New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Mafia/WW Red Atlantic Cruise

End Day 2

Xenopax
    was lynched. As you examine their corpse, you find a few passports, and a heavily redacted document, saying nothing that you can discern. They were an American spy.

Vote Tally:
    Xenopax 5
    flyinglemur 4
    JeenLeen 1
    Grek 1

Also, though Snowblaze tried, only two of the 50% that had to participate in the election in order to replace the mayor turned out to vote. Unavenger is still the mayor.

Begin Night 2
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-12-25 at 11:13 AM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

2. - Top - End - #152

WhiteWizardGirl

I have been contacted by someone claiming to be a 'Retired Interpol Agent' who alleges to have been informed at the start that the game setup involves a single Madman (a lone night-killer) and two separate Spy Rings (two or more 'normal' spies and a single 'counter-spy' who wins with the opposite Spy Ring instead of their own) who presumably win when they eliminate the opposite spy ring. The 'Retired Interpol Agent' says that they win if Madman and both Counter-Spies die while they themselves survive, irrespective of the Town win/loss. Assuming all of that is true (and the person in question has convinced me via secret information sufficiently that I'm taking it as true) means we have the following roles remaining:

ANTI-TOWN
    1. Madman

TOWN
    2. Hacker
    3. Cook (DEAD, AvatarVecna)
    4. Medic
    5. Newlywed #1
    6. Newlywed #2
    7. Psychologist

AMERICAN
    8. American Spy #1 (DEAD?, Xenopax?; Could have also been the Un-American Counter-Spy)
    9. American Spy #2
    10. American Counter-Spy

UN-AMERICAN
    11. Un-American Spy #1
    12. Un-American Spy #2
    13. Un-American Counter-Spy (DEAD?, Xenopax?; Could have also been an American Spy)

NEUTRAL
    14. Retired Interpol Agent

UNKNOWN (Town or Neutral with a possibility of one extra set of Spies for each side)
    15. ???
    16. ???
    17. ???
    18. ???
    19. ???

FICTITIOUS
    20. Captain (DEAD, Caerula)
    Last edited by Grek; 2019-12-25 at 03:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153

WolfInSheepsClothing

Also, "Mayor" doesn't influence my voting power. How tragic.

4. - Top - End - #154

BlueWizardGirl

EVERYONE: You are not permitted to share screenshots of your role PM or other information by me confirming your role. I saw this mentioned as a possibility in one of the QTs.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

5. - Top - End - #155

BlueWizardGirl

Additionally, I missed a vote. Sorry. The voting tally has been corrected.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Interesting.

OOC note: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, and Happy Holidays to y'all.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

This game is... Confusing.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground

It’s true and you should say it.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    This game is... Confusing.
    Yeah but I think this one was meant to be that way.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Also, "Mayor" doesn't influence my voting power. How tragic.
    Guess I'll stop wasting my time trying to get myself elected, then.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Well now that you've said that...

Snowblaze for Mayor of the Night!

12. - Top - End - #162

WolfInSheepsClothing

Although, Caerulea is stubbornly refusing to confirm/deny whether or not Mayor actually does anything, and is prodding me to try to use my mayoral powers to do something, so... god knows.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Although, Caerulea is stubbornly refusing to confirm/deny whether or not Mayor actually does anything, and is prodding me to try to use my mayoral powers to do something, so... god knows.
    Try pardoning the lynch? Or passing a law? Or kissing a baby?

14. - Top - End - #164

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Try pardoning the lynch? Or passing a law? Or kissing a baby?
    All excellent ideas. A reminder that one hour is left to submit tonight's night action.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    All excellent ideas. A reminder that one hour is left to submit tonight's night action.
    Well, I mean, unless he pardons the madman.

16. - Top - End - #166

BlueWizardGirl

End Night 2.

One person thought they had it figured out. They knew how the game was going to go, the roles, the teams, and even had a contact on the inside. Everything was going swimmingly, until all of a sudden there was a bullet in the back of their head. Grek was killed. Waking up to find his lover gone, Unavenger jumped off the back of the ship.

Additionally, as his last action, Unavenger issued a mayorial decree, requesting that gac3 reveal his identity. Who are you, gac3?

Grek and Unavenger died. They were the newlyweds.

Oh, and nobody else showed up to the night-mayor election, so noone was elected.
    Begin Day 3.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-12-27 at 09:52 AM.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I have basically no clue what is going on... so who killed Grek? We know there are at least two nightkillers out there: the madman and whoever killed Caerulea. To me it seems kind of unlikely that a town or neutral would kill Grek (unless, of course, he had some information that they didn't want getting out, such as the identity of the "informant" he mentioned).

So I think we can assume that the madman is active and killing people... so who are they? To be perfectly honest, I have no idea.

Spoiler: Day Two Vote Count
    Show

Xenopax 5 (Xihirli, Unavenger, Valmark, flyinglemur, Snowblaze)
    flyinglemur 4 (JeenLeen, Elenna, The Outsider, PartyOfRouges)
    Grek 1 (gac3)
    JeenLeen 1 (Silent_Interim)
    Posted without voting: Grek (who specifically chose not to vote)
    Didn't post: flat_footed, Xenopax, BasketOfPuppies, C'nor, Chrysocolla, Erin666

So... I don't quite know what to make of that. My "lynch the inactives" idea might not have been brilliant. I do wonder why gac3 didn't give any reason for their vote, and why Silent_Interim voted for the claimed neutral (although neutral would be an easy role to fakeclaim).

And does the mayoral decree actually force gac3 to roleclaim or not?

I won't vote just yet, because I don't know who to vote for.

18. - Top - End - #168

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    And does the mayoral decree actually force gac3 to roleclaim or not?
    It does not.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'll start with gac3 since I reckon the mayoral decree was done with some rationale behind it. Though nobody really seems wolfish to me.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I have basically no clue what is going on... so who killed Grek? We know there are at least two nightkillers out there: the madman and whoever killed Caerulea.
    Uh. Do we know that? Is there any particular reason to suppose that those are different people? The past couple weeks have been kind of hectic for me, and I haven't been paying that much attention to the game, but I'm pretty sure I've read everything posted in the thread and while there's some evidence there's more than one NK, I think it's pretty flimsy myself.

To me it seems kind of unlikely that a town or neutral would kill Grek (unless, of course, he had some information that they didn't want getting out, such as the identity of the "informant" he mentioned).
    If we take at face value what Grek revealed last night, I think there's good reason to suppose that any number of people might have wanted Grek silenced, for that or any other reason.

My current theory is that there is only one NK, and it's the madman.

So I think we can assume that the madman is active and killing people... so who are they? To be perfectly honest, I have no idea.
    That is the idea, yes.

So... I don't quite know what to make of that. My "lynch the inactives" idea might not have been brilliant. I do wonder why gac3 didn't give any reason for their vote, and why Silent_Interim voted for the claimed neutral (although neutral would be an easy role to fakeclaim).
    ...did JeenLeen claim neutral? If so, I missed that, and I can't find any such claim hunting through the thread.

Anyway, I maintain that the no-show bandwagon is the best place to begin searching. Of the people who voted for no-shows, we have...

Spoiler: SilentInterim's Official List of Folks Wot I Reckon Might Be Wolves.
    Show

Unavenger, rest in peace.
    flyinglemur, who was absent on day one, the subject of the second highest voted wagon day two, and acted as their own tiebreaker. I'm not suspicious of them, but also I'm not not suspicious of them. I'm... reserving judgement for now.
    Elenna, who voted for and advocated for the logic of the day two wagons I regard as suspicious, but who has been leading and promoting discussion, which I generally regard as town behaviour.
    Snowblaze, who did lead one of the wagons I am suspicious of, but who I have no other reason to be suspicious of.
    Valmark, who... I don't have a good read on, but who has been generally involved in discussion.
    Xihirli, who I will freely admit I have absolutely no read on and am therefore inclined to be suspicious of on the grounds of pure paranoia, and because I don't think anything good has ever come of trusting her. She also led the counter-wagon... kind of.
    (Am I the only one who kind of feels like we only had one real wagon yesterday? I don't feel like there's any real difference between having voted for one inactive and another. It makes it quite annoying for trying to get a read on yesterday's votes.)
    PartyofRogues, who has been dreadfully quiet, posting once each day (and once in the night) to vote and nothing else.
    TheOutsider, who has technically posted and said more than PartyofRogues... but not by much.
    JeenLeen, who has similarly been slightly more active but is flying under the radar.
    I do regard Xihirli as suspicious on these same grounds, but she's good enough at the game that this could be a ploy, and trying to predict whether or not Xihirli is messing with you is a sucker's game. So I'm just going to ignore that particular problem for now.

Picking one of those last three essentially arbitrarily... PartyofRogues, to try and induce discussion and because you were on a wagon I regard as highly suspect. I'd also like to humbly (well, "humbly") submit my vote for SilentInterim for Mayor, SilentInterim for President for Life, and SilentInterim for the new Captain.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I too feel like there's at least two killers. 'cause I can't see the madman target Caerulea when there are real targets around.

Though I do agree on Grek. I feel like there are actually better reasons to kill Grek for a townie/neutral then a wolf, assuming no one knew that she was a newlywed. Or at least the killer didn't know.

No idea on the madman either... Homewever I do have suspicions. They remained the same as yesterday, namely Silent_Interim and FlyingLemur.

Of these two, I'm going to vote for Silent_Interim. On one side, I'm part of the suspects so it's a form of pre-hentive self-defence (though it's not really an important reason) on the other, Grek agreed with me the last day on SI and she got killed, I don't think there are ties (I feel like she got murdered for the whole informant thing) but it's still a suspect.

It could change, provided something else emerges.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2019-12-27 at 07:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    ...did JeenLeen claim neutral? If so, I missed that, and I can't find any such claim hunting through the thread.
    I did. My motivation for claiming it was I was worried some of my helpfulness would make the wolves want to kill me OR make me seem wolfish to a night-kill town, so to not die I wanted to admit some of my role. I'm a neutral with the win condition of killing another neutral. I'm wary to mention more because I don't want to paint too much of a target on my head, for I reckon the person I want dead probably wants me dead.

On the NKs
    I do think there's a town NK. Like already mentioned, it's unlikely the wolves killed Caerulea. I think it's likely they targeted Unavenger as mayor and the medic also tried to protect them, and it cancelled out. Or just random luck was such that they targeted whoever the medic protected.
    OR there's some additional strange mechanic going on. (Maybe the wolves get 0 kills night 1, 1 night 2, 2 night 3, and some pattern like that? That could compensate for one wolf.)

- - - Updated - - -

As for my relative inactivity: I've had a 102-103 fever for most of last week and not been at work. I generally am active on the forums when I'm in the office, so no office means more of minimal involvement.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    As for my relative inactivity: I've had a 102-103 fever for most of last week and not been at work. I generally am active on the forums when I'm in the office, so no office means more of minimal involvement.
    I initially thought you were talking about Celsius (the default in my country) where the fever is usually at 40, so I was quite confused to say the least.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Well that was... Interesting. Let's start with what I know. I claimed my role to Grek after feeling confident they were town. Knowing now that Unavenger was their lover and assuming they shared information, I suspect this mayorial decree was an attempt to force me to own up if I was lying to Grek. That said, I do not currently intend on publically proclaiming my role. In part because I feel it will make me a large target for the madman. My only real concern though is finding the madman.

I also didn't realize that I told Grek why I voted for them but nobody else. I don't mind sharing though. I found them suspicious for not voting while acting like they were being active. I found voting all twelve wolves suspicious and might have moved my vote day 2 if not for them deciding not to vote, which seemed so strangely suspicious.

As far as wolf suspicions, I'm thinking there is only one still. If that's the case, I'm hesitant to suspect new players. If I was Caerulea, I would try to give the single wolf role to someone I knew was consistent in games. That said, looking at people's total posts: Basket of Puppies is an experienced player who posted 5 times during the first day and not since it looks like. Seems very active but if they suddenly got busy and only came back in time to kill Grek, they could be the madman.

Alternatively, Grek might have been killed by the counter spies they talked about.

Also Jeenleen, if you are a neutral who is in some kind of feud with another neutral, isn't it still dangerous to announce that much? Even without telling us who you are exactly? I guess if you know your rival doesn't have a night kill.
    Last edited by gac3; 2019-12-27 at 06:25 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Having announced that saying what you do means you're a target for the wolves means you're a target for the wolves, gac3. So I'd like to hear some more about what you can do.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

JeenLeen, because of some suspicions.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Chrysocolla hasn't said anything since they agreed with Silent Interim D1, and nobody's poked them about it yet.

Chrysocolla, you still here? Any thoughts on the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin666 View Post
    JeenLeen, because of some suspicions.
    Can you explain what makes them suspicious?
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-12-28 at 12:30 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

So, let's talk about Gac3, yes?

First off, I was already suspicious that the informant themself could've killed Grek, to hide their identity. I didn't know it was Gac3 though, I was more thinking of Silent_Interim. Sorry?

That said, I find curious that Gac3 would hide their role after it was already announced. Unless, as I believe, it isn't actually that one.

This is further affirmed by the fact that they speak of the counter-spies as if it was someone else's idea.

What's more, I think that it's strange that they would first say that their role would make them a target for the madman, then specify that their only real concern is finding the madman. I mean, unless you are hiding something, why would you have any other concern?

There is to say in their favor that there is no fool-proof way of knowing they are the informant. Indeed, JeenLeen could be the informant. Thing is- I feel it's unlikely, especially since I've yet to see incosistencies from them and they spoke of one other neutral. (The inconsistency in Gac3 being the wording of being a target for the madman).

It could also be that they are in cahoots and Gac3 asked JeenLeen to speak about claiming the role because they did the same and it could help them.

Also they could be both wolves- I'm already assuming that the informant/Gac3 lied and that was the only clear evidence I believed in that means there is only one wolf.

I know they are all little things- but they add up. And it's my strongest suspicion.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. It seems most of the suspicion on me arises from me stating that the madman would target me and he is my only concern. Well I may have (very intentionally) left out that I am more worried about the spies. I don't know what they are after (besides presumably) the madman dead. That said, I have no specific reason to think they would target me but Grek seemed in agreement that they might if they hard my full role. That is why I said my only goal is the madman. While I figured I might have to explain my full role if I want to make it to the night, I wanted to get it out early to the spies that whatever their goals are, I'm not caring. I only care about who they are to the extent that it means they aren't the madman. But it is part of my win condition to survive and keep so many Innocents alive so I was hoping to avoid drawing their attention too much. I got extra paranoid when Grek was killed. Seems like a paranoid spy move more than a wolf. I'm still convinced our madman is inactive. The only way I know to confirm that is to stop trying to kill people at might and just do the day lynches with the info we gather at night. But I doubt that will happen.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

...I'm sorry, did you just imply that you have an NK? Because it certainly sounds like you did.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2019-12-27 at 09:07 PM.