The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 151
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    If our race has Low-Light vision, with your ruleset, does that mean a race with low-light vision can see three times as far as a human in conditions of dim light?

    EDIT: Are kobolds, goblins, and ogres present in your campaign, or can I change out for something that makes sense for your campaign?

    EDIT: I am thinking a neanderthal (unchained) barbarian/ oracle/ rage prophet of Heimisgaršr (Lunar, probably), but this character - being a savage - doesn't understand who or what that is.
    No, it means they're just on even footing now, thanks to so many generations with no sun.

    They do exist in various enclaves, though they've certain had a rough time of it.

    I'm sure he understands the concepts of home and cooking fire. Without getting into theology, knowing the Last God represents those things on a cosmic level should get some rudimentary concepts across.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[13]

    Oof. Thats not a good roll
    Last edited by Genth; 2019-11-20 at 11:27 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Nishai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In a house

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Spoiler: Inspiration image
    Show


    Alright I think I've settled on an idea. A bladebound magus whose black blade has been whispering for them to climb out of the depths. Not entirely sure of the race yet but I'm definitely leaning human. I guess the better question is do you want to play the intelligent weapon?

    EDIT: @henry the 57th: you say any race on the srd and the one that popped into my head due to my inspiration art is this, the Munavri my gut says this would be out of the question but I'm just gonna run it by you and see if we could nerf it to fit better into the game cause the theme fits pretty well. Something like stripping the spell resistance and knocking away some of the ability modifiers.
    Last edited by Nishai; 2019-11-20 at 11:39 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Henry the 57th, Moment of Clarity isn't a rage power for the unchained barbarian, but it's a requirement for the Rage Prophet PrC.

    Do I have to do the math-intensive, stat-jumping non-unchained version?
    Can I put Moment of Clarity in as an unchained barbarian rage power?
    Can I use a different, unchained barbarian rage power in its place instead?
    01/08/ 2020: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars (Groves, Jacobs, Taylor, 2014).
    11/30/ 2019: I have completed reading Lost Spheres Publishings' Akashic Realms, Vol. 1: Emperors & Einherjar (Sayres & Sowards 2019), and it is approved for playtesting, with the understanding that material in this book extrapolated as reprint from other sources that have not yet been vetted (or have been denied) are not allowed.
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note at this time.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    @henrythe57th I have two questions, the first is regarding your listing for starting wealth. What does that mean for starting magical items? Do we get normal access at character creation and then in gameplay they become super rare? Do magical items cost more at first level? If this was elaborated upon, I may have missed it.

    Also, I remember some mention of improving Darkvision due to being raised underground, but cannot seem to find it. It is not necessary for my character (already have 90 ft), and it may have been a different campaign, but somehow I remember stumbling upon it somewhere.

    Edit - Also, are Background Skills in effect?
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-11-21 at 12:36 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishai View Post
    Spoiler: Inspiration image
    Show


    Alright I think I've settled on an idea. A bladebound magus whose black blade has been whispering for them to climb out of the depths. Not entirely sure of the race yet but I'm definitely leaning human. I guess the better question is do you want to play the intelligent weapon?

    EDIT: @henry the 57th: you say any race on the srd and the one that popped into my head due to my inspiration art is this, the Munavri my gut says this would be out of the question but I'm just gonna run it by you and see if we could nerf it to fit better into the game cause the theme fits pretty well. Something like stripping the spell resistance and knocking away some of the ability modifiers.
    The theme fits pretty well, but those bonuses... yeah, that would definitely require a nerf before I let you use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Henry the 57th, Moment of Clarity isn't a rage power for the unchained barbarian, but it's a requirement for the Rage Prophet PrC.

    Do I have to do the math-intensive, stat-jumping non-unchained version?
    Can I put Moment of Clarity in as an unchained barbarian rage power?
    Can I use a different, unchained barbarian rage power in its place instead?
    You can put it in as unchained, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    @henrythe57th I have two questions, the first is regarding your listing for starting wealth. What does that mean for starting magical items? Do we get normal access at character creation and then in gameplay they become super rare? Do magical items cost more at first level? If this was elaborated upon, I may have missed it.

    Also, I remember some mention of improving Darkvision due to being raised underground, but cannot seem to find it. It is not necessary for my character (already have 90 ft), and it may have been a different campaign, but somehow I remember stumbling upon it somewhere.

    Edit - Also, are Background Skills in effect?
    You can have access during character creation, but in gameplay they will be very rare. You guys start out basically as well-equipped as your collective resources and those of your entire city will allow.

