New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default The Borderlands 3 Thread: Wotan ain't nuthing to f wit

I'm always interested to hear of the cool stuff players have come up with in BL3.

Some cool stuff I've used:
    • Big Boom Blaster shield with Zane's Barrier. Blaster shield causes you to drop boosters when hit that give 60% max-shield heal, +1 grenade, and +1 heavy ammo each. Barrier is an indestructible dome that can be upgraded into having a copy of the shield you have equipped. Combined, dozens of boosters get dropped for infinite grenades, rocket launchers, or just as med-packs. It's been loads of fun.
    • Quasar grenade with Zane's Clone or Drone builds. The Quasar has an invisible singularity effect that launches enemies into the air. With the Drone or Clone throwing out free grenades, it's a great way to just watch enemies bounce around.
    • Moze's Autobear skill + Co-op Turret skill + Cooldown Reduction Guardian Perk.
      • Autobear: After Moze's mech's duration ends and Moze hops out, her mech will automatically move and attack for 15 seconds.
      • Co-Op Turret: A player can hop on the back of Moze's mech, operating a gatling turret with infinite ammo. That player is invulnerable while in the turret. Moze can use this turret during Autobear.
      • Cooldown Reduction Guardian Perk: While your shields are full, you gain massive cooldown reduction. At max shields, Moze's mech respawns in roughly 15 seconds (down from 60).
    • Amara with a melee lifesteal relic. Nothing else in the game gets as much lifesteal as a melee attack with a lifesteal relic. Nobody else really gains any bonuses to melee damage...except Amara. With the lifesteal relic, you can basically punch an enemy and gain all of your HP back. Sure, they're going to shoot you, so you do it again. And again. And again. I've facetanked entire bosses just by punching them over-and-over.
    • Flak's Fade Away, augmented with the Pet Taunt, with the same Guardian Rank Perk mentioned with the previous Moze combo. Since your pet is taunting enemies from shooting you, you can reduce Fade Away's cooldown from 45 seconds to about 10. Coincidentally, that allows you to make your pet Taunt again. Tack on the "All my BFFs" skill (your pet gets 100% of your health regen bonuses), and now Fade Away's health regen benefits apply to your pet (which he'll need, since he's tanking for you).

What are some of your own?
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-12-09 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Borderlands 3 Thread: Wotan ain't nuthing to f wit

Just found out last night that there's a possibility that a part of Wotan can glitch out and disappear from the fight, making completion impossible.

Technically you can kill the boss, but it won't count as a completion for the run. You'll just be stuck there with an empty arena. I'm kinda mad about it. Spent about 6 hours total trying to get all the way through the raid, learn the boss and his mechanics, and finally kill him...just to have the damn thing bug out at the last possible moment.

I think I have a solution. In Spoilers, for people who want to hate themselves (and like to be surprised by a 40-ton mechanical butt-plug).

Spoiler
    Show
    In the last segment of the fight, Wotan splits off into two halves. The bottom half is the crab holding the brain, and the top half just kinda hovers around and acts like a giant turret. It seems that the top half can fly off into space, or into a wall, or something. Not sure. I do know that I beat the boss without killing the top half, and it kinda disappeared while I was running away like a little b****. So kill the top half first to make sure it doesn't fly off and prevent the fight from being "finished".
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-12-10 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Borderlands 3 Thread: Wotan ain't nuthing to f wit

Now I'm following YouTube channel with BRLNDS 3 progress. As I see, seems to be difficult game but good plot