New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Has Durkon told the rest of the Order about the new mission from Thor?

As far as I am aware it hasn't been shown on panel, and Durkon doesn't seem to have gotten around to sharing everything that he's learned yet.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Has Durkon told the rest of the Order about the new mission from Thor?

Likely not, since Roy's drunk, and he'd likely be the one that gets told first.

Either way, we can be fairly sure by the time they arrive in the North in the next book, they will all know about it.

3. - Top - End - #3

BlueWizardGirl

Thumbs up Re: Has Durkon told the rest of the Order about the new mission from Thor?

I’m not sure. On the one hand, it’s a huge piece of information and it would have been prudent to communicate it to others as soon as possible in case Durkon was incapacitated in some permanent manner. On the other hand, we haven’t seen Durkon telling anyone, and we haven’t seen anyone react to it. And I agree, if Roy knew he would probably have spent his last couple hours in Firmament planning rather than getting drunk.

So I would guess that Durkon hasn’t told them yet. It’s not an easy thing to explain quickly.
    Last edited by LadyEowyn; 2019-12-01 at 08:44 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Has Durkon told the rest of the Order about the new mission from Thor?

There's a lot of different ways Rich cold do Thor's plan, but I see pretty much every option involving some boring off panel stuff and one or two things that will have to be mentioned for the dramatic parts to make sense.

Durkon could have told Roy in the morning before the fight/ on the way to the fight , but probably not

5. - Top - End - #5

HalflingRogueGuy

I’m assuming task will fall to Minrah.

She has the best chance to explain it all to her uncle anyhow.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, we haven't seen it on-screen yet, so there's probably three main ways it could go.

1) we get to see Durkon tell them directly and see reactions over one, possibly two, pages.

2) it gets revealed in an off-hand, off-screen way, e.g. on-screen we see something like, "Try not to kill Redcloak becuase Durkon told us we need him last night."

3) Durkon doesn't tell them. Seems pretty unlikely though.

7. - Top - End - #7

WolfInSheepsClothing

1) seems most likely because it’s a significant change in plans and each team member likely has their own opinion on it.

8. - Top - End - #8

MindFlayer

Also #1 is a chance to do a quick recap next book

9. - Top - End - #9

I think that Durkon telling them aboot the plan will be next book recap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    New suggestion: the MitD is an Italian Protean. Mamma mia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Eyyy, I'm-a shiftin' da shapes and-a helping my amico Signore Stiffliano escape! Easyducio! Bada bing!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

I just assumed Durkon told them about the plan the night they resurrected him.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

He has both told them and not told them, until we see a reference to it in the comic.

Durkon has Schrödinger's secret.