    Native Darkvision is improved by 60 ft, as stated in the 16.

    Background skills are not in effect.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    @Henry the 57th

    Tinkering with build specifics, and hit a question for how I spend gold.

    Where do you fall on how the Bashing enchantment (+2 Size for Damage) and shield spikes (+1 Size for Damage, separate weapon listing to a normal shield, with damage keyed off shield base) interact, if at all?

    From my research, RaW and designer intent are both murky... As is whether shield spikes can be enchanted separately, or if they allow a shield to be improved with magic weapon special abilities.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Nishai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    In a house

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    What comes to mind as a more in line race would be remove spell resistance (I personally always see that as an issue on drow and svirfniblen) then make the stats -2 str, +2 dex, and +2 int or wisdom. That last one feels more in the air, but telepathy says to me a strong mind. Do you have any other ideas?

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Hosa's HPs...

    Spoiler: Rolling HPs
    Show
    Barbarian 1 = 12
    Barbarian 2 = (1d12)[3]

    Oracle 1 = (1d8)[7]
    Oracle 2 = (1d8)[6]
    Oracle 3 = (1d8)[6]
    Oracle 4 = (1d8)[6]

    Rage Prophet 1 = (1d10)[4]
    01/08/ 2020: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars (Groves, Jacobs, Taylor, 2014).
    11/30/ 2019: I have completed reading Lost Spheres Publishings' Akashic Realms, Vol. 1: Emperors & Einherjar (Sayres & Sowards 2019), and it is approved for playtesting, with the understanding that material in this book extrapolated as reprint from other sources that have not yet been vetted (or have been denied) are not allowed.
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note at this time.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    The chassis is mostly done, will add story later. Let me know if anything stands out or needs to be changed. The Vest of Endure Elements is in case we come across any geothermal hot spots, as she has a reduced capacity to acclimate to it (though not vulnerability yet).

    HP Rolls (all FCB's are going to HP)
    Level 1 14 (assuming max at first level as per default rules, let me know if I need to roll it instead)
    Level 2 (1d10+4)[14]
    Level 3 (1d10+4)[14]
    Level 4 (1d10+4)[12]
    Level 5 (1d10+4)[11]
    Level 6 (1d10+4)[12]
    Level 7 (1d10+4)[12]

    In the event any roll natural 1, set of rerolls
    (1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[13]
    (1d10+4)[10]
    (1d10+4)[14]
    (1d10+4)[8]

    Edit - Well damn, those are amazing rolls
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-11-21 at 02:56 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Since there is more interest on the mesmerist Im going back to my original kineticist idea.


    Are evil archetypes allowed?

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Planning a URogue/Shadowdancer, a veteran guerrilla of the city's standing forces, mostly relegated to search and rescue missions these days as threats from outside had been seeming to fall off.

    Question, though: if I play a Human and he gets his Darkvision from the Shadowdancer class, does that count as "native" and have its range doubled, or is it just the 60 foot range?

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Might join in on this. For now...

    Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    Living right smack center of all the Power Safety Shut Offs in California. Still can make posts just might be slow from time to time.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    May as well roll.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[11]


    Edit: I’m almost impressed. Going for the point buy.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-11-21 at 10:03 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    I think I might angle for a divine class for this... Query however.

    For magic items that cater to a certain God can we switch said God to the one available to this setting within reason? From another app I started coming across a lot of interesting goodies.
    Living right smack center of all the Power Safety Shut Offs in California. Still can make posts just might be slow from time to time.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Alright, everything should be finished in terms of my character. If you want me to elaborate or change something that does not fit, let me know. Also, I apologize I advance to any typos I make, circumstances limit me to using my phone for all foreseeable posts.

    Name: Eilfa Frieren
    Race: Jotunblut Goliath (Humanoid (Giant))
    Class(es) and Level(s): Brawler 7

    Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Decades ago, a man named Dren was on patrol with a group in the tunnels leading to and from Vaun. Suddenly, there was a very unexpected cave-in, which blocked the path and separated Dren from the group and actually boxed Dren in-between two piles of rock. It also exposed Dren's side of the tunnel to the frozen surface above. He tried as best he could to move the rocks, but they would not budge. So, he decided to climb to the surface to see if he could find another path down.

    Dren underestimated just how cold the surface had become and quickly started to succumb to the exposure. Fortunately for him, a female frost giant was nearby and able to bring him to warmth. Her name was Brigid, and she was beautiful despite having significant burn scars along the left side of her body.

