The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) Sic Semper Tyrannis [Magical Girl Themed Tyrant's Grasp]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati View Post
    Two questions, one thematic and one mechanical.

One, what are your opinions on Dhampir? I have some ideas for fighting against nature, but for obvious reasons I don't want to do it if you think it wouldn't be a good tonal fit.
    Two, are the physical bonuses considered permanent while in form? IE, is our HP adjusted and do the adjusted scores count for feat prerequisites?
    Dhampir are OK but beware of going too far into the emo side in a game about battling evil with your inner Light.

Physical adjustments from Henshin a Go-Go-ing are permanent-ish. Anything you only qualify for because of your costume, you only get in your costume. HP from con adjustments is essentially temp HP: lose it first. But unlike temp HP, you can heal it back.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) Sic Semper Tyrannis [Magical Girl Themed Tyrant's Grasp]

I'm thinking at the moment..

Ratfolk Witch (Stargazer) She wasn't the prettiest one at the country fair, but finding her inner light she shines brightly

Kitsune - Had lived her life mostly as a human. The Magical Girl comes with a realization that she was actually a fox the entire time. (Or perhaps she was a fox who became human?)

Paci-Fist - A self proclaimed pacifist, who tends to charge into combat. Doesn't seem to understand what pacifist actually means.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0gamer View Post
    Gauntlets come with armor, so you could use Shield Gauntlet Style as long as you had, you know, armor instead of an Aura.

I'd probably say use a stance for it.

Also, can't post the images for some reason, Imgur isn't letting me upload, but look up Yuki Yuna for a gauntleted magical girl you might like.
    Yea I suppose in this situation I could treat the gauntlet like a shield rather than a shield and weapon unless you're willing to let the stance count.

And Yuki Yuna might be a good one especially if I go via stance, admittedly Hibiki would be perfect since her gauntlets are well sized for taking bullet like cartridges. I've just been on a kick to try and do original character art where possible for some reason. Like here's one I was considering for my champion idea.

Spoiler
    Show

I also have one for bombadier mage and I know I have one somewhere for empath I probably like just need to dig through my saved images.
    Living right smack center of all the Power Safety Shut Offs in California. Still can make posts just might be slow from time to time.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

How will Cartridges look? I mean given this game has a certain theme I'm imaging they'd have a base appearance.

Not too familiar on PF gods, so I'm not sure what or if my character should worship.

Could use advice on Traits. She's a good girl who is hardy in combat while leading and protecting her friends.

Would Artisan be able to be used on Illuminations?

Also on a personal note Kyra does interest me as a character and two groups would be cool cause it sucks that only three can play. I mean I understand why, but still for them.
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2019-11-26 at 11:36 AM.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YuweaCurtis View Post
    How will Catridges look?
    Not too familiar on PF gods.
    Could use advice on Traits. She's a good girl who is hardy in combat while leading and protecting her friends.
    Would Artisan be able to be used on Illuminations?
    Cartridges look like appropriate small objects that slot into some part of your device. Theming varies based on your device.

That's not a question.

Honestly, best to just read the flavor text of the campaign traits and pick one you like best. For your other trait, if nothing else catches your eye, Reactionary is a pretty safe pick.

Point me at the specific Artisan ability you mean, please?

6. - Top - End - #36

It's a trait in Tyrant's Grasp.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

Don't know what build you're going for, but if you're going for Reach + AoO, then Bodyguard with the Helpful trait is good for protecting your allies.

There's a list of appropriate gods for the region in the Player's Guide.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Don't know what build you're going for, but if you're going for Reach + AoO, then Bodyguard with the Helpful trait is good for protecting your allies.

