Hit Dice: 1d8
    Hit Points at 1st Level: 8+Constitution Modifier
    Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (5)+Constitution Modifier

PROFICIENCIES
    Armor: Light Armor
    Weapons: Simple Weapons, Shortswords, and Hand Crossbows
    Tools: Thieve's Tools

Saving Throws: Dexterity and Intelligence
    Skills: Choose four from Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Perception, Performance, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth

EQUIPMENT
    You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
    -Any two weapons you are proficient in. If thrown, you get two additional copies. If it uses ammo, it comes with 20 pieces.
    -Leather Armor and two daggers.
    -Any one pack.
    -Thieve's tools.

Goblin Paragon
    Level Proficiency Bonus Features Sneak Attack
    1st +2 Expertise, Sneak Attack, Goblin Exclusive 1d6
    2nd +2 Goblin Mk II 1d6
    3rd +2 Archetype 1d6
    4th +2 Ability Score Improvement 2d6
    5th +3 Goblinier 2d6
    6th +3 Expertise 2d6
    7th +3 Evasion 3d6
    8th +3 Ability Score Improvement 3d6
    9th +4 Archetype Feature 3d6
    10th +4 Gobliniest 4d6
    11th +4 Reliable Talent 4d6
    12th +4 Ability Score Improvement 4d6
    13th +5 Archetype Feature 5d6
    14th +5 Expertise 5d6
    15th +5 Goblinimax 5d6
    16th +5 Ability Score Improvement 6d6
    17th +6 Archetype Feature 6d6
    18th +6 Elusive 6d6
    19th +6 Ability Score Improvement 7d6
    20th +6 Goblinmost 7d6

Expertise
    Choose any two skills or tools you have proficiency in. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for them. Pick two again at levels six and fourteen.

Sneak Attack
    As a Rogue, but scales slower. 1d6 per three levels, rounding up.

Goblin Exclusive
    This class is only available to goblins.

Goblin Mk II
    Your goblinoid abilities are improved at level two. Your Darkvision extends to 90', and your Fury Of The Small can now be used on any creature.

Archetype
    Choose whether to be a Goblin Bombardier or Cutthroat.

Ability Score Improvement
    Usual levels, usual deal.

Goblinier
    You are a true goblin, a goblin among goblins! Your Darkvision improves to 120', your Nimble Escape now allows you to Dash, and your Fury Of The Small is now usable twice between rests.

Evasion
    When subject to a Dexterity saving throw for half damage, you take no damage on a success, and half on a failure.

Gobliniest
    You're the most gobliny goblin to ever goblin! Your Darkvision improves to 150', your Fury Of The Small is usable three times between rests, and your land speed improves by 5'.

Reliable Talent
    Whenever you make an ability check that adds your entire proficiency bonus or more, replace any results of less than 10 with 10.

Goblinimax
    Super goblin! Your Darkvision improves to 180', your land speed improves by another 5', and you can, once per short rest, Dodge with Nimble Escape.

Elusive
    Enemies cannot gain advantage on attacks against you.

Goblinmost
    The ultimate goblin! Your Darkvision improves to 210', your land speed improves by another 10', and you can now Dodge with Nimble Escape twice between rests.

Bombardier

Bombs! Bombs! Bombs!
    At level three, you can improvise explosives out of seemingly nothing. You can, as an action, chuck one out to 30' (or 60', but then any saves it provokes are made with advantage). All creatures within 5' of the impact point must make a Dexterity save against a DC of 8+your Proficiency modifier+your Intelligence modifier, taking your Sneak Attack damage in fire and bludgeoning on a failed save, or half on a success.

Newer And Shinier Bombs!
    At level nine, your bombs count as magical for the purposes of overcoming resistance and immunity. You may also choose to have your bombs deal cold or lightning damage.

Toxic Bombs!
    At level thirteen, your bombs can deal acid damage. In addition, you can halve the damage dealt to change the save to a Constitution save that also inflicts the poisoned condition until the end of your next turn on a failed save.

Bigger Booms!
    At level seventeen, your bombs can have a radius of up to 15', chosen when you throw it.

Cutthroat

Hit Hard
    At level three, your Sneak Attack dice improve to d8s.

Hit Fast
    At level nine, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity for moving on your turn against a creature you attacked that turn.

Kill Fast
    At level thirteen, you may make an additional attack as part of the same action when your attack kills a creature.