    Brigid was on the run, apparently having failed her people in some unknown way, and they were hunting her. She had been seeking refuge in a nearby cave, while the weight of her stride and the water that had slowly seeped into ground freezing compromised the integrity and caused the cave-in.

    Despite having now need for the warmth, Brigid still knew how to build a fire and helped Dren slowly recover. It was her hope that he might convince his village to admit her entrance. Considering her kindness, he agreed. Still, it took Dren longer than expected to recover from his exposure and he ended up spending a few days with Brigid, during which time they grew closer and one thing led to another.

    Unfortunately, they had remained stationary for too long and members of Brigid's tribe caught up to her. They killed Dren and set chase against Brigid. She ran as fast as she could, sad she could not save Dren. Brigid soon began to notice she was gravid. She did not want her child to suffer at the hands of her tribe, so she decided to give her to her father's village. After giving birth, she left the child in a tunnel close to Vaun where her daughter was quickly discovered. Unfortunately, the strain of being on the run for so long and the stress of childbirth was too much for Brigid and she died only a few feet outside the tunnel.

    Eilfa was initially sent to be raised with other children who were orphaned. Due to her appearance, she was given the surname "Frieren," meaning frozen. However, her rather obvious giant lineage was met with fear by the adults and scorn by the other children. Despite literally being twice their size, the other orphans would mock and bully her, often resulting in Eilfa running away to sob in privacy. Some of the meaner children tricked young Eilfa into getting too close to one of the fires used for cooking and she was burned, affecting her much more deeply due to her mother's genetics.

    This effected her outlook as well, feeling outcast. She became shut off and tended to express this anger violently as she got older. Knowing that if she got out of hand, her status as pariah would most likely result in her being banished to the surface, she sought a more productive venue. Despite still being a young adolescent, she sought to aid the patrols in the tunnels, hoping to stem some of her resentment in finding something to kill. While initially the other citizens in Vaun were hesitant to let someone who was effectively a child join such a group due to the possibility of becoming a potential liability, Eilfa's raw physicality eventually caused them to acquiesce to her request.

    Eilfa became especially talented in this new role. Her strength was on par with many of the veterans in their prime and she was particularly talented at removing rubble caused by cave-ins as well as rescuing any who found themselves unable to move due to the severe cold. As for the beasts she slew on such patrols, she knew the village would not give her much in terms of weaponry due to their xenophobic distrust, Eilfa became quite effective using her bare hands. As a result she discovered that her skin had a particular knack for rapidly freezing water. She used this to develop frozen spikes along her fists which could penetrate the flesh of whatever she was fighting much more easily, causing massive hemorrhaging after just a few strikes.

    Eventually, Eilfa was able to win some trust with the village and they finally began providing her with personal provisions to help her on her patrols. It was a slow climb and it took a lot of struggling, but Eilfa has begun to find acceptance.

    Spoiler: Physical Description
    Show
    Eilfa towers over the other villagers with a lean and slightly understated strength. Her skin is a stark white, which is contrasted heavily by her dark blue hair. She usually keeps her hair ties up, but on the occasion that she does not, it falls down to about waist length. She is not unattractive so much as she still has internalized resentment towards the villagers she grew up amongst which can make her seem distant at times.

    Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Eilfa is known for being extremely direct with people, due to how she was treated growing up. Rather than shrink away, she realized her strength made very few a physical threat. Still, she has good intentions and does truly want to help others, even if she does clash with her peers.


    Edit - Noticed an amusing and completely unintentional pun. I used a random name generator for her first name. Given that she is a giant, she's the Eilfa Tower (Eiffel Tower).
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-11-21 at 11:13 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by Emdrazi View Post
    @Henry the 57th

    Tinkering with build specifics, and hit a question for how I spend gold.

    Where do you fall on how the Bashing enchantment (+2 Size for Damage) and shield spikes (+1 Size for Damage, separate weapon listing to a normal shield, with damage keyed off shield base) interact, if at all?

    From my research, RaW and designer intent are both murky... As is whether shield spikes can be enchanted separately, or if they allow a shield to be improved with magic weapon special abilities.
    I would say that whichever is higher would apply, not both of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishai View Post
    What comes to mind as a more in line race would be remove spell resistance (I personally always see that as an issue on drow and svirfniblen) then make the stats -2 str, +2 dex, and +2 int or wisdom. That last one feels more in the air, but telepathy says to me a strong mind. Do you have any other ideas?
    I would say -2 str, +2 wis, +2 int and no spell resistance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Since there is more interest on the mesmerist Im going back to my original kineticist idea.


