New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I've heard people talking about earning Ivara - you get her parts by completing Spy missions without triggering the alarms, and how tricky it is.
    Regular Ivara drops from Rotation C of Spy vaults, so you need 3 successful data retrievals - alarms (vault or regular) don't affect it.

The specific parts drop from 'easy', 'medium' and 'hard' spy vaults; Systems drop from 'easy' (level 1-15 covering Mercury to Phobos), Chassis drops from 'medium' (levels 16-25 covering Ceres to Saturn, including Europa and Lua) and the Neuroptics and Blueprint drop from hard (level 26 upwards covering Uranus to Sedna).

The Fortress, Eris and the Void apparently don't have her parts and with a drop rate between 5.6% to 9.09% depending on the mission, she's again of those those warframes where getting the Prime is easier than getting the regular version.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quick question: I'm doing "Sands of Inaros" and I need to kill Seekers. Is that ALL kinds of Seekers (Frontier, Drekar, Arid, etc.), or just the generic Seekers?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Wiki says that all types of Seekers count.

On another topic, what are the thread's recommendations for farming Axi relics? I have three parts to go for this lot of primes (Aksomati receivers and the link) and they all drop from Axi relics. In the past I would have got them from PoE/Fortuna bounties as it the drop rates were actually really good, but DE obviously cottoned on to that and nixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Quick question: I'm doing "Sands of Inaros" and I need to kill Seekers. Is that ALL kinds of Seekers (Frontier, Drekar, Arid, etc.), or just the generic Seekers?
    The targets in Sands of Inaros are not easy to guess from the clue you're given in most cases, and the later ones are rare spawns. I highly recommend the wiki's guide while you're running that quest chain.

Also, something I really wish I'd known before I ran Sands: Bring lots and lots of scanners and/or Helios with the unlimited scanner upgrade. There's a mission in the tomb where about 30 Kavats spawn, and you can scan them all for DNA. I had no idea about this when I ran the mission... and I also had no idea that Sands is one of the few quests that's not repeatable. So be ready to exploit the mission to get you a pet cat.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    On another topic, what are the thread's recommendations for farming Axi relics? I have three parts to go for this lot of primes (Aksomati receivers and the link) and they all drop from Axi relics. In the past I would have got them from PoE/Fortuna bounties as it the drop rates were actually really good, but DE obviously cottoned on to that and nixed it.
    Interception on Pluto / Eris / Sedna (guaranteed on B and C rotations).
    Lua Disruption (guaranteed if you clear all 4 conduits on 1st 2 rounds, 87%+ on later rounds).
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    The targets in Sands of Inaros are not easy to guess from the clue you're given in most cases, and the later ones are rare spawns. I highly recommend the wiki's guide while you're running that quest chain.

Also, something I really wish I'd known before I ran Sands: Bring lots and lots of scanners and/or Helios with the unlimited scanner upgrade. There's a mission in the tomb where about 30 Kavats spawn, and you can scan them all for DNA. I had no idea about this when I ran the mission... and I also had no idea that Sands is one of the few quests that's not repeatable. So be ready to exploit the mission to get you a pet cat.
    Thanks for the tip! I got LOTS of scanners!

In order to get a Helios I'll need to join a clan...I should probably get around to that.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

7. - Top - End - #127

Griffon

Union J is recruiting, and possibly ideal if you want to continue with your "single player experience" given that I'm the only person in it.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Tempting, though your logo is a little...generic?

9. - Top - End - #129

Griffon

We have a logo...?

I should probably look at the settings some time and figure out how it actually works...

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

We have a logo...?

I should probably look at the settings some time and figure out how it actually works...
    At the moment, it's the generic lotus clan emblem:

EDIT: I think Archwing missions have replaced Spy missions as my least favorite mission type. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SEE WHERE I'M GOING?!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-28 at 05:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

EDIT: I think Archwing missions have replaced Spy missions as my least favorite mission type. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SEE WHERE I'M GOING?!
    Now, which planet and mission? While the Corpus Archwing Sabotage missions could be seen as callbacks to old games like Descent - you at least can get some basic waypoints.

No, no, your ire has not been raised fully regarding Archwing content until Uranus. Cause that's a lot of underwater missions.

The maps go on. And on. And ON. In a lot of flooded underground caverns, tunnels and wreckage.

I'd suggest Elytron and a Fluctus for those missions. Why, you ask? Well, the Elytron 4 - a massive torpedo - will clear areas fast if you pump up the range and strength. And the Fluctus shoots through walls. Just aim at the enemy reticle and pull the trigger. And it's a lot more forgiving than the other guns that shoot through walls - which are single point shooters.

Also, in the spy missions, if you destroy underwater panels, you turn off the alarm grids and the turbines that suck / push you into those grids. Guess what the torpedo does very well without you having to get close...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

12. - Top - End - #132

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha
    At the moment, it's the generic lotus clan emblem:
    Oh right, that thing! That's the Rank emblem - you get "MR" by building the different rooms and completing research, which adds up to denote the rank of your Clan. I've never bothered to do an Ascension Ceremony because... well, it doesn't do anything apart from change your logo and reward you with endo, which I don't particularly need.

I tried it a few minutes ago, just for fun - Union J skipped from Rank 0 straight to Rank 9, since we've done pretty much everything apart from unlock the dojo colour palette. Something to keep in mind when I'm next grinding, I guess.

Now that I've set my clan on the road for success, time to update the name. Needs something a little more... inspirational for the future. Will figure out how to do that in the next few days, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-28 at 06:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Oh right, that thing! That's the Rank emblem - you get "MR" by building the different rooms and completing research, which adds up to denote the rank of your Clan. I've never bothered to do an Ascension Ceremony because... well, it doesn't do anything apart from change your logo and reward you with endo, which I don't particularly need.

I tried it a few minutes ago, just for fun - Union J skipped from Rank 0 straight to Rank 9, since we've done pretty much everything apart from unlock the dojo colour palette. Something to keep in mind when I'm next grinding, I guess.

Now that I've set my clan on the road for success, time to update the name. Needs something a little more... inspirational for the future. Will figure out how to do that in the next few days, I'm sure.
    No, you actually can upload an image for a clan emblem. Individual members can then (pay plat to) wear it as an sigil.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

14. - Top - End - #134

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    No, you actually can upload an image for a clan emblem. Individual members can then (pay plat to) wear it as an sigil.
    Oh, okay. Weird coincidence that I never really noticed either option until now, but I still managed to change one without realising it.

In which case, screw it; I'm not paying 150 plat to upload a jpeg. I like the Lotus emblem, anyhow.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

May I join your clan then? I believe I need to be invited.
    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Now, which planet and mission? While the Corpus Archwing Sabotage missions could be seen as callbacks to old games like Descent - you at least can get some basic waypoints.
    The rush mission on Phobos. I only succeeded in it because someone else got ahead of me, and they only managed to destroy two of the escaping transports. I couldn't even GET there because I kept getting lost!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-28 at 11:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

NinjaGuy

The rush mission can go to hell. The time that I finally passed it I could only get one transport. Never touched it again.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

17. - Top - End - #137

Griffon

May I join your clan then? I believe I need to be invited.
    Keep an eye out for the invite any time now. If I'm online later I'll give you the 'grand tour'

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

I am now a proud, card-carrying member of Union J!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The rush mission can go to hell. The time that I finally passed it I could only get one transport. Never touched it again.
    Yeah, there are two archwing missions proper that got my ire. The Rush and Pursuit.

Again, Fluctus works well in Pursuit mode, since it has a more forgiving strike zone... and with the way that stupid ship evades, you need all the help!

20. - Top - End - #140

NinjaGuy

On a separate topic, I've decided to dive into Kuva Liches now that I'm done farming primes parts. The first lich I spawned had the Kuva Tonkor, with the lowest possible damage bonus of course . What your general tips for lich hunting? It seems to me that you should:
    • do whatever lich missions you can do to start collecting murmurs
    • early on, eliminate the lich's influence from the star chart so they can level up and spread to more planets, giving you more missions to collect murmurs
    • attempt mercies on the lich even when you don't know all the requiems, as you get murmurs from the attempt anyway, are able to rule out requiem mods, and level the lich up
    • repeat ad nauseum until it dead

Sound about right? Are there any missions I should do first for efficiency's sake? And also how does lich influence work? If I leave them alone will they gradually spread to the entire star chart? If I clear the lich's influence on a planet except for one node, will the lich eventually control regain control of the planet?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

I've done a dozen liches, here is my advice:
    1) Abandon all hope. This system requires huge time investment and is incredibly stingy with worthwhile rewards.
    2) Attempt a kill on your lich ASAP, regardless of murmur progress. Attempting a kill is the easiest (practically the only) way to increase a lich's influence, and this gives you more decent mission choices.
    3) Do exterminate and survival missions, these seem to spawn the most thralls. Avoid spy and defense missions, they're terrible. The others are meh.
    4) When your lich spawns, leave it alive so long as it has mooks to turn into thralls.

Completing a lich quickly is a matter of weighing different priorities: maintaining a good mission selection, testing requiems, and keeping them around for more thrall spawns. Basically, stab them if you're running out of missions, or have new murmurs to test. Otherwise, probably keep them around.

22. - Top - End - #142

NinjaGuy

Thanks for the advice AmberVael.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    1) Abandon all hope. This system requires huge time investment and is incredibly stingy with worthwhile rewards.
    Uuugh. I'd hoped that the grind would have been dialled back after all the patches, but apparently not.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Uuugh. I'd hoped that the grind would have been dialled back after all the patches, but apparently not.
    Unfortunately the Liches appear to be the start of a nasty mechanic from other looter shooters - RNG stats on the same named piece of gear.

While at least you can transfer a better bonus from a duplicate Kuva weapon to your current one (especially after you've sunk 5 forma into it to maximise your MR gain), trade a Lich to another player or (when DE programs it into the game) get rid of a Lich via Palladino, Railjack avionics and upgrades are a mess.

Normally it wouldn't be so bad if the rate of gain was much higher like in games where the mechanic comes from (e.g. Diablo series), but it's frustrating in Warframe since more effort is required.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Unfortunately the Liches appear to be the start of a nasty mechanic from other looter shooters - RNG stats on the same named piece of gear.
    And no method of re-rolling said stats, ala Riven mods.

I'd argue about the avionics and upgrades for the railjack, though. I can't seem to get out of ANY mission without at least a few of each clogging up my inventory. At least you can get rid of / trade them to folks who haven't had that much luck. Or want to spend the time.

And I loathe asterite farming.

25. - Top - End - #145

Railjack avionics are one thing.
    Those are just mods.

Railjack Weapons and Parts, on the other hand...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #146

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post

(when DE programs it into the game) get rid of a Lich via Palladino
    Have they actually said they'll do this? It's a common community suggestion, and it would help a lot with rolling a lich that is of absolutely no use to you, buuuut it's been a few updates since the liches were introduced and it hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2020-01-03 at 03:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Have they actually said they'll do this? It's a common community suggestion, and it would help a lot with rolling a lich that is of absolutely no use to you, buuuut it's been a few updates since the liches were introduced and it hasn't happened yet.
    They did say that, I believe, in a tweet. The devs took a 2 week vacation a week after dropping railjack, that's why everything is a bit of a mess right now. Hopefully they will get back to patching by next week.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I finally made it to Ceres and serendipitously found the Orokin Cell I needed to construct Nyx when I made planetfall!

The Stalker still pwned me for killing the Sergeant, though. I lasted longer against him than I did the first time, though, thanks to Oberon's Renewal, but he still one-shotted me (turns out the encounter I thought I'd killed him in during a defense mission was his SHADOW Stalker set-up, and he was there for another player. The first time he came for ME he backstabbed me instantly). How DO you beat that guy, anyway?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm of two minds about railjack. I enjoy the gameplay but it is still a very buggy experience. More than once in the last week I've completed a mission only to be greeted by an empty rewards screen. It's also a very lopsided experience. I can join missions into a full crew with no problem, and most of the time it's right at the beginning of the mission. If I try to start a mission myself and get a crew to join me nothing happens. I think I've had one person join me, and he promptly left the railjack, flew around in archwing for about two minutes, got killed, and then left the squad.

I tried out vauban for the first time in months and I actually really like it, but geez is he squishier than ever. His cc compensates nicely, but around lvl 60 it just isn't enough, even with quick thinking.

I finally made it to Ceres and serendipitously found the Orokin Cell I needed to construct Nyx when I made planetfall!

The Stalker still pwned me for killing the Sergeant, though. I lasted longer against him than I did the first time, though, thanks to Oberon's Renewal, but he still one-shotted me (turns out the encounter I thought I'd killed him in during a defense mission was his SHADOW Stalker set-up, and he was there for another player. The first time he came for ME he backstabbed me instantly). How DO you beat that guy, anyway?
    I have always had a harder time killing Stalker over Shadow Stalker. Shadow Stalker is tougher, but generally only more dangerous if you get stuck on terrain or run away backwards while firing at him. The best way to fight Stalker is to stay in motion and make short bursts of fire at him. Don't be afraid to take time to clear up other dangerous enemies while fighting Stalker as well. Especially enemies that cc you can open you up to being killed. Stalker will leave if you die whether he's the one to kill you or not.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

...THAT'S the problem! I tried to engage him in melee since that's what I'm most comfortable with!

Not sure how well I'd do shooting and running at the same time, though. My multitasking abilities aren't very strong. That's WHY I'm more comfortable with melee than gunplay.