New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Image-sharing assistance requested

Since PhotoBucket and TinyPic have gone pay-only, I've been scouring the interweb for a source that will allow me to share images on message boards and coming up empty. GitP is literally the only reason I have to do this, so I'm not going to shell out cash on a monthly fee.

I know Google Photo is available, but instead of a single linked photo, viewers see entire albums and also personal information of the account-holder.

Can anybody give me any good suggestions for a service? Or a way to go about this I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Image-sharing assistance requested

My method isn't in any way elegant, but it seems to work pretty dang well. I made a private Discord server (well, I made a Discord server and didn't tell anyone about it, that is). I upload my pictures to the photodump channel I made in that server. Then, when I click on the photo in the Discord app, I click the "open original" link at the bottom, which opens the image in a new tab with a nice image URL (well, long and ugly, but still) that is usable here.

Spoiler: For example, enjoy this nice picture of my cat chilling out in my workshop with me
    Show
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

ImgBB has been working for me. Only, you can't use the url they give you to share it, you have to right-click, hit open image in a new tab, and use that url.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm hosting my avatar on a Dropbox site. You can create extra drop box accounts with different linked email addresses if you find you're exceeding the monthly bandwidth limits regularly. I don't know how high the limit is, but I use my avatar on 3 different boards, and I've never exceeded the limit.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season