    Are evil archetypes allowed?
    Yes, such archetypes are allowed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Planning a URogue/Shadowdancer, a veteran guerrilla of the city's standing forces, mostly relegated to search and rescue missions these days as threats from outside had been seeming to fall off.

    Question, though: if I play a Human and he gets his Darkvision from the Shadowdancer class, does that count as "native" and have its range doubled, or is it just the 60 foot range?
    No, it does not count as native and it just has the 60 foot range, since it is acquired rather than innate.

    Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    I think I might angle for a divine class for this... Query however.

    For magic items that cater to a certain God can we switch said God to the one available to this setting within reason? From another app I started coming across a lot of interesting goodies.
    Depends. What did you have in mind?
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Xanyo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Q1: Pre-game crafting (in particular Scribe Scroll, but also other items), yea or nay?

    Q2: How powerful are we, at level 7, relative to other people?

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6)[4], (1d6)[4], (1d6)[1], (1d6)[2], (1d6)[6], (1d6)[2]

    Rerolls of 1s, if applicable, in order: (1d6)[2], (1d6)[3], (1d6)[6]
    INTP-A.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

    Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
    Q1: Pre-game crafting (in particular Scribe Scroll, but also other items), yea or nay?
    Earlier DM mentioned that characters can have crafted one item.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Hosa of the Hoary Moon is here. It is private, with permissions shared to the GM.

    EDIT: Can I take a rank in Craft (Survival Gear)? Basically, it is nothing that can be resold, but she can fashion basic weapons and tools out of stone, bone, hide, and horn.

    EDIT: Also, a rank in Profession (Fortune-Teller) for very basic fortune-telling such as reading tea leaves, palms, and the like. Not anything game-revealing, but for fleshing out background.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2019-11-21 at 03:03 PM.
    01/08/ 2020: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars (Groves, Jacobs, Taylor, 2014).
    11/30/ 2019: I have completed reading Lost Spheres Publishings' Akashic Realms, Vol. 1: Emperors & Einherjar (Sayres & Sowards 2019), and it is approved for playtesting, with the understanding that material in this book extrapolated as reprint from other sources that have not yet been vetted (or have been denied) are not allowed.
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note at this time.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by Emdrazi View Post
    @Henry the 57th

    Tinkering with build specifics, and hit a question for how I spend gold.

    Where do you fall on how the Bashing enchantment (+2 Size for Damage) and shield spikes (+1 Size for Damage, separate weapon listing to a normal shield, with damage keyed off shield base) interact, if at all?

    From my research, RaW and designer intent are both murky... As is whether shield spikes can be enchanted separately, or if they allow a shield to be improved with magic weapon special abilities.
    To follow up the DM I'm 99% certain that shield spikes are not meant to stack with bashing. Otherwise it wouldn't specify light and heavy shields only given that we have stuff like the dwarven war shield. I've looked into this before myself as I love shield builds but i don't have the rules links handy due to phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Depends. What did you have in mind?
    I'd have to take a look to see if I find something fitting but here's one I recall offhand just to serve as an example.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...or-s-gauntlet/
    I might consider taking a diety centric item even if keyed to a different god than the one currently active anyway. I have one idea of someone searching for what happened to the gods and hoping that they can find at least a fraction of them and the item been handed down.


    All that said I might consider going fighter instead of a divine class... I had a particular idea pop up and since no other gods are answering they would probably have ended up a fighter than a pally or war priest. I'll need to poke at potential builds after work. They'll be a smith but skill point are always difficult for a fighter...
    Living right smack center of all the Power Safety Shut Offs in California. Still can make posts just might be slow from time to time.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Am I to assume that Improved Grapple is separate from both Powerful and Deft Maneuvers? It is not listed in either one. Or would it be covered by Powerful Maneuvers?

    Also, I suspect for Deft Maneuvers, it would still allow me to use Strength for my CMB, correct? It simply allows use of Dexterity instead (it seemed to base it on Finesse Weapons, which Unarmed Strike is, but I assume use Strength to hit is still available).

    Finally, would I still use the flurry listed under the standard Brawler for attack penalties (treating it as a Two-Weapon fighting progression)? Or would I use the Unchained Monk's progression in which there is no penalty to attack rolls when using a flurry? I assumed the former, but let me know if I can use the other.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-11-21 at 11:37 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Almost donezo with my Char!

    Hp rolls for me!

