New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Magnificent Masquerade Random Banter #225

Naturally the day I come to random banter to take my mind off my 24-hour vomiting bug is the day you all choose to talk about food.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'd go halvsies on that. You get the coffee, I get the cake.
    It has better be really strong coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Naturally the day I come to random banter to take my mind off my 24-hour vomiting bug is the day you all choose to talk about food.
    So anyway, onto drinks. Has anybody yet found an energy drink that doesn't taste of arse? I need something for whalen I crave that caffeine hit, but I've found nothing decent.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    It has better be really strong coffee.

So anyway, onto drinks. Has anybody yet found an energy drink that doesn't taste of arse? I need something for whalen I crave that caffeine hit, but I've found nothing decent.
    Have you tried coffee or energy drinks?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    *gives you both coffee cake.*

*flees*
    Awe, so nice. Coffee cake is great. May I have some, beautiful girlfriend of mine~?

Oof. Sorry about that unfortunate timing.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Have you tried coffee or energy drinks?
    I drink a lot of coffee. Energy drinks taste like arse, as previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Awe, so nice. Coffee cake is great. May I have some, beautiful girlfriend of mine~?
    I might have to quit the thread for a couple of weeks if this keeps up, I deal with the 'shoving in people's faces' enough in real life.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I drink a lot of coffee. Energy drinks taste like arse, as previously mentioned.

I might have to quit the thread for a couple of weeks if this keeps up, I deal with the 'shoving in people's faces' enough in real life.
    I haven't drink energy drinks for more than a year because I was so addicted.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

You ever have that moment where you misinterpret something for a split second, then you feel sort of dumb for thinking it?

In this case for a split second, when I read "24-hour vomiting bug" I parsed that as you having an insect that's constantly puking. Like as a pet.

Obviously, you meant some kind of illness that lasted for 24 hours. Ugh... I guess I'm just not all the way awake.

No... I keep trying new ones, but to me they all taste vile. I did 5 Hour Energy for a while. They don't taste great, but they're small so you don't taste them for long.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    You ever have that moment where you misinterpret something for a split second, then you feel sort of dumb for thinking it?

In this case for a split second, when I read "24-hour vomiting bug" I parsed that as you having an insect that's constantly puking. Like as a pet.

Obviously, you meant some kind of illness that lasted for 24 hours. Ugh... I guess I'm just not all the way awake.

No... I keep trying new ones, but to me they all taste vile. I did 5 Hour Energy for a while. They don't taste great, but they're small so you don't taste them for long.
    I've never drink 5 Hour Energy but I'm not interested to try it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I mean if it is a bee that sounds pretty great. "Honey, guess what I got you for Christmass?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I draw like a 5-year-old. I just don't have the capacity to be a good artist.

11. - Top - End - #71

I don't actually like coffee but Coffee Cake and Coffee Crisp chocolate bars are delicious.

My apologies. I only wanted to be obnoxious about it until someone noticed and no one did the first time. I won't, and wasn't planning on, doing that in the future. You don't have to take a break.

My intent was that since we're both fairly often seen forum regulars, it would be funny to bring it up so overtly, I guess. But then basically no one so much as blinked since everyone was focused on bread. So I wanted to do it again. I should have been more considerate.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-12-13 at 12:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

My intent was that since we're both fairly often seen forum regulars, it would be funny to bring it up so overtly, I guess. But then basically no one so much as blinked since everyone was focused on bread. So I wanted to do it again. I should have been more considerate.
    People noticed, we just didn't say anything, because (well, like I'm doing right now), that generally leads people to talk about it, and it's not easy to tell if one's being deliberately obnoxious. So generally best to just let it be, and hope that it doesn't happen again when done by a usually decent person.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Practice makes perfect, maybe I'll share one of my terrible drawings to this thread, probably when I make the mistake of trying to write a webcomic.

Actually, better ask my brother for advice on that one.

I don't actually like coffee but Coffee Cake and Coffee Crisp chocolate bars are delicious.

My apologies. I only wanted to be obnoxious about it until someone noticed and no one did the first time. I won't, and wasn't planning on, doing that in the future. You don't have to take a break.
    Sorry, I didn't call it out the first time because, well, I didn't want to do that, and everybody's allowed to bring stuff like that up.

Anyway, I feel terrible about it, but I'm going to be skipping my work's Christmas party due to today's news just getting me down, hyperawareness-based difficulties, and not wanting to feel the social rejection I felt at the last work event I could attend. I've apologised to several people about it, and I'm going to try to attend the smaller party just for people who work on my floor, but I can't deal with over a hundred people in a small venue not including me in their conversations.

Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    People noticed, we just didn't say anything, because (well, like I'm doing right now), that generally leads people to talk about it, and it's not easy to tell if one's being deliberately obnoxious. So generally best to just let it be, and hope that it doesn't happen again when done by a usually decent person.
    Aah, tragedy.

I'd blame my being sick but the truth is I'm also probably a big ole attention hog sometimes. I still blame being sick impairing my judgement.

Also I should clarify that my intent was for just for someone to go "oh so you're dating Mystic Muse?" and then I'd go "yeah she's the best" and that'd be it.

*Sends hugs for AnonWizard* sorry I ended up hurting you more instead of helping.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-12-13 at 12:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Practice makes perfect, maybe I'll share one of my terrible drawings to this thread, probably when I make the mistake of trying to write a webcomic.

Actually, better ask my brother for advice on that one.

Sorry, I didn't call it out the first time because, well, I didn't want to do that, and everybody's allowed to bring stuff like that up.

Anyway, I feel terrible about it, but I'm going to be skipping my work's Christmas party due to today's news just getting me down, hyperawareness-based difficulties, and not wanting to feel the social rejection I felt at the last work event I could attend. I've apologised to several people about it, and I'm going to try to attend the smaller party just for people who work on my floor, but I can't deal with over a hundred people in a small venue not including me in their conversations.
    That's true but when I thought of all the drawing that I've made I think what the other people will say about my drawing like "You draw like a baby start drawing more adult-like." I'm not Pablo Picasso not everybody draw the same way as other people do.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No, you were right the first time. I use it as a souce of biofuel.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

So we do working lunches at my job, and I really hate it when customers come in and see food and say "oh you got some for me" or stuff like that. Which, I assume, literally everyone on the planet hates except the people who do that. Anyway, I finally found an effective counter to that. Guy came in a minute ago, looked at my food and said "you didn't bring enough for everybody?" I just looked back at said "nobody else paid." That shut him up. I'm going to with money rout every time from now on.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I mean if it is a bee that sounds pretty great. "Honey, guess what I got you for Christmass?"
    Bees huh? Well, girls do like swarms of things.

Not to seem overly dismissive, but being able to draw isn't that great. Not in my case anyway. Remember how I mentioned that I draw a comic that's mostly just for me and the people that I'm closest to? The one that is evidently about people crying now?

Getting into why I'll probably never be ready to share what I do with the wider public would require diving into some pretty complex feelings and personal history. Not something I can sum up in a snappy forum post. So I usually explain by saying that I can't draw because it's simple and most people understand, even though it isn't really true.

On that note, don't get too hung up on your perceived lack of skill. Skill comes with practice and you can work on that. I mean, if you really want to. Just draw constantly. Play drawing games, leave sticky-note doodles, talk with people that you think draw well.

Aah, tragedy.

I'd blame my being sick but the truth is I'm also probably a big ole attention hog sometimes. I still blame being sick impairing my judgement.

Also I should clarify that my intent was for just for someone to go "oh so you're dating Mystic Muse?" and then I'd go "yeah she's the best" and that'd be it.

*Sends hugs for AnonWizard* sorry I ended up hurting you more instead of helping.
    As an aside, I'm glad for you and Mystic Muse.

No, you were right the first time. I use it as a souce of biofuel.
    ...That's a gross pet.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Not to seem overly dismissive, but being able to draw isn't that great. Not in my case anyway. Remember how I mentioned that I draw a comic that's mostly just for me and the people that I'm closest to? The one that is evidently about people crying now?

Getting into why I'll probably never be ready to share what I do with the wider public would require diving into some pretty complex feelings and personal history. Not something I can sum up in a snappy forum post. So I usually explain by saying that I can't draw because it's simple and most people understand, even though it isn't really true.

On that note, don't get too hung up on your perceived lack of skill. Skill comes with practice and you can work on that. I mean, if you really want to. Just draw constantly. Play drawing games, leave sticky-note doodles, talk with people that you think draw well.

As an aside, I'm glad for you and Mystic Muse.

...That's a gross pet.
    Ok. I guess your explanation has cheered me up a bit.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    working lunches
    That's a thing!?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That's a thing!?
    Sure, it's called catering, obviously.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That's a thing!?
    We have a very informal work atmosphere. It cuts both ways; for example, if we have a lot of difficult customers in the morning, we'll usually decide to have the store buy us all lunch.

