The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: A Pathfinder 1E game starting with 1st-level PCs

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's still possible to be an applicant but I'd like to present Zerkra, an Inquisitor who mostly owns her allegiance to Shelyn but also serves her own agenda.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Zerkra was abandoned as a child, somewhere in the bustling streets of Absalom and was found by some wandering pilgrims. The screaming little thing was quickly shoved in the hands of a priest of Shellyn who put it in the orphanage that was part of the temple.

Every orphan of course had to work for their food and their place under a roof, but kinda nobody wanted to take care of the little green speck. The only one who had no qualms was Ertai, an old healer, He was not gifted by Shellyn's grace but everytime an artist had a wound that was healed but still hurt sometimes or if a musician's fingers were acting up he was the one who would give regular massages and made pastes that would, over time, give back the grace to ones fingers and soothe aching muscles.

Of course she also attended regular weapon practices and was schooled in the teachings of Shelyn in the hope to make the uncut half-orc into a full-fledged Paladin of the Incorruptable. After an especially long and arduos lecture About Shelyn and her corrupted brother Zon-Kuthon Zerkra had an epiphany.

While Zon-Kuthon hold darkness to hide the beautiful things in the world, the absence of light could also be soothing, the absence of colors gives the existing ones a much brighter sheen and sometimes it might even be better to not see something.

From that point onward Zerkra doubled her efforts in training, she told Ertai about her thoughts and he saw some wisdom in that but warned the young one that not everyone would think like her.

For Zerkra it was clear. Still devoted to Shellyn and the arts but also wanting to bring the soothing shadows to attention she would need to first make a name for herself, show the world that she was not a maniac who wanted to plunge the world into darkness. What would be better then becoming a pathfinder? She could train her people skills by being with other people and see if the shadows would stand beside her, even in great danger.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Player Name PC Gender Race Class Character Sheet
    ylvathrall Female Tiefling Druid Anophe
    JNAProduction Female Gnome Summoner Pai
    hannahbbug3 Female Svirfneblin Witch Savalnaand Compy
    Hazuki Male Tiefling Sorcerer Kasi Silksong
    kvard51 Male Kenku Unchained Rogue Corvuus
    GideonBurkheart Male Human Cleric Hinter Tirbull
    Seanfall Female Human Alchemist Entrapta (background)
    Burden King Female Tiefling Witch Sakuna
    Foryn Gilnith Male Half-Elf Swashbuckler Keph Malferixian
    Spore Male Catfolk Paladin Mitsuo Tsuyoshi
    DarkOne7141981 ? ? ? ? a
    Alhallor Female Half-orc Inquisitor Zerkra

*screams

Spoiler: Kasi vs Ostritch
    Show
    The angry, oversized pigeon again resists being toppled, but the magic missile strikes home. It warbles angrily, unabated in its assault but not far from collapsing.

Round: 3

The ostritch takes another step closer, provoking an attack of opportunity from Silkwing. If not stopped by the AoO, it attacks again with its sharp talons.

Ostritch
    Claws: (1d20+4)[16]; Damage: (1d6+4)[5]

PCs' turn.
    Last edited by bundlesandflows; 2019-12-04 at 06:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

FINAL ROUND (PROBABLY): FIGHT!

[SPOILER=Kasi Vs Ostrich]It's only thanks to Silkwing's fluttering distraction that Kasi manages to avoid the flying lashing talon of the Ostrich. He manages a wild smile as he stumbles back, flinging both hands towards the Ostrich even as he nears the limits of his reserved magical energy.

5ft Step, Toppling Magic Missile!
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5]
    Trip: (1d20+5)[14]

Silkwing repeats the same actions as before, giving Kasi +2 AC./SPOILER]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I should also openly note that Hinter will probably prestige into the Assassin class around the level 6-8 area, depending how long the campaign will go for.
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I am finding myself completely flummoxed while trying to imagine PCs to play - please remove me from consideration. Best of luck to everyone!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Best of luck to everyone!
    You too! Thanks for popping in.
    Last edited by bundlesandflows; 2019-12-05 at 12:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Show
    The last of the magic missiles strikes and the big bird topples to the ground, unconscious, its remaining life force sapping away by the second...

End of Combat

It's a pile of feathers lying in a heap, nearly motionless. Silence settles into the room. A thought pops into Kasi's mind... Wisdom: (1d20-1)[7]. Perception: (1d20+4)[24].

...But he's unable to hold onto it. He does, however, spot a shiny thing stuck in the ostritch's feathers.

In any case, here Kasi is, standing in the middle of an empty hall with a dying ostritch. What was he doing here to begin with? And what about the ostritch?
    Last edited by bundlesandflows; 2019-12-05 at 12:48 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler: Kasi VS Ostrich
    Show
    Kasi leans against the pillar he's been backed up to and cathces his breath, his slender chest heaving and his resting lank against the floor. He gently pets Silkwing as the bird hops up his shoulder, his eyes fixed on the ostrich and the shiny thing among its feathers. The hawk follows his gaze and lets out an encouraging cry.

"Indeed. In for a penny, in for a sphinx." Kasi nods as an ephemeral golden hand stretches out from his own and attempts to retrieve the dagger. He tries not to focus on the great beast slowly dying before him; he doesn't know how to help, but...maybe he can try something once he knows what shimmers among the feathers.

Mage Hand on shiny thing!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Should I close recruitment soon? Now? Uh oh, and I guess I have to select PCs from the submitted sheets.

Show
    The shiny thing pulls from the ostritch's downy feather coat and floats and bobs midair towards Kasi. Closer inspection reveals it's a bird feather token. There's no indication of its command word.