    (7d10)[4][1][6][3][2][2][4](22)

    HP rolls for my Zambie Cat

    (12d8)[2][1][7][6][4][5][4][8][5][5][8][8](63)

    EDIT: I am...utterly squishy. Good thing my cats semi decent
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2019-11-21 at 05:16 PM.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Rerolling 1s, Sorry for the double post!

    (1d10)[1]
    (1d10)[9]
    (1d10)[9]
    (3 incase the first two roll 1s)

    (1d8)[2]
    (1d8)[5]
    (1d8)[3]
    (Same Here)

    If someone could check mechanics for my sheet, you'd have my thanks. I think I did it proper, but you never know eh?
    Necro

    Right now i'm thinking that he comes from a group of necromancers who work to raise the manual labor for the city. Undead don't need food or anything and if they get injured while fighting to protect the city, who cares? Opinions?
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2019-11-21 at 06:03 PM.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Okay, the nuts and bolts for Hosa of the Hoary Moon is complete. I have to do the backstory and build her primal companion.

    I don't know if I have time to do much more on those items until late Sunday. I am dealing with family (and my mother's funeral tomorrow), so there we are.

    The basics on backstory that I will flesh out...
    Warrior-Women of Some Potential

    Married young (to our culture, she was 14, and that is normal for hers).

    Exploring with Hunting Group was Disastrous. Her husband was cursed with an ancient polymorph .... and that is her animal companion! She was crippled. She hides the fact that her "pet" is actually her cursed beloved.

    She has two children, one of whom was conceived just before the ill-fated expedition, so child was born nearly a year after husband's supposed "death." Because it was a longer-term pregnancy than normal, and she appropriately observed the mourning period (i.e. rebuffed all consoling, would-be suitors), she was seen as frigid, so there was slanderous talk that her younger child was not her husband's. And so the term "hoary" was applied as an insult (with expected phonic implication), but she took it on as a mark of honor.

    When the adventure begins, she will be that rare adventurer .... a single mother of two, not yet 21, who has their grandmother look after the kids while she (and secretly, daddy) go save the world.

    01/08/ 2020: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars (Groves, Jacobs, Taylor, 2014).
    11/30/ 2019: I have completed reading Lost Spheres Publishings' Akashic Realms, Vol. 1: Emperors & Einherjar (Sayres & Sowards 2019), and it is approved for playtesting, with the understanding that material in this book extrapolated as reprint from other sources that have not yet been vetted (or have been denied) are not allowed.
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    Nothing of note at this time.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Messed up with my Smilodon. More rolls!

    (4d8)[8][2][8][4](22)

    (Only need the first two, the rest is incase it rolls a 1)

    Edit: Here's his sheet done too!

    Will begin fluffing them up as soon as I get an Okay or a No on the necro group thing
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2019-11-21 at 06:52 PM.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    My post count is seemingly still to low to post actual links... || myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2063322 ||

    Fekti Tunnelstalker is mechanically complete, and I'm just working on a final spruce up of my fluff-notes, before writing out the fluff elements fully.
    Spoiler: Current rough background idea
    Show
    If appropriate, what my working notes have is that; people weren't exactly overjoyed to have hobgoblins joining Vaun, but their militaristic nature made them useful for keeping the borders guarded and patrolled.
    Fekti can be hard work, and a total ass, to people who he doesn't respect (mostly, those unable to fend for themselves). This earned him a lot more patrols than normal.
    Despite the inherent danger, Fekti made a name for himself over around 13-15 years, as someone who simply refused to die.

    Went from generally disliked to distrusted as he got older and more experienced, as some of Vaun's inhabitants questioned exactly How this one Hobgoblin was achieving what he was.
    Definitely not an archetypal hero, borderline cruel. Importantly however, good at surviving fights.




    Edit :- Also, planning for my own forgetfulness, I've tried to be as thorough as possible with my sources and notes, but i'll probably have missed something or made a mistake somewhere.
    So if anyone spots any glaring errors, please let me know.
    Last edited by Emdrazi; 2019-11-21 at 10:19 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Looking at how they adjusted Pummeling Style, well more specifically Pummeling Charge. Does this act like pounce then, albeit restricted to specific weapons (primarily unarmed)? I mean, I'm still a level shy of it, but I would be able to ping it with Martial Versatility when I am. In all fairness, Unchained Monks get access to a version of pounce at level 5 (via the flying kick style strike, not to mention no attack penalty for their flurry), so it is not the worst offender at least, the main difference is that they are restricted to a single move (but with higher base speed anyway), whereas Pummeling charge can, as the name suggests, be part of a charge action.