There's a list of appropriate gods for the region in the Player's Guide.
    Medium or Heavy Armor with a Versatile (Hammer) and a Blazing Aegis. Also have extra Device in form of Marksmen (Uzi/Repeating Crossbow). I'm eventually going to get Twinned Device for a wall of weapons.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Colossus in the Playground

Medium or Heavy Armor with a Versatile (Hammer) and a Blazing Aegis. Also have extra Device in form of Marksmen (Uzi/Repeating Crossbow). I'm eventually going to get Twinned Device for a wall of weapons.
    Self-Sacrifice is a Religion Trait you might like, giving Soft Cover to an ally as a Move Action.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, then yes, the Artisan Campaign Trait works for Magical Girl Magic.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Dhampir are OK but beware of going too far into the emo side in a game about battling evil with your inner Light.
    Yea, nothing like that. I don't do a good emo anyways. 😂
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

12. - Top - End - #42

I'm thinking of either Artisan or Optimistic for the Campaign trait, and Self Sacrifice or Helpful for the other. Not sure which one would be more helpful.

And my bad on the religion thing not being an actual question, I pre-type things sometimes so I won't forget then edit them after the post (because the notes are from my phone and I edit on PC).

Anyways I just don't feel like reading crap about religions so I guess the actual question is Iomedae or Desna more suitable for my character.

(Mostly?) Done character sheet will be up tomorrow.

Also is it Path of War specifically that you don't like or initiators in general?
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2019-11-26 at 04:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sheet for Danaea, my Champion. Mechanics are sorted, background is still WIP and will probably be added piecemeal.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm thinking of either Artisan or Optimistic for the Campaign trait, and Self Sacrifice or Helpful for the other. Not sure which one would be more helpful.

And my bad on the religion thing not being an actual question, I pre-type things sometimes so I won't forget then edit them after the post (because the notes are from my phone and I edit on PC).

Anyways I just don't feel like reading crap about religions so I guess the actual question is Iomedae or Desna more suitable for my character.

(Mostly?) Done character sheet will be up tomorrow.

Also is it Path of War specifically that you don't like or initiators in general?
    It's the whole maneuver system, combined with the fact that DSP classes are just too good.

"Oh, here, let's just give all these martial characters infinite blaster caster slots."

"And while we're at it let's make psionic casters that are so powerful nobody has any reason to play anything else."

15. - Top - End - #45

oof, nothing like having a gm volunteer to run your game and not use the material you specifically want. Probably should have mentioned that first YuweaCurtis.

Spheres stuff is allowed right?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    oof, nothing like having a gm volunteer to run your game and not use the material you specifically want. Probably should have mentioned that first YuweaCurtis.

Spheres stuff is allowed right?
    I'd normally allow it but I've never used ToR before and I don't really want to cross the streams until I know how the stuff works. So no, 1pp material only except for Tome of Radiance, like it says in the OP.

17. - Top - End - #47

I'd normally allow it but I've never used ToR before and I don't really want to cross the streams until I know how the stuff works. So no, 1pp material only except for Tome of Radiance, like it says in the OP.
    1pp stuff?

And I dunno, sounds like you don't like using that stuff at all....
    Maybe I should have mentioned it, but it didn't hit me until you said that, plus I wasn't entirely aware of who I was gonna play. It doesn't bother me much, and helps narrow my options. I can still do the other stuff I wanted so it's good.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

1pp stuff?

And I dunno, sounds like you don't like using that stuff at all....
    Maybe I should have mentioned it, but it didn't hit me until you said that, plus I wasn't entirely aware of who I was gonna play. It doesn't bother me much, and helps narrow my options. I can still do the other stuff I wanted so it's good.
    First party. Paizo stuff.

I have nothing against Homebrew as a general rule and I actually really like Spheres, I just don't like DSP stuff at all, like Psionics and Initiators.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty much finished with my character. Here's Elena Calitier, a clever young night owl of a girl with a penchant for painting, books, and definitely not eating people. She's not completely finished, but the mechanics should be more or less set.

Spoiler: RefPic
    Show
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Here's Lirzah Laevra a young tiefling who wants to give back to the community that accepted her family and her.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Are we still alive?
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

22. - Top - End - #52

I'm still here for what it's worth >.>