change color, become something other than a natural green. The clan didn't understand and so it scared and enraged them. And so even among the goblins, a species made of outcasts, the girl was isolated from those around her. Her mother named her Lizzel, but the rest of the clan called her "Twigtip", so scrawny and small she was even by their lean standards. They kept her around and put her to work - an extra pair of eyes is always useful on a raid - but grudgingly so at best.

    "Be a good girl," Twig's clansfolk told her, but the words had no meaning to a girl who had never learned not to be bad.

    It didn't last forever. One night a raid on a caravan went poorly; the guards more numerous and better-armed than the goblins had thought. The others fled, and Twig was left behind, unarmed and with a hurt leg. By some miracle, the guard that found her didn't skewer her on the spot, but brought her to a healer traveling with the convoy. The healer bound her wounds, spoke soft and comforting words, and for the first time in her life Twig did not shrink back when somebody else touched her.

    The healer was an alchemist and scientist by the name of Doctor Miraldi, on his way home from an expedition abroad. He asked a day later if Twig wanted to live with him, recognizing her intelligence and eagerness to learn. And even though she knew nothing of the world of cities or humans, she agreed eagerly, and from that day on became the good doctor's ward, learning from him the secrets of alchemy and how to harness her innate magic. Some of Miraldi's colleagues gave him strange looks at the petite goblin child who followed in his wake in his laboratory, but his reputation was such that none openly questioned it.

    "Be a good girl," The doctor whispered in her ear whenever he entertained visitors at his home, and like never before she wanted to make those words real.

    And again, it wouldn't last. Miraldi had many friends, but he also had powerful enemies. They attacked the alchemist's home late one frigid night, destroying his life's research, slaughtering the servants, and then killing Miraldi himself right in front of a struggling Twig's eyes. The only person who had ever shown Twig love bled out on the stone floor before her eyes, and there wasn't a single thing she could do about it.

    She thought they would kill her too. She wished they had. But the leader of the criminals, an assassin named Ezran, saw something within Twig, the darkness and anger she had long buried inside herself while living as Miraldi's ward. And so Twig found a second father figure in her life, but not a loving one. Ezran encouraged only the worst in her, fostering her dangerous instincts and teaching her how to be a killer like him, and beating her to an inch of her life whenever she tried to disobey.

    "Be a good girl," Ezran said to her, and Twig felt the words set her blood to boil even as she clenched her jaw so hard it hurt.

    Eventually, when he deemed her ready, Ezran brought Twig far from the city she'd lived most of her formative years in, to a new, wonderful, terrifying place he called the City of Seven Seraphs. They were going to accepting new jobs and seeking their fortune, he'd said. He thought Twig was ready - and he was right, all too right. Twig had never forgotten that this was the man who had slit the throat of the only person who had ever shown her kindness. So she bided her time, and when the moment was right, she put a crossbow bolt through Ezran's heart, and added another ghost to her first. A body at her feet, her mind raced to figure out where she went next.

    She had come so far, done so much, learned so much. But now she was a stranger in an unknown land, with blood on her hands, blood in her past. But she had not forgotten all that Doctor Miraldi had taught her. Had not forgotten that there were people in the world who were not monsters, not like the assassin who had used her or the clan that had abandoned her. Even after everything, she knew what it felt like to be loved. She knew what it felt like to do the right thing.

    "Be a good girl," Twig whispered to herself as she took the first steps towards a new life, and clung to the words like a life raft in a hurricane.
    Nice and thanks for the keeping the table up to date.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    I was thinking of submitting a scavenger from a sort of "post-apocalyptic" plane shrouded in death, where the skeletons of great beasts hostile to the living walk the land alongside the moldering skeletons of great towers, a member of a mystic order dedicated to preserving the one edge (magic) that mankind has over these monsters... the kind of person who would have a lot of culture shock to deal with after a runaway magical cascade from a recovered artifact ripped her and the rest of her tribe across worlds to what is apparently an entire multiverse full of safe places to live. I would imagine she joined the Eternal Dawning out of a need to return to a familiar structure in her life, with the chance to save innocent lives being a nice bonus.

    However, this raises a question: when you say all first party Paizo content is available, does that include technological weapons and modern firearms, or should I stick to regular magic items? Because while I would very much like to play around with a plasma blade or a madsen LMG, there's a very clear reason few games offer opportunities to... it's not the kind of thing a lot of D&D players like to see in their fantasy.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    I feel like we're turning our PCs into the best Pokémon team ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post
    Now just need the Monster trainer class.
    Alright here you go

    Wip sheet

    Spoiler: Basicly
    Show

    I have no idea what I was thinking. I wanted to try the mounteblanc class and the hive prestiege class, while taking advantage of the guns setting. The result is an invisible, teleporting, pick pocket who punches you with a gun before pulling the trigger. Oh and can pull a swarm out of an interdenominational space.