Suddenly Kasi finds himself lying in bed, pillow askew and blankets and sheets in disarray. He is soaked in sweat. Morning sunlight streams through a window, curtains half-open, and the familiar bustle of Absalom could be heard. Silkwing is perched nearby, still asleep.

As soon as Kasi moves his hands, he realizes he is clutching something. It's the very same bird feather token from the dream.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bundlesandflows View Post
    Should I close recruitment soon? Now? Uh oh, and I guess I have to select PCs from the submitted sheets.

Show
    The shiny thing pulls from the ostritch's downy feather coat and floats and bobs midair towards Kasi. Closer inspection reveals it's a bird feather token. There's no indication of its command word.

Suddenly Kasi finds himself lying in bed, pillow askew and blankets and sheets in disarray. He is soaked in sweat. Morning sunlight streams through a window, curtains half-open, and the familiar bustle of Absalom could be heard. Silkwing is perched nearby, still asleep.

As soon as Kasi moves his hands, he realizes he is clutching something. It's the very same bird feather token from the dream.
    Looks like we have a goodly number. Maybe give folks until tomorrow night or something to finish their sheets?
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kvard51 View Post
    Looks like we have a goodly number. Maybe give folks until tomorrow night or something to finish their sheets?
    OK, deadline 24 hours from now!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sliding in at the last moment, I present Graak Suran, thrice-shipwrecked half-orc samurai who doesn't hesitate to lure his enemies into a false sense of security with his samurai image before sucker punching them. The CN alignment comes with a bunch of baggage but I do think it's the closest fit for him.

Player Name PC Gender Race Class Character Sheet
    ylvathrall Female Tiefling Druid Anophe
    JNAProduction Female Gnome Summoner Pai
    hannahbbug3 Female Svirfneblin Witch Savalnaand Compy
    Hazuki Male Tiefling Sorcerer Kasi Silksong
    kvard51 Male Kenku Unchained Rogue Corvuus
    GideonBurkheart Male Human Cleric Hinter Tirbull
    Seanfall Female Human Alchemist Entrapta (background)
    Burden King Female Tiefling Witch Sakuna
    Foryn Gilnith Male Half-Elf Swashbuckler Keph Malferixian
    Spore Male Catfolk Paladin Mitsuo Tsuyoshi
    Alhallor Female Half-orc Inquisitor Zerkra
    tofucake Male Half-orc Samurai Graak Suran
    Last edited by tofucake; 2019-12-07 at 02:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by tofucake View Post
    Sliding in at the last moment, I present Graak Suran, thrice-shipwrecked half-orc samurai who doesn't hesitate to lure his enemies into a false sense of security with his samurai image before sucker punching them. The CN alignment comes with a bunch of baggage but I do think it's the closest fit for him.
    I don't think CN is as bad as it's made out to be. I've very rarely seen someone use it and actually go silly with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundlesandflows View Post

Show

Spoiler: Kasi Vs Ostrich
    Show
    Kasi winces as he pulls himself out of his sweat-soaked sheets, his hair a mess, his wings askew, his tail tangled in his legs and a feather token resting in his soft hands. He blinks, then peers around his room in search of some culprit, but finds only his familiar and himself.

"Very well." He nods to himself as he slips out of his bed. "I'll just have to ask Caryl about it, won't I, Silkwing?" He looks to the hawk, still asleep. "Silkwing!" He snaps his fingers at the hawk, which wakes immediately and flits to land on his shoulder, talons digging lightly into his thankfully-resistant flesh. "First, the baths, then we can visit Caryl, and then...the Pathfinder society!"

He snaps his fingers again, covering himself in a golden glow that wipes away last night's sweat, smooths out his feathers, and tidies his hair. It shifts to the covers, cleaning his sheets, and he admires himself in the mirror before heading through the door.

He makes it a couple of steps before hopping back in to grab his clothes, then he leaves.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    I don't think CN is as bad as it's made out to be. I've very rarely seen someone use it and actually go silly with it.

Spoiler: Kasi Vs Ostrich
    Show
    Kasi winces as he pulls himself out of his sweat-soaked sheets, his hair a mess, his wings askew, his tail tangled in his legs and a feather token resting in his soft hands. He blinks, then peers around his room in search of some culprit, but finds only his familiar and himself.

"Very well." He nods to himself as he slips out of his bed. "I'll just have to ask Caryl about it, won't I, Silkwing?" He looks to the hawk, still asleep. "Silkwing!" He snaps his fingers at the hawk, which wakes immediately and flits to land on his shoulder, talons digging lightly into his thankfully-resistant flesh. "First, the baths, then we can visit Caryl, and then...the Pathfinder society!"

He snaps his fingers again, covering himself in a golden glow that wipes away last night's sweat, smooths out his feathers, and tidies his hair. It shifts to the covers, cleaning his sheets, and he admires himself in the mirror before heading through the door.

He makes it a couple of steps before hopping back in to grab his clothes, then he leaves.
    I totally agree, though I wouldn't blame GMs for being cautious as well with players they have never met turning up with the "meme" alignment.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

OK. Selecting players feels weird since you've all, you know, put effort into your sheets. I don't usually have to select players IRL. But whatever, here we are. *scream

Hazuki's Kasi
    Spore's Mitsuo
    Foryn's Keph
    ylvathrall's Anophe

Here's the OOC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...OOC&p=24296786

Can you repost your sheets and, if separate, backgrounds in that thread? Then start posting IC whenever you feel like. Oh, also I'll need pictures to make tokens from. They'll look like this.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Ah damn, well that’s that oh well. Have fun all!