New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default A question on Minecraft for the Xbox one, and save files

So my daughter has minecraft on Xbox one. However for whatever reason(and this is a verified issue online), if you have the physical disc copy like she does, you can't update the game. No idea why, but there are a lot of posts about it online, so it's definitely a thing and not an issue specific to us.

Anyways, for Christmas we are getting her the digital version so she can play it fully updated. My question is, will her worlds that she has saved, transfer over when we download the game digitally, and if not, is there some way I can transfer the old save files from the physical copy over to the digital file? I'm assuming it should be fine because the save files save to the xbox harddrive itself(obviously), but I've seen screwier things before(for example, not being able to update Minecraft solely because I have the physical disc version of the game).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: A question on Minecraft for the Xbox one, and save files

And n/m, the question has resolved itself, the save files do in fact transfer over(which I figured). She is super happy, there are a LOT of differences she's already noticed, and she's barely started playing it. Still think it's insane that the physical disc version is so far behind the digital ><. Massive waste of money.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: A question on Minecraft for the Xbox one, and save files

I'm astonished it does do updated. Every other game on the XBox One does updates.