    I mean, still seems strong, but at least it fixes the issue with how it interacted with crits in the original version (launched a full attack as a single blow, combining damage, using multiple attack rolls to see how many damage dice it would combine. If any single attack was a crit, the whole thing was a critical hit. With 7 rolls and Improved Critical, crits came up a lot, allowing it to do around 300 damage or more, enough to one-shot a dragon). Swapping that for pounce actually seems reasonable in comparison.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-11-22 at 12:40 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
    Q1: Pre-game crafting (in particular Scribe Scroll, but also other items), yea or nay?

    Q2: How powerful are we, at level 7, relative to other people?

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

    Rerolls of 1s, if applicable, in order: [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]
    Yes, but one item only.

    Pretty powerful, that's why you're the second choice for this suicide mission.

    Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Hosa of the Hoary Moon is here. It is private, with permissions shared to the GM.

    EDIT: Can I take a rank in Craft (Survival Gear)? Basically, it is nothing that can be resold, but she can fashion basic weapons and tools out of stone, bone, hide, and horn.

    EDIT: Also, a rank in Profession (Fortune-Teller) for very basic fortune-telling such as reading tea leaves, palms, and the like. Not anything game-revealing, but for fleshing out background.
    Yes, you may take ranks in those two. Not as class skills, obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    To follow up the DM I'm 99% certain that shield spikes are not meant to stack with bashing. Otherwise it wouldn't specify light and heavy shields only given that we have stuff like the dwarven war shield. I've looked into this before myself as I love shield builds but i don't have the rules links handy due to phone.



    I'd have to take a look to see if I find something fitting but here's one I recall offhand just to serve as an example.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...or-s-gauntlet/
    I might consider taking a diety centric item even if keyed to a different god than the one currently active anyway. I have one idea of someone searching for what happened to the gods and hoping that they can find at least a fraction of them and the item been handed down.


    All that said I might consider going fighter instead of a divine class... I had a particular idea pop up and since no other gods are answering they would probably have ended up a fighter than a pally or war priest. I'll need to poke at potential builds after work. They'll be a smith but skill point are always difficult for a fighter...
    Yes, you could use that item if you wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Am I to assume that Improved Grapple is separate from both Powerful and Deft Maneuvers? It is not listed in either one. Or would it be covered by Powerful Maneuvers?

    Also, I suspect for Deft Maneuvers, it would still allow me to use Strength for my CMB, correct? It simply allows use of Dexterity instead (it seemed to base it on Finesse Weapons, which Unarmed Strike is, but I assume use Strength to hit is still available).

    Finally, would I still use the flurry listed under the standard Brawler for attack penalties (treating it as a Two-Weapon fighting progression)? Or would I use the Unchained Monk's progression in which there is no penalty to attack rolls when using a flurry? I assumed the former, but let me know if I can use the other.
    Powerful Maneuvers covers it for this campaign.

    Yes, it would still allow you to use Strength.

    Use the flurry listed under the standard Brawler, meaning you do take penalties.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Looking at how they adjusted Pummeling Style, well more specifically Pummeling Charge. Does this act like pounce then, albeit restricted to specific weapons (primarily unarmed)? I mean, I'm still a level shy of it, but I would be able to ping it with Martial Versatility when I am. In all fairness, Unchained Monks get access to a version of pounce at level 5 (via the flying kick style strike, not to mention no attack penalty for their flurry), so it is not the worst offender at least, the main difference is that they are restricted to a single move (but with higher base speed anyway), whereas Pummeling charge can, as the name suggests, be part of a charge action.

    I mean, still seems strong, but at least it fixes the issue with how it interacted with crits in the original version (launched a full attack as a single blow, combining damage, using multiple attack rolls to see how many damage dice it would combine. If any single attack was a crit, the whole thing was a critical hit. With 7 rolls and Improved Critical, crits came up a lot, allowing it to do around 300 damage or more, enough to one-shot a dragon). Swapping that for pounce actually seems reasonable in comparison.
    Yes, it does act like pounce.

    @All: Thank you for all the submissions! I'll be getting a table up to keep track of them soon.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: Sunless Skies, Endless Ice [Mid-Level Pathfinder]

    Putting WiP sheet here to show that I am still interested. Basic character concept is about a daring someone who is bored and restless because he can't showcase his talent due to peace and wants out to test his limits. He has another reason for going into the dark; to search for one of the previous disappeared heroes he admired and find out what happened to him.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-22 at 02:06 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •