New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frozen 2

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Frozen 2

Tonight I went to see the movie Frozen 2 and I'm going to tell you my thoughts about the movie.

Spoiler: My Thought on Frozen 2
    Show
    So anyway I saw Frozen 2. I saw the first Frozen movie and it was great. Frozen 2 is about Elsa and her sister Anna go on an adventure outside their kingdom along with their friends Kristoff, Olaf and Sven. It's about the elemental spirits and a group of magical race bring together with their kingdom. There was so much original song and comedy in this movie. I even laugh on Olaf charade jokes as well as Kristoff and Sven singing together. It was a very chate movie and it's Oscar-worthy. I'll give this movie 5 out of 5 stars.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Frozen 2

As good as the first one?

Asking because I have nieces!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    As good as the first one?

Asking because I have nieces!
    Yes. It's good as the first one.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I loved it, though it is not without weaknesses. It skews heavily towards the fact that it IS a sequel in more than one way - it has a built-in assumption (in so many words in song form, no less) that its audience is older than they were when they saw the first movie, and it expects that the audience is both invested in and will enjoy references to the first story.

It leans both more serious and more goofy than the first movie. These aren't spoilers per se, but just for safety's sake:
    Spoiler: style/tone/theme of two different songs
    Show
    there's an 80s-style power ballad love song shot like a music video on the one hand, and a song about how to move forward when everything seems so grim you can't see any hope for the future on the other.

But if you have an audience that FITS the expectation - slightly older kids who loved the first one, that want a story that leans even heavier than the first into questions about growing up and figuring out who you are and what you want to be - I expect it will go over like gangbusters.

It does struggle a bit against itself sometimes, both tonewise (jumps from comedic to dramatic sometimes a bit jarring) and in content. Gonna go a lot deeper in spoilers here, seriously, open this only if you want significant plot spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't decide if I was frustrated that Show Yourself wasn't used as the spot-on discovering your truth in a non-straight/het relationship that its first half so clearly wants to be or if I absolutely loved that its back half was a message about realizing that Elsa was her own answer, that she had been trying to find herself all along.

And the reveal/solution to the central mystery felt both telegraphed and rushed at the same time, which was a neat trick, but it might not be so clear to kids who aren't as familiar with that kind of story arc.

So to loop back to the beginning: it's not perfect, but it's a worthy followup and people who liked the first and wanted to see more about the characters will probably enjoy this too.

Disclaimer: I am an absolute sucker for stories revolving around familial love, so I am dead in the sights of both these movies. Also I just saw it last night so the shine has not worn off.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: In short: I didnt like it at all! (No spoilers though)
    Show

Ok, I know Im a minority here but both my GF and me didn't like the movie. I ws a fan of the first but this one let me down a lot.

None of the song were catchy for me. All forgettable.

Also, Kristoff song made want to go take a bathroom break. It was cringy and annoying.

The story itself has MAJOR flaws once you start to question it. And some of the elements was so obvious that both me and my GF made us roll their eyes.

No new human character that is likeable too, except maybe for one black guy. Only the new critters and creatures made me somewhat invested.

There was NO surprise within the movie either.

NOW... the movie isnt without qualities either: the visuals is very good. Nice background. Some new critters are nice, Olaf was still funny in this one so I have to give him that. I am glad they went into the magical side of this world of them and that we got some explinations about it. It was nice to see more background of old character too. Some of Elsa feeling and reaction were somewhat touching, I liked seeing them as kid again.

=========

The kids will love this movie and the true fans will probably forgive its weaknesses. I suppose I am only a casual fan of Frozen. And to be honest, the sound in my cinema wasnt great. I might have to try to relisten the movie? I dont know... even liking some of the songs wouldnt have solve the plot problems...

I really wish their was ONE song as good as Let it Go inside the movie but that was too much to expect.

I wish there was new characters that I would have like too or some drama that wasnt obvious to me or that they managed to made me care about it.

But... I know Im ALSO a minority here, same with my GF. We simply werent as invested as other fans I guess?

Spoiler: IN THIS BOX, there will be spoilers
    Show
    One of the reason I strongly dislike the movie is that Elsa and Anna parents did the same mistake as Anna in the first movie: love at first sight and abandonning common sense to be with that person.

She gave her her family, her home and left it to save their dad from the escalating conflict. Sure she could have being against killing somebody or she could have be soft-heartened. I get it. But why fleeing with him?.

I loved the common sense approach about love in the first movie and it wasnt reflected AT ALL in the second one. Sure, Kristoff proposed to Anna but I didnt see any real chimestry? I mean not as strong as Anna and her sister.

Would have being nice to see some of their develloppement on that regard. For exemple, maybe Anna hired Kristoff inside the castle and gave him a job? Not like he had one after Elsa was there able to give ice for free. Maybe their is hint that he was uneasy being ordered around by the woman he love or that other servants are a bit jealous of his sudden promotion?

I know they tried to cram too much into a single movie, I get it. But insteads of focusing on Olaf and making him funny again, why not having more time in the preparation before the adventure of themovie. SHow how the characters we love have grown. Olaf own growth was good though but why only him? It was cute to see that Elsa isnt good at charades though but I found that minor compared to what could have being better character develloppement, like new interests and such. I mean, shes no longer cloistered inside a castle, maybe she love skiing, going outside, hiking?

Personnaly, to fix this movie, I would have:

1- Give more time to the other characters exept Olaf.

2- Focus on how Elsa love her sister but feel... smothered by her. Although Anna learned that she didnt need a man to be happy, it doesnt mean that she has other friends either. They are royalty, friends arent easy to have.

3- The moral of the story would be that no matter the distance or if your loved one need times for themselves, its ok. Anna ould have learn to "let her sister go" and growth. Trust her and devellop activities on her own, even if married with Kristoff. To not be as needy as before.

4- Make ONE song that would be catchy, easy to sing. Im not even asking " Let it Go " good but how about " Hakuna Matata " or " You're Welcome ", " Shiny " or something?

5- Remove the dam, replace it by something else. Its a useless plot device made for Elsa to OBVIOUSLY save the day with in the climax. It wasnt needed. And if it was useless for them and a danger for Arendel to be build, it wouldnt have being builded to begin with.

6- Instead of making the forzen river being seperated by a dark see, how about making it a delta that Elsa and Edna parents tried to go from the sea ? It could have being a cold labyrinth with forzen people on it. The Kelpie (water horse) could have guiode Elsa throught that labyrith instead of crossing the sea.

7- For the dam replacement, the conflict could be simply about two different ways of living. The people of the hidden forest were nomad in nature, with no big city. What could have being given by Arendel were... farm tools, technology for makinglasting homes. Imagine what we did to the Amerindians in inspiration. I was thinking that the remnants of the soldiers of Arendel inside the forest should have devellop their own village inside of the forrest. With barricade and everything. Only by destroying the village is the curse lifted by destroying the village cannonpowder, making a huge explosion that anger then earth spirit and make mountain around Arendel fall in the fior and could have destroyed the village around Arendel castle. Elsa can still arrive and save the day or whatever by protecting Arrendel habitant and home from the rockslide.

8- That might be me but less songs, more character develloppements. I didnt come to see a musical, I came to see a appealing story.

And those are simple ideas that came up from the top of my head...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Head's up, there is a post-credits scene, if anyone is wondering.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Head's up, there is a post-credits scene, if anyone is wondering.
    Didn't seeing it. Was just glad it was over with. Left immediatly after the ending

But thanks for the warning!
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-11-27 at 05:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

General thoughts: good, worth watching, but not as good as the first.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

I will watch it on the big screen this weekend since Frozen is my little girl's favorite Disney movie.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Spoiler: In short: I didnt like it at all! (No spoilers though)
    Show

Ok, I know Im a minority here but both my GF and me didn't like the movie. I ws a fan of the first but this one let me down a lot.

None of the song were catchy for me. All forgettable.

Also, Kristoff song made want to go take a bathroom break. It was cringy and annoying.

The story itself has MAJOR flaws once you start to question it. And some of the elements was so obvious that both me and my GF made us roll their eyes.

No new human character that is likeable too, except maybe for one black guy. Only the new critters and creatures made me somewhat invested.

There was NO surprise within the movie either.

NOW... the movie isnt without qualities either: the visuals is very good. Nice background. Some new critters are nice, Olaf was still funny in this one so I have to give him that. I am glad they went into the magical side of this world of them and that we got some explinations about it. It was nice to see more background of old character too. Some of Elsa feeling and reaction were somewhat touching, I liked seeing them as kid again.

=========

The kids will love this movie and the true fans will probably forgive its weaknesses. I suppose I am only a casual fan of Frozen. And to be honest, the sound in my cinema wasnt great. I might have to try to relisten the movie? I dont know... even liking some of the songs wouldnt have solve the plot problems...

I really wish their was ONE song as good as Let it Go inside the movie but that was too much to expect.

I wish there was new characters that I would have like too or some drama that wasnt obvious to me or that they managed to made me care about it.

But... I know Im ALSO a minority here, same with my GF. We simply werent as invested as other fans I guess?

Spoiler: IN THIS BOX, there will be spoilers
    Show
    One of the reason I strongly dislike the movie is that Elsa and Anna parents did the same mistake as Anna in the first movie: love at first sight and abandonning common sense to be with that person.

She gave her her family, her home and left it to save their dad from the escalating conflict. Sure she could have being against killing somebody or she could have be soft-heartened. I get it. But why fleeing with him?.

I loved the common sense approach about love in the first movie and it wasnt reflected AT ALL in the second one. Sure, Kristoff proposed to Anna but I didnt see any real chimestry? I mean not as strong as Anna and her sister.

Would have being nice to see some of their develloppement on that regard. For exemple, maybe Anna hired Kristoff inside the castle and gave him a job? Not like he had one after Elsa was there able to give ice for free. Maybe their is hint that he was uneasy being ordered around by the woman he love or that other servants are a bit jealous of his sudden promotion?

I know they tried to cram too much into a single movie, I get it. But insteads of focusing on Olaf and making him funny again, why not having more time in the preparation before the adventure of themovie. SHow how the characters we love have grown. Olaf own growth was good though but why only him? It was cute to see that Elsa isnt good at charades though but I found that minor compared to what could have being better character develloppement, like new interests and such. I mean, shes no longer cloistered inside a castle, maybe she love skiing, going outside, hiking?

Personnaly, to fix this movie, I would have:

1- Give more time to the other characters exept Olaf.

2- Focus on how Elsa love her sister but feel... smothered by her. Although Anna learned that she didnt need a man to be happy, it doesnt mean that she has other friends either. They are royalty, friends arent easy to have.

3- The moral of the story would be that no matter the distance or if your loved one need times for themselves, its ok. Anna ould have learn to "let her sister go" and growth. Trust her and devellop activities on her own, even if married with Kristoff. To not be as needy as before.

4- Make ONE song that would be catchy, easy to sing. Im not even asking " Let it Go " good but how about " Hakuna Matata " or " You're Welcome ", " Shiny " or something?

5- Remove the dam, replace it by something else. Its a useless plot device made for Elsa to OBVIOUSLY save the day with in the climax. It wasnt needed. And if it was useless for them and a danger for Arendel to be build, it wouldnt have being builded to begin with.

6- Instead of making the forzen river being seperated by a dark see, how about making it a delta that Elsa and Edna parents tried to go from the sea ? It could have being a cold labyrinth with forzen people on it. The Kelpie (water horse) could have guiode Elsa throught that labyrith instead of crossing the sea.

7- For the dam replacement, the conflict could be simply about two different ways of living. The people of the hidden forest were nomad in nature, with no big city. What could have being given by Arendel were... farm tools, technology for makinglasting homes. Imagine what we did to the Amerindians in inspiration. I was thinking that the remnants of the soldiers of Arendel inside the forest should have devellop their own village inside of the forrest. With barricade and everything. Only by destroying the village is the curse lifted by destroying the village cannonpowder, making a huge explosion that anger then earth spirit and make mountain around Arendel fall in the fior and could have destroyed the village around Arendel castle. Elsa can still arrive and save the day or whatever by protecting Arrendel habitant and home from the rockslide.

8- That might be me but less songs, more character develloppements. I didnt come to see a musical, I came to see a appealing story.

And those are simple ideas that came up from the top of my head...

Was the "New Black Guy" Frozone from the Incredibles? That would make for an interesting story "Frozone in Arendell". Haven't seen the movie yet. I can't really spoil anything. Seems to me however that a black guy in that time period and place would have had to travel an incredible distance to get there.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Arendelle is not a real place. It's fictional.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

PaladinGuy

I very much doubt it would be anywhere near Africa. If it were a real place, it seems based in Norway. Not saying its impossible.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Indeed. And its normal they put a black guy in there. Hollywood is trying its best to be "inclusive" after all. I wont get into politics but as a warning (forum rules), let's just not try be judgemental over the ethniticity of a character in a movie. We dont wanna get warnings.

Althought it would be funny if Frozone was here. I wonder what Elsa would think.

Frozone: I asked my wife where is my costume and people cant get over it! Sponsors keep harrassing me to put their logos on my costume!
    Elsa: I make a new dress made from my powers in every movies and Im a queen. I dont need sponsors.
    Frozone: Well that's lucky, good for you. Say, what do you do in your free-time?
    Elsa: Are you hitting on me? You are a married man!
    Frozone: Unhappily married. What, divorce dont exist in Arendel?
    Elsa: Careful, bad guys always get what they deserve in Disney?
    Frozone: Oh? What would I deserve then?
    Els: I think the angry woman behind you is your wife.
    Frozone: " FREEZE"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Indeed. And its normal they put a black guy in there. Hollywood is trying its best to be "inclusive" after all. I wont get into politics but as a warning (forum rules), let's just not try be judgemental over the ethniticity of a character in a movie. We dont wanna get warnings.

Althought it would be funny if Frozone was here. I wonder what Elsa would think.

Frozone: I asked my wife where is my costume and people cant get over it! Sponsors keep harrassing me to put their logos on my costume!
    Elsa: I make a new dress made from my powers in every movies and Im a queen. I dont need sponsors.
    Frozone: Well that's lucky, good for you. Say, what do you do in your free-time?
    Elsa: Are you hitting on me? You are a married man!
    Frozone: Unhappily married. What, divorce dont exist in Arendel?
    Elsa: Careful, bad guys always get what they deserve in Disney?
    Frozone: Oh? What would I deserve then?
    Els: I think the angry woman behind you is your wife.
    Frozone: " FREEZE"
    It would be nice if that black character had a good in-story reason for for being there other than for just inclusion and diversity. The best reason I than think of given the setting is that he is an escaped slave, he has taken refuge in Arendell because slavery is not legal. I'm assuming Elsa does not permit slavery in her kingdom.

So basically a slave trader pulled into the harbor and his slave jumped ship. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know, but the clothing does look 18th century and at that time slavery existed, but mostly not in Norway.
    Last edited by Tom Kalbfus; 2019-12-01 at 10:06 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tom Kalbfus, your lucky if you dont get a warniing from your last post lol

And second, Arendel is in a fantasy setting. Its not our reality and doest have our history either. Your way if thinking would be ifArendel existed in the past or if we had magic in our reality. So your ideas are way off the mark.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Tom Kalbfus, your lucky if you dont get a warniing from your last post lol

And second, Arendel is in a fantasy setting. Its not our reality and doest have our history either. Your way if thinking would be ifArendel existed in the past or if we had magic in our reality. So your ideas are way off the mark.
    There was a painting of Joan of Arc in the first movie, so it appears that Arendell is a fictional country on Earth, somewhere in Scandinavia.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    It would be nice if that black character had a good in-story reason for for being there other than for just inclusion and diversity. The best reason I than think of given the setting is that he is an escaped slave, he has taken refuge in Arendell because slavery is not legal. I'm assuming Elsa does not permit slavery in her kingdom.