Kill Good
    At level seventeen, your Kill Fast attacks now all gain Sneak Attack damage, provided the initial attack had it and you do not make your attack with disadvantage.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Goblin Paragon

How does the "fire and bludgeoning" damage part of Bombs! Bombs! Bombs! work? I ask because in my own stuff I've been told 5e doesn't really have a way of handling individual damage dice having more than one damage type.

Why doesn't Toxic Bombs! allow the option of Poison damage? (I understand why it's not only the option of poison damage, given how many things resist/are immune to poison damage. But it would be weird for it to not be an option against something that was immune to acid but not poison.)

Hit Fast seems a little underwhelming since the class's race restriction guarantees you can already Disengage as a bonus action. Unless monster features that can take opportunity attacks against creatures that are Disengaging is a lot more common than I realize. I might suggest as an alternative being able to use Nimble Escape to make a check to escape a grapple.
    Edit: Or is the idea here that you'd be probably using your Bonus action for two weapon fighting attacks? If that's the aim then it makes sense as is.
    Edit 2: Though a choice between the two would make it less build style restrictive. *shrug*
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-11-20 at 05:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

This looks cool! Really thematic, and seems like it'd be fun to play.
    I think Goblinimax and Goblinmost could stand to be a bit stronger to be honest, and maybe a ribbon or two throughout progression. Personally I think getting to count as a size larger like Goliath would be pretty cool.
    Honestly other than that I'd just say it could do with some sort of shaman subclass (counterpart to Eldritch Knight/Arcane Trickster) and maybe a "heavy-hitter" subclass (maybe with extra attack?) to round things out.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    How does the "fire and bludgeoning" damage part of Bombs! Bombs! Bombs! work? I ask because in my own stuff I've been told 5e doesn't really have a way of handling individual damage dice having more than one damage type.

Maybe a wording like Meteor Strike should be better.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Goblins are always awesome!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I'm not sure what should be done to achieve this, but I feel like this class should get some of the more interesting boosts at lower levels. In the 1-9 range (commonly agreed to be the most common levels of play), this basically plays like a rogue, with only the following differences.

1. You get Darkvision boosts (the only significant advantage over an equal level goblin rogue, from what I can tell)
    2. You don't get dash as a bonus action until level 5
    3. You don't get uncanny dodge
    4. You get less expertise, and you get it later.
    5. You don't learn thieves' can't, not that this matters at all.
    6. Your sneak attack progresses slower.
    7. For your subclasses, you can choose between a weak AOE option and almost keeping up with the rogue in sneak attack damage, eventually becoming a knockoff swashbuckler.

So, in the level 1-9 range, it's almost exactly the same as a rogue, except where it's worse. Perhaps adding in some of the more interesting goblin features could help differentiate it a bit. The goblin bosses' ability to make teammates take attacks instead would certainly be an interesting option as a replacement for uncanny dodge.
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2019-11-23 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    I'm not sure what should be done to achieve this, but I feel like this class should get some of the more interesting boosts at lower levels. In the 1-9 range (commonly agreed to be the most common levels of play), this basically plays like a rogue, with only the following differences.

1. You get Darkvision boosts (the only significant advantage over an equal level goblin rogue, from what I can tell)
    2. You don't get dash as a bonus action until level 5
    3. You don't get uncanny dodge
    4. You get less expertise, and you get it later.
    5. You don't learn thieves' can't, not that this matters at all.
    6. Your sneak attack progresses slower.
    7. For your subclasses, you can choose between a weak AOE option and almost keeping up with the rogue in sneak attack damage, eventually becoming a knockoff swashbuckler.

So, in the level 1-9 range, it's almost exactly the same as a rogue, except where it's worse. Perhaps adding in some of the more interesting goblin features could help differentiate it a bit. The goblin bosses' ability to make teammates take attacks instead would certainly be an interesting option as a replacement for uncanny dodge.
    You make some pretty good points actually. How about:
    Goblinier - Darkvision to 120ft, Fury of the small (proficiency times per rest), Nimble Escape allows a willing adjacent ally to take half damage of your hit, or you can take half damage for an adjacent ally.
    Gobliniest - Darkvision to 150ft, basic version of Fury of the Small always applies to your attacks (like Improved Smite), blindsense 30ft.
    Goblinimax - Darkvision upgraded to deal with magical darkness, Dodge with Nimble Escape, you can use your Fury of the Small to gain advantage on your attack.
    Goblinmost - gain advantage on perception checks, Fury of the Small adds an additional damage die, regain half your uses of Fury of the Small on rolling initiative.
    Levels 7, 10, 13, 18 gain 5 ft move speed.