    Related topic: How much does it cost to buy a swarm of bees?
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Foryn Gilnith View Post
    I was thinking of submitting a scavenger from a sort of "post-apocalyptic" plane shrouded in death, where the skeletons of great beasts hostile to the living walk the land alongside the moldering skeletons of great towers, a member of a mystic order dedicated to preserving the one edge (magic) that mankind has over these monsters... the kind of person who would have a lot of culture shock to deal with after a runaway magical cascade from a recovered artifact ripped her and the rest of her tribe across worlds to what is apparently an entire multiverse full of safe places to live. I would imagine she joined the Eternal Dawning out of a need to return to a familiar structure in her life, with the chance to save innocent lives being a nice bonus.

    However, this raises a question: when you say all first party Paizo content is available, does that include technological weapons and modern firearms, or should I stick to regular magic items? Because while I would very much like to play around with a plasma blade or a madsen LMG, there's a very clear reason few games offer opportunities to... it's not the kind of thing a lot of D&D players like to see in their fantasy.
    They are available, just there is no discount on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Alright here you go

    Wip sheet

    Spoiler: Basicly
    Show

    I have no idea what I was thinking. I wanted to try the mounteblanc class and the hive prestiege class, while taking advantage of the guns setting. The result is an invisible, teleporting, pick pocket who punches you with a gun before pulling the trigger. Oh and can pull a swarm out of an interdenominational space.


    Related topic: How much does it cost to buy a swarm of bees?
    Funny enough, it's actually a thing. , yeah swarms bullet...not even third party, just swarm bullets. A wand of Vomit Swarm is probably a better alternative price wise.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Fun items but both of those are temporary. The character can train a swarm of bats, bees, or whatever. So I would prefer buying a real non magical bee hive or something.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    angelpalm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    @Left Hand what would you think of me making a Zealot using this simple archetype I created?

    What do the rest of ya'll think? I remember there being something very similar in the zealot playtest that was dropped for some reason. I just hate the fact that you are a healer but can't raise the dead lol. I would like to play this and just be a straight up Zealot 1-20
    Last edited by angelpalm; 2019-11-23 at 12:01 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Fun items but both of those are temporary. The character can train a swarm of bats, bees, or whatever. So I would prefer buying a real non magical bee hive or something.
    Not really anything mundane that has some combat effectiveness. the closest would be a traveling beehive but at these levels, its pretty much close to just an accesory at this point: Traveling Bee Hive

    Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    @Left Hand what would you think of me making a Zealot using this simple archetype I created?

    What do the rest of ya'll think? I remember there being something very similar in the zealot playtest that was dropped for some reason. I just hate the fact that you are a healer but can't raise the dead lol. I would like to play this and just be a straight up Zealot 1-20
    Can't see it or access it. Guessing they simply dropped the concept after making the Medic class. The Medic Class is a DSP class focused on using maneuvers and healing, including even raise dead at higher level. On top of it, the class is excellent but not recommended in gritty games/settings.
    Last edited by Left Hand; 2019-11-23 at 11:46 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    angelpalm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Yeah I was actually going to make a medic/malefex but then I remembered I had this lol.

    I fixed the link....but you remember what I was talking about right? So I am not tripping?

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    Yeah I was actually going to make a medic/malefex but then I remembered I had this lol.

    I fixed the link....but you remember what I was talking about right? So I am not tripping?
    Somewhat but it was a long time ago to say the least. Medic came out in early 2017, playtest for it, was at least a year before that. So this zealot concept probably got dropped pretty quickly.

    But anyway, yeah sure.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    angelpalm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post
    Somewhat but it was a long time ago to say the least. Medic came out in early 2017, playtest for it, was at least a year before that. So this zealot concept probably got dropped pretty quickly.

    But anyway, yeah sure.
    When did the zealot come out? It was with the second path of war book right?

    edit: I know I aint that crazy but I am sure zealot came before medic
    Last edited by angelpalm; 2019-11-23 at 12:15 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    When did the zealot come out? It was with the second path of war book right?

    edit: I know I aint that crazy but I am sure zealot came before medic
    Yeah zealot came out way earlier than medic of course. I was saying that they used what they learned from their previous experiences to make the Medic class. A mobile healing fighter with enough freedom in the fluff to be whatever.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF1] The Tower of Jewels: Reclamation

    Based on the skills and labor required, and the socioeconomic status of bee ownership, I'd say that swarm of bees - a completely mundane swarm of bees - probably costs about the same as a cow. Maybe a horse. Certainly much less than a warhorse.
    Semper ludens.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •