New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Chart Event - Ride of Heart

Hi folks,

My wife and I are going to be participating in the Ride for Heart on June 7, 2020 in Toronto, Ontario. The is 75km and follows a route along the Don Valley Parkway and the Gardener Expressway (if you don't live in Toronto, or near by, those are two major freeways/motorways in the area).

Our goals is to raise $2000 combined, or $1000 each, but obviously we'd love to be able to contribute as much as possible. The link to our team will contribute to the team goal and we look forward to anything you can do to help us support this wonderful cause.

If you can contribute anything at all that would be amazing. Remember, this a registered charity, and you will get a tax receipt for anything over $10. I'm not sure how that works if you're outside of Canada.

Here's the boiler plate describing what you will be contributing to:

When it comes to heart disease and stroke, our genes should not be our destiny. That’s why we are fundraising for the 2020 Manulife Heart & Stroke Ride for Heart on June 7. Your donation will push forward life-saving research like this and more and fund incredible breakthroughs to create more survivors of heart disease and stroke!

It was always apparent that family history played a role in our risk factors for heart disease and stroke. But despite significant advances, we only know 20-30% of the genes involved.

With the right funding, doctors predict they could unlock the genetic puzzle behind cardiovascular disease within as little as five years.  

Help us fund this important research and meet our fundraising goals.

I've included a support link below for our team.

http://support.heartandstroke.ca/goto/romstrong1

Thank you so much for taking some time to read, and if you contribute thank you again!
    Last edited by Beleriphon; 2020-01-06 at 04:50 PM.