New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default The Power Of Chess

I feel like I want to make a new thread of chess. So anyway Chess is like Pokemon, there are so many strategy and tactics and so many openings. I did mention that grandmasters are like chess gods or paragon and they're very difficult to beat unless beaten by another grandmaster which they usually end in a draw or pull a tough win. I've played against a few grandmasters in my lifetime and I lost badly against them. I consider myself a low tier chess player with a few tricks up my sleeve. I could play well against weaker players but experience and skilled players not so much. I know there was a chess player in this forum but I'm not sure if he sure active anymore but I sure have fun playing with him. And that's about it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Power Of Chess

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    So anyway Chess is like Pokemon,
    It's really not.
    Pokemon has random elements, chess has none. Pokemon is based on asymmetrical and unpredictable matchups because each trainer can choose whatever pokemon and teach them whatever moves they want; chess is symmetrical and the same every time. Pokemon is a series of 1v1 matchups, all chess pieces are in play simultaneously. Pokemon have multiple stats determining their capabilities and they can lose variable amounts of HP or be subject to status ailments, chess pieces simply have the way they move and are either on the board or off it with no in between.
    Chess is not like Pokemon.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2020-01-01 at 09:42 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: The Power Of Chess

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    It's really not.
    Pokemon has random elements, chess has none. Pokemon is based on asymmetrical and unpredictable matchups because each trainer can choose whatever pokemon and teach them whatever moves they want; chess is symmetrical and the same every time. Pokemon is a series of 1v1 matchups, all chess pieces are in play simultaneously. Pokemon have multiple stats determining their capabilities and they can lose variable amounts of HP or be subject to status ailments, chess pieces simply have the way they move and are either on the board or off it with no in between.
    Chess is not like Pokemon.
    Ok what about Chess compared to Checkers?