So basically a slave trader pulled into the harbor and his slave jumped ship. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know, but the clothing does look 18th century and at that time slavery existed, but mostly not in Norway.
    So you're saying a black person cannot exist in a fictional land without plot relevant justification? And said justification must be tied into slavery somehow?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

So you're saying a black person cannot exist in a fictional land without plot relevant justification? And said justification must be tied into slavery somehow?
    Well it’s pretty directly 1840 Norway. In a society that has pretty clearly lasted long enough to evolve white skin. Black people then popping up wouldn’t happen. So they must come for a reason. Historically those reasons are: invasion, forced relocation, mass migration, trade, nobility going on expensive tours.

Of those, invasion is ridiculous, trade is possible, but incredibly unlikely there are much closer and better markets. Slavery is a bit more likely though it would require ignoring the actual Norway’s history on the matter (they did take part in the slave trade, but stopped after breaking from Denmark some time before the shows setting and did not allow slavery on Norwegian soil). But nobility going on expensive tours of various European powers is fairly common for this time period.

Mind you, such a person would be considered a court oddity. They wouldn’t just appear in the backwater somewhere, they’d be in court where they can dine with lords and get gawked at.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2019-12-01 at 07:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I am no historian, but I'm pretty sure 1840 Norway didn't have magic or trolls or elemental spirits. Ergo, this does not take place in 1840 Norway. It takes place in the fictional kingdom of Arendelle. And we don't really know anything about the setting, especially it's history. And we don't know a lot about Matthias, either. He came to Arendelle with his father when he was young (from where or what circumstances are never said), then climbed the ranks of the guard to eventually become general. That's all we know for sure.

Furthermore, he's hardly the only black person seen in Arendelle. There are a number in the background, as well. And none of them are being gawked at.
    Last edited by JadedDM; 2019-12-01 at 07:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

I am no historian, but I'm pretty sure 1840 Norway didn't have magic or trolls or elemental spirits. Ergo, this does not take place in 1840 Norway. It takes place in the fictional kingdom of Arendelle. And we don't really know anything about the setting, especially it's history. And we don't know a lot about Matthias, either. He came to Arendelle with his father when he was young (from where or what circumstances are never said), then climbed the ranks of the guard to eventually become general. That's all we know for sure.
    Trolls and elemental spirits don't really effect migratory patterns. World building rules remain unchanged.

However, ooh, foreign mercenaries. Yeah those are a thing too, and on an individualized level too so you wouldn't really need to explain why it's just one random guy. They went straight Othello here. Or Yasuke. Or Varangian Guard. Yeah, that one happens usually when the nobility in charge tends to move past the original violent roots of aristocracy and start looking outward for their muscle. From this description, Matthias seems ok by my book.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Actually not really, we see father reading a book by - using his words - "Some new Danish author" so Arendelle might not be a real place, it's placed in our world.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Scandinavians have been widely travelling seafaring people since before Norway was a discrete country. The idea of a black person being a ridiculous anomaly in the 1840s (the age of steam, no less, where travel from Africa to the North Sea would have been a matter of weeks, not months) is absolutely not in line with reality. That the plot (/'the camera') happens to involve the one black person rather than the one Spaniard or Greek in the same city (who would be of equal level of unusualness in said situation, and roughly the same amount of travel time from home) is clearly deliberate. As to explanations, unless the tropical fruit seen on a banquet table are also given brief explanation for how they got there, I would see it as being overly deliberate and a detraction. Why provide an explanation just for them (and not everything else, from fruit to fashion to the absence of privies or chamber pots or whale meat or other things they didn't want to explain to 4 year olds)?

Anyways, I generally agree that the movie was okay, with more strength to the visuals than the story and no runaway hit like 'Let it Go' (probably to the movie's detriment but every parents' benefit).
    Last edited by Willie the Duck; 2019-12-02 at 11:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Anyways, I generally agree that the movie was okay, with more strength to the visuals than the story and no runaway hit like 'Let it Go' (probably to the movie's detriment but every parents' benefit).
    I agree with this. However, the elements you mentionned that are lacking are what I enjoyed in the last movie. So this squel wasn't giving me what I was hoping for. Not even good character develloppement iif you ask me.

So yeah, I didn't like the movie myself but I can understand why people liked it. For exemple, I must admit I loved the little lizard though, he was adorable.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-12-02 at 02:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Overall enjoyed it, but found it way too predictable.

Spoiler
    Show

-Massive Dam, oh that's getting broken
    -"Surprise attack" by the north peoples, Pretty sure grandpa is evil and the one who started it
    -Dad rescued by mysterious north person, that's definitely mom.
    -Song about not going too deep, Elsa is totally going to do that.

Was also not thrilled that it basically copied the ending of Ralph Breaks the Internet and Toy Story 4. Starting to think Disney/Pixar can only tell one kind of story at this point.

Was amused at Olaf being snapped, Disney must've spent a lot of money making that effect to be reusing it, again.

The visuals were fantastic, and the music was decent. Olaf is great fun, and I quite enjoyed Kristoph's 80's rock number, even if it felt a bit out of place. Place it at a solid 3.5/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Scandinavians have been widely travelling seafaring people since before Norway was a discrete country. The idea of a black person being a ridiculous anomaly in the 1840s (the age of steam, no less, where travel from Africa to the North Sea would have been a matter of weeks, not months) is absolutely not in line with reality. That the plot (/'the camera') happens to involve the one black person rather than the one Spaniard or Greek in the same city (who would be of equal level of unusualness in said situation, and roughly the same amount of travel time from home) is clearly deliberate. As to explanations, unless the tropical fruit seen on a banquet table are also given brief explanation for how they got there, I would see it as being overly deliberate and a detraction. Why provide an explanation just for them (and not everything else, from fruit to fashion to the absence of privies or chamber pots or whale meat or other things they didn't want to explain to 4 year olds)?

1840? They had guns in the 1840s, why then in the first movie were crossbows and swords used?

I think an earlier time period was represented. Offhand the 1700s perhapd, similar to the show Outlander.

Did you ever see the television shoe Outlander? I remember in the first season in 18th century Scotland, everyone was white, by the second season, the action was in France and again everyone was white. By the third season the action moved to the Carribean, and there we saw some black people, in the 4th season the show moved to America, and American Indians played a significant role. The show basically transports you to a different time period where the rules of society are different. Europe of the 18th century was different from the Europe of the 21st century that we are all familiar with.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    1840? They had guns in the 1840s, why then in the first movie were crossbows and swords used?
    Good point. I saw that up above and didn't question it.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Good point. I saw that up above and didn't question it.
    Or its a Disney movie and it wouldnt use a gun against a a human being?

I can only remember Gaston using one against a flying goose. Notice how he only used a bow against the Beast however?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Or its a Disney movie and it wouldnt use a gun against a a human being?

I can only remember Gaston using one against a flying goose. Notice how he only used a bow against the Beast however?
    Pocahontas was a Disney Movie also, there were guns in that movie.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Interestingly, it was the costuming that costuming that convinced me that this was post-medieval, and there seems to be some support for that.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground

Based on there being photography that likely doesn't take days of exposure in the public, I'd estimate the film is placed around the mid 19th century or equivalent in-universe.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).