New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Mafia/WW Red Atlantic Cruise

I’ll join the Caerulea bandwagon, just to see what happens.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Oh goddamn it. AV.
    Technically, nothing in the original post says dead people can't talk...

I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Announcement: Dead people are dead. Corpses can not talk. If you are dead, do not post in this thread until the game is over. You may post in the qt that I explicitly send to you after you are dead.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

How do we know if we're dead?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #95

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    How do we know if we're dead?
    There will be an announcement.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll get in on this Caerulea

7. - Top - End - #97

BlueWizardGirl

End Night One

Well, a large amount of people felt that this Caerulea person was a mite suspicious. Let's kill them now! was the clamour. However, it was getting late, and it's a ship, surely they'll still be there in the morning. For some, though, waiting until morning wasn't enough. One person snuck into the captains cabin, withdrew their gun, and shot him in the head.

Caerulea died. They were the Captain (neutral). Now who's going to sail the ship? Autopilot, probably.
    Night lynches are not a thing.

Begin Day Two
    Extended Signature.

she/her

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, by "night lynches are not a thing" you mean that it was a night power or is it just flavor?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Wait, by "night lynches are not a thing" you mean that it was a night power or is it just flavor?
    Sounds like we shouldn't bother voting at night anymore because they confirmed it is pointless. I think they were killed by a night kill. If I had to guess I would say it was a town night kill. I could be wrong but it seems like it would be a dumb target for the wolf to go after Caerulea When we didn't even know if they counted as a kill Target. It makes sense for tile to do it if we have someone with the town killability because it would gather information. A wolf however would probably have been better served trying to kill a player. It could have also been some kind of neutral kill.

My only issue with this theory is why would the wolves not kill somebody... Sonata think about it are wolves are either no shows or this one's the action of a wolf. No telling I guess.

Edit: Also Grek

Edit: sorry about the rambling. I figured my thoughts might help somebody better at the game even if they make no sense.
    Last edited by gac3; 2019-12-22 at 03:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Your thoughts make sense to me, anyway... let’s see what I can deduce.

Assuming that Caerulea was a town/neutral kill (I agree, it’s unlikely for a wolf to kill the narrator), there are a few possibilities (I’m using “wolves” but there might only be one wolf.)

1. The wolves don’t have a night kill. This is extremely unlikely, but in a game like this not completely impossible.

2. The wolves have a night kill but didn’t use it. Whether that’s because they chose not to (makes no sense) or because they’re inactive (possible), I don’t know although I suspect the latter.

3. The wolves were roleblocked. I’d go with this, except that the roleblocker was the late AvatarVecna, who couldn’t have roleblocked anyone. Unless there’s another blocker under the category of “town with extra win-cons and powers”?

So my theory is that the wolves are inactive.

I’ve been keeping a vote count, so I’ll look at Day One:
    Spoiler: Day One Votes
    Show
    AvatarVecna (7): flat_footed, gac3, AvatarVecna, Elenna, Erin666, BasketOfPuppies, PartyOfRouges

Unavenger (3): Snowblaze, The Outsider, Valmark.

Snowblaze (1): Unavenger.

Caerulea (1): JeenLeen

Invalid vote (2): Grek, Silent_Interim

Posted without voting (3): C’nor, Xihirli, Chrysocolla

Didn’t post (2): flyinglemur, Xenopax.

So, by that logic, flyinglemur.

(edit) Also, Snowblaze for mayor, if we're allowed to re-elect every day.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2019-12-23 at 09:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Is there auto-lynching in this one? How does it work? Do you only need to post or do you also have to vote?

That said, I think they were roleblocked. With all the hidden roles it'd make sense there would be at least one more... Baner was the term?

While it could be one who didn't post, I'm gonna wait and see what others come up with.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I like Snowblaze's thoughts. I'll put a second vote on flyinglemur.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

I'll spread the love to Xenopax for my first vote.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #104

WolfInSheepsClothing

Although Caerulea still hasn't confirmed to me if my mayoral status does anything (Just in case, reelect Unavenger for mayor 2020) it's possible that both the wolves and the medic disagreed, and therefore decided to make sure that I died or that I didn't, respectively. Hence, no nightkill and one safe, happy mayor.

Anyway, I like this counterwagon 'cause it means both of you need to talk or risk biting it, so Xenopax speak now or forever rest in peace.

(Valmark, baner means medic, blocker means roleblocker.)

15. - Top - End - #105

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Is there auto-lynching in this one? How does it work? Do you only need to post or do you also have to vote?
    If you do not post either in here, or in your quicktopic (should you have one) by the end of night two, you will be replaced by kgato503, if they are willing, or just autolynched.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

16. - Top - End - #106

WhiteWizardGirl

Unavenger for mayor, Grek for BIG, Xenopax for lynch.

The other option was flyinglemur, but they're always a no-show day one.
    Last edited by Grek; 2019-12-24 at 04:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

There can only be one X-name, Pax.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Unavenger's government led to the death of the captain, so I'm going to vote Snowblaze as mayor!

As for actual murder and death, I'm going to jump on Xenopax wagon 'cause Xi's argument is a really good, sound and well-opinionated point.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

My working theory is that there's only one wolf (the Madman) and a bunch of other factions/roles with their own goals. Which does make "no night-kill because the only wolf was inactive" a reasonable theory.

Anyways, not sure how to feel about the size of the Xenopax wagon? It came up pretty fast, which generally tends to be a sign of the player not being a wolf if nobody is trying to defend them or create another wagon, but if I'm right about there only being one wolf...

Gonna poke flyinglemur instead, since they were also a no-show which could explain the lack of wolf kill.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I think Elenna has a good point. I'll join in the voting on flyinglemur as well.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I’ll also get in on the flyinglemur bandwagon

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

This is what I get for forgetting to post. Xenopax because yikes I'm doomed if I vote anyone else. Unavenger for mayor, because I've always been so suspicious of him in the past, that I might as well turn a new leaf here.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...and this is where I realise I've just started two bandwagons based on incomplete information and faulty logic. As Unavenger says, it's also possible that the medic could have protected the wolves' kill target.

The theory I've gone with, though, is a lot easier to test, so based on the fact that flyinglemur has now posted and this is apparently his usual activity, I'm changing my vote to Xenopax.

Vote Snowblaze for Mayor, everyone! (I do have a clue what I'm doing, honestly).

24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground

...well, apparently we're lynching Xenopax now. That's... I mean, I disagree with the logic behind it, but it's possible, I guess. I don't think it's especially more or less likely to have been a town night kill than a wolf one. It's a strategically iffy move either way, though I suppose if there's a vigilante they might have done it for teh lulz. Still, a wolf might well have done it just to see what happens too. If there's a medic who blocked another night kill, I'd encourage them to come forward with that info sooner rather than later, because that would confirm one way or the other, and a successful baning is a very helpful starting point for tracking down wolves.

EDIT: Oh, uh. I suppose I should probably vote. JeenLeen, because second in on a big ol' wagon is a cozy spot for a wolf.
    Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2019-12-23 at 10:25 AM.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    ...well, apparently we're lynching Xenopax now. That's... I mean, I disagree with the logic behind it, but it's possible, I guess. I don't think it's especially more or less likely to have been a town night kill than a wolf one. It's a strategically iffy move either way, though I suppose if there's a vigilante they might have done it for teh lulz. Still, a wolf might well have done it just to see what happens too. If there's a medic who blocked another night kill, I'd encourage them to come forward with that info sooner rather than later, because that would confirm one way or the other, and a successful baning is a very helpful starting point for tracking down wolves.

EDIT: Oh, uh. I suppose I should probably vote. JeenLeen, because second in on a big ol' wagon is a cozy spot for a wolf.
    IMO the difference is that wolves usually have better targets for night kills, but townies should usually refrain from killing N1 because it's more likely that they'll kill an ally rather than a wolf. So a townie has less to lose by probably wasting their night-kill to see what happens, which is why I think the Caerulea kill was a townie.