And it's much better than the minimum work allowances in most states, believe you me.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Aah, tragedy.

I mean, you ran into me, who has enough issues here that I avoid commenting on other people's relationships so I don't start crying about my loneliness at them. I know you didn't mean that, but I have issues.

I mean, it's fine, but I do sometimes have to use this thread as an escape from the world reminding me that nobody is able to love me. Yeah I'm ****ed up, but I'm apparently the least magnetic and most horrible person on the planet when you have to interact with me in person. And considering what's going on in my country I'm feeling like the universe is trying to kick me until I start coughing up blood, so I'm at my most volatile even when I can delay speaking.

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Unless you're being commissioned, the only person whose opinion of your stuff matters is you.

Are you happy with it? Keep drawing, screw the haters (unless the content of your art is inherently harmful)!

Are you not happy with it? Well, then you have to answer the next question yourself.

CAN you be happy with it? Can you get to the point where you love the way it looks?

The answer to that should tell you whether or not to continue.

Sorry for delayed response. Work got stupid busy.

*Gives LaZodiac and anyone else who actually wants it coffee cake.*

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Other pets require too much assembly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Unless you're being commissioned, the only person whose opinion of your stuff matters is you.

Are you happy with it? Keep drawing, screw the haters (unless the content of your art is inherently harmful)!

Are you not happy with it? Well, then you have to answer the next question yourself.

CAN you be happy with it? Can you get to the point where you love the way it looks?

Yeah, this. Unless commissioned by somebody else the only opinion that matters is yours.

Therefore my writing is rubbish, although if I'm lucky I'll have a piece for beta reading in a week (either a short story or the opening section of my fantasy romance*).

Anyway, I'm getting to work out if it's worth investing in a PS4 to play all the games over been missing out on, it's certainly cheaper than a gaming PC bit they're still nowhere near as cheap as I'd like even for a basic model.

* I wonder if I can write the love interest out of this portion as well. That'll gI've me three of four parts without any annoying relationships.

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Sorry for delayed response. Work got stupid busy.

*Gives LaZodiac and anyone else who actually wants it coffee cake.*
    You're right. Forget the haters. I'm going to continue drawing. Speaking of drawing I'm going to draw my Female Lesser Drow Wizard.

28. - Top - End - #88

Yeah, this. Unless commissioned by somebody else the only opinion that matters is yours.

Therefore my writing is rubbish, although if I'm lucky I'll have a piece for beta reading in a week (either a short story or the opening section of my fantasy romance*).

Anyway, I'm getting to work out if it's worth investing in a PS4 to play all the games over been missing out on, it's certainly cheaper than a gaming PC bit they're still nowhere near as cheap as I'd like even for a basic model.

* I wonder if I can write the love interest out of this portion as well. That'll gI've me three of four parts without any annoying relationships.
    Good luck AnonWizard!

And remember, with Beta Readers, their opinions are their own. Often they can be good opinions, but sometimes not. So if someone says your writing is good you don't have to accept it if you don't want to. Though I recommend you do, hearing "this is good and could be published, if you worked on it" was one of the things that inspired me to even do what I'm doing.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Good luck AnonWizard!

And remember, with Beta Readers, their opinions are their own. Often they can be good opinions, but sometimes not. So if someone says your writing is good you don't have to accept it if you don't want to. Though I recommend you do, hearing "this is good and could be published, if you worked on it" was one of the things that inspired me to even do what I'm doing.
    Thanks. I'm just very self-conscious about how pulpy my writing is. I have family members with strong views on what is 'proper literature', and my writing style and genre makes it fall as fat outside of that as possible.

Although those family members would also turn their nose up at Fullmetal Alchemist, due to it being 1) a comic/cartoon, and 2) fantasy. Because apparently those make telling deep stories impossible.

Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Thanks. I'm just very self-conscious about how pulpy my writing is. I have family members with strong views on what is 'proper literature', and my writing style and genre makes it fall as fat outside of that as possible.

Although those family members would also turn their nose up at Fullmetal Alchemist, due to it being 1) a comic/cartoon, and 2) fantasy. Because apparently those make telling deep stories impossible.
    Reminder that Jules Vernes thought it was vital we know the life history of a priest Valjean steals from ever so slightly, but not that Javert gets paid like ****. Proper literature is flying by the seat of it's pants, same as you, and you have the cushion of those before you having gone past.

Also yeah they sound like dullards.