I'm also not convinced that the medic should expose themselves just to say who they blocked a kill on. It basically makes them useless for the rest of the game as they have to keep protecting themselves. Yes, an unkillable, uncounterclaimed medic could start a network, but networking should be significantly less helpful this game that in the last one since not all roles are known.
    And I'm not sure why you say a successful baning would help find wolves? All that tells us is who was targeted last night, and trying to find wolves based on that information is always full of WIFOM.
    (Also, does the medic even know if their bane was successful? I feel like Caerulea answered this question but I don't remember...)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest I feel like the lynch is wasted on account of Xeno getting auto-lynched anyway if they don't post. Which seems likely at this point, since he was last online when he posted in the recruitment thread (actually two days after, but close anyway).

Homewever if you say that flying's modus operandi is to not be around the first day/night then the only suspicious person is Xeno, yes. I find it too unlikely that the wolves kill was blocked seemingly by chance and I can't see why they wouldn't kill, since it gives us more time to find them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    IMO the difference is that wolves usually have better targets for night kills, but townies should usually refrain from killing N1 because it's more likely that they'll kill an ally rather than a wolf. So a townie has less to lose by probably wasting their night-kill to see what happens, which is why I think the Caerulea kill was a townie.

I'm also not convinced that the medic should expose themselves just to say who they blocked a kill on. It basically makes them useless for the rest of the game as they have to keep protecting themselves. Yes, an unkillable, uncounterclaimed medic could start a network, but networking should be significantly less helpful this game that in the last one since not all roles are known.
    And I'm not sure why you say a successful baning would help find wolves? All that tells us is who was targeted last night, and trying to find wolves based on that information is always full of WIFOM.
    (Also, does the medic even know if their bane was successful? I feel like Caerulea answered this question but I don't remember...)
    Also this. A medic or any other kind of spike in the spine shouldn't reveal themselves openly. What if there's an unblockable night kill? I think there was one in the magician's game?
    Plus having to protect oneself means thay you'll be leaving the others vulnerable. Or it becomes a game of chance. Which always is, so nothing changes
    Last edited by Valmark; 2019-12-23 at 11:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

BlueWizardGirl

The answer was in the recruitment thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    The medic, or other roles that can block a night kill, will be informed if they do so successfully. The voider does not get informed if they block someone.

For example:

Wolves and Medic target AvatarVecna.
    - She survives, and the medic gets told that they successfully saved AvatarVecna. Wolves are told that their night kill failed.

Wolves and medic target AvatarVecna, Cook targets the wolf carrying out the kill.
    - Wolves are told their nightkill failed, medic is told nothing, AvatarVecna survives.

Wolves and medic target AvatarVecna, Cook targets medic.
    - AvatarVecna dies, the medic is told "you were unable to take an action because you were asleep. :(" and the wolves see that AvatarVecna is dead.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    The answer was in the recruitment thread.
    Ok, thanks!

So the medic would know if they blocked a kill, but I still don't think it's worth it for them to say so. Also, I'm kind of suspicious of Silent_Interim for suggesting it.

Now, if we could say for sure that the cook stopped a kill, it would be worth it for them to say who they targeted. But I don't see any way to know that for sure. It might be worth it anyways, maybe? I'd rather try a Xenopax or lemur lynch instead.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, thanks!

So the medic would know if they blocked a kill, but I still don't think it's worth it for them to say so. Also, I'm kind of suspicious of Silent_Interim for suggesting it.

Now, if we could say for sure that the cook stopped a kill, it would be worth it for them to say who they targeted. But I don't see any way to know that for sure. It might be worth it anyways, maybe? I'd rather try a Xenopax or lemur lynch instead.
    Remember, we killed the cook.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Remember, we killed the cook.
    Derp. Reasons not to